Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

kazil posted:

Just get an editor and give yourself whatever you want. Yeah the drop rates suck but there is no penalty for cheating.

I know I can cheat. Cheating involves tabbing out and seeing what stuff I'm supposed to be able to get from what guy, finding the item, adding it in, it's awkward and inconvenient, although I grant it's slightly less awkward than actually farming the stuff up legitimately. I was hoping there would just be a mod that just ups the rare drop rates so I don't have to mess with all that external stuff and can feel like I'm still proceeding somewhat legitimately.

Vib Rib posted:

The GRealm mod has something called Affluent Ingots, which are super difficult/expensive to get, but you can use them make a pretty solid armor set.
At full, the affluent armor set has an 8% drop-doubling effect, which isn't exactly what you're looking for, but increased drops on an armor set is pretty awesome.

That's a cool idea for an armor set, but as you say, an 8% chance to double doesn't help when there's a .01% chance to get even one of something in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Terraria is free on the Amazon app store today! Awesome!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

Re-Logic also just released this teaser, by which I mean some company logos and three flashes of concept art pieces with no context.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzaRakpt8t4

So I don't know what this new project is.

Blackheart posted:

Terraria in space
Here is my $15.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Nobody posted this thing yet?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I set up a persistant server for some friends to LAN on, and I can't believe I've never played with minecarts before - I think after Minecraft I assumed that it'd be prohibitvely expensive to build tracks of any length, but here they're incredibly fun and convenient at 30 segments per iron ore, and no messing around building carts required.

Being able to set up sweet jumps and switches with no effort is great too.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So hey, here's a fun thing until 1.3 comes out!

With some help, I made an extensive plugin file that adds 225 recipes.
This is mostly designed to improve decoration options without needing to farm multiple worlds, so it's useful on multiplayer servers where only one world is available. It also allows the crafting of certain staple recipe items that normally show up in chests. This covers a few categories:
  • Staple accessories are craftable. On a server with four people, if the dungeon only has three cobalt shields, one person will never get their ankh shield. Now you can! The costs are designed to balance things so that finding them in a chest is way better, but this is still a viable option, albeit usually only accessible later. Now after enough time you're guaranteed to have early-game staples like the magic mirror and hermes boots, and high-population servers won't starve. Accessories include aglets, magic mirrors, hermes boots, muramasas, cobalt shields, red balloons, lucky horseshoes, and more.
  • World-specific accessories like the panic necklace (crimson only) and band of starpower (corruption only) are craftable too.
  • All banners are craftable now. Dungeon, hell, sky, and pyramid banners included.
  • All monster banners are craftable with silk and some items relevant to that monster. HM monsters also generally require souls of light/night and herbs.
  • Sunplate is craftable, because there was never enough.
  • Dungeon brick is now craftable, in all three colors. Further each brick can be crafted into any of its 3 wall types and then back again.
  • Dungeon furniture can be crafted from dungeon bricks. Rare items like dungeon candles are now viable decorations, and all in a single world.
  • Obsidian furniture can be crafted (though one world will probably have more than you need anyway).

Here's how to use it:
1. If you're running a TShock server, you can grab this plugin, and put it in your Terraria/ServerPlugins folder.
2. Run Tshock once, then quit.
3. Your tshock folder should now have a subfolder called "PluginConfigs". Open it up and use notepad or any text editing program to open AllRecipes.json.
4. Replace contents of AllRecipes.json with my recipe list, in the pastebin here.
5. Run the server.
6. To craft something, type "/craft [recipe's name]". To get a list you can type "/craft -allcats" which will list all the categories, and "/craft -cat [category name]" to see the list of all the recipe names in that category. Type "/craft -quit" to cancel crafting at any time.

I find this is really convenient for large servers that don't have enough necessary accessories to go around, leaving many people without the necessary boots/mirrors/etc, or just for servers that want to be able to decorate with say, Nymph or Wyvern Banners at some point in this lifetime. Plus, Brass Shelves and Alchemy lanterns and other dungeon fixtures look great but can be almost impossible to find in decent supply, so help yourself to those too.
I wrote in all the recipes myself, so please let me know if any recipe doesn't work, or needs tweaking, or just ask if there's any new recipes you want to see added. Many of these recipes are first pass in terms of cost so I might edit the requirements for some items later. Also, if you want to tweak things for your server, it's easy to remove some, or add some, or just change the costs yourself, since the file is all plain text and easy to interpret.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 3, 2015

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

I've searched around online without an answer, so I'm hoping someone might have some advice on what I'm doing wrong. I'm playing Terraria on the PS4 and trying to make an Ironskin potion. My world contains lead ore, which I know is interchangeable with iron. I have a water bottle, lead ore, and daybloom in my inventory. (I made the water bottle, mined the lead ore, and picked the daybloom out of the grass.) When I approach my alchemy table, there is no Ironskin potion recipe in the crafting list. I have other potions listed in the potion recipe list, and have made at least the Regeneration potion at the alchemy table, which is not one of the few you can make at the beginning of the game, so I definitely have other recipes in my list that were added once I made an alchemy table.

Why won't the Ironskin potion show up in my list?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It shouldn't make a difference, but are you talking about the designated Alchemy Table station or just a table with a bottle on it? Both should be able to do it, but I could see it slipping by with the Alchemy Table.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

It shouldn't make a difference, but are you talking about the designated Alchemy Table station or just a table with a bottle on it? Both should be able to do it, but I could see it slipping by with the Alchemy Table.

I'm using a table with a bottle on it, which I thought was the only thing that was considered an alchemy table. I'll go figure out how to craft a proper alchemy table then. Hopefully that's the problem.

Edited to add that if there's a way to make an alchemy station other than with a table and a bottle I can't figure it out.

Ebenezer fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 3, 2015

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I use crafting benches myself.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ebenezer posted:

I'm using a table with a bottle on it, which I thought was the only thing that was considered an alchemy table. I'll go figure out how to craft a proper alchemy table then. Hopefully that's the problem.

Edited to add that if there's a way to make an alchemy station other than with a table and a bottle I can't figure it out.

OK I'm looking now and apparently it's something coming up for 1.3 that will be exactly the same as a normal table/bottle station but will include the chance of not consuming some ingredients.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
New spoilers for the upcoming update, although who knows when. Mostly interface stuff but neat changes.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads%2Fnew-1-3-spoilers-enhancing-the-user-interface.9424%2F

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

benzine posted:

New spoilers for the upcoming update, although who knows when. Mostly interface stuff but neat changes.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads%2Fnew-1-3-spoilers-enhancing-the-user-interface.9424%2F

Check out the tree growing in the pink grass. I thought it was merely recoloured, but it's a brand new overworld biome. Also grey alien banners, snowman invasion banners (FINALLY) and yellow grass with vines in the dark tower? And a sundial.....

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Pretty sure that's just pink paint on a snow tree.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Perhaps to imply that trees, like vines, flowers, and grass, will now grow in the color of whatever grass/block they were planted on.

E:
Also, that "quick sort to nearby chests" thing is the best quality of life improvement I've seen in ages. Goddamn, I always wanted something like that.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 14, 2015

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I was hoping to give The Story of Red Cloud a go to help me hold off for 1.3, but it looks like the arcane web of mods is broken that allows it to function. Specifically, Game Launcher (which allows old versions to run) is broken, by what appears to be a fairly recent Dropbox backend problem.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Probably for the best, it's not very good.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It's not bad til you open up hard mode and the dungeon design goes completely off the rails.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I enjoyed red cloud back when it was the honour system for block breaking and you could bank your souls to avoid loosing them, making it only risky between "save points."

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
More spoilers from the solar eclipse.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
In addition to all the new mobs, looks like they've redrawn all the old ones there, too.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
Hope that means you can trigger the things now.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Hope the Fly drops the costume.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

benzine posted:

More spoilers from the solar eclipse.

Everyone knows the Addams called the hand Thing. Come on.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yes but as is clear from all the other names, they're not naming them exactly the same as their original source material (for the most part). "Nailhead" instead of Pinhead, "Butcher" instead of Leatherface, etc.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Everyone knows the Addams called the hand Thing. Come on.

I guess they're not fans of cease and desist letters.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

benzine posted:

I guess they're not fans of cease and desist letters.

Right, which is why they have Swamp Thing without even an attempt at hiding it like with "Nail Head" who I'm pretty sure isn't public domain. Maybe they figure since Square Enix never cared about their use of Final Fantasy sprites that they're fine now too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What final fantasy sprites did they use?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
In the pre-release your character was a recolored Bartz I think. I kind of dont remember but it was definitely a FF sprite.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Weren't a couple of the sword sprites stolen too? I remember hearing that it was the guy that left to do Starbound that did those sprites.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Where's that short compilation video of my boy pbat playing terraria incompetently?

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007

Avocados posted:

Where's that short compilation video of my boy pbat playing terraria incompetently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BhRLs1uZQA

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
I'm pretty sure all those sprites were placeholder sprites, things that every developer uses in the process of developing a game.

There wasn't even a 'pre-release' of Terraria, some guy stole the game files and leaked them online, that's how they got into people's hands.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Yeah, but then he released the game as it was in response to the leak. It would have been Early Access today, but that didn't exist yet. My memory is fuzzy but weren't the recolored Bartz sprites still there in that version?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Lakitu7 posted:

Yeah, but then he released the game as it was in response to the leak. It would have been Early Access today, but that didn't exist yet. My memory is fuzzy but weren't the recolored Bartz sprites still there in that version?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they didn't replace the sprites til 1.1ish.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So this just got announced like five minutes ago:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads%2Fterraria-otherworld.11627%2F

http://terrariaotherworld.com/

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Looks interesting. Unfortunately I'm leery that it's going to be the same bullet-hellish type combat system Terraria has.

Could be super neat, though.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
This team is really fond of lifeless plodding player characters.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

I don't want to be all MY PIXELS or anything but the higher res textures and smooth lighting don't seem as good as the existing Terraria stuff. My brain is probably more forgiving of lovely textures when they're low-res enough that it can fill in the gaps with things it imagines would actually fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ive made worse purchases :v:

• Locked thread