Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
I'm about to do a mirrored 4 TB setup so I'll have both backup and cloud access, I'm just debating on which enclosure, though I'm leaning toward something from Synology. I considered just paying for cloud space, but I like having the data locally for speedy access too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

colas posted:

where are you buying your vinyl?
do you get mostly new?

Amazon for newly released stuff, https://www.discogs.com for used/old stuff that I want specifically, and local Chicago record stores for used stuff that just looks fun.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I love that people come into a thread about materialism (generally) and then get mad at people who buy nice things. Yes, everyone has different tastes, but no one is asking for your opinion. Basically, stop shop-shaming.

Content: just got some super-soft flannel shirts from cabela's (as I love their roughneck flannels in winter). Love them, but I really wish they made medium-talls, as opposed to just large+-talls. Having a long and (relatively) thin torso is a pain in the rear end for sizing.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I just backed my first crowdfunding project, yay.

(Full Disclosure: That's an affiliate link)

mcbexx has a new favorite as of 20:12 on Jan 23, 2015

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

1redflag posted:

I love that people come into a thread about materialism (generally) and then get mad at people who buy nice things. Yes, everyone has different tastes, but no one is asking for your opinion. Basically, stop shop-shaming.

Hey man, ain't nothing wrong with a 2,500 dollar chair, but that's just because no African civilians died for it :colbert:

Content:

Tower defense game

Buying this furry game when it unlocks today

Count Uvula has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Jan 22, 2015

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

rockcity posted:

I'm about to do a mirrored 4 TB setup so I'll have both backup and cloud access, I'm just debating on which enclosure, though I'm leaning toward something from Synology. I considered just paying for cloud space, but I like having the data locally for speedy access too.

I recently got the 214se and have been thoroughly impressed with it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That's why I'm not a vegetarian. I can't enjoy any purchase unless someone has suffered and died because of it.

In thread news, I bought Alien and Aliens on blu ray for 5$ a pop. That was a nice best buy sale.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

While I think this could have some pretty creative and fun uses I think it's funny that one of the main ones they promote is to use it as a light switch. Are homes so drat smart these days that they don't bother to build in actual light switches?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Inspector 34 posted:

While I think this could have some pretty creative and fun uses I think it's funny that one of the main ones they promote is to use it as a light switch. Are homes so drat smart these days that they don't bother to build in actual light switches?

I took it as more like switching all your lights to a preset state with one click, which is pretty slick if you've got a bunch of devices to accommodate it.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Count Uvula posted:

Hey man, ain't nothing wrong with a 2,500 dollar chair, but that's just because no African civilians died for it :colbert:

Content:

Tower defense game

Buying this furry game when it unlocks today

I hate to burst your cognitive dissonance bubble, but unless you are growing/making all of your own food/clothing/furniture/etc. (Or are otherwise locally sourcing it), someone or something is likely being exploited by your consumption habits. That's kind of, like, capitalism's thing.

Edit: for an example related to your post, look into conflict minerals and the controversy related to their use in computers.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 00:06 on Jan 23, 2015

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble that apparently couldn't be used for coffee, so I bought a couple books:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Sex Criminals is pretty great.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

PYF Recent Purchases: hey you, assface, you're doing a marriage proposal wrong and let me tell you why

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
Personally I think HK is a poo poo hole and the Ritz is where the plebeians go when they can't afford the class and style that is The Pennisula.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

POST PURCHASES.

I got Ghost in the Shell because I really just wanna hear the soundtrack again. I got AKIRA because hopefully it has the right voices, not the bullshit ones on my dvd copy. And they're a buck so whatever.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I Am Not Spor posted:

Personally I think HK is a poo poo hole and the Ritz is where the plebeians go when they can't afford the class and style that is The Pennisula.

Having never been and just from pictures, I always liken HK as a try-hard of Vegas (flashy) mixed with the decadence of somewhere like Geneva

Content:

First oil change, yaaagh!

Cranberry Jam
Apr 8, 2011

and a tank bag

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hey look he bought the Lifestyle Pack

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Sappo569 posted:

Having never been and just from pictures, I always liken HK as a try-hard of Vegas (flashy) mixed with the decadence of somewhere like Geneva

I've never been there and I've only driven a Porsche from 1988, so :shobon:

I bought 100 bags of Irish black tea for $20 because I drink a lot of tea.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

It's a collection of military aviation themed cartoons from WWII through the late Vietnam years, by Bob Stevens. I had one of his softcovers growing up as a kid and this is the hardcover collection of the bulk of his military-themed work. Later in life he started doing editorial cartoons as well as more general aviation-themed stuff.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I Am Not Spor posted:

Pffft the peninsular doesn't have 9000 floors and it's got loads of green rolls royces instead of silver. It was between here and they hilltop place

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

colas posted:

POST PURCHASES.

I got Ghost in the Shell because I really just wanna hear the soundtrack again. I got AKIRA because hopefully it has the right voices, not the bullshit ones on my dvd copy. And they're a buck so whatever.

The Ghost in the Shell soundtrack is amazing, I agree - but you realize it's on iTunes, right?

I can't imagine the sound quality on an ancient VHS tape being very good.

The composer is Kenji Kawai if you decide to search for it. It's only :10bux: too

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

colas posted:

POST PURCHASES.

Man I was so looking forward to the DVD release of Akira, I knew the script on the VHS inside out, I could quote it forever so when the DVD version was slammed into my DVD player and Kaneda didn't sound like Kaneda I was honestly a little upset. :(

colas
Feb 14, 2007

HaB posted:

The Ghost in the Shell soundtrack is amazing, I agree - but you realize it's on iTunes, right?

It was an impulse buy. And it's basically soft tones so I'm not that concerned with the fidelity.

quote:

Kaneda didn't sound like Kaneda I was honestly a little upset.

I was most upset buy Masaru, the fat kid in the floating wheelchair, sounding completely different.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

This looks cool and I can see a lot of uses for it. (Edit: had more here but I may try to make my idea into a product myself)

I am not sure what the rules are for this thread but you may want to either change that link to be directly to the page or at least put something mentioning that it is your referral link and you get something if people use it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(It's a spatula.)

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

88h88 posted:

Man I was so looking forward to the DVD release of Akira, I knew the script on the VHS inside out, I could quote it forever so when the DVD version was slammed into my DVD player and Kaneda didn't sound like Kaneda I was honestly a little upset. :(

Wasn't the first english dub of Akira absolutely atrocious and then they made a second one, which was slightly better but still awful? Especially compared to the glorious original :japan: voice acting.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

colas posted:

POST PURCHASES.

I got the bluray for Christmas, and it has an option for both audio tracks. I also kept my VHS copy around because I liked the voices of the children from the old dub better than the new ones for the DVD.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

johnnyratbastard posted:

Feral Boris
http://www.feralbrewing.com.au/feral-beer/

La Sirene Saison, wild saison, super saison
http://www.lasirene.com.au/

Nail oatmeal stout
http://www.nailbrewing.com.au/beers.html

La Sirene Farmhouse red

Amazing beers, La Sirene blew everyone away when they started producing a few years back. Love them all dearly.

I've drunk Feral beers before and they're real nice, I'll check out the others thanks

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Two one-hundred bottles of 200mg caffeine.

Because I plan on never sleeping againmaking my heart explode.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

kannonfodder posted:

You work in food service too, huh?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Giving thought to picking up DDP Yoga and a mat.

On one hand, all the testimonials seem pretty good and the reviews are all solid.

On the other hand, I'm kinda scared I'm gonna look like Michael in GTAV trying to do the yoga missions.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Tim Whatley posted:

The comfiest beanbag chair/bed/couch and the accompanying ottoman. (Black bag, blue ottoman) Not the chick.

I sometimes get stuff from this thread and this is by far the best one. I got exactly what you did after looking around the options, in a different color combo.

This thing is the most comfortable object I've ever encountered.

I am going to replace the bed in my guestroom with the biggest one they sell. It took a few tries to figure out out, but holy poo poo.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Jan 24, 2015

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

SLOSifl posted:

I sometimes get stuff from this thread and this is by far the best one. I got exactly what you did after looking around the options, in a different color combo.

This thing is the most comfortable object I've ever encountered.

I am going to replace the bed in my guestroom with the biggest one they sell. It took a few tries to figure out out, but holy poo poo.

My gf and I were considering getting the double to serve as our couch because we live in a basement apartment and getting just about any kind of furniture that can't be completely taken apart is out of the question. Would that be viable? (we are both pretty short, fwiw).

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The one in the picture works as a love seat really well. I am guessing the big-rear end one would make a comfy couch. The long pillow from the video would probably be nice for extended use, but not necessary.

In a little concerned about my cats getting into it, but at least the covers are replaceable. Time will tell.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My dogs would have it in tatters within the hour, that's for sure.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

For whatever reason, my loving feral cats won't touch it. I think it's the sound. But yeah, that kneading poo poo would probably rip this thing open and I'm going with the "fear of hellfire" approach for now.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

johnnyratbastard posted:

Feral Boris
http://www.feralbrewing.com.au/feral-beer/

La Sirene Saison, wild saison, super saison
http://www.lasirene.com.au/

Nail oatmeal stout
http://www.nailbrewing.com.au/beers.html

La Sirene Farmhouse red

Amazing beers, La Sirene blew everyone away when they started producing a few years back. Love them all dearly.

Get hosed, I literally bought the exact same 6 beers on Wednesday, how good are they all??!

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

colas posted:

POST PURCHASES.

TETSUUUOOOOOOOO

:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:

kannonfodder posted:

Why do people buy liquid caffeine like this when you can simply take a caffeine pill? Serious question, not being a smartass. I drink coffee daily, because it's a ritual, and it's awesome. But beyond that, when I need more caffeine, I take a pill. I've been taking caffeine pills for nearly 20 years, in addition to my one mug of coffee. Because it's convenient. Look for Vivarin. It's 200 mg per pill. Actually, don't buy Vivarin. Buy the store brand of it. It's 200 mg of caffeine and nothing else. No added poo poo to worry about, no weird side effects, just pure caffeine. Isn't that the point?