Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Yeah I know they walled it at tier 5, and that the Japanese did not have a T5 cruiser for the beta. And only one carrier.

But enough being picky, its going to be good playing botes again. at the mercy of aircraft carriers this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalexZee
Sep 4, 2014

...because I make poo poo happen.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

KurdtLives posted:

So, that money I spent on the 1 WZ111 token expecting it to turn into 2500 gold... Am I out 10$?
wg has said it will be paid out but they have to do them all manually or something so it will take a while

Jack_tripper fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 23, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

warcrimes posted:

Hahahahahahahah.

Good timing on dickish announcements(put no more pref 8s in that category, also), not like there's not another tank game about to enter beta made by a studio with a pretty great pedigree.

Which also has a smarter skill/crew system that they seemingly stole for World of Warships.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Stevefin posted:

They maybe still trying to juggle these sub classes of ships around. It will be interesting to see what they do with Germany, Since after the early years of WWII, its navy just seemed to be swimming with U boats...which wont be in the game, and that they never had an aircraft carrier presence

They'll do the same thing they do in World of Tanks - half the poo poo will be somewhere between partially built (we made the turret for it!) and napkin design (von Braun sneezed into this napkin and I think it looks like a Rocket Cruiser!)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

:getin: I am going straight up the US DD line and torping the poo poo out of every CV I can find.

If we're lucky, we get to keep all the stuff we researched already.. You might already have your DD line started

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

They'll do the same thing they do in World of Tanks - half the poo poo will be somewhere between partially built (we made the turret for it!) and napkin design (von Braun sneezed into this napkin and I think it looks like a Rocket Cruiser!)

I would play the gently caress out of a Rocket Cruiser. Cruisers 2, 3, and 4 are all fantastic. Slam a rocket on any of those and I'd be a happy guy!

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I'm not really crazy about individual missions requiring a platoon. Especially the light tank one where you buddy up with spgs, what a good plan.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

When I referred to pref-MM premiums being 'removed,' I meant in the sense that I 'called' that they're probably done making premiums that will have it.

It's a pity - I might've bought an IS-5, but even with a buffed D-25T it still just isn't good enough. They should have made a Russian T34/Lowe out of it. No preferential, but enough of a big fuckoff gun to make it worth the price of admission.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

When I referred to pref-MM premiums being 'removed,' I meant in the sense that I 'called' that they're probably done making premiums that will have it.

It's a pity - I might've bought an IS-5, but even with a buffed D-25T it still just isn't good enough. They should have made a Russian T34/Lowe out of it. No preferential, but enough of a big fuckoff gun to make it worth the price of admission.

Hell, in that same vein, I'm still wondering how a slightly armor buffed is-6 couldn't have been a t9 using that is8/st-1/is4 122. That said, I don't see the issue of a 221pen d25t. Accuracy is poo poo, sure, but 122mm alpha is still going to deliver the same amount of gently caress you as any other t9 and most t10 heavy tanks. I think the e-100 is the only heavy that isn't a 120mm variant at t10. Is-7 is 130 I suppose.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm sure the reason is the same for why they removed battle tier 12, nobody plays 10s. So instead of addressing that, they just destroy their most balanced tier(8) to feed more low tier tanks to 10s.

Cover story was, of course, to reduce tier 10 queue times. lel.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hey, I got a quick and interesting question. How different would these missions be if the US server ran around like the RU server does? Do you think it would be easier or harder?

Also, for those looking at the heavy tank cap fast mission, it might be easier to turn on encounter and run it down that way.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Its great fun playing an e100 when there are alot of t8s on the teams, cheaper ammo and I get to bully pubs with my german 150mm superiority.

Storm said the s-tank might be in the game :getin:

I am pleased they are reducing the amount of pref mm tanks. Hopefully they remove the is6 from the store and replace it with the is5.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

warcrimes posted:

I'm sure the reason is the same for why they removed battle tier 12, nobody plays 10s. So instead of addressing that, they just destroy their most balanced tier(8) to feed more low tier tanks to 10s.

And yet every shitler on NA west, the most pointlessly low-populated server there is except maybe the Korean server, hits T10 and never plays another tier ever again.

Seriously wait times for T10s on NA west are as low as they get, but heaven forbid you want to play a T3-4 tank. You'll rarely see a 15v15 match outside primetime, and when you do, it'll be as bottom tier.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

warcrimes posted:

Gotta limpdick a pubbie endgame into WoT. All those terribads who fail their way to the E-100 up the ~MIGHTY AND INVINCIBLE GERMAN ARMOR LINE~ have to be deluded into thinking the single 500 damage HE shot they land per game was worth the time invested.

I do wonder if the AMX-13/57 is going to suffer from the same thing that plagued the T-44-85...even with a listed 143/195 pen on the 57mm, it's going to get overmatched to gently caress and gone at a natural T7, and what shells do get through will be mosquito bites, even to T6+ lights. Bringing it down to T6 would make it almost a must-have...but it'd also arguably make it better than the E-25 just because of the turret.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 23, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Get good with the 21. You'll be using that same gun at t10 anyway. Traverse is wider, but not a lot. If you really want to fail the pain of aim time + narrow traverse, try out a 212 when test comes up. Even narrower traverse and a higher bloom. The GW Tiger came out ahead a bit when the arty changes happened. It used to feel terrible with that limiting arc compared to the 212. However, they really took a hammer to the 212 and barely touched the gw tiger.

Edit: also, ap is of no concern for you in that tank. Don't even look at it. The accuracy isn't there for it. The bat 155 58 and 261 are the only artillery that can get away with it. However, setting up a single clip of ap on the bat is silly which leaves the 261. Although, I think the bat's is heat and not ap. Still not worth it. Just fire some gold shells and enjoy the splash radius on that 21cm gun.

Hah, Speaking of public test, tanks 9.6 test has arrived. I wonder what the turnout is going to be like this weekend for them though.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/96-public-test/

quote:

New HD quality vehicle models:
Löwe, Ferdinand, E100, Tiger (P), T95, Object 704, AMX 50 B
yay?

Hahahahaha, oh my god. The walker bulldog walks away pretty much unscathed. Just load up the autoloader and laugh. Inter drum was untouched. 4s more to reload the drum. Nothing concerning gun handling or view range was changed.

On the other hand, the t71 got buffed. improved aim time and reduced dispersion.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 23, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
AMX-13/57 looks like it will end up like the 59-16, a really good light tank destroyer and that's about it. Especially depends on how many shots it has per drum. But a 57mm gun seeing tier 9s and 10s? Thats just hilarious. Even if they give it Chi-Ri levels of intra-drum firing, it will still take a lot of shots just for the chance at doing 200-300 damage.

The Chi Ri can lay out some damage if it sees a lot of same/lower tier tanks, but anything heavy will simply laugh at it.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

JuffoWup posted:

The bat 155 58 and 261 are the only artillery that can get away with it. However, setting up a single clip of ap on the bat is silly which leaves the 261. Although, I think the bat's is heat and not ap. Still not worth it.

Not only does the bat get HEAT instead of AP, but it gets 185-pen HEAT. Yes, that is the correct number. I have no loving clue what they thought would be the point of those shells, especially when the average damage also goes from 1250 on the HE to 720 on the HEAT, nearly halved.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Also, I have a feeling the WTF replacement will be this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VT_tank

But that means they'd likely have to get twin guns working better first. And that means that you'll see the changeover sometime in 2025.

No way in hell would it be a 12-shot 120mm autoloader, though. They'd probably cap it at six.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
drat, I was hoping botes would start at midnight, but looks like it'll be at noon. I was so set and ready to go too.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

WayAbvPar posted:

This seems pretty decent. Wish they included premiums though.

What does "regular vehicles only" mean? Are premium vehicles excluded?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Illegal Carrot posted:

What does "regular vehicles only" mean? Are premium vehicles excluded?

Regular vehicles are all the tanks that aren't premium. So premium vehicles don't get the bonus, I guess even WGing learned that lesson. 150k profit Type 59 games were pretty amazing.

They could go with the VT-1-1, it still used a rifled gun, but only a 105mm. The guns being placed at the edges of the tank would be weird though, doesn't look like they have much horizontal traverse.

Also looks like a prototype for a Mammoth Tank.

If they felt the need for another tier 7 German TD, the Kanonenjagdpanzer would be fun. It looks like a super JdpzIV with a 90mm. Or it could be an alternate E-25.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanonenjagdpanzer

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 23, 2015

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, I have a feeling the WTF replacement will be this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VT_tank

But that means they'd likely have to get twin guns working better first. And that means that you'll see the changeover sometime in 2025.

No way in hell would it be a 12-shot 120mm autoloader, though. They'd probably cap it at six.

VTS-1 is probably a better replacement if Wargaming were to go for a post-war project. A modified Marder IFV chassis with a turreted L7 on top.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Valle posted:

I don't see how this is a problem.

I'm going to punch you in the face.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

CitizenKain posted:

Regular vehicles are all the tanks that aren't premium. So premium vehicles don't get the bonus, I guess even WGing learned that lesson. 150k profit Type 59 games were pretty amazing.

What are some profitable non-premium tanks, and could they ever hope to earn as much at something like the Jag8.8?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

The Southern Dandy posted:

I'm going to punch you in the face.

I'm not afraid! I mean, since you're in arty, you'll probably just miss :v:

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

To help everyone get hype for boats later today, here's a good history lesson

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Valle posted:

I dunno, I have made some very angry artillery players recently. Something about getting shotgunned by a full speed 155 58 does that..

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

FTR QA posted:

-S-Tank (Strv 103) will appear in the game
:sweden:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Valle posted:

Goddamit boy! :orks:

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 23, 2015

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

KurdtLives posted:

I take it you free xp'd past the stock gun.

Yeah, I had some free xp lying around and used the female crew for the STA-1, since I'm not really supposed to play without 6th sense!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Missing Name posted:

I want my battlecruisers, so that I can explode in glorious balls of flame when a battlebote looks in my general direction.

I forget, are they planning to have separate BB/BC lines? Or are they going to be "fast" and "slow" ships? I seem to see contradictory reports.

As far as I can see they are having separate lines planned for fast and slow botes. I'm really looking forward to having British cruisers (Dido class and Bellona Class hopefully) and Queen Elizabeth Class Battleships, I heard you'll be able to pick a name for your bote that other people can see as well so you can be HMS Warspite.

But I'll make do with US and Japanese cruisers this weekend.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

I heard you'll be able to pick a name for your bote that other people can see as well so you can be HMS Warspite.

I'm conflicted about not being able to name ships whatever you want. On one hand, I'll never drive USS Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall but on the other hand, there won't be a ton of WAFFENSSFLOTTEBISMARCK shitlords.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

JuffoWup posted:

Also, for those looking at the heavy tank cap fast mission, it might be easier to turn on encounter and run it down that way.

I actually turned Encounter off again due to that mission (Had it on for the 111 mission) - the base takes so much longer to cap in that mode, and while you do sometimes get retardedly early FASTCAPs it is not something you can count on. A fast heavy in normal mode can either cap after winning a flank, or relocate if another flank breaks through and starts capping.

So far capping and as a heavy and getting a ram kill as a heavy have been the most annoying for me to do. They're both things that happen fairly often, of course, but they were pretty hard to force out in a short time.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gervasius posted:

I'm conflicted about not being able to name ships whatever you want. On one hand, I'll never drive USS Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall but on the other hand, there won't be a ton of WAFFENSSFLOTTEBISMARCK shitlords.

I think KongoIsMyWaifu is more of a threat at this stage

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
obvious redball from last night. our conq gc is gone within a minute, probably cost us the game.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1553065

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Atal Vataman posted:

obvious redball from last night. our conq gc is gone within a minute, probably cost us the game.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1553065

Carry harder GNORMlord.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

PSA: For those of you having trouble doing the last heavy tank mission, the ST-I seems to be perfect for it. I managed to force the conditions for it twice last night in three matches, once unintentionally while doing the "block an amount with armour equalling your HP" mission. The first time, I actually managed to get up to around 13,000 points blocked/damaged/taken, which is I believe just shy of the final heavy mission for the 260. What with the further reduced pubbie IQ since the missions started, it seems that they are even less capable of dealing damage to tanks with well-rounded armour layouts. Make a few overtly aggressive moves towards them without actually committing and they will panic, cover their eyes with one hand and slam wildly on the mouse with the other as they choke on the devastating reality that their tank might take damage. You, in the meantime, rake in damage and bounces! Just pray for an arty-free match or a good map where you can go somewhere with good shelter.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Gervasius posted:

We'll have to put up with WAFFENSSFLOTTEBISMARCK anyway since he'll have that as his username as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I'm guessing it's just because of lovely testserver connection or something, or did WG seriously make it so that normal battles like CW ones hide the opposing teams tanks in the player panel until spotted.

:wtc: