Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Xander77 posted:

IT'S poo poo!

Blues tracks from Silent Hill sooth the afflicted, bless you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Definitely Not Disneyland

Just needs a wee edit to make him smiling instead.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:qq: Why did the guy that was being intentionally offensive get fired???

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 23, 2015

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"2016" sound like "bmmb" if your foot is in your mouth.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"2016" sound like "bmmb" if your foot is in your mouth.

I kind of already know the answer, but was this something Biden actually said? And also, how is this statement in any way a gaffe worthy of a foot in the mouth.

For all the folksy love he gets, I really don't like JRRose.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Israel's Future

Mr. Shuldig consults his crystal ball.
Labels: Asia, China, Eurasia, Europe, India, Israel, Japan, Shuldig, South Korea

Hahaha loving "Eurabia" in two thousand and fifteen, now I've seen everything.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Plague of Hats posted:

They are the exact same, except the willful blindness regarding the Good One makes it look like his liar's nose is a giant dick.

And you can't see the strings on the good one, either.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

vyelkin posted:

Hahaha loving "Eurabia" in two thousand and fifteen, now I've seen everything.
We'll see who's laughing when this inevitably happens:

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Ah Gates of Vienna. Hello old friend.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Laughing right now at Al-Bion, that rules

E: and Al-Lemania

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
It would be even more hilarious if a ton of dipshit european right-wing politicians didn't believe in that crap seriously.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Definitely Not Disneyland

The folks on our border were bad enough. Now they've got visitors!
Labels: Europe, Hezbollah, Iran, IS, isis, Islamism, Islamists, Israel, Shuldig, Syria

Hezbollah to the left of me
Islamic State to the right
Here I am
Stuck in the middle with Jews.

The state of political cartoons: I've seen more cartoons about the ball deflation scandal than the State of the Union.

Oh no.

Gorrell? Is that you?

Hey, Chaos! Get offa my globe!

Obama's big balls.

Yeah, why can't Obama just purge the republicans from DC?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

"Al-Italia" already exists (it's an airline (that's 49% owned by the UAE flag carrier Etihad Airways)).

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Internet Webguy posted:

Gorrell? Is that you?
While it is lazy, I kinda like the visual gag. A mediocre cartoon.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Internet Webguy posted:

Gorrell? Is that you?

Insert Billy Fiveaces joke here

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's Johnny Five Aces, you loving heathen.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

It's a reference to the Patriots' coach Bill Belichick you un-American swine :colbert:

(now I'm imagining Belichick with a giant moose knuckle)

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

I like the demon, at least. It has that turn of the century etchings vibe to it. Otherwise, poor execution on the illustration. Dumb opinion, obviously, but not odious. 3/10.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Footballs, edge of cliff, etc.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Somfin posted:

Are you kidding? Lamp-Biden is one of the most surreal things this thread has seen in a long while.

But yeah, holy hell this is a boring comic. "Here is my position on the issue. Thank you for reading." Not even an attempt at a punchline.

Whoops! I forgot to cross-hatch a joke.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Suitaru posted:

It's a reference to the Patriots' coach Bill Belichick you un-American swine :colbert:

(now I'm imagining Belichick with a giant moose knuckle)

I am dumb.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Every time Belichick pulls some last-minute trick-play genius bullshit to win a game at the last minute the associated TFF GDT fills at least half a page with Billy Fiveaces jokes

Also loving around with the amount of air in footballs is p standard and people are just rushing to tear down the Pats because they've been waiting for a chance to do that since 2007; also also Brady played better in the second half with regulation balls anyway which shows what an "advantage" it really was
:patssay:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

loquacius posted:

Every time Belichick pulls some last-minute trick-play genius bullshit to win a game at the last minute the associated TFF GDT fills at least half a page with Billy Fiveaces jokes

Also loving around with the amount of air in footballs is p standard and people are just rushing to tear down the Pats because they've been waiting for a chance to do that since 2007; also also Brady played better in the second half with regulation balls anyway which shows what an "advantage" it really was
:patssay:

Uh huh. Keep going...

:)

(I know :thejoke: I just love that article)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Garland :argh:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I like the demon, at least. It has that turn of the century etchings vibe to it. Otherwise, poor execution on the illustration. Dumb opinion, obviously, but not odious. 3/10.

^^ Godamnit.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Wow. Just... wow. I used to love Kevin and Kell, unironically, thought the gags were kind of silly and clever and the characters used to be pretty fleshed out. Not sure at what point I soured on the experience, but that pretty much killed the last shreds of respect I had for Holbrook :smith: Like, I really don't even know why I ever liked it anymore because that comic just kind of sums up the entire problem with the premise (and Holbrook's terrible sense of humor.)

So, we're not going to forgot "Worst CH Tribute" in the Gay Abortions, right? Because THAT ONE! THAT ONE RIGHT THERE!

... I used to read his other comics too actually, though they were just as detached from reality as K&K. Did he slip in any crappy tributes there too?

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Tell that to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. :unsmigghh:

I've picked up a few Atlanta Journal-Constitutions in the past when I was still a fan and flew through Atlanta. Let's just say it's not exactly the highest quality newsrag out there and I can absolutely believe they'd run K&K (though I believe they finally dropped it for good?)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Asay, Asay lama sabachthani? :smith:

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014
I would pay good Kickstarter dollars ($10-$20) to have an Obama JRPG

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Count Canuckula posted:

I would pay good Kickstarter dollars ($10-$20) to have an Obama JRPG

People will just run away from all the republican enemies since they just spam stop spells.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

e: Had no idea what this one was actually about, apparently it's this.

NoEyedSquareGuy fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 23, 2015

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Rebochan posted:

Wow. Just... wow. I used to love Kevin and Kell, unironically, thought the gags were kind of silly and clever and the characters used to be pretty fleshed out. Not sure at what point I soured on the experience, but that pretty much killed the last shreds of respect I had for Holbrook :smith: Like, I really don't even know why I ever liked it anymore because that comic just kind of sums up the entire problem with the premise (and Holbrook's terrible sense of humor.)

So, we're not going to forgot "Worst CH Tribute" in the Gay Abortions, right? Because THAT ONE! THAT ONE RIGHT THERE!

... I used to read his other comics too actually, though they were just as detached from reality as K&K. Did he slip in any crappy tributes there too?

Can somebody explain to me what the problem with this cartoon is? It looks to me like yet another variation on that cover, but with a reference to a furry webcomic. Is there anything particularly egregious in the context of the comic, or is it just because it's furries?

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Internet Webguy posted:

Hezbollah to the left of me
Islamic State to the right
Here I am
Stuck in the middle with Jews.

:golfclap: Couldn't let this slip under the radar.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Can somebody explain to me what the problem with this cartoon is? It looks to me like yet another variation on that cover, but with a reference to a furry webcomic. Is there anything particularly egregious in the context of the comic, or is it just because it's furries?

It's because it's furries.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Internet Webguy posted:

The state of political cartoons: I've seen more cartoons about the ball deflation scandal than the State of the Union.

I hope we get a Kelly. Either fanged Belichick deflating balls and going "heh heh heh" while Innocent Colts Fans look on in shock, or saintly Bill going "b-but!" as Biased Sports Hacks hound him and Lady Liberty sheds a single tear.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

What the hell does this even mean? I know Asay cartoons are notorious for being very easy to AGC but you think someone with this many years of cartoon experience would realize how poorly done this is.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Flip Yr Wig posted:

The setting is basically an attempt to make that old Sam and Ralph Looney Tunes skit into a coherent universe. It's not a furry strip where people happen to look like animals, the predator species actually kill and eat prey species for a day job. The reason the two can get along is that a conceit of the setting is that murder's no big deal. (And that the rabbit is good in bed.) That's what makes it a hosed up tribute.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Ramirez, you do realize that if he resigns, Biden becomes president, not Mitt Romney?

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Flip Yr Wig posted:

A typical Kevin and Kell strip:

It's funny because they're dead! Because of his wife! Oh, that rascal!

And now he's literally depicting her as MOHAMMED.

Actually, when I was still a fan and the original Jyllands-Posten issue came up on the mailing list, Holbrook said he didn't want to draw comics on the subject because he didn't want to associate Muslims with a specific species or character.

I guess he changed his mind in the intervening ten years...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Ramirez, you do realize that if he resigns, Biden becomes president, not Mitt Romney?

Which is why I hope Obama does it, if Ramirez thing Obama is bad wait till he sees Diamond Joe :getin:

• Locked thread