Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Close, Silver 1. I guess it's not that bad, I can get back to gold in a few games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Fellow Aspergers survivors: I need some help not sucking at Teemo. Most of the builds/guides I've read are completely different and it seems like there isn't a generally accepted "use this and you should be ok" guide. I just want to live up to the Teemo role of being the bane of the enemy team's existence. Some build/rune information and play style tips would be greatly appreciated.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Bholder posted:

Or just admit the truth:

Gold players are just Bronze players with more time on their hands.

the difference between a lot of skill divisions in the game is really just how much time youre willing to invest in it. when i was actively trying to get good at the game -- unsurprisingly, it worked. with that said though you could probably take any bronze player, teach them how to cs and not die randomly to stupid poo poo and at the very least get them to high silver. there are legit differences between gold/silver/bronze but they are pretty subtle

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

morning wood posted:

Fellow Aspergers survivors: I need some help not sucking at Teemo. Most of the builds/guides I've read are completely different and it seems like there isn't a generally accepted "use this and you should be ok" guide. I just want to live up to the Teemo role of being the bane of the enemy team's existence. Some build/rune information and play style tips would be greatly appreciated.

There aren't that many good teemo players out there, unfortunately, but I think this is a pretty good basic build that I stole from Overpow, who I think is the best player who picks teemo at a high level (only in solo q, but still):

Flash/TP

Zhonyas/Rabadons/Morellonomicon/Sorc Shoes/Void Staff/Lichbane, not in that order.

Skill q,e,w max in the same order.

Magic Pen Reds, Ability Power quints and Ability Power at 18 blues, and Armor yellows.

21/0/9 masteries.

You can also build bruiser teemo and attack speed teemo, but I think the above is probably the strongest. If you do play it, remember that your shrooms are great waveclear for splitpushing, and go burst burst burst.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

morning wood posted:

Build Liandries, put mushrooms everywhere. Your goal is to have mushrooms such that 1) if someone trips one who isn't the tank, they have to B, making it a 4v5 and 2) if they win a teamfight, you wipe one or two waves when they try to push so they don't get an objective.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
My friend was a Silver 3 support main, and she was legitimately a mid Silver player. Somehow she went 10-0 in placements and she's Plat IV. :psyduck:

Most people say unless you have Platinum mechanics and you're only marginally better than players in Silver/Gold, it's hard as poo poo to carry yourself out of Silver/Gold reliably. But once you get to Gold III, you can probably get to high Platinum.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

morning wood posted:

Get a morellonomicon early and put down a lot of mushrooms. Run around being useless and dying a lot as your shrooms do massive damage and make the enemy team angry. That's basically it.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I played with a Teemo support yesterday and while our in-lane kill potential was pretty poo poo our lane was basically gank-proof thanks to the forest of stupid mushrooms he dropped in the standard entrances to bot. One of the funnier things I've seen in this game so far.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I learned my lesson from last season, where I played my placement matches as soon as I could and ended up getting put in bronze IV due to a horrible succession of games. I'm going to get better in normals this year until I feel confident enough to do placements.

Edit: Although to be fair it was fun to get out of low bronze where the level of play is legitimately horrible.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

morning wood posted:

My Teemo build is ridiculously unorthodox, but I manage to piss off most people I pull it out against including other goons. You MUST counterpick it into something that he counters reasonably well though, or it's kind of bad.

MPen/Armor/MR/AP runes, 27/0/3 masteries with all of the AD and AP you can take. Teleport and Flash. Start Doran's Blade and E-Q-E-W-E-R. Your job is to be a complete poo poo in lane and stop your opponent from farming or getting exp or having fun or playing the game at all. Your E plus decent starting AD and AP makes your autos hit really hard, which should make trading incredibly painful for your opponent.

With your first back you immediately want to start loading up on AP. Max your CDR fast, I prefer hitting Nashor's Tooth and Morello as my first two non-boot purchases because you need to be filling the area around toplane with mushrooms as much as you can. Cap, Void Staff, and Liandry's in no particular order after that, sometimes a defensive item depending on how they're responding to you.

The general playstyle is to keep your opponent out of lane as much as you can, don't go overboard trying to get a kill because if you gently caress up and die you essentially countered yourself. As soon as you hit 6 you want to start shrooming on cooldown, in every single entrance to your lane and jungle that you can get one in. Back whenever teleport is up and you need to fill your mana. Whenever you aren't placing a mushroom you should be pushing your lane hard. If you see a gank coming (which you always should because mushrooms), ping it, tell your team to do something that matters, etc. You always want to force their team to try 2v1ing you so the rest of your team can punish them for it by taking dragon or a tower, or even just forcing a 4v3 fight and getting gold out of it. By 20-25 minutes you should have both top towers down and have the most CS in the game if you're doing it right, and then you keep going to piss them off.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

morning wood posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/so_sleepyy

He's a monster on Teemo and generally explains the hell out of the decisions he makes. Also has great game sense, you could probably learn quite a bit about general non-teemo-specific strategy by watching him.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

My friend was a Silver 3 support main, and she was legitimately a mid Silver player. Somehow she went 10-0 in placements and she's Plat IV. :psyduck:

Most people say unless you have Platinum mechanics and you're only marginally better than players in Silver/Gold, it's hard as poo poo to carry yourself out of Silver/Gold reliably. But once you get to Gold III, you can probably get to high Platinum.

What. I'm currently 7-2, starting at Gold 4 0 LP. I imagine 8-2 won't be enough for anything above gold 4 again, but I can dream, right?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

foutre posted:

What. I'm currently 7-2, starting at Gold 4 0 LP. I imagine 8-2 won't be enough for anything above gold 4 again, but I can dream, right?

I think it could be, depending on what order the games were won.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

morning wood posted:

Build DFG, stand next to mushrooms in the enemy jungle.

(rip DFG)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

Speaking from experience, there is literally no difference between people in Gold 1 and Plat 5

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Somewhere amongst the smog and raw depression in Michigan, Yashichi lets out a wail of agony

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

I think it could be, depending on what order the games were won.

7-3 at gold 4 was enough to place Gold 2 -- probably 8-2 would have been Gold 1. Looks like I would have had to 10-0 to jump to Plat. Oh well, I think my mmr is already mid-low plat so I should gain hella lp.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Thanks for all the Teemo feedback. Trip report from lunch break game: angry enemy team, working as prescribed. :getin:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Play against Teemos. Observe all the things those Teemos do that infuriate you.

When you play Teemo do exactly those things. Congratulations, you are now Satan.

Actually the main thing I noticed that good Teemos do is place shrooms well. Don't waste shrooms. Put them in places where they will get stepped on at very bad times for the other team. Bait people into chasing you into shrooms. Poop out shrooms when the other team is engaging a team fight. Poop out shrooms in the entrances to places like the baron pit or dragon pit. Watch carefully what routes people take, especially when they're ganking you, and shroom them. Your primary job as Teemo is to make the other team hate existing.

Bad Teemos don't set up minefields and mostly use them to clear waves. Clearing a huge wave with a shroom isn't a bad idea in and of itself but absolutely don't overdo it. Also, despite what people tell you, Teemo doesn't actually counter Nasus. A competent Nasus is going to farm up anyway and then annihilate you.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I will be placed in some silver area but its ok ill just queue in a 5 stack with some diamond players and get some real good games.

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010

Super Librarian posted:

Build DFG, stand next to mushrooms in the enemy jungle.

(rip DFG)

Do this while you still can

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010

BaronVanAwesome posted:

What kinda order do you build this stuff in?!

Bit late to answer this, but

-Start Doran's Blade unless they'll really beat the crap out of early
-Rush Nashor's Tooth in lane
-Look at who's fed on the enemy team, if it's AP, get Spirit Visage, if it's AD, get a Kindlegem to complete 40% CDR then get Thornmail
-Finish the other item afterwards, they're both essential no matter who's on the enemy team
-Rabadon's
-6th item is whatever. I like Guinsoo's Rageblade or Zhonyas.

Laning is really similar to AD Tryndamere, but with less risk. Early game you force and win trades via spin->one or two autos->go back and heal. If you do it correctly there's not many people in the game that can actually threaten you early on. Make sure you have some damage on your team, while you still do a lot of damage but you're not the carry, you're more of an annoying tank that forces everyone to focus him for a long time.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Support Blitz is powerful and sexy. AD marks / health seals / MR glyphs / armor quints. Get 24 in defense, 6 in utility (mana regen, movespeed). Face of the Mountain -> Frozen Heart.

You'll need good aim and a fearless heart... which counts out our Australian and Eastern European goons :cawg:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
My friends and I are looking for a jungler to fill our ranked 5s team. If anyone is interested, we would prefer anyone who ranked silver three or higher last season and has a decent champion pool. We normally play between 7pm - 12am EST during the week and anytime people are free on the weekend. Lastly, we play on NA servers. Add me as a friend (Kreczor) if you're interested, we only have 4 people confirmed for the team so far so even if you're not a jungler, you're free to join as a sub.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I'm back in Bronze after 0-10 placements and the loving poo poo I have to go through: multiple afks for both teams, team comps around taking dragon/baron but zero actual teamfight, and a Garen that rushes LW against top Lulu.

Please I want out.

Same thing happened last season, and I got out of Bronze in 3 days. Silver took me 2 months. If I can just get a string of 4 games with no people straight up leave after champion selection I can do it again.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 23, 2015

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Lord Ephraim posted:

I'm back in Bronze after 0-10 placements and the loving poo poo I have to go through: multiple afks for both teams, team comps around taking dragon/baron but zero actual teamfight, and a Garen that rushes LW against top Lulu.

Please I want out.

Uhh look inwards my friend

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Lord Ephraim posted:

Please I want out.

Okay, so what did YOU do?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kreczor posted:

My friends and I are looking for a jungler to fill our ranked 5s team. If anyone is interested, we would prefer anyone who ranked silver three or higher last season and has a decent champion pool. We normally play between 7pm - 12am EST during the week and anytime people are free on the weekend. Lastly, we play on NA servers. Add me as a friend (Kreczor) if you're interested, we only have 4 people confirmed for the team so far so even if you're not a jungler, you're free to join as a sub.

I'm down. My normal schedule has me available for games 10pm EST every night.

Add KillGoldfish

edit: I was gold 3 last season

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 23, 2015

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
I'm currently 5-1 in my promotion series. Does anyone know if they made it count more or less for where you're placed? I really don't want to have to do the climb to Plat again.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

KamikazePotato posted:

I'm currently 5-1 in my promotion series. Does anyone know if they made it count more or less for where you're placed? I really don't want to have to do the climb to Plat again.

They count for quite a lot, and I've heard that #1, 2, 3 count more than #8, 9, 10 but I'm not sure what the actual metric is.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Well poo poo. Guess I shouldn't have lost my very first game then.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Kreczor posted:

Gold 3 jungle main if you're still looking. RC Cola ign

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

They count for quite a lot, and I've heard that #1, 2, 3 count more than #8, 9, 10 but I'm not sure what the actual metric is.

Oh cool that makes me feel much better about supporting a Vayne who insisted on facechecking every bush in my second game (we lost) and getting a troll support in my third game who kept on talking about how he hadn't played in years and specifically went out of his way to be as ineffectual as possible (we lost).

At least I've been winning all the other matches.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Each placement game is worth less than the previous. When you play 10 your games go down to a consistent amount of mmr loss/gain, before average team mmr factors in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The problem with Teemo is that just about every item in the game gives him *something*. Even if it isn't optimal, there's situations where you might want to build a certain way. So there's no real 'build order' you can follow 100% of the time, like there is for a lot of other champs.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Libertine posted:

An increasingly smaller K variable, in two words. Make sure to bring out your A game for your earliest games!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Here's my 5.1 champion ratings for the new season, enjoy:
http://pryorability.blogspot.com/2015/01/league-of-legends-tier-list-patch-51.html

Rahtas
Oct 22, 2010

RABBIT TROOP FOREVER!
Steaming a goonmans currently. Score is 43-19 featuring a wit's end thresh!

Also, my stream may suck, so tell me why it does so I can fix it.

twitch.tv/rahtas

Stream over! Twitch jungle vs gangplank jungle was over before it began at lobby. A pirate can't stop an invisible rat. Think about it, rats are on pirate ships all the time! Checkmate.

Rahtas fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 24, 2015

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Rahtas posted:

Steaming a goonmans currently. Score is 43-19 featuring a wit's end thresh!

Also, my stream may suck, so tell me why it does so I can fix it.

twitch.tv/rahtas

why do you keep sniffing your hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

How does every support except for 3-4 keep getting above a 50% win rate? Does the prevalence of troll supporting (I only pick riven so riven support time) really occur that much or is there some other reason I'm overlooking since I really can't fathom it? Like, for example, the adc values seem balanced with regards to having sub optimal adcs.

• Locked thread