Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Mac's hand gestures when he was insisting on talking about Jews absolutely slayed me. This season is amazing so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Season 9 is very good, watch it. Season 7 or 8 or whichever had the Dennis gets married episode and Frank's brother, that was kind of a low point. Since then however things have been up!

I hated Frank's brother when I first saw it. I just rewatched it and it wasn't as bad as I remember. Definitely not anywhere near the stronger episodes, but it's okay.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Zotix posted:

My favorite episode was the Gang hits the road. That episode had me in stitches the first time. From dennis knocking the biker over, to dee pissing in the jar and throwing it on mac, to the guys in the back passing out when the wicker furniture burns up. I also liked when the gang went to the jersey shore, because hey, everyone loves getting ripshit on ham.

That seasons was loving hysterical to be honest. The last 2 episodes weren't great but there's not a bad one among the others. Personally, I'd put the World Series Defense as slightly ahead of the Gang Hits the Road.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Bird lady, troll man and toad people, pretty nice menagerie of animal-folk

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Baron von Eevl posted:

Season 9 is very good, watch it. Season 7 or 8 or whichever had the Dennis gets married episode and Frank's brother, that was kind of a low point. Since then however things have been up!

Franks Brother is in the Fat Mac season and Fat Mac is best Mac so there's no way that season can be called a low point.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I absolutely lost my poo poo at "Hi, I'm Frack." and the bell.

Episodes in which Dennis loses his poo poo are the best.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
Worst Episode Ever:

The Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre.

Discuss....

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

SrgMagnum posted:

Worst Episode Ever:

Discuss....

No way, it has the McPoyles AND Charlie doing the Indianapolis speech from Jaws.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

SrgMagnum posted:

Worst Episode Ever:

Discuss....

It's actually really good and has one of the more clever title card reveals of the past several seasons.

I mean it has the loving McPoyles, that's going to elevate any episode:

*dramatic music*

Liam: Who's this dude?

*Ryan tears off really flimsy moustache*

Liam: RYANNNNNN!!!!!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

SrgMagnum posted:

Worst Episode Ever:

Discuss....

Long answer: You're wrong.

Short answer: Wrong

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

SrgMagnum posted:

Worst Episode Ever:

Discuss....

NO.

There is this weird little moment that makes me laugh every time in that episode. Dennis is trying to make sure the wedding goes forward and he rounds a corner before me walks in on Ryan and Liam and Frank is just dancing and goes, " oh hi Dennis!" It is such a small thing, but his face and the dance get me every time.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

SrgMagnum posted:

Worst Episode Ever:

Discuss....

Poppa McPoyle is there, what is wrong with you?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
No episode with Bill Ponderosa can be bad.

Since this thread is really intent on finding the worst episode of Sunny, which is kinda odd given how great this show is and how so few episodes are not hilarious, I gotta nominate 'Gun Fever'. In general the first season is not quite as great as the rest and 'Gun Fever' is really the worst of the bunch.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

LobsterMobster posted:

Poppa McPoyle is there, what is wrong with you?

Seriously, I mean the mcpoyles sprang fully formed from his loins

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Brawnfire posted:

Seriously, I mean the mcpoyles sprang fully formed from his loins

one of those babies tried to eat him, but he ate him first... he ate him first....

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

emanresu tnuocca posted:

No episode with Bill Ponderosa can be bad.

Since this thread is really intent on finding the worst episode of Sunny, which is kinda odd given how great this show is and how so few episodes are not hilarious, I gotta nominate 'Gun Fever'. In general the first season is not quite as great as the rest and 'Gun Fever' is really the worst of the bunch.

I haven't rewatched the first season ever, cause I can't remember what the show was like without Frank and I don't care to find out. Gun Fever 2: Still Hot is great though.

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 23, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
My fav little joke in sunny is that frank can never high five or fist bump properly and sometimes ends up grabbing a fist or trying to hit a hand with his elbow well bye

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SrgMagnum posted:

Worst Episode Ever:

Discuss....

Really curious about why you disliked this one, it's actually one of my favorites. It was funny yet genuinely creepy and disturbing at the same time, but then so is everything that involves the McPoyles.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I've always wondered what it's like for someone who is consistently cast as a gross person

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I've always wondered what it's like for someone who is consistently cast as a gross person

They marry a fellow troll and are in a bunch of tv shows and movies. They direct a few hits and a few bombs, and then they join a show on FX.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Better as a McPoyle

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis

bobkatt013 posted:

They marry a fellow troll and are in a bunch of tv shows and movies. They direct a few hits and a few bombs, and then they join a show on FX.

you talkin poo poo bout rhea perlman

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

tin can made man posted:

you talkin poo poo bout rhea perlman

She is awesome, but lets be honest she is short, mean spirited, and hates blonde waitresses/intellectuals

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Last episode of always sunny had me laughing so many times. The cock ring falling, both times, was hilarious. Frack was seriously a god damned classic line. I think I laughed harder at that than anything in the whole episode.

Seriously.

I was reading you guys chat about it earlier here and I laughed just as hard.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The first time the cockring dropped I thought, that's too much. Not funny. But then it dropped a second time later on and I was on board.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Eyes are too small for her head.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

She is awesome, but lets be honest she is short, mean spirited, and hates blonde waitresses/intellectuals

everyone in the world should hate Diane Chambers

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Aye Doc posted:

everyone in the world should hate Diane Chambers

"The intro to the series Cheers. ... The intro is very deceiving, none of these people are in the show. . Read ..."

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Really curious about why you disliked this one, it's actually one of my favorites. It was funny yet genuinely creepy and disturbing at the same time, but then so is everything that involves the McPoyles.

drat, after reading all of your responses I find myself loving the episode instead of not really being into it. I guess I was just never really into the creepy vibe but with the proper reality check I don't think I'll be such a bozo from now on. Thanks guys. You can be in my gang anytime.

It's one of the few episodes that I routinely skip when I watch but the Jaws speech alone absolutely proves me wrong.

poo poo. This show is incredible.

Edit: Just finished watching the episode again. I was so so wrong.

SrgMagnum fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 24, 2015

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

SrgMagnum posted:

Worst Episode Ever:

Discuss....

The first time I saw it it was my favorite episode of that season so far, and I didn't think anything else that season would top it.

However, it's not nearly as rewatchable as other episodes of Sunny. But for a first-watch I thought it was one of the strongest episodes that season.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I haven't rewatched the first season ever, cause I can't remember what the show was like without Frank and I don't care to find out. Gun Fever 2: Still Hot is great though.

The first season was all about niggers hanging from rafters.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

It is really good even without frank though.

[At free clinic to get a paternity test for charlie/his maybe son]
Crackhead lady: "he got aids?"
Dennis: "no"
"Do you?"
"No"
"I'll suck your cock for five dollars"

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
On a related note, I want to see the deleted segment from this episode that resulted in "AIDS" appearing at the bottom of the "No" list during the back room scene.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Mercaptopropyl posted:

The first season was all about niggers hanging from rafters.

Coffee, Hitler?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

SrgMagnum posted:

Worst Episode Ever:

Discuss....

I think the worst episode ever was Who Pooped the Bed, but TMPWM is right up there.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Whatever you thought of Who Pooped the Bed's A-plot, the B-plot was hilarious.

My choice for least funny episode is the very conventional choice of Frank's Brother.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Dee crashing head first into the parked car and going "Did it not go through?" is brilliant.

The episode has many pretty awesome lines "Wolf hair -Inconclusive!"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Dee running into the car was one of the best bits of physical comedy in the entire series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Dee crashing head first into the parked car and going "Did it not go through?" is brilliant.

The episode has many pretty awesome lines "Wolf hair -Inconclusive!"

From what I've seen, that dent in the car was legit the actress smashing into it with no stunt double or weakened props. She just rocked right into that.