Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?

RockNRoll Jesus posted:

Good so it's not just me. That actually makes me feel better for some reason.

I know what you mean - I think it's because the error message whenever their servers are down is something like "Your internet connection has been lost. Please check your connection and cables, blah blah blah" which is a loving lie. Don't try to blame me for your server issues, 2K :mad:

Really though, from what I've seen any downtimes they have are usually pretty quick so I have no actual complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I got this game just a month or so ago in the Steam sale so my guy is my career guy is still pretty lower leveled (71 Ovr). Should I not bother with the park until he is more inline with everyone else or are there other people using lovely guys there as well?

I haven't played the series for like 5+ years so I imagine a lot of this has been around forever, but I think it is hilarious how the game has a team call a timeout with 0.2 seconds before the end of the quarter just to sub me in. Or how my team goes apeshit celebrating during a timeout after a run when our lead gets cut from double digits to two. We are still in the lead guys wooo!!

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Goetta posted:

I got this game just a month or so ago in the Steam sale so my guy is my career guy is still pretty lower leveled (71 Ovr). Should I not bother with the park until he is more inline with everyone else or are there other people using lovely guys there as well?

I haven't played the series for like 5+ years so I imagine a lot of this has been around forever, but I think it is hilarious how the game has a team call a timeout with 0.2 seconds before the end of the quarter just to sub me in. Or how my team goes apeshit celebrating during a timeout after a run when our lead gets cut from double digits to two. We are still in the lead guys wooo!!

Hold off on the Park. At least on PS4 most people are 85/86+

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

FIND YOUR GOD FUCKING FLASH DRIVE
I played some mypark games, and the lag was still kinda lovely.

Also I'm a 74, just started playing on mypark and in the 3-on-3, I've found ways to help my team. I get burned a lot and I gently caress up a lot, but I've made friends/squadmates by just trying hard. My record is like 5-31 and I'm a rookie three but I still have a good time. I'll get there. It's weird being such a star in the NBA and then going online and getting owned.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Get the 2k15 app for your phone, its a free 1000-2000 VC or whatever per day between the free giveaway and the pick'em games. You can get your guy into the 80s pretty quickly.

Stigmata
Jul 5, 2004

Oh Trey!

Lockback posted:

Get the 2k15 app for your phone, its a free 1000-2000 VC or whatever per day between the free giveaway and the pick'em games. You can get your guy into the 80s pretty quickly.

This. Absolutely this. I make it a point to check the NBA betting lines daily and use them to pick winners. It's an easy way to get points.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Knicks vs 76ers? Which garbage do I choose???

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Knicks vs 76ers? Which garbage do I choose???

Look to your heart, the answer is within.

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

FIND YOUR GOD FUCKING FLASH DRIVE
Been to the park twice today, totally lag-free. It's amazing how much better I play when I'm not teleporting around the court.

Thanks for recommending the app, it's a good way to rake in the VC and also keep tabs on the real games.

Edit: Anyone know a good source to monitor for locker codes?

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

I just got this for PS4 and it is slowly downloading. I understand how myplayer works, but is there a game mode where I can pick the Pistons, and play as that team for the regular season with updated rosters and everything? I see the modes for managing teams but I don't know if that lets you actually play out the games or if they are just simulated.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Prickly Pete posted:

I just got this for PS4 and it is slowly downloading. I understand how myplayer works, but is there a game mode where I can pick the Pistons, and play as that team for the regular season with updated rosters and everything? I see the modes for managing teams but I don't know if that lets you actually play out the games or if they are just simulated.

Yep, it's called myLeague and you can use any roster you want.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Uh, is Dante Exum always the rival PG or something?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Prickly Pete posted:

myLeague or myGM let's you do exactly that, I think there is a season mode. myGM let's you go through little GM/Owner interactions and the like, or even spend VC to push trade values. Take that for what you will.

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

Lockback posted:

myLeague or myGM let's you do exactly that, I think there is a season mode. myGM let's you go through little GM/Owner interactions and the like, or even spend VC to push trade values. Take that for what you will.

That sounds good. I'm more interested in just playing the team through a normal season, not so much the micromanaging of the actual franchise or whatever. But I might end up enjoying that also so we'll see.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

Uh, is Dante Exum always the rival PG or something?

The rival for every position I think.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

KDdidit posted:

Yeah, he was the rival for my 6'8 SF

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
He's the rookie rival but you also get another 'superstar' rival like KD or Harden or someone.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Can you make a rival on your own because I keep telling OJ Mayo he loving sucks on Twitter

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What are the real differences between the league and gm modes?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

What are the real differences between the league and gm modes?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2226305-nba-2k15-analysis-review-and-tips-for-myleague-and-mygm-experience

Basically, myLeague has a lot more customizationand config options, myGM includes a interaction between you and your owner that needs to be managed, as well as player personality stuff.

myGM mode gets kinda annoying because after a while because its mostly players complaining about too much and too little training at the same time, but its cool that you have goals from the owner for stuff like "make me xx profit and still get to the eastern semi-finals".

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

Has anyone had an issue where assists aren't credited? I'm playing Myplayer as a point guard, and it seems like when I run a play and pass to someone who scores, no assist is logged. Is there a time limit for the person to shoot?
I'm feeding the ball to someone in the post who takes a moment to finally put the shot up, it goes in, and no assist. It happened twice in my last game.

Also this game is hard and I am terrible at it. Maybe starting as PG isn't the best way to approach things.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Prickly Pete posted:

Has anyone had an issue where assists aren't credited? I'm playing Myplayer as a point guard, and it seems like when I run a play and pass to someone who scores, no assist is logged. Is there a time limit for the person to shoot?
I'm feeding the ball to someone in the post who takes a moment to finally put the shot up, it goes in, and no assist. It happened twice in my last game.

That's not an issue with assists, it's the nature of how they're coded. Basically you get an assist when your pass directly leads into the score within the flow of movement. If for some reason the person stops driving or shooting, the chance for that assist goes with it. Feeding the post means that if they don't go up immediately for the shot, the game considers them to have done the work to get that basket on their own. So, if you're going for assists, most times you don't want to feed the post if he's backing someone down.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

If the roller bumbles the pass or it's tipped at all (even if it goes to the roll-man correctly) you don't get an assist.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

KDdidit posted:

So does everyone get dropped by their first team and get sent to the Jazz (again :suicide:)as a scripted event, or am I just playing like poo poo?

I tried to make a stretch 4 and even used 20,000 VC from the mobile app to try and start with a non-poo poo character, but I keep on getting assigned to superstars (who are playing in garbage time for some reason) that just blow right by me, and I keep on losing whole letter grades when my man changes at the last second of the clock and I get hit with the "Leave Assignment - Allow Inside Pass - Allow Man to Score" combo. Also, I got 0 VC for my performance in one of the practice minigames.

I don't want to drop the game to easy like I did with 14, but I guess something's not clicking for me

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What do you mean dropped, like you didn't get your 10 day contract renewed?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tae posted:

What do you mean dropped, like you didn't get your 10 day contract renewed?

Yes. I got an achievement for it

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have 4 myplayers in the 80s and stretch 4 was the slowest at times. It takes a lot of VC to raise your outside shot and you hardly get any open looks away from the basket anyway. I just got as many rebounds and set as many picks as I could to keep my grades up until I could do it with scoring.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

hopterque posted:

Because they actually get their real in game player models as their myplayers, 2K hooks that poo poo up. A bunch of NBA guys play in the park pretty regularly on PS4.

was I really balling with Kobe on PC?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stevie Lee posted:

was I really balling with Kobe on PC?

No, PC people can mod/cheat the game.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I would believe Kobe believes in PC master-race and only plays on $3000 systems that get rebuilt every 60 days.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kobe screaming to Nick Young in the locker room about his favorite Linux distro

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
What button do I press to set a screen in My Career? (Xbox controller on PC if that makes a difference)

vvv thanks!

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 27, 2015

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

IrvingWashington posted:

What button do I press to set a screen in My Career? (Xbox controller on PC if that makes a difference)

B I believe.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Goetta posted:

Kobe screaming to Nick Young in the locker room about his favorite Linux distro
It could really only be this: http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=openmamba

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

thompson posted:

B I believe.

You gotta hold it tho, little bit for a roll then longer for a fade

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Lockback posted:

I would believe Kobe believes in PC master-race and only plays on $3000 systems that get rebuilt every 60 days.

:laffo: I would imagine he would get to use his real name as a username to.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Um, my game won't start now for some reason. I get to the saving logo in the corner and see like a second of the main menu before the game just closes itself. Is this a known issue?

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

I finally made a SF who was decent enough to get signed to the Nuggets for a year. I've put up some decent numbers and got totally smoked trying to guard Kawhi leonard, but we still won. This game is pretty fun and Ty Lawson is my buddy.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

What level are you guys playing at in My Career?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Whatever default is.

• Locked thread