Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Infected posted:

I'm guessing it's just because of lovely testserver connection or something, or did WG seriously make it so that normal battles like CW ones hide the opposing teams tanks in the player panel until spotted.

:wtc:

Sounds good, actually I wish they'd hide usernames of opposing team players until the post match screen as well. gently caress XVM sniping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Draw because a loving t44 reset at 5 secs. but his reset gave me 10k so :confuoot:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Gervasius posted:

I'm conflicted about not being able to name ships whatever you want. On one hand, I'll never drive USS Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall but on the other hand, there won't be a ton of WAFFENSSFLOTTEBISMARCK shitlords.

I think it's a reasonable compromise, you don't need to work out which of the 10 Bismark!!'s on your team is actually a Bismark and which are frigates.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Ugh, the T28 missions become pretty tedious really fast.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Infected posted:

I'm guessing it's just because of lovely testserver connection or something, or did WG seriously make it so that normal battles like CW ones hide the opposing teams tanks in the player panel until spotted.

:wtc:

I unironically like that.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Illegal Carrot posted:

What are some profitable non-premium tanks, and could they ever hope to earn as much at something like the Jag8.8?

Mediums are your best bet. pretty much anything that doesn't Fire a 1k shell.

I think fog of war would be interesting in game, I'd also be ok with not seeing player names in the list until a certain time.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

First game of the day my entire team is red and orange and we have 6 tier 10s, versus a team which has 9 tier 10s, 6 of which are blue or purple.

Then 20 seconds into the battle my client CTDs and I get back in just in time to explode.

Trained monkeys flinging poo poo at keyboards in a caged dev studio could do better than this.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Aramoro posted:

I think it's a reasonable compromise, you don't need to work out which of the 10 Bismark!!'s on your team is actually a Bismark and which are frigates.

I dream of there will be an abundance of carriers named the USS Dick Bong, but I have a feeling WG won't be cool about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmisN0r4c0

Edit:

NTRabbit posted:

First game of the day my entire team is red and orange and we have 6 tier 10s, versus a team which has 9 tier 10s, 6 of which are blue or purple.

Then 20 seconds into the battle my client CTDs and I get back in just in time to explode.

Trained monkeys flinging poo poo at keyboards in a caged dev studio could do better than this.

Oh my god, yeah. These crashes keep getting god damned worse and worse. They really need to fix this. It dies way too often. Last night I had a T1 I had to log back onto in the middle of a match, and I discovered it had made it half way across the map into the town in Live Oaks before blowing up. And I was top tier. :cry:

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 23, 2015

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Captain Blaargh posted:

I dream of there will be an abundance of carriers named the USS Dick Bong, but I have a feeling WG won't be cool about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmisN0r4c0

Edit:

Oh my god, yeah. These crashes keep getting god damned worse and worse. They really need to fix this. It dies way too often. Last night I had a T1 I had to log back onto in the middle of a match, and I discovered it had made it half way across the map into the town in Live Oaks before blowing up. And I was top tier. :cry:

They can give British ships fruity names and still be historically accurate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay-class_fast_patrol_boat#Ships

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

kemikalkadet posted:

They can give British ships fruity names and still be historically accurate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay-class_fast_patrol_boat#Ships

I call Gay Fencer for the boats branch of Pansy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CitizenKain posted:

I think fog of war would be interesting in game, I'd also be ok with not seeing player names in the list until a certain time.

Knowing what I am up against definitely alters the way I play on maps. It would certainly change the dynamic of battles...

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
I actually like the fog-of-war in certain normal maps idea. It's kinda interesting.

I don't know the effects since it's on test, but I imagine it would encourage teams to play more cautiously and rely more on their lights.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

OSad posted:

I actually like the fog-of-war in certain normal maps idea. It's kinda interesting.

I don't know the effects since it's on test, but I imagine it would encourage teams to play more cautiously and rely more on their lights.

Actually, fog of war on encounter and assault would be interesting.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Personally I think having fog of war in pubs would be horrific. It would require you to rely even more on your team in addition to creating a huge gap in a knowledge of how to approach the map. By virtue of knowing what you are facing at least you can up your chances a bit. Not knowing what is on the other side could mean "hmmm I've been spotted" *immediately arty starts raining on you* or "cool a light/medium" *pokes out eats jpze100 shell*

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If the other team is at the same disadvantage, I fail to see how that's a bad thing. With the TD view range nerf I expect this to be a good thing for the game.

Plus it'll finally shut up that fucker who's always on your team moaning about how they have more heavy tanks woe is us the game is lost.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The gold from the extra WZ-111 tokens finally popped into my count sometime this morning. If any of you haven't received it yet, I suggest opening a ticket with support.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Personally I think having fog of war in pubs would be horrific. It would require you to rely even more on your team in addition to creating a huge gap in a knowledge of how to approach the map. By virtue of knowing what you are facing at least you can up your chances a bit. Not knowing what is on the other side could mean "hmmm I've been spotted" *immediately arty starts raining on you* or "cool a light/medium" *pokes out eats jpze100 shell*

That is no different than cw is now. Of course you are dealing with 12-14 clueless other teammates unlike cw, but it should up things a bit.

Edit: 9.6 can't come soon enough. The challenger sucks rear end, the achilles was better, but still sucks. All I want is a drat commander with sixth sense before I stick them into a charioteer. I'm also tempted to just free xp the last 50k xp out of my tortoise to the 183 so I can mess around with pubbies in it as well. Particularly for mission stuff.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Winter showdown details are up on the EU page. Event's on for two weeks starting this monday. Depending on how bad the mode is it could be an alright way to train up a new US heavy/russian light/french td crew.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Victory
Erlenberg
T110E3
Experience received:3,272 (x2 for the first victory each day) Credits received 100,602
Battle achievements Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "I Class"

Repairs: -19 658
Ammunition: -28 550
Total: 52 394 WN8: 3 957 (100)

God drat do I love this tank. Note the credits is also because I finished one of the of the td missions (do more damage than your hp one). Also, now that I'm running the war thunder sound pack, I have to ask. What happened to Wargaming's sound team going around and recording the various tank sounds?

Edit: actually, it was the 1.4x credit mission it seems (top contributor). Interesting.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

JuffoWup posted:

That is no different than cw is now. Of course you are dealing with 12-14 clueless other teammates unlike cw, but it should up things a bit.

Edit: 9.6 can't come soon enough. The challenger sucks rear end, the achilles was better, but still sucks. All I want is a drat commander with sixth sense before I stick them into a charioteer. I'm also tempted to just free xp the last 50k xp out of my tortoise to the 183 so I can mess around with pubbies in it as well. Particularly for mission stuff.

That is exactly it. In clan wars or strongholds I can communicate with 8-14 players I can vaguely trust to click red tanks. Yes the enemy team will be at the same disadvantage, but you are potentially rewarding camping high alpha tanks or the aforementioned CHAI 1 line sniper and not active gameplay.

I'm sure many players here make game based decisions based upon map and team composition. Take away the team composition and all of a sudden every potential move can become high risk. Make a ballsy move in you light tank...eat an isu shell. I mean if you had something like team has 3 lights 2 mediums 4 TDs 5 heavies 1arty could work...but there's still a gap between say anticipating an IS vs a T29 vs a BP and that is in tier. Now adjust for t6 thru 8 and even facing heavies could go from bad to ooooohhhh poo poo.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Strobe posted:

If the other team is at the same disadvantage, I fail to see how that's a bad thing. With the TD view range nerf I expect this to be a good thing for the game.

Plus it'll finally shut up that fucker who's always on your team moaning about how they have more heavy tanks woe is us the game is lost.

That fucker will find a thousand other things to whine about.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Got Chaffee last night, it doesn't stop that well. Finally got this mission by hanging out and not moving though.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Juffowuppy hit me up. The arty platoon time has come around.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Installing the bote beta is taking forever. Over 3 hours now.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Poil posted:

Installing the bote beta is taking forever. Over 3 hours now.

Well you have until 6:00 PM EST before it starts.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
poo poo I'm going to make some silver this weekend

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

McGavin posted:

6 PM EST? Seriously? :qq:

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

The Southern Dandy posted:

I am around for arty platooning if you can bear playing with a lesser player.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
Of course wargaming would pull two fantastic credit bonuses out of their asses... on the weekend people are looking forward to playing their other game.

I actually got a little mad there for a second.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

McGavin posted:

According to a site with a really poor layout that should be... at midnight. No botes today then, because I have no confidence at all that the servers are going to be up and running enough to be playable until at least an hour or so later. The installation showed an error anyway and the retry took a long rear end time before giving the same error again.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

WayAbvPar posted:

I am around for arty platooning if you can bear playing with a lesser player.

You severely overestimate me!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Cippalippus posted:

Ugh, the T28 missions become pretty tedious really fast.

No poo poo. A lot of them is just "Same as the StuG mission, but +1". When the StuG was kill 2 then kill 3 ain't so bad. But then you get poo poo like the arty mission where you have to track a thing and have it die before it fixes its tracks....and for the T28 you have to do that twice in one battle.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

The Southern Dandy posted:

Now that I'm here, you are not!

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Valle posted:

No poo poo. A lot of them is just "Same as the StuG mission, but +1". When the StuG was kill 2 then kill 3 ain't so bad. But then you get poo poo like the arty mission where you have to track a thing and have it die before it fixes its tracks....and for the T28 you have to do that twice in one battle.

Those T-55A missions are going to be a doozy. See you all in six months or so!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Object 260 is actually a honey trap, the missions for it are impossible and anybody who is triced into unlocking one will have their account knocked off for hacking or collusion

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

The Object 260 is actually a honey trap, the missions for it are impossible and anybody who is triced into unlocking one will have their account knocked off for hacking or collusion

Or. Or maybe they just made it really really hard so that not every pubbie can get one.

I just recently pulled off what would have been heavy mission 15, for 16k combined damage done and absorbed, in my E100.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Saint Celestine posted:

Or. Or maybe they just made it really really hard so that not every pubbie can get one.

Nah, pretty sure conspiracy theories are the answer here.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Saint Celestine posted:

I just recently pulled off what would have been heavy mission 15, for 16k combined damage done and absorbed, in my E100.

:argh:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

Now that I'm here, you are not!

I'm waiting on my Indian food!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Do the semi-premium-reward-tanks-that-don't-make-extra-money get excluded from bonus credits missions because they are "premium" too?