Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
smash bros melee and smash 4 have the same score on metacritic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like Chris Breault's game reviews but he writes for Kill Screen which is a crap game site and he only does like three reviews per year or some poo poo.

This was probably my favorite DA:I review and the only problem I have with it is that the number score seems much higher than the written review might indicate.

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/dragon-age-inquisition-all-business/

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If you want a bad Kill Screen review, by the way, pick basically anything not written by that guy, but this was maybe the worst game review I read all last year.
http://killscreendaily.com/articles/we-are-slaves-destiny/

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Excels posted:

smash bros melee and smash 4 have the same score on metacritic

That's because both games are Good and Fun and those are the scores that matter.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

steak is okay but im not a huge fan. i also dont really care much for pork except for bacon or breakfast sausage. eggs own. chickens owns

what kind of stupid bullshit it is this that even dares compare a good ribeye to eggs, which aren't even full chickens yet. you're a shameful meat eater.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

eggs are pre-meat

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i mean lets look at it this way if eggs werent that great would they have been involved in the worldwide phenomenon known as smashmouth egg eat? i doubt it very much so

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Egg whites are good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i was a vegetarian for 15 years and started eating meat again in august and yeah, chicken's okay, but steak deserves its reputation as the tastiest and juiciest meat.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

that's why beef is one of the important ingredients in some real good potions in elder scrolls while chickens are just glitchy snitches for the guards.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I always want to know what fantasy food that has no real life equivalent tastes like.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bust a Move 4 for the PS1. Variety of game types, decent mechanics. Also the last game in the series.

Thanks for the recommendation. The Super Bust-A-Move series happened afterwards for the PS2 but I'm not familiar with those. There's a WiiWare Bust-A-Move and probably more that I don't know about.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

Thanks for the recommendation. The Super Bust-A-Move series happened afterwards for the PS2 but I'm not familiar with those. There's a WiiWare Bust-A-Move and probably more that I don't know about.
Bust a Move 4 is worth playing for the completely insane translations in the vs. story dialogue.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

ArfJason posted:

oh my loving god you're all terrible

bazinga, friend

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

This is like when people who don't know anything about film or criticism try to own Roger Ebert by pointing out that he gave Blue Velvet one star and Garfield three stars.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
What the hell he gave Blue Velvet one star?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

This is like when people who don't know anything about film or criticism try to own Roger Ebert by pointing out that he gave Blue Velvet one star and Garfield three stars.

this is entirely a good post.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sometimes I feel bad about watching youtubes of games because that is time I could be playing the game.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

euphronius posted:

Sometimes I feel bad about watching youtubes of games because that is time I could be playing the game.

unless the person playing is better at it than you

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Sleeveless posted:

notice how conveniently we don't know if it was the same person doing both reviews or not... hosed up

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Bicyclops posted:

i was a vegetarian for 15 years and started eating meat again in august and yeah, chicken's okay, but steak deserves its reputation as the tastiest and juiciest meat.

beef is delicious but overrated, pork is the true king of meats

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

What the hell he gave Blue Velvet one star?

Yeah, what the gently caress was his problem?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Poo Velvet.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Nobody needs to try to own Roger Ebert, he owned himself on a regular basis.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

beef is delicious but overrated, pork is the true king of meats

hm yes. sounds like an adam bowen opinion alright.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

what's ness's favorite food by default? yeah, that's right.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Bicyclops posted:

what's ness's favorite food by default? yeah, that's right.

pussy

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

IGN: The Roger Ebert of games

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

pork is great asians made me fall in love with it and I weep for all jews and muslims missing out on it

also lmao if you think a professional 'critic' doesn't have poo poo opinions

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

code:
QTY.	PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
1	Nintendo - Wii U 32GB Console Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land Bundle - Black 
Model: WUPSKAGF

SKU:  8569008 
Expedited  Shipping: FREE 
Get it by: Wed, Jan 28

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I said come in! posted:

code:
QTY.	PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
1	Nintendo - Wii U 32GB Console Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land Bundle - Black 
Model: WUPSKAGF

SKU:  8569008 
Expedited  Shipping: FREE 
Get it by: Wed, Jan 28

Taking credit for converting you to the best console.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Taking credit for converting you to the best console.

Nah, credit actually goes to another goon.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It takes a village.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Eye of Widesauron posted:

It takes a village.

To raise a manchild.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Rabbit, boar, and bison are all jucier and tastier. Not to mention the ownage that is elk, alligator and shark.

Though I will admit that a rare steak (or better, lightly seared) is one of my favourite snacks.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Why isn't Kermit the Frog in more videogames?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Bicyclops you should eat a haggis. I'm not even kidding it's the most delicious thing I've ever eaten.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Nasgate posted:

Rabbit, boar, and bison are all jucier and tastier. Not to mention the ownage that is elk, alligator and shark.

Though I will admit that a rare steak (or better, lightly seared) is one of my favourite snacks.

my hunter hunted deer 2 years ago, he cut it up like beef tips and wrap it in bacon and called it bambi bites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I am playing Transistor and I like this more than Bastion

• Locked thread