Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Speaking of clearances, what kind of paperwork should you have to show that you already have one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Speaking of clearances, what kind of paperwork should you have to show that you already have one?

Anyone who needs to know if you have a clearance has the ability to check your clearance, investigation dates, etc.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fart Sandwiches posted:

To make money as a programmer you get a clearance and get into contracting with the big boys like lockmart, raytheon, etc.

Actually the highest paying programmer jobs aren't in gub'ment contracts any more. They're with Bay Area networking firms, ISPs at major combine centers (San Diego, San Fran, Atlanta, etc) and select banking firms at the moment. SOurce: Programmer neighbor who is leaving his 90K/yr job with Raytheon to go plink code in San Fran for 225K/yr

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Spicy Guacamole posted:

I got a printout of my JPAS info on my way out, but any agency that requires a clearance will run their own search. This was more so I could reference the dates.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Ah, JPAS was what I was thinking of, but this kind of slipped my mind. :downs:

Zeris posted:

Anyone who needs to know if you have a clearance has the ability to check your clearance, investigation dates, etc.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pooping on company time is the best.

Source: pooping at work right now

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Pooping on company time is the best.

Source: pooping at work right now

this man is livin right

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Booblord Zagats posted:

Actually the highest paying programmer jobs aren't in gub'ment contracts any more. They're with Bay Area networking firms, ISPs at major combine centers (San Diego, San Fran, Atlanta, etc) and select banking firms at the moment. SOurce: Programmer neighbor who is leaving his 90K/yr job with Raytheon to go plink code in San Fran for 225K/yr

Brb moving to California.

If I can't pass my poly and maintain clearance I have friends out there that can put me in touch with people.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
This office is cool because there's always free food in the break rooms or I've just been snacking away at somebody's lunch.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
So I was doing stuff to a shelf above my toilet and it fell (improperly secured because I'm lazy, it is now anchored well) on my toilet and broke the tank lid. Apparently it's ducking impossible to get a replacement lid. You either get a new tank or a whole new toilet. Doesn't help that the brand is some no name defunct company out of Colombia.

Looks like it's time to get that golf ball toilet.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
get this shitter if you wanna live right

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
does it suck my poo poo down the pipe faster and harder than a fat chick sucking dick? if not i don't care.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

does it suck my poo poo down the pipe faster and harder than a fat chick sucking dick? if not i don't care.

gently caress yes. i leave huge turds in the bowl and they fuckin disappear likety split when i hit that lever

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

sold

When I read negative reviews I wonder what kind of monster dumps these people are slamming down that pipe

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You know there are seriously passionate toilet engineers out there. To them, this is their art.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Poo engineering is art. Those guys work tirelessly so we can poo poo in peace and comfort without going outside and squatting over a hole.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Someone post the vid of that megatoilet that can flush anything

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Zeris posted:

Someone post the vid of that megatoilet that can flush anything
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/atyL72g.jpg :nws:

Zeris' mom

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt5kXFKhbIQ

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

:golfclap:

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
I'm getting into reloading as a hobby. I doubt I'll really shoot that much more, but I just like stroking the ram.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
knights of badassdom was pretty rad

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The VA sent me two appointment dates: one for the general physical and the other for audiology. What am I in store for?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Can I get GI Bill to fund a two week study abroad? I'd like to do this trip but don't feel like being on the hook for 4K.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

holocaust bloopers posted:

The VA sent me two appointment dates: one for the general physical and the other for audiology. What am I in store for?

basically what it sounds like.....you'll meet with your GP doctor and get the usual physical, blood work, ask you whats wrong, etc (also expect a drug test).....then probably a hearing test for audiology unless you have some specific issues. also expect them to screw up a ton and be idiots and then you get mad enough to just say gently caress this and leave forever and pay for your own health care because holy poo poo the va is awful the end

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That sounds about right. They'll ask you a bunch of questions about what is in your records, then you can tell them about anything else, they'll have a look, and answer this big pile of a questionnaire that gets sent along to the raters with the rest of your poo poo. Audiology is just a given thing, they test your hearing, ask you if you have tinnitus. It's way better than the normal army test, I always thought my hearing was okay, but after I got my head smashed in, the civilian audiologist is like "oh, yeah, you've lost about 20% in your left ear, and you've got a pressure differential (or something), you had a TBI incident before?"

loving army audiology.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

justice4trayvawn posted:

basically what it sounds like.....you'll meet with your GP doctor and get the usual physical, blood work, ask you whats wrong, etc (also expect a drug test)....

Haha. If you think the VA gives a gently caress about drug testing you are hilariously mistaken. They might check your lab work for it but often they don't even bother and just run the usual range of poo poo (cholesterol, a1c, etc).

Seriously, the VA doesn't give a poo poo. There was some bill a month or two back introduced to allow VA docs to recommend weed (that crashed and burned) for whatever reason.

They have better things to do than pretend you're on unemployment in Florida.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Haha. If you think the VA gives a gently caress about drug testing you are hilariously mistaken. They might check your lab work for it but often they don't even bother and just run the usual range of poo poo (cholesterol, a1c, etc).

Seriously, the VA doesn't give a poo poo. There was some bill a month or two back introduced to allow VA docs to recommend weed (that crashed and burned) for whatever reason.

They have better things to do than pretend you're on unemployment in Florida.

The main reason I dumped my first primary care provider is that she'd do ignorant poo poo like google marijuana use, in front of me / during an appointment, to feed a lecture about why smoking pot is bad - when I had asked her to look at some other stuff I had going on. She knew about the pot from reading my mental health records. I am glad you can fire your doctor/NP.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Yeah VA not only doesn't give a gently caress if you toke up, worst case is they won't give you narcotics. That's the most power your physicians at the VA have over you and weed.

And you prolly don't need to mix the fentanyl patches they'll give you for stubbing your testicles and sour diesel anyway. Won't kill you I guess but that seems stupid to do either way. Some of those narcotics these docs Rx at the VA are strong poo poo, and I'd be scared as gently caress mixing strong medical grade green with any of those medications. Which is why I don't take as
many pills now. :350:

Besides your VA doc is trying to kill you, the last VA doc alive when the last Vet dies gets to collect our C&P payments. It's the retirement plan they sign in blood and Pashto when joining the VA in its jihad on the American Veteran at large.

:colbert:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zeris posted:

The main reason I dumped my first primary care provider is that she'd do ignorant poo poo like google marijuana use, in front of me / during an appointment, to feed a lecture about why smoking pot is bad - when I had asked her to look at some other stuff I had going on. She knew about the pot from reading my mental health records. I am glad you can fire your doctor/NP.

I may have mentioned before I know someone that works at the VA as an NP. Fairly sure this is how they know anything about pot, aside from their gently caress up kids. A lot of the VA psych folks I have encountered told me they care more about alcohol because we vets are dumb drunks or whatever. Obviously relying on it for day to day function isn't great, but better to be baked on the couch than drunk driving home from the vfw hall on dollar beer night (ie. every night).

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Every time I see my VA shrink they ask me if I want to get a regular doctor too. Every time I tell them no I don't want Hep C.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well, at least if the VA infects you, they're stuck compensating you for it.

Then you can gently caress all the cheap whores in the world bareback if you want. Gotta go out somehow.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I may have mentioned before I know someone that works at the VA as an NP. Fairly sure this is how they know anything about pot, aside from their gently caress up kids. A lot of the VA psych folks I have encountered told me they care more about alcohol because we vets are dumb drunks or whatever. Obviously relying on it for day to day function isn't great, but better to be baked on the couch than drunk driving home from the vfw hall on dollar beer night (ie. every night).

Is she at the Syracuse VA and asks vets if they've killed anyone during their physical exam intake?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nope. Out west in a poo poo hole town in the desert.

Her son kinda hosed up her look at weed by going full worthless in a variety of hilariously terrible life decisions that were completely unrelated to his occasion joint.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

There are a lot of good reasons to recommend against habitual marijuana use but your inability to raise a child isn't one of them yep.

I can only feel dumb and laugh at myself for not walking out when she told me my problems were the same as what WebMD said (about pot) and therefore I should shut up.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Fellas:

I'm auditioning for a school theater group tonight. They require a two-minute monologue for the audition.

I'm using a cut-down version of the Honeyboy Bradley rear end-book-tearing story.
:getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Deathy McDeath posted:

Fellas:

I'm auditioning for a school theater group tonight. They require a two-minute monologue for the audition.

I'm using a cut-down version of the Honeyboy Bradley rear end-book-tearing story.
:getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin::getin:

Please record it. Your readings of lovely goon posts were the best. Try to get audience reaction in there too.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Probably won't be able to do that

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Deathy McDeath posted:

Probably won't be able to do that

Called a phone you douche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justice4trayvawn