Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I like chopped because it seems as though they're making the food

maybe they bullshit the backstories though, idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

qirex posted:

bar rescue turned a place near my work that was an OK bar in a tricky location into THE PATRIOT HOUSE featuring Millard Fillmore's Minestrone [srsly]

in the city probably the least susceptible to dumb jingoistic bullshit in the whole country

@hugohugo Actually we support the Constitution far more than anyone else. Free speech, separation of church and state, freedom of religion, equal rights, these are all famous San Francisco values.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

qirex posted:

bar rescue turned a place near my work that was an OK bar in a tricky location into THE PATRIOT HOUSE featuring Millard Fillmore's Minestrone [srsly]

in the city probably the least susceptible to dumb jingoistic bullshit in the whole country

George Washington Meatball Spaghetti

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bill Clinton brand cigars

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Luigi Thirty posted:

then the title card at the end said "as of this airing, nobody has been paid in 3 months and everyone quit"

poochy died on teh way back to his bar

hey thanks for watching our show, but in the end we accomplished nothing and you're not getting that hour of your life back so gently caress you gentle viewer

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

computer parts posted:

I like chopped because it seems as though they're making the food

maybe they bullshit the backstories though, idk

chopped is always a good watch

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Citizen Tayne posted:

Bill Clinton brand cigars

no itd be like bill clinton pipe tobacco

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

unless fillmore was more italian than i thought

Apr 7, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

no itd be like bill clinton pipe tobacco

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/1998/09/what_exactly_is_the_cigar_story.html

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bar rescue probably looked at the neighborhood and thought "there's no all american wings & burgers place in the area" without wondering why that is

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

antiques roadshow is where the excitement is at

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
dun dun dun a minor disagreement happens
cut to flashback
cut to talking head
cut to switching camera angles of the parties involved without saying a word with dramatic music in the background
"after the break"
someone stomping out in black and white
someone throwing something and screaming like a child

commercial break

"before the break"
disagreement
talking heads
switching camera angles between involved parties
narration with watch bait
"person a said to person b "x" "

shocker.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if you want to see some really horrendous acting check out restaurant stakeout and mystery diners

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Wild EEPROM posted:

cut to flashback
cut to talking head
cut to switching camera angles of the parties involved without saying a word with dramatic music in the background
"after the break"

commercial break

"before the break"
disagreement
talking heads

shocker.

ya. video editing friend was always both proud and ashamed about his work. technically a lot of work to get right but the product was poo poo

had a hair stylist chatting with me once tell me that the most difficult men's haircut to do right is a mullet. she lamented that she had done some amazing feathering work to get one right only to be confronted with the fact that she was proud of unleashing a mullet on the world.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

i like when someone's trinket is worth like five grand but they're forcing a smile because they thought they were gonna buy a house with it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"are you going to sell it?"
"well it belonged to my great grandmother and was her favorite piece of jewelery so no"
"it's worth 35-40,000 dollars"
"well, it's uh good to know that, you know, for insurance reasons"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Shifty Pony posted:

ya. video editing friend was always both proud and ashamed about his work. technically a lot of work to get right but the product was poo poo

had a hair stylist chatting with me once tell me that the most difficult men's haircut to do right is a mullet. she lamented that she had done some amazing feathering work to get one right only to be confronted with the fact that she was proud of unleashing a mullet on the world.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

or the appraiser gets all uncomfortable when it's a piece of nazi memorabilia someone's grandpa stole off some dead wehrmacht officer and he knows it'll get a really good amount at auction

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

As a Millennial I posted:

if you want to see some really horrendous acting check out restaurant stakeout and mystery diners

Mystery Diners is pretty bad. Seems to always portray a horrible owner trying to exert his/her dominion over the lives of the employees.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

theflyingexecutive posted:

"are you going to sell it?"
"well it belonged to my great grandmother and was her favorite piece of jewelery so no"
"it's worth 35-40,000 dollars"
"well, it's uh good to know that, you know, for insurance reasons"

it actually is good to know for insurance reasons

that said i'd rather not own anything i have to insure for $40k

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lol box ipo closed up 65%.

they got hosed out of some serious cash by banks not wanting another Facebook ipo where the early access investors didn't get fat stacks on the opening day.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Shifty Pony posted:

real talk: british antiques roadshow is where its at

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

they "rescued" a local place into a steampunk bar but gave it a name that made it seem like a bondage place.

"metal and lace"

http://smldg.com/hipster_bike_shop/

(refresh)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

sonatinas posted:

Mystery Diners is pretty bad. Seems to always portray a horrible owner trying to exert his/her dominion over the lives of the employees.

isn't that all business people? what's the point of a tech bubble otherwise?

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

lol at dating FOB, DDP or :frogout:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Wild EEPROM posted:

cut to flashback
cut to talking head
"after the break"

commercial break

"before the break"
disagreement
talking heads

shocker.

gift shop sketch

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I wish they'd put that show back on netflix

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

don't date ddp he'll stalk your wife because he wants to beat you at wrestlemania

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Shifty Pony posted:

lol box ipo closed up 65%.

they got hosed out of some serious cash by banks not wanting another Facebook ipo where the early access investors didn't get fat stacks on the opening day.

do they employees get to cash out options immediately or do they have to wait? idk how these things work

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Munkeymon posted:

do they employees get to cash out options immediately or do they have to wait? idk how these things work

there's a small amount of "directed shares" that can be sold immediately [and you ahve to buy them at IPO price] but options are frozen until the lockout date

IPOs are cash events for the company, its investors, executives, and banks; any rank and file employee wealth generated is entirely coincidental

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the point was that millard fillmore wasnt italian

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
the reality show that's on tv in an episode of Louie owned

"and then x was like, so you're from California, and y was like 'yea I am' and x was like 'yeah I bet you are' and then y was like 'yea, I am'"

Apr 7, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

the point was that millard fillmore wasnt italian

Yes he is.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

bassguitarhero posted:

i know a LOT of people are supposed to be ubering everywhere, it's pretty much "expected" that if you're dating in SF, you send an uber to pick up your date, etc,

"hey girl get in this nissan stanza with some guy neither of us know before we have our date. yeah im cool"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Nintendo Kid posted:

"hey girl get in this nissan stanza with some guy neither of us know before we have our date. yeah im cool"

yeah idk where you got that one, except maybe, "I'm in a cab/car I'll pick you up on the way"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

alright i guess i was wrong

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

thing is, if you can get their adress even before the date has started youre basically home free

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

google has abandoned all pretense and is giving millions of dollars to americans for prosperity and the cato institute now. lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

just a little bit evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

reminder that one of their google x projects is methods of achieving eternal life

• Locked thread