Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Any thoughts on Infinifactory? Not like I need another puzzle game but it looks neat...

It's by the SpaceChem devs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Morter posted:

It stars a young girl, so obviously everyone who hates anime thinks everyone who likes anime is thinking sexual thoughts about her. Because anime.

This is probably the most amount of times I've said that word. It's doing that thing where it's making less sense the more I evoke it.
to be fair back in the YCS days, all the anime games posters talked about lolis like they were going out of style. now they actually are out of style, or those posters are all gone, i dunno

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zombie Samurai posted:

Okay cool, since we're derailing the thread with non-anime games I can ask about Venetica. What is this and is it good? Because it sounds cool:

And looks cool:

Despite being like six years old, apparently? Tell me someone here has played it.

That town invented the Bioshock infinite menu before it even existed

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Armor-Piercing posted:

Is the mahjong game any good? I looked at a couple user reviews earlier that suggested the UI isn't great. What kind of rule options are available? Difficulty settings?

P.S. This is not an ironic post, I just like mahjong.

Just play this free one online http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Jesus, you're not supposed to escalate from thrown rocks to nuclear strikes :ohdear:.
I ended up retaliating with Sakura Angels.

I shouldn't have done that

I think I'm laying down my arms, this will never end well

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I predict that goons will singlehandedly make anime games on Steam profitable, purely by "ironically" gifting it to each other and "ironically" playing them. See also: Bad Rats.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lt. Lizard posted:

I predict that goons will singlehandedly make anime games on Steam profitable, purely by "ironically" gifting it to each other and "ironically" playing them. See also: Bad Rats.

i like anime games unironically*

*(not really)

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Personally I like good games, their anime status doesn't really matter to me. Anime isn't a game genre you dummies.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kanfy posted:

Personally I like good games, their anime status doesn't really matter to me. Anime isn't a game genre you dummies.

Good games do own yeah

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Acquire Currency! posted:

Good games do own yeah

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Good games are good regardless of animeness

Huniepop is not good and wouldn't be good even if it wasn't anime

Thanks for listening to my opinion

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

That seems pretty much perfect. Thanks!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kanfy posted:

It's definitely a fighting game genre, unless you've got a plan ready to revolutionize eSports.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

deadly_pudding posted:

I've heard real good things about it. I'll probably buy it in a couple months when it's closer to being out of Early Access, because I loved me some Spacechem.

From what I've heard and seen it's only EA out of an excess of caution. I'm having a great time with it even though I'm dumb as a post!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

King Vidiot posted:

It's just nice to have a permanent Steam home for games you may already own the discs for. Like if No One Lives Forever came out on Steam by some miracle I'd buy it even when I could install and play it any time, same with Silent Hill 2 etc.

Yeah I do the same, though that does mean that every so often if I do one of those,"How much of your Steam Library have you actually played?" things it tends to skew the results, because I have never loaded up a game I now own on Steam that I already played backwards and forwards on my old retail disc copies.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

Suddenly I realize I have exactly zero idea how to play mahjong.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Princey posted:

Suddenly I realize I have exactly zero idea how to play mahjong.

Here's the rules down to the absolute simplest: It's poker, you have to complete a hand. The most basic hand is a set of 4 of: 3 of a kind or 3 in a row. Then you need an additional pair to complete a 14-tile hand. You can also have 3 sets of 4 of a kind plus the pair.

Then you get into all the "special" hands which you have to memorize on your own. One of them is a full hand of pairs, but that's the only one I can remember. There are also other rules for taking opponent's tiles if you need them (I think it's only counter clockwise for certain types of sets, or from anybody from some other type of set), rules for declaring yourself "out" (meaning you win), rules for declaring a ready hand, etc...

edit: And yes, I learned that poo poo so I can play MAME mahjong. I mean, there are a poo poo-ton of MAME mahjong games, why not learn to play them?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i like anime and do not respect fake american imitations of anime

also we had a mahjong thread in adtrw

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Majhong is cool real talk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
this is a really gay new title and mahjong is only cool when you're not distracted by beautiful and wonderfully realized anime characters, sorry

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

oh no!!! not GAY

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Steam Thread: Almost as bad as GBS

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

this is a really gay new title and mahjong is only cool when you're not distracted by beautiful and wonderfully realized anime characters, sorry

smgdh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hog Inspector posted:

oh no!!! not GAY

yeah it's unfortunate i know

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Every time I try to Ron I get a pop-up that says no-multiplier. What's up with that?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WarLocke posted:

Steam Thread: Almost as bad as GBS

can we have our own hellthread

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Uh... if you're going to use gay as a slur, could you just go back to FYAD? We don't need any trolls in our forum community...

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
This is what happense when we don't have a thirty page OP to weed out the anime casuals

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Did this guy get lost on his way to the Imp Zone or something? What a maroon!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Eonwe posted:

this isnt it what I am confused

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Eonwe posted:

edit: vvv That is what I meant yes, thank you for not making assumptions like these assholes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
being gay is totally acceptable and is not a pejorative, so im going to assume he meant

quote:

this is a really fabulous new title and mahjong is cool when you're distracted by beautiful and wonderfully realized anime characters

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

CJacobs posted:

edit: vvv That is what I meant yes, thank you for not making assumptions like these assholes

It's still bannable/probatable to emptyquote, right?

I mean it's not just the above post (before you added to it), I've been seeing a bunch of emptyquoting lately it seems like.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

WarLocke posted:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WarLocke posted:

I mean it's not just the above post (before you added to it), I've been seeing a bunch of emptyquoting lately it seems like.

most things are not probatable anywhere except D&D and some other boards

games, GBS, etc have REALLY lightened the rules

you have to really try to be unfunny/weird to get a probation anymore

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
This thread has the best title. Soon, everyone will have at least one hazubendo or waifu.

Ohoho.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

WarLocke posted:

Nah, Kewpuh is a most chill mod. The prospect of a hellthread in Games is actually doable with him overseeing the forum, but it would also certainly be junk because a bunch of Games posters would be posting in it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WarLocke posted:

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Nah, Kewpuh is a most chill mod. The prospect of a hellthread in Games is actually doable with him overseeing the forum, but it would also certainly be junk because a bunch of Games posters would be posting in it.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the Xbox shark tank thread is this forums helldump and that thread is crazy bad

• Locked thread