Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Ragequit posted:

...handful of people to uproot, get passports, find housing in a different country, move to said country, find an office space, and prepare that office space...

good thing they did all this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Ragequit posted:

Yes, I imagine it took some time for a handful of people to uproot, get passports, find housing in a different country, move to said country, find an office space, and prepare that office space? It's not exactly something that could be done in a week.

Pretty rad wizard posters and old school Mac converted in to a fish tank though.

Edit: Where did you even find that picture? Can't seem to locate it anywhere.

yeah, i mean if i were waiting for a passport and searching for an apartment on craigslist for several months i would totally quit doing my job for that entire time as well. being on a computer and maybe going to a government office is hard work

i guess it's pretty normal for europeans to take several months off at a time though so whatever. the factorio guys are pretty much always on vacation

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kly posted:

good thing they did all this

Yes, I thought several had to move from out of country?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
In other news, there's maybe gonna be a new unstable tonight, and they're still doubling down on the January date for the new stable.

Ragequit posted:

Yes, I imagine it took some time for a handful of people to uproot, get passports, find housing in a different country, move to said country, find an office space, and prepare that office space? It's not exactly something that could be done in a week.

Pretty rad wizard posters and old school Mac converted in to a fish tank though.

It's a joke. For all those reasons you mentioned, setting up a new studio is a pretty legit reason why development would slow down for a couple months. But it didn't take them four months, and they kept releasing nightlies that whole time, too. I was satirizing the kind of criticisms they actually get.

Ragequit posted:

Edit: Where did you even find that picture? Can't seem to locate it anywhere.

https://twitter.com/StarboundGame/status/558605422454906880

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Ragequit posted:

Yes, I thought several had to move from out of country?

yes they had to so they could speed up development on their game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think there is a bit too much hate levelled toward the devs themselves here

the devs are all actually pretty cool people (i haven't really had any extended interaction with Tiy, so can't comment on that)

i dont blame them for moving offices

still, i dont know what exactly they have been doing all this time because to be honest, the game feels pretty much the same now as when it released

there are mods that came out within weeks that were really good and polished and made the game pretty significantly different in some ways, so I just wonder what the holdup is

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kly posted:

Exactly.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Eonwe posted:

still, i dont know what exactly they have been doing all this time because to be honest, the game feels pretty much the same now as when it released

there are mods that came out within weeks that were really good and polished and made the game pretty significantly different in some ways, so I just wonder what the holdup is

They have no management or direction lmao

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Eonwe posted:

i think there is a bit too much hate levelled toward the devs themselves here
It's kind of inevitable. When it's a studio people hate that. Once you get enough transparency so that people know about the people behind it, it inevitably gets personal. It's pretty ugly, but this is hardly the worst example.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

Evilreaver posted:

Here's one they forgot

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Eonwe posted:

i think there is a bit too much hate levelled toward the devs themselves her
in fairness the game really is kind of poo poo

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Kly posted:

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
starbound is like the girl you thought was out of your league but you manage to land her, but she gains a little weight and at first youre like, its ok, shes still hot enough and anyway i like her for her personality, only not only does she keep getting fatter but it turns out she cant hold a real job and keeps rotating cashier jobs an dyou realize that shes actually pretty dumb, but hey you know shes your girl and youre a loyal guy and then you find out shes also cheating on you and you find out she was sucking some other dudes dick when she would never do that for you but by now shes had yoour baby and youre either going through a messy custody battle, or you just accept the situation like a little bitch because you hope one day, one day, she'll lose the weight and come to her senses and be the girl of your dreams again. but deep in your heart you know that will never happen

thats the Starbound Experience

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

metasynthetic posted:

starbound is like the girl you thought was out of your league but you manage to land her, but she gains a little weight and at first youre like, its ok, shes still hot enough and anyway i like her for her personality, only not only does she keep getting fatter but it turns out she cant hold a real job and keeps rotating cashier jobs an dyou realize that shes actually pretty dumb, but hey you know shes your girl and youre a loyal guy and then you find out shes also cheating on you and you find out she was sucking some other dudes dick when she would never do that for you but by now shes had yoour baby and youre either going through a messy custody battle, or you just accept the situation like a little bitch because you hope one day, one day, she'll lose the weight and come to her senses and be the girl of your dreams again. but deep in your heart you know that will never happen

This post is as bad as Starbound.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

metasynthetic posted:

nah starbound is the chick who is kinda cute so you hook up with her and then suddenly it's serious and you realize she's incredibly boring and stupid, but instead of just breaking up with her you repeatedly cheat on her and make fun of her behind her back

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Starbound is like the girl who is poo poo, and changed your opinion on Early Access as a marketing move. She moved to England also, and keeps namedropping Dark Souls as an inspiration for the retarded poo poo she does. I hate her.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 24, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i now know more than i ever wanted to about the love life of the average goon

:gas:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

dont you ever say I just walked away
Starbound is a bad game

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

metasynthetic posted:

:wtc:

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

metasynthetic posted:

starbound is a lot like a tortured metaphor pee pee poo poo

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

metasynthetic posted:

starbound is a video game friend

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vUCPZzlcgq

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Starbound isn't a bad game. Your standards and expectations of what you thought starbound was going to end up being are too high. It's not a AAA title and never will be. I expect it to end up as a sub par experience at best when all is said and done. And hey, if it does end up better than I expected its nice to be pleasantly surprised.

Also 15bux isn't allot, just saying...

Edit: also this is in no way an anti poo poo posting post. Just wanted to speak my mind. By all means poo poo post until you all die of dehydration.

hey welcome to the show! fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 24, 2015

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Starbound isn't a bad game. Your standards and expectations of what you thought starbound was going to end up being are too high. It's not a AAA title and never will be. I expect it to end up as a sub par experience at best when all is said and done. And hey, if it does end up better than I expected its nice to be pleasantly surprised.

the thing is that they've been developing this game for what, three years now? and they're still trying to figure out fundamental gameplay elements like mining and combat, and trolling the community by doing the exact opposite of what everyone wants.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Edit: also this is in no way an anti poo poo posting post. Just wanted to speak my mind. By all means poo poo post until you all die of dehydration.

please don't troll the stabround thread

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Bbbut why? I thought that was the entire reason that the thread existed.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Also I bought cube world, castle story, planet explorers and, obviously, starbound. So I guess the jokes on me huh...

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
it's been a couple pages since we had a starbound pun post, something is wrong

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
SoreBunned. That doing anything for you?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Eonwe posted:

where is chucklepuppy tho
at the starpound

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
I played the unstable version of Starbound and walking backwards was really slow still. I thought they changed this? Or did they revert it to make it more postionally tactical?

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

Smoremaster posted:

yeah, i mean if i were waiting for a passport and searching for an apartment on craigslist for several months i would totally quit doing my job for that entire time as well. being on a computer and maybe going to a government office is hard work

i guess it's pretty normal for europeans to take several months off at a time though so whatever. the factorio guys are pretty much always on vacation

I am European and find that highly offensive.

Seriously though I moved from Canada to Ireland, from Ireland to Holland, and from Holland to Australia, and each time had at most a week break. But I guess the fact that I don't have millions of dollars to cover 9 years worth of expenses without having to worry or interrupt my masturbation session is the reason. (yes i know they kept releasing nightlies, i poo poo every day too)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Space Bat posted:

I played the unstable version of Starbound and walking backwards was really slow still. I thought they changed this? Or did they revert it to make it more postionally tactical?

nah that was a lie but since we're all hopers and dreamers we fell for it

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Just remember how Spore turned out. After something like that you can basically be never disappointed to the same magnitude ever again.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jackard posted:

at the starpound

:chanpop:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
I fully believe Xboxpants is Tiy come to strike at us with his hate boner

E: It would explain why we're all asshurt all the time.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Koobze posted:

( i poo poo every day too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Also I bought cube world, castle story, planet explorers and, obviously, starbound. So I guess the jokes on me huh...

I know the rest are duds, but how is planet explorers?

• Locked thread