Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Is there a reason convention season got bumped up a full month?

It's Christmas creep, but for elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Disinterested posted:

Mitt Romney is only really racist in the way that a lot of rich white people are, so it's arguably not much of a disqualifying factor for him until the revolution comes and he's ritually murdered.

Surely the sun will flare brightly with the mirth of Huitzilopotchli when the Peoples' Hierophants offer the heart of the devil Romney to the highest altar of New Aztlan.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SnakePlissken posted:

It's Christmas creep, but for elections.

Oracle posted:

Its been in July before.

It's OK if you don't know the correct answer, which is:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Let's them spend [on the] general election sooner.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

There was also the Rachel Maddow theory of "less time for primary craziness, more time for middle-of-the-road general election pandering."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SedanChair posted:

Well I mean, they are in love with having power and influence. I don't mean it as a smear but they are just a couple who thinks they were born to govern others. They're generally benevolent and plain-dealing but you know, come on. They're vampires who feed on adulation.
As opposed to what, the guys like Walker who just openly seem to treat their jobs like mid-level VPs in the working of Capital? Like to me this reads like, "These career politicians want to hold office! In other news, water is wet!"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Chantilly Say posted:

It did. When he was asked about it, Mitt said that when he heard on the radio that the national Mormon leadership had decided that blacks were really people, he pulled his car over to the side of the road and wept with joy.

"Oh, praise be to God. Now I can run for President."

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Disinterested posted:

I meant more I was surprised it didn't become an issue in the national - not necessarily from Obama, just in the press. Mitt's old enough to for sure have seen some of the super racist poo poo in Mormonism.

There was no good that could come from it. The instant anybody brought up Mormonism you'd see a massive increase in the "Obama is a Muslim" bullshit in response to it. Anybody at all bringing race up would have done nothing other than make the race much uglier and much dirtier. It would have started a fight nobody could win so nobody picked it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There was no good that could come from it. The instant anybody brought up Mormonism you'd see a massive increase in the "Obama is a Muslim" bullshit in response to it. Anybody at all bringing race up would have done nothing other than make the race much uglier and much dirtier. It would have started a fight nobody could win so nobody picked it.

imho, I felt like the people who would be most outraged about the specifically mormon related poo poo would/should be christian supremacists and they already waved him through for sharing the views they actually care about. Like if I said to someone who leans left "Romney has a lot of weird racial stuff from his background in Mormonism" they'd probably be thinking "He's a Republican nominee for President, I already assumed he had weird racial poo poo going on". It's just a more specific form.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So Romney is basically running as the candidate that kicked his rear end in 2012?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

So Romney is basically running as the candidate that kicked his rear end in 2012?
Never let it be said that Romneybot can't learn from his mistakes!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Didn't one of Santorum's surrogates try the whole "Mormonism isn't really Christianity" thing during the primary? I swear I remember something like that.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Oracle posted:

Never let it be said that Romneybot can't learn from his mistakes!

Romneybot 3.0, now with Empathy Chip 1.0*

*Empathy Chip is still in beta test and not under manufacturer's guarantee. May be hazardous when in use

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

blunt for century posted:

*Empathy Chip is still in beta test and not under manufacturer's guarantee. May be hazardous when in use

Oh no, the empathy chip might make him behave like his evil brother Glove Rabrterbot.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

If empathy chip can survive the Ann test, it can survive anything.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Didn't one of Santorum's surrogates try the whole "Mormonism isn't really Christianity" thing during the primary? I swear I remember something like that.

I think there were a few people on the right murmuring about it but there wasn't much of it. Romney was still a wealthy white shithead so much of the right figured "meh, whatever."

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

My Imaginary GF posted:

If empathy chip can survive the Ann test, it can survive anything.

Its failing the Touring test

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joementum posted:

The DNC will be held the week of July 25, 2016.

Has a city been announced yet?

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011

Good news, friends! I just got Romney's leaked patch notes!

Romney 3.0.3
- Quests and Environment:
Romney will now be accepting gold as his reputation with the Koch Brothers faction increases.
Resolved an issue where Romney was locked in campaign mode when not flagged for presidential run.
[Requires Election Restart] Resolved an issue where Mike Huckabee would not properly exit presidential run upon losing.
-PvP
Romney's Racial, Every Man For Himself, will now share a CD with other similar abilities (Cooldown was increased from 2 to 4 years).
- New Hampshire Primary BG
Romney will be able to queue once again for the New Hampshire Primary BG.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Lote posted:

Its failing the Touring test

Turring test passage not included in empathy chip RFP. Touring test passage was; empathy chip wildly successful at bareback European touring.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Bigotry. Hate. Bad.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Warcabbit posted:

Bigotry. Hate. Bad.

Well that's going to get him nowhere with the party base.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well that's going to get him nowhere with the party base.

*fires wadded ball of money at you*

Acrophyte
Sep 5, 2012

Respect me like Pesci
and if rap was hockey
I be Gretzky

Joementum posted:

It's OK if you don't know the correct answer, which is:

Mother nature getting her licks in on a bunch of climate-deniers. :smug:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Thanks for fixing my omission from me spacing out this morning joe.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

We're going full crazy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sara...campaign=buffer

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

What a tease. Wake me when her name appears on any ballot, anywhere.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"According to ABC, Palin was "serving wild boar chili to the homeless" at the Salvation Army in Las Vegas when she discussed her presidential ambitions."

Of course she was.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mdemone posted:

What a tease. Wake me when her name appears on any ballot, anywhere.

She'll become the national chairperson of the AIP and rebrand it to mean a whole bunch of word salad about bringing Alaska Main Street Values Of Independence And Freedom To Those Fat Cats In Warshington Dee Cee.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

She did this in 2012 too. Like Trump, she will never run because, also like him, she's too much a cowardly lightweight to get anywhere, but knows how to work the rubes.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

*fires wadded ball of money at you*

Well that just brings us back to the fundamental question: Is greed or spite the more powerful vice within the GOP (I say spite, narrowly).

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

All I read was PAY ATTENTION TO ME PAY ATTENTION TO ME loving PAY ATTENTION TO ME LOOK AT ME I'M SARAH PALIN I WANT YOU TO PAY ATTENTION TO ME AND PAY TO WATCH MY CHANNEL LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Captain_Maclaine posted:

She did this in 2012 too. Like Trump, she will never run because, also like him, she's too much a cowardly lightweight to get anywhere, but knows how to work the rubes.

Well that just brings us back to the fundamental question: Is greed or spite the more powerful vice within the GOP (I say spite, narrowly).

Spite because they turned down fully funded medicaid expansions which probably would have netted them some donorbux from Big Insurance.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If it was truly spite we would've had much more fun last presidential election.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If it was truly spite we would've had much more fun last presidential election.

Spite was the stronger emotion, but it attached to the weaker candidates.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/sarah-palin-rips-gop-leadership-deflated-balls-article-1.2089272

quote:

'It’s not just the New England Patriots who are dealing with deflated balls right now,' the former Alaska governor said Thursday in Las Vegas about Republicans in Congress.

Surprisingly I was expecting Cruz to be the first to make a balls joke.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Guess who's in Des Moines tonight.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

He's a bit embarrassed after the whole nominee fiasco. Plus the Senators sitting in the front row have taken to holding up signs away from the cameras that say "Shut" "Up" "Cruz" on the backs of their legal pads while Cruz gives speeches from the podium. Reid is even in on it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lote posted:

Plus the Senators sitting in the front row have taken to holding up signs away from the cameras that say "Shut" "Up" "Cruz" on the backs of their legal pads while Cruz gives speeches from the podium. Reid is even in on it.

This had better be true.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Joementum posted:

Guess who's in Des Moines tonight.

Yeah, I heard that on NPR earlier this evening. If I remember right, the commentator mentioned Trump in the "also attending are these weirdos and losers who no one expects much if anything from" category, though he did use slightly less blunt language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The Des Moines Carnival of Hatred will be live on C-Span at 10am tomorrow, if you dare.

• Locked thread