Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

There is no way that you can deny that Koichi looks like Gohan, especially when his hair inexplicably spikes up and he gets an aura of electricity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pomp posted:

All I know is that Echoes was definitely Toriyama as gently caress.

Echoes is the best Stand because it talks.

KILL DA HO!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It doesn't really look at all like Cell after either change forms. Sounds like some definite fan rumor stuff, but I don't honestly know.

Also I don't know why Araki decided to do it but Part 6 would have been improved by lesbians.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's those rounded bits with lines on them that make him look so Toriyama. The fact that Koichi is a midget who gets Super Saiyan hair doesn't really help a counter argument.

e: beaten like oingo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ChaosArgate posted:

There is no way that you can deny that Koichi looks like Gohan, especially when his hair inexplicably spikes up and he gets an aura of electricity.

Well the way he shows up in part five to do jack poo poo certainly sounds like Gohan.

Man you know I could see how their first forms look the goddamn same, come on.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 23, 2015

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I heard Koichi steals
NO DIGNITY!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I always read that as NO DIGGITY

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
me too and that's why i still remember it

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Last crime done even rats in the toilet will puke because of its sickness nature

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Last crime done even rats in the toilet will puke because of its sickness nature

Can someone change the thread title to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Last crime done even rats in the toilet will puke because of its sickness nature

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Thread subtitle should be, and stay, 'Get a feeling so complicated.'

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Aurain posted:

From anime thread regarding: ↑ which was swapped to this thread

Now you say it, it's so obvious, why the hell did I think it was death note.

it's happening.
THAT's what the "spoiler" was? The only way you could know there's a spoiler reference in there is if you knew what the spoiler was. Endlessly falling down the stairs was part of the original comic.

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Can someone change the thread title to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Last crime done even rats in the toilet will puke because of its sickness nature

This please. Beef Waifu. be a bro and do this.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Nessus posted:

or this, just any DUWANG thing please

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
what a beautiful duwang chew

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

THAT's what the "spoiler" was? The only way you could know there's a spoiler reference in there is if you knew what the spoiler was. Endlessly falling down the stairs was part of the original comic.

Kakyoin did you lay this egg thing apparently was apparently modeled after a part 5 panel was really all it was; but it was only a matter of time before the real spoilers started. :argh:

Nessus posted:

Please

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Pomp posted:

Kakyoin did you lay this egg thing apparently was apparently modeled after a part 5 panel was really all it was; but it was only a matter of time before the real spoilers started. :argh:

Considering something modeled after a panel that itself has no spoilers a spoiler is retarded. But you're right about the second part. Even now there's people talking about part 4 stuff.
...But please people, don't quote it and say it's a spoiler because that poo poo is even worse. Just report it or something.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Why are people saying that koichi would've died without josuke healing them? Parts 5 and 6 show that the arrow gives people way more savage wounds than makes sense, so I just assumed that getting seriously hosed up and bleeding a bunch in good shounen fashion was part of getting the stand.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

darealkooky posted:

Why are people saying that koichi would've died without josuke healing them? Parts 5 and 6 show that the arrow gives people way more savage wounds than makes sense, so I just assumed that getting seriously hosed up and bleeding a bunch in good shounen fashion was part of getting the stand.

Because he was actually dying? We saw both Rock Paper Scissors Kid and Kira being hit by the arrow and they weren't bleeding out and dying like Koichi was.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
jolyne rubbed her fingers against a corner of a chunk of the arrow and bleed out galons of blood and giorno was more concerned with getting an arrow through his hand than he was when he lost internal organs

nothing in jojo is consistent at all, but I feel like ya'll are overthinking things if you think "koichi's stand starting out as an egg is because he cheated the arrow (????)" and not just because he didn't man up and become a super saiyan yet

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i'm pretty sure it made the point that koichi was going to die without josuke intervening. other people were generally pretty fine afterwards but he was very much bleeding out and dying right there.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Considering something modeled after a panel that itself has no spoilers a spoiler is retarded. But you're right about the second part. Even now there's people talking about part 4 stuff.
...But please people, don't quote it and say it's a spoiler because that poo poo is even worse. Just report it or something.

How tasteful would it be to complain in the anime thread that Thoth spoils the end of part VI :v:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Echoes is the best Stand because it talks.

KILL DA HO!

The opponent was an Ass Fuckin' heavyweight.

:staredog:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

darealkooky posted:

jolyne rubbed her fingers against a corner of a chunk of the arrow and bleed out galons of blood and giorno was more concerned with getting an arrow through his hand than he was when he lost internal organs

nothing in jojo is consistent at all, but I feel like ya'll are overthinking things if you think "koichi's stand starting out as an egg is because he cheated the arrow (????)" and not just because he didn't man up and become a super saiyan yet

I think Okuyasu's brother literally says something along the lines that Josuke healing Koichi prevented him from just straight up dying from the arrow.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So how did Thoth predict Jotaro's face splitting open so many years before it actually happened?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
It's even funnier when you consider that the "Jotaro" from part 6 also wasn't Jotaro.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

So how did Thoth predict Jotaro's face splitting open so many years before it actually happened?

The same way it predicted 9/11.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

My Stand is 100% accurate, big brother!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Nessus posted:

I feel you! I feel you deeply! Your feeling I can feel deeply!

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Lol at people on other forums complaining that Joseph not realizing it wasn't Jotaro undermines his character because it makes him look dumb. Joseph, the man who attempted to sneak into a Nazi stronghold dressed as a woman and got pissed when it didn't work, might look dumb because of a joke episode in which he spends the time loving with his grandson without realizing it was some dude in disguise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Joseph might have known and just wanted to gently caress with Oingo because who doesn't wanna bully Oingo?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

RubberLuffy posted:

Lol at people on other forums complaining that Joseph not realizing it wasn't Jotaro undermines his character because it makes him look dumb. Joseph, the man who attempted to sneak into a Nazi stronghold dressed as a woman and got pissed when it didn't work, might look dumb because of a joke episode in which he spends the time loving with his grandson without realizing it was some dude in disguise.
It sounds like he wore it knew.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Any failure/stupidity on the part of Old Joseph is just karma for totally dominating Battle Tendency.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

My Stand is 100% accurate, big brother!
I get that, but it's only supposed to predict events in the immediate future. Maybe it's just...a coincidence?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Just finished up Stone Ocean. While I'm fine with Pucci kind of winning, I wish that more of the victory in that last fight had come from Jolyne--she didn't really have much presence in it. Also, I'm kind of confused--Pucci sped up time to the universal reset, that I understand. Is that they then enter the weird predestiny universe where Pucci is talking about resignation to fate as true happiness (except he himself can change destiny, loving up by giving Emporio Weather Report), and then dying before Cape Canaveral which is somehow significant, and then the universe resets again and we get the Ireneverse. Am I right in thinking there's three universes, or am I misinterpreting what happens at Green Dolphin Street Prison?

Also also, I just started Steel Ball Run, and I'm definitely enjoying Pocoloco's Fortunate Occurences.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Broseph Brostar posted:

How tasteful would it be to complain in the anime thread that Thoth spoils the end of part VI :v:

It spoils Bites the Dust blowing up Jotaro's face, too.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It doesn't really look at all like Cell after either change forms. Sounds like some definite fan rumor stuff, but I don't honestly know.

Also I don't know why Araki decided to do it but Part 6 would have been improved by lesbians.

Cell and Echoes were both based off of the cicada, that's why they share some visual similarities.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

While I'm fine with Pucci kind of winning, I wish that more of the victory in that last fight had come from Jolyne--she didn't really have much presence in it.
Same here. At least Josuke beat the poo poo out of Kira before Koishi and Jotaro launched him into an ambulance. Jolyne just told Emporio to survive before getting torn apart. There's only so much you can do with string, but it still makes me a bit sad.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

OTOH "A MOBIUS LOOP!?" was one of the best moments in the entire loving series

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It really became a running joke after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Jotaro getting blown the gently caress up served two purposes. It showed how powerful Kira was and it gave Jotaro the chance to make his best one liner.

"Nice watch. Too bad you won't be able to read it after I break it. Break your face that is"

• Locked thread