Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Any woman who would be interested in that probably also wore a cape in high school.

They have at least one Harley Quinn tattoos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

They have at least one Harley Quinn tattoos.
And love love LOVE them some Nightmare Before Christmas

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That rapid shooting probably doesn't get a lot behind the individual shots.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

The video shows it piercing chainmail and leather, how much do you need?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
How many bowls of water did this guy slap is what I want to know

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does she have a DeviantArt account, and would she describe herself as pansexual?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hi liter posted:

The video shows it piercing chainmail and leather, how much do you need?

Danny Brickwell.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Aphrodite posted:

Danny Brickwell.

Aim for the eye.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

I know, right, what a poser. I'd like this see this guy catch an arrow while on rollerskates, and shoot it back at another arrow coming at him, but the arrow is also in chainmail armor.

Seriously, what is wrong with goons that they can't just enjoy something that is really interesting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Goons making fun of things of the internet? What do they think, that that was the founding concept of Something Awful or something :rolleyes:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

From watching the show and seeing Ollie shoot Merlyn's arrows mid-air I always thought it was just a comic-book thing they did, like curving bullets or whatever.

Its real.

That guy actually hit an arrow out of the air with his own arrow. Holy poo poo.

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008

Rurea posted:

That guy actually hit an arrow out of the air with his own arrow. Holy poo poo.

Not only that, but he can also split an arrow in half that was shot at him by firing his own arrow at it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Skuzal posted:

Not only that, but he can also split an arrow in half that was shot at him by firing his own arrow at it.

How do you practice that?

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008

zoux posted:

Have a lot of arrows shot at you is my guess, but gently caress if I know exactly.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Timett posted:

I found this on the Reddit but it's probably the coolest thing you'll see all day. Real life Arrow poo poo.

Lars Andersen: a new level of archery: http://youtu.be/BEG-ly9tQGk

jfc using an arrow to slice an arrow in half that is being shot at him???? That is cartoonish but I just watched it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Play a game called William S. Burroughs and Joan Vollmer

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

jfc using an arrow to slice an arrow in half that is being shot at him???? That is cartoonish but I just watched it

Seriously, it's out of control.

zoux posted:

I suppose you first fire at a stationary arrow pointed towards you. Then you start shooting at an arrow moving towards you slowly, like on a roller or some sort. You keep moving it faster and faster, and then graduate to FULL ON INSANITY.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Weaker arrows shot from weaker bows.

It's in the video description.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also he threw a pop can tab and shot it out of the air, I wonder how many takes that took. I think the best part is his form looks nothing like what I've been accustomed to seeing as "proper" archery so you're thinking he is a scrub tier youtube guy showing off his lovely amazon.com katana skills in his backyard. Then he starts nailing headshots while riding on the back of a motorcycle and shooting 3 arrows within a 1 second little jump. That guy is a beast, he should consult for Arrow.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Also he threw a pop can tab and shot it out of the air, I wonder how many takes that took. I think the best part is his form looks nothing like what I've been accustomed to seeing as "proper" archery so you're thinking he is a scrub tier youtube guy showing off his lovely amazon.com katana skills in his backyard. Then he starts nailing headshots while riding on the back of a motorcycle and shooting 3 arrows within a 1 second little jump. That guy is a beast, he should consult for Arrow.
But he won't, because as many people have pointed out in this thread, it looks dorky and wrong, even to the trained eye.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, Ollie can already shoot superhumanly fast thanks to camera tricks. No need to look like an idiot doing it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In real life street fights are basically two people rolling on the ground sticking fingers in holes. Realism does not make for good TV.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, Ollie can already shoot superhumanly fast thanks to camera tricks. No need to look like an idiot doing it.

We've just been trained to think he looks like an idiot though, his results clearly speak for themselves. He isn't shooting traditionally, he is shooting like a soldier would, which is how Arrow should fire imo. Not like a locked-in-place olympian. Traditional archery technique is for standing still while shooting at an awkward angle, but this guy is shooting the way the Lord of the Rings guys would have done it in all likeliness. I'd really like to see a mixup of this guy and Ollie's current style, I am just super impressed with that video.

I mean this guy was my previous go-to gif for cool archery:

But only one arrow shot? Pfft get the gently caress out of here I got a new hero.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Plus, the short draws? Ollie isn't trying to shoot through three guys at once or penetrate skulls and sternums. He's going for disabling shots. A short-draw is plenty for sailing a stick a few inches into someone's shoulder or leg.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

zoux posted:

In real life street fights are basically two people rolling on the ground sticking fingers in holes. Realism does not make for good TV.

I'll thank you to keep my love life out of the thread please

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

We've just been trained to think he looks like an idiot though, his results clearly speak for themselves. He isn't shooting traditionally, he is shooting like a soldier would, which is how Arrow should fire imo. Not like a locked-in-place olympian. Traditional archery technique is for standing still while shooting at an awkward angle, but this guy is shooting the way the Lord of the Rings guys would have done it in all likeliness. I'd really like to see a mixup of this guy and Ollie's current style, I am just super impressed with that video.

I mean this guy was my previous go-to gif for cool archery:

But only one arrow shot? Pfft get the gently caress out of here I got a new hero.

Flip is not a sideways roll? Pfft get the gently caress out of here.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
I'm sorry but I keep laughing when Felicity just turns off the lights on Diggle and Roy. I just imagine the next scene is Roy and Diggle looking at each other, like, what the hell, we are still in here. I understand Felicity is sad about Oliver, but that's just rude.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AgentHaiTo posted:

I'm sorry but I keep laughing when Felicity just turns off the lights on Diggle and Roy. I just imagine the next scene is Roy and Diggle looking at each other, like, what the hell, we are still in here. I understand Felicity is sad about Oliver, but that's just rude.

She's the tech person. Lights are technology.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Aphrodite posted:

She's the tech person. Lights are technology.

Roy and Diggle proceed to break literally everything bumbling around to try and find a light switch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flipping switches should be Roy's job.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Aphrodite posted:

:golfclap:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aphrodite posted:

oh gently caress you hahahahahahahahahah

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lars Anderson > Stephen Amell, Legolas, Hawkeye, etc., etc. Jeremy Renner/Hawkeye especially looks like scrub with his fuckin' "go-go gadget" arrows and poo poo compared to Lars doing drive by arrowings and shooting on roller skates.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hawkeye actually makes that silly no look shot which has to be the hardest thing any of those characters (and that real person) are shown doing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Aphrodite posted:

Hawkeye actually makes that silly no look shot which has to be the hardest thing any of those characters (and that real person) are shown doing.

I bet the arrow he used to make that shot had like an aim assist GPS lock laser guidance system or something since Clint is such a scrubby superhero.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

teagone posted:

I bet the arrow he used to make that shot had like an aim assist GPS lock laser guidance system or something since Clint is such a scrubby superhero.

Bro, is on now, bro.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Quoting the comic to argue against Hawkeye being a loser is some weird logic.

The comic is about him being a loser. It reinforces that he's a loser.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
And yet, great at boats.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
He's lame as a superhero and terrible as a human being, but do not impugn his skills as an archer. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Phylodox posted:

He's lame as a superhero and terrible as a human being, but do not impugn his skills as an archer. :colbert:

He's good at exactly one thing you guys, let him have that at least.

• Locked thread