Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

epitasis posted:

I haven't listened to Austin in a long time, did he ever get around to actually watching good wrestling and talking about it eg nxt or njpw or no

On the PWTorch Livecast he said he watched Ibushi vs Nakamura. He called it what he likes to call a ***3/4 match. As he felt the match didn't flow. Before anyone jumps on that. He was watching the English version of the show and a lot of people felt the English call of the match sucked a lot of the drama away from the story in the ring. Also he was full of the obvious praise for Nakamura. It wasn't him being an out of touch wrestler or anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is Jericho's interview with Lanny Poffo of any value?

It's fine, Lanny tends to go off on tangents and Jericho has to draw him back to the original point, and Lanny's self-effacing thing can get a little old, but there are some neat stories and as Lanny warms up things get a lot better. More than anything though it hammers home just what an enormous and dominating presence Randy was in his life.

Also I really wish I could see the Terry Funk/Andre the Giant match he talks about.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

OSW released their newest mailbag episode. I tapped out around the second part when they talk about wrestling because they come off like the typical unhappy smark who is never happy with anything wrestling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dave being Dave:
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/558784790564855808

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

That guy must be a real hit at parties.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I like this Dave exchange better:
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/558783292317503488

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dave fuckin owns

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

epitasis posted:

Dave fuckin owns

Amen.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Dave is hilarious. All hail Dave.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave owns :allears:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I just started listening to Bryan and Vinny(and I guess Dave) on Youtube a couple weeks ago while I play World of Warcraft like a tough, virile man and I'm hooked. Guys, Bryan and Vinny were NOT having fun watching Impact a few years ago, ICYMI.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Watching Bryan livetweet a ghost hunt is hilarious

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

schweens posted:

Watching Bryan livetweet a ghost hunt is hilarious

There is nothing that is not funny about that sentence.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i know people made fun of bryan for never writing anything for his own newsletter but this week he did and if thats the caliber of stuff he's capable of i'm quite happy with him never doing it ever again

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

LordPants posted:

That guy must be a real hit at parties.

Dave is always welcome at my party's.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Spermgod posted:

i know people made fun of bryan for never writing anything for his own newsletter but this week he did and if thats the caliber of stuff he's capable of i'm quite happy with him never doing it ever again

I know Bix gets a lot of eyerolls around here, but I think the newsletter got drastically better (like from trash to eh I'll skim through it) when he took over and Alan and Mr. Lucha started contributing more. Bryan's a p bad writer outside of Death of WCW

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
I'm not really clear on what people's problem with Bix is other than his editorialising in the news updates where it's not appropriate - would anyone care to explain? I thought Cageside Seats used to be a pretty good site when he was running it and quickly went to poo poo when he left.

edit: Why does Bryan talk about NJPW when he doesn't even watch it outside of extremely select matches

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 24, 2015

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I know Bix gets a lot of eyerolls around here, but I think the newsletter got drastically better (like from trash to eh I'll skim through it) when he took over and Alan and Mr. Lucha started contributing more. Bryan's a p bad writer outside of Death of WCW

And he's a really bad writer INSIDE Death of WCW.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Karma Tornado posted:

And he's a really bad writer INSIDE Death of WCW.

Dave isn't much better. That whole enterprise needs editors.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Vinny and Granny both ate horse meat.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

CombineThresher posted:

Dave isn't much better. That whole enterprise needs editors.

idk if he's much better but he's significantly less obnoxious at least. that bryan article in the latest f4w is unreadable with all the ALL CAPS all over the place

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Do not even ask posted:

OSW released their newest mailbag episode. I tapped out around the second part when they talk about wrestling because they come off like the typical unhappy smark who is never happy with anything wrestling.

This has been getting a problem in later episodes. There are times when they seem so dismissive of a lot of later stuff. It's weird comparing them and the AEPodcast on that UK PPV that I can't remember now since the AE guys have a lot more fun with it while admitting the products shortcomings, while the OSW guys are just like 'This is boring and not funny so whatever'. The AE crew seem a lot more open-minded (And it goes both ways since two of them were convinced that the New Age Outlaws were awesome, and then slowly come to realise they're maybe not).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

I'm not really clear on what people's problem with Bix is other than his editorialising in the news updates where it's not appropriate - would anyone care to explain? I thought Cageside Seats used to be a pretty good site when he was running it and quickly went to poo poo when he left.

edit: Why does Bryan talk about NJPW when he doesn't even watch it outside of extremely select matches

My disdain for him began when he made a giant fuss about Tanahashi going into the HoF and I believe threatened to submit a blank ballot to try to keep him out.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Tanahashi rules and I love him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not to alarm anyone but possible news about F4W's best writer:

End of an era?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i loathe ed from san antonio with my entire being

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

rovert posted:

End of an era?

n-nooo

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

rovert posted:

End of an era?

rip fresh babinsacks

somebody tell bruno his stalker lost his job

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cardboard Box posted:

"if you've got something on your mind and maybe you're sick of listening to Ed call in, what are you waiting for?"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They have one guy who keeps calling in about SHINE and I refuse to believe he doesn't jerk off to the matches

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't we used to have a women's wrestling thread here that mods closed because it got too creepy?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Cardboard Box posted:

Bryans comment after he called in on the 23rd was spot on when he questioned how the promoters of Shine feel about someone like Ed trying to promote their iPPVs.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

EugeneJ posted:

Didn't we used to have a women's wrestling thread here that mods closed because it got too creepy?

The DDS Memorial thread is still open

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Karmine posted:

Which cut was it?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Benoit Truther on last week's After Dark with Karl Stern!

"No knife was used in the murders."
"I don't know if that's possible to know because no one saw the murders."
"We have the police reports."
"But how do you know how someone died if you don't see it?"
"None of the bodies had been cut into."
"Blackmail someone with the knife."

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

Karmine posted:

Did they both pay a visit to Alastair Overeem's house?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

WTF say it ain't so, babinsack!!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This full week of Observer live has been great just for Bryan's increasingly annoyed reactions to hearing "this is Ryan from Cumberland, Maryland"

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
A friend of mine is doing a radio show soon with Shane Douglas I guess. Any suggested questions?

Side note: when they had terry funk on they got in trouble because he kept saying wetbacks

schweens fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

This full week of Observer live has been great just for Bryan's increasingly annoyed reactions to hearing "this is Ryan from Cumberland, Maryland"

Yeah. "*sigh* what have you got for us today, Ryan?"

• Locked thread