Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
The Judgements are in! Thank you Judges!

That means in the next day or so the December photo album will be posted, and the Judges will begin scrutinizing all the submissions by the end of the week!

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath: 5 Trollkin Champions
Privateer Press.

Oath Accepted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

krushgroove posted:

The Judgements are in! Thank you Judges!

That means in the next day or so the December photo album will be posted, and the Judges will begin scrutinizing all the submissions by the end of the week!

Oh no! That puts us close to being caught up. Dangerously close!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Space Marine Banner Bearer

Dreadnought

Dreadnought

Librarian

I'm claiming both this month's Journal (Freehand) and Fly Your Flag! bonuses on the banner bearer. There's some progress shots found here for anyone interested.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oathing a converted C'tan:

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I, Android, Oath 3 slashers and 1 "bandido" (Flying Frog , 28mm)

Thanks Germ and Bachtere for the judgements, it made my day!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing a converted C'tan:

Android posted:

I, Android, Oath 3 slashers and 1 "bandido" (Flying Frog , 28mm)

Oaths Accepted!

Germ posted:

Oh no! That puts us close to being caught up. Dangerously close!

Oh...well we can't let that happen! :P

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For January I'm oathing this 40k dreadnought

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi guys! Sorry I sort of went AWOL on this thread for... uh, over six months. I had to focus on Bronzestabbed or it would never have gotten finished, and it's been kind of nice taking a break from painting (although also terrible).

Anyway, I saw one or two questions about the Whales prize go by, so I figured I'd address them.

-You get one entry per original Oath that was failed during this year's thread, and then completed at a later date during this year's thread.
-There is no requirement to complete the Oath in any particular paint scheme; you can change what you originally intended or whatever, that's fine.
-You can't claim points of any kind with a Whales'd oath. If you had been doing a bonus point thing, but you failed the oath, you can still Whales it, but you'll have to do that bonus point thing on some other valid, completed-on-time oath, if you want to get those points.

I'll be keeping current with this thread going forward, so please post if you have any further questions about the Whales contest.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath Complete!

Claiming journal for the hand painted banner and shoulder-pad icon, and doubling up with fly your flag.

There's still a week left for me to go back and correct mistakes and sloppy highlighting, but work's getting rough and I don't want to risk forgetting to make an oath complete post so I'll settle. I had a lot of fun painting the banner. Even though it's poor vs the quality of most of the painters in this thread, I've never been good at drawing so I think I'm at least up to the 2nd grade level now.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
For January, I oath one Orc Boar Rider from Games Workshop.

It's pathetic, but I'm super late and I need to at least do something.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Deanut Pancer posted:

For January I'm oathing this 40k dreadnought

Haydrian posted:

For January, I oath one Orc Boar Rider from Games Workshop.

Oaths Accepted!

Leperflesh: Thanks! I'll add this info to the OP, or link to it

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I, Vermintide, oath for Jan these two skaven/ratman banner dudes, one of which clearly needs more skulls in his outfit. (GW/??? 25mm)

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Question, I have a molded base for my Space Marine that I forgot to include in the initial oath. Do I need to snap a picture to make sure everything is ok?

E: Just gonna add in the base picture here, hope that's all kosher.

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 24, 2015

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath this Reaper 28mm "Visbaronetess Delour Aulamaxa" and associated diorama materials.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
Yo, guess who forgot it was Oath day;

I, FROOOOOOOOG Oath 2 Zombies, 3 Mummies, 2 Skeletons, a Wight and a Lich

(Reaper Bones, still)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Hey, is there any ETA on the games and gears prize? They seem to be shipping normally now, and was wondering if there was any news.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide, oath for Jan these two skaven/ratman banner dudes, one of which clearly needs more skulls in his outfit. (GW/??? 25mm)

Pyrolocutus posted:

Question, I have a molded base for my Space Marine that I forgot to include in the initial oath. Do I need to snap a picture to make sure everything is ok?

E: Just gonna add in the base picture here, hope that's all kosher.
You're fine, but thanks for posing a pic of the base! If it were a plain base you'd be even more fine and wouldn't have to worry about it at all, but as it has some details on it then yeah it makes sense to Oath it.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath this Reaper 28mm "Visbaronetess Delour Aulamaxa" and associated diorama materials.

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

Yo, guess who forgot it was Oath day;

I, FROOOOOOOOG Oath 2 Zombies, 3 Mummies, 2 Skeletons, a Wight and a Lich
(Reaper Bones, still)
Oaths Accepted!

:siren: And yes! Tonight at 12 midnight (American Samoan time) is the deadline for new Oaths! :siren:

LazyAngel posted:

Hey, is there any ETA on the games and gears prize? They seem to be shipping normally now, and was wondering if there was any news.
You know, I wish I knew...communication with them is super-spotty (last communication literally back in May, and no responses to emails sent since) and I'm on the verge of just dropping them in favor of Springer-Pinsel (who are the OEM supplier of Army Painter brushes).

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:britain: OATH COMPLETE! :britain:

and here's a closeup showing this month's free-hand JURNAL, the corporal and lance corporal's rank stripes:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Let's start out small.

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one chaos marine on a horse. GW minature, 28mm.

Converted Chaos Knight kit with 40k chaos space marine backpack, arms with pads and head. Regular marine grav gun.

Might as well add something to my oath.

I WhiteOutMouse add another two chaos marines on a horse to my oath GW minature, 28mm.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Might as well add something to my oath.

I WhiteOutMouse add another two chaos marines on a horse to my oath GW minature, 28mm.

Oath Accepted!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a Ghordson Earthbreaker from PP for the month of January.

Personal life has calmed down, lets do this.

OATH ADDITION

Melpomene from Dark Sword Miniatures

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

OATH ADDITION

Melpomene from Dark Sword Miniatures

Oath Accepted!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:vomarine: January oath completed! :vomarine:

Claiming themed group.

Claiming INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL: Freehand!
Claiming NTRabbit 2015 give away using the Orkish numbering system

Fake Edit: Hey krushgroove my December oath and completed oath and my January oath pics are missing as imgur poo poo the bed (apparently) should I repost them here or what do you want me to do?

Real edit:
Claiming Backstory

In the grim dark future there is only war, or if you are an ork, only Waaagh! The trouble with unending warfare is that there is very little down time to fix things, even less if the “thing” in question is a Mega-Nob named Wazgrim Skargob the Unstoppable; who is in fact next to unstoppable! Skargob simply cannot be compelled to stop fighting by anything or anyone except Warboss Gorgul, and as he sees it, why should he cramp Skargob’s style when he’s such an excellent psychotic killing machine? This left the warband’s Big Mek in a jam, Skargob never slowed down for repairs, even when substantial bits of his armor has been shot or hacked off. After much consideration the Mek decided that rather than spend his every moment on the battle field playing nurse to Skargob’s various breakdowns, he would train some oiler grots to follow Skargob around and do field repairs whenever the Mega Armour seized up or otherwise failed. The Mek was quite pleased at this solution as the Warboss would be happy, Skargob would be happy and he would be free to continue to pilot his beloved Big Stompa; everybody wins, except maybe the grots, but who cares? They’re only grots.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 26, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

gently caress, my machine crashed while I was doing this and then I forgot to do it again, hope I'm not too late for an Oath Addition

1 Rebs Strider for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

Plus all the bases I forgot to put in my original oath photo. If I am too late, well, at least these are proof for the bases

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'll hold off painting it until I hear otherwise from you Krushgroove, also yay an entrant, I thought everyone was going to ignore it :ohdear:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is the 15 contest this month only? I assumed the drawings would be at the end of the season.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

gently caress, my machine crashed while I was doing this and then I forgot to do it again, hope I'm not too late for an Oath Addition

1 Rebs Strider for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

Plus all the bases I forgot to put in my original oath photo. If I am too late, well, at least these are proof for the bases
Ehhh, your post is super late but your timestamp is fine, so I'll go ahead and call this Oath Accepted

moths posted:

Is the 15 contest this month only? I assumed the drawings would be at the end of the season.

The month-by-month contests are done at the end of each month, like last time.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It wasn't announced as a monthly contest. :(

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sorry, it was announced as a 'one-off prize', meaning just for January...there's still time to put a number or something on any models until the end of the month, though!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

moths posted:

It wasn't announced as a monthly contest. :(

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=126301&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post439896623

E: krushgroove my December oath and completed oath and my January oath pics are missing as imgur poo poo the bed (apparently) should I repost them here or what do you want me to do?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oath Complete

Bonus BattleShot™

I tried to improve the base a bit with some highlights on top of the pigments, but now it's looking a little too pink for my tastes. Really need to buy a new charger for my camera, as the Nexus 6 doesn't have a great one.

No monthly theme, the OSL was enough outside my comfort zone. Didn't want to screw it up with bad freehand.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH COMPLETE

Jurnal is the pseudo-hieroglyphics on the tablet being carried by the Anubis-headed marine. I'd also like to claim Fly your Flag for this (although Display your Rock might be a more literally accurate name) as it's supposed to count as a chaos icon in-game.

Close-up of the freehand, as well as the Thousand Son's shoulderpads, just because I'm inordinately pleased for some reason with how they came out:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
Bit washed out this time; need to find something to tone down the table lamp.

And for the Jurnal, the insignia on the flying bases;

And slightly better shots of the minis;

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Jurnal is the hazard stripes and checks:

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Oath Complete!

And some work in progress shots:

Journal: The creepy painting is all freehand!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

Oath Complete!

Holy poo poo, this is a thing of wonder

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

Oath Complete!

Jesus, I thought the man was painted on in that first shot. This is all quite fantastic.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

Oath Complete!

I love your stuff :allears:

Oath Complete!

Claiming Themed Group for the Nomads stuff, the Journal for the flames and faction symbols, one-off prize for the Gecko numbers.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

One guy got some of the weird looking white warpaint that they have in the official art. This is for the journal.

Starting to look pretty good when I play the game. This is for In Battle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

Oath Complete!

:catstare:

• Locked thread