Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

This is actually the most frustrating thing in the world. I've lost probably 20 battles where I outnumber the French 2 to 1 and my general has one or two more shock pips, but they solidly win the battle without even taking 50% casualties. What the gently caress?

Post pictures of the battle screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Post pictures of the battle screen.

I think I'm just getting super unlucky because my dude keeps rolling 3 or 4 after another while the Frenchie keeps getting 9's and 8's. I'll screenshot this poo poo next time I get pwned. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I think I'm just getting super unlucky because my dude keeps rolling 3 or 4 after another while the Frenchie keeps getting 9's and 8's. I'll screenshot this poo poo next time I get pwned. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing.

Pretty sure lucky nations get better roll chances, but how are your army compositions?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

Pretty sure lucky nations get better roll chances, but how are your army compositions?

it's 1444 so it's just a big pile of infantry with some cavalry for a flank

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
what units do u guys pick in eu4? I used to pick for offensive shock for cav, fire for arty and morale for inf but now I'm tryingshock defense for inf to maybe save on manpower and idk if it's working

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
also i have two protestant leagues in my game and i cant pass reforms and have no CB against cologne, bitch leader of protestant league 2

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Good lord. Take this idiocy to games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love playing these games but I've never actually reached the "end" of a file.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I love playing these games but I've never actually reached the "end" of a file.

I have once, in a Roman Empire run. I wasn't too far from the end so I continued on for the survivor achievement, forgetting I started at the alexiad bookmark. :negative:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Average Bear posted:

they do not

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

they do get +1 to fire and shock though, unless that was removed.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

GreyPowerVan posted:

Yeah, I think their generals still get that +1 bonus.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

oh woops i didnt finish that one i guess. i dont have my finished screen anymore

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

GreyPowerVan posted:

They do yeah. They also get cheaper mercs which is one of the reasons Lucky Burgundy is worse to fight than France imho.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I have once, in a Roman Empire run. I wasn't too far from the end so I continued on for the survivor achievement, forgetting I started at the alexiad bookmark. :negative:

Nice. Furthest I got was in EU4 with Japan, when I wanted the Japanese to be the settlers of the new world. I took over most of the west coast and Mexico and could probably just keep playing but I got bored

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Nice. Furthest I got was in EU4 with Japan, when I wanted the Japanese to be the settlers of the new world. I took over most of the west coast and Mexico and could probably just keep playing but I got bored

My Inca game got all the way to like 1700 but I'm pretty bored now, because all that's left is filling up California and Mexico and the scraps of Asia. All I do is fight the occasional bush war against Portugal or France's colonial nations because they are both weak as gently caress and Spain has something crazy like 380 base tax so I stay the gently caress away from them with my 50-year-behind troops.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

My Inca game got all the way to like 1700 but I'm pretty bored now, because all that's left is filling up California and Mexico and the scraps of Asia. All I do is fight the occasional bush war against Portugal or France's colonial nations because they are both weak as gently caress and Spain has something crazy like 380 base tax so I stay the gently caress away from them with my 50-year-behind troops.

The new world expansion was cool and I had a fun North American Native game going for a long time, warring with tribes and such. Then the first contact with the english happened and they just declared war and wiped me out in like 3 years lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmfao

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

wait, does whatever mod you're playing make the taiping rebellion (heavenly kingdom) actually work?

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
Heavenly kingdom works in /gsg/ at least, dunno if it's a NNM thing.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

but did you stop the boats

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
How does Byz work for 1.9. The ottos just sit outside Constantinople and Poland is functionally retarded sending stacks of 6 one by one to be wiped out.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Spiderfist Island posted:

Speaking of the Axis being incompetent, a while back one of the HOI4 devs posted this screenshot from an alpha build:

By the looks of it, Italy's AI is going to be modeled correctly this time around!

:lol:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
holy gently caress. After 3 truce breaking wars and 30 years of constant war, this is what came out of my byz run

bulgaria was my opm vassal who got all the bulgar lands once otto collapsed, ottos got converted by orthodox zealots, and after bankruptcy I have hella cash. Not the best start but lol

edit: those are ottoman peasants going to loot the lands of the armyless turk

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

holy gently caress. After 3 truce breaking wars and 30 years of constant war, this is what came out of my byz run

bulgaria was my opm vassal who got all the bulgar lands once otto collapsed, ottos got converted by orthodox zealots, and after bankruptcy I have hella cash. Not the best start but lol

edit: those are ottoman peasants going to loot the lands of the armyless turk

You should make the orthodox ottomans your friend and closest ally.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

what the gently caress paradox, once you reform zunism you can't walk under the sun any more? what the gently caress is wrong with you retards

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reforming anything besides Tengri and Norse is pretty much a worthless quest. I love how last-second and half-baked Zunism is, though. West African is still my favorite for being totally, completely useless in every way, even if you reform it. What's the point?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

well the game is called "crusader kings" not "ungabunga witchdoctors" :rolleyes:

e: it's still hard for me to accept that they remove the one single unique mechanic the zunists have when you take them into not worthless and pathetic territory

oh well i hope that the reformed norse curia thing that dumbfuck dev in the games thread is working on is added soon! :downs:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I too hope the Norse Flykir goes from being a fun and cool reward for uniting the Norse religion and instead becomes a worthless peace of poo poo that nobody will ever care about again.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

:pwn:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lol

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey posted:

what the gently caress paradox, once you reform zunism you can't walk under the sun any more? what the gently caress is wrong with you retards

turns out i'm the retarded one, you can still walk under the sun, the option just wasn't there that time for some reason.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i hope hoi4 cures the aids i got from 3

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
p sure its going to transform into hyperactive malignant fail aids

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I forgot how amazing HRE coalitions are when it's none of the big hitters and it's a million tiny lovely countries, none with a force limit higher than like 6. Sure, my four-province Hamburg was no match, but Poland and Austria both jumped in, so I annex half the coalition and immediately started a new one. :whatup:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

El Wombato posted:

Heavenly kingdom works in /gsg/ at least, dunno if it's a NNM thing.

It's from NNM yeah. It happens in my retarded mod which is mostly ripped off of that

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

BBJoey posted:

but did you stop the boats

I conquered most of the boat people sources I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

lmao