Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Elmnt80 posted:

So, some dude posted offering to trade his bike for a boat on craigslist, but made the horrible mistake of mispelling boat as boar. I've decided to see if he's still willing to trade. :unsmigghh:

CL Ad: http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa/4860638733.html

My response:

Its me, I'm that terrible person you have to deal with on craigslist.

Joke's gonna be on you when he actually does want a large swine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Your boar for my busa bro

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I'd give him a harley for the boar.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Any other NEAI goons gonna head out later for snow shenanigans?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Spent a few hours changing out a pitman arm on my Rover. gently caress doing that job ever again.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Joke's gonna be on you when he actually does want a large swine.

Then I'll ask him if a zebra is an acceptable alternative.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Overheard someone at the next table say "They oughta put dat NI@@ER in his place" last night.

Yaaaaaay racism is awesome.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
If I posted every instant of blatant racism I heard everyday I wouldn't have time to do anything else at work

The highlight of this week being MLK day and all was my coworkers naming off other black activists to assassinate so we can get the rest of the week off

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've barely been going out and this just reaffirms that decision.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

loving dying at Impractical Jokers right now.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I need to stop looking at the auto auctions. It pretty much nixed looking at craigslist (and the cars are all in about the same condition)

What is the saying... Bentleys are for the drivers and Rolls for the Passengers? :wotwot:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

What is the saying... Bentleys are for the drivers and Rolls for the Passengers? :wotwot:

Stop saying or even thinking about that right now for you own goddamn sake.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Motronic posted:

Im dumb, but I am not dumb enough to buy one. I have enough abuse with rovers.

No, I think its going to be something american the next time around. Either a Trans Am or a Mustang. But I am leaning towards the Mustang, just on the fact that people are asking stupid money for ratted out F-Bodies.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 24, 2015

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

I'm dumb enough to buy one.

and you know exactly loving why.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm dumb enough to buy one.

and you know exactly loving why.

Please tell me its for burn outs. Burn outs everywhere.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Please tell me its for burn outs. Burn outs everywhere.

4 wheel drive burnouts.

from all of the torques.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
thats what I am talking about.

Also, I need to get a strap wrench. gently caress these front shocks and rusty nuts. I also need to get tie rods done as well. The whole front end is getting rebuilt on this pig. loving PO neglect.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*cough*

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rscott posted:

If I posted every instant of blatant racism I heard everyday I wouldn't have time to do anything else at work

The highlight of this week being MLK day and all was my coworkers naming off other black activists to assassinate so we can get the rest of the week off

Jesus fuckin Christ man

Come out to the coast, you'll fit in here

Seriously, come work at the lazy B, we squeeze our suppliers and reap the benefits with high wages and great benefits

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I think it was already dead dude.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Wont lie 13", that looks a metric shittonne better than the mi goreng i just had for lunch :(

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm having baked chicken and boiled vegetables.

that thing. that looks loving amazing.

loving. amazing

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

thats what I am talking about.

Also, I need to get a strap wrench. gently caress these front shocks and rusty nuts. I also need to get tie rods done as well. The whole front end is getting rebuilt on this pig. loving PO neglect.

Things I do about rotten shocks and stuck stem nuts on same:
Use your largest pair of channel locks on them until they stop spinning.
Just dremel the drat nut in half on two sides and smash the halves off with a hammer and chisel.
Cut the stem with an angle grinder or boltcutters.

It is going in the scrap pile anyways... 130 bucks a ton is 130 bucks a ton. Use every dirty trick and destructive removal technique in the book :v:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
you should have seen todays pitman arm replacement.... Down a grinding wheel already, luckily, they had them on sale at menards.

Also, gently caress yes to air tools, why the hell haven't I had this in the past?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Thw world just lost one big black catte. A very much loved Stig who instead of lingering as age rotted his organs, decided to greet the Grim Reaper of Cats on his own terms and attacked a car. Of course the car won but Stig was the very definition of a cat with 9 lives and he lived far FAR longer than he should have so while there is sorrow, there is still celebration that he had a much longer life than he should have as a kitten he was abandoned at a demolition site only to be caught and gaven a warm home. Let alone how he cheated death at least four more times in the ensuring years. No truer example of how tough Australian feral cat truly are. We're pretty certain he went out at the time he chose and finally allowed death to catch up with him.

Nearly 15 but always the cat that stopped me from doing something incredibly stupid years ago. If we live to be as cankerous and old as you did, we will have done well.

And now he's up there meowing the Gates down demanding to be fed.

RIP Stig, hope to see you one day many years in the future.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I'm sorry CT, the loss of a pet always sucks.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Cat Terrist posted:

Thw world just lost one big black catte. A very much loved Stig who instead of lingering as age rotted his organs, decided to greet the Grim Reaper of Cats on his own terms and attacked a car.

RIP Stig. The cat, the myth, the legend.

You mean old bastard, I hope you're happy now.

I'm deeply sorry, CT.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Some say that he tried catnip once, but didn't inhale... and that he once used a Ferrari as a litter box. All we know is, he's called The Stig!

Condolences, CT.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

My condolences as well, CT. I still miss my fat, lazy old cat that I had years back. We raised him from birth when his mom had him while she was still with us. That guy got me through a lovely highschool life, I know how much it sucks to lose a pet who's that important you :/

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

BraveUlysses posted:

Jesus fuckin Christ man

Come out to the coast, you'll fit in here

Seriously, come work at the lazy B, we squeeze our suppliers and reap the benefits with high wages and great benefits

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I forgot, the largest auto swap meet in northern CA is going on this weekend. Tons of cars/parts for drat near everything including obscure stuff in Turlock, CA: http://www.turlockswapmeet.com

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I want this so drat badly it's not even funny.

http://www.japaneseclassicsllc.com/1989-custom-nissan-sunny-truck-4-speed-11995.html

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Found out today that I got a promotion to Supervisor along with a nice raise and annual bonus. Happily I'll still get to continue working at least a certain amount on high level analysis, but while also getting to coordinate my team, our budget and all of the software we work on.

Keep fightin' the good fight AI

I really want a burger with rings from that place 13 is at.

edit: RIP Stig cat, may you get the best of that car in kitty heaven.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Holy poo poo that website is like my teenage wet dreams come to life.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

CT, you truly are a Cat Terrist, aren't you?

RIP The Stig. :smith:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Quite A Tool posted:

Holy poo poo that website is like my teenage wet dreams come to life.

No poo poo, I just spent way too much time wanting the wierdest JDM things.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Pricing thermostats on Rockauto and Amazon. A Duralast from Autozone is $20 w/gasket. The dealer wants $63 without the gasket.

The OEM thermostat is $30 on Amazon, with gasket, shipped. An AC Delco Professional (i.e. someone paid to get the Delco name stamped on it) is $15 on RockAuto, $17 on Amazon shipped. There are also Gates and Stant options on Rockauto and Amazon for under $20. One of the Gates options is listed as "OE Exact".

There's also an outlet seal that I need (since the outlet tube has to be disconnected from the housing), but it's a whole $2.

What Would AI Do<tm>?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ugh, what did you just do to me

That Honda kei car is awesome

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

some texas redneck posted:

Pricing thermostats on Rockauto and Amazon. A Duralast from Autozone is $20 w/gasket. The dealer wants $63 without the gasket.

The OEM thermostat is $30 on Amazon, with gasket, shipped. An AC Delco Professional (i.e. someone paid to get the Delco name stamped on it) is $15 on RockAuto, $17 on Amazon shipped. There are also Gates and Stant options on Rockauto and Amazon for under $20. One of the Gates options is listed as "OE Exact".

There's also an outlet seal that I need (since the outlet tube has to be disconnected from the housing), but it's a whole $2.

What Would AI Do<tm>?

Use whichever part is cheapest, since that's what GM did at the factory :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

freelop posted:

I'm just getting a feel for the land before the main event

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29755551

I'm wondering quite where they're going to do this as the road surface on the ring road and virtually all surrounding roads isn't exactly safe for racing around at high speed. Like the start of your vid, if you take that ramp a bit faster your car physically hops sideways over every join in the road. I guess if nothing else we'll get to see lots of wrecked cars! :v:

• Locked thread