Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I'm deeming this "stupid poo poo that's not going to happen in a fantastic way":

https://www.reddit.com/r/editthegame/comments/2tevp8/our_crazy_idea/

A reddit user & game dev has an idea to run a game company. Wow, zany right? Well actually it is, but only because he says this:

quote:

we've been working on a system to allow players to... I dunno the right word, co-own? A game company with the developers. In other words, you guys would vote in a subreddit for content you wanted to see in the game, and suggest stuff too, and also be in control of how the game and company and we are funded. We'd all run a game company together - us, the developers, and you, the players. We (meaning us and you) would be responsible for stuff like figuring out how to keep us (the developers) afloat during development.

quote:

Now imagine if there was a whole company that worked that way, top to bottom, everything from the design of the website, to whether the game is funded with ads or donations, to the shape of the main character's... lasso? Bow? ...To what platform should be prioritized for the next release.

A hivemind controlling the destiny of a company :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lblitzer posted:

I'm deeming this "stupid poo poo that's not going to happen in a fantastic way":

A reddit user & game dev has an idea to run a game company. Wow, zany right? Well actually it is, but only because he says this:

Pardon my French but dis gon be gud.

If it even ever remotely takes off. Though it probably won't. :smith:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lblitzer posted:

If there's one thing that means a strong, stable, worthwhile company, it's completely and utterly lacking any sort of vision.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lblitzer posted:

He's invented shareholding.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Shintaro posted:

It's okay that he paints nails, see, because he also as an enormous penis.

Ya. It wouldn't be truly manly if he was something faggy like a stay at home dad or a chef

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

davidspackage posted:

He's invented shareholding.

Oh, come on, that's only been around for like 500 years! How could he be expected to keep up with every economic development of the past millennium?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

quote:

My lovely wife to be seems to insanely difficult to kill and leaves a wake of bodies in her path. Sometimes intentional, usually not.

Okay, background: She served as a Marine, got attached to an infantry line platoon....twice, in order to handle female detainees.
She has been shot multiple times.
She has been stabbed.
She has been caught in two different explosions.
She has survived catastrophic injury as a result of a massive IED. (Skull fracture, nearly severed right leg, two broken vertebrae and numerous lacerations, muscular damage, and TBI)
She has been forced to kill.
She has had her friends' (sic) blood and brain matter spattered across her face.
She lost a fiance to an IED.
She has survived some the worse kind of men outside of combat.
She has been hit by cars.
She has attempted suicide several times and somehow her chosen method failed.
She has given birth to two children.
She has a knack for being on scene at horrible and usually fatal car wrecks where she acts as a first responder.
She just messaged me about a mustang that rammed into a traffic control box at about 45mph. She likely saved the woman's life by responding with the medical training she received from the Marine Corps nearly a decade ago.

I am proud of her, she has triumphed over the worst humanity has to offer.
She also makes me worry a lot.

I love her, and I'm going to marry her.
Thank you for reading, if you did.

mhm aha

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Jan 24, 2015

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

You get that suicidal, murderous, two kid having witch, amigo. :cheers:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oops I deleted the bit where he calls her his wife, I put it back in. Is lying really so difficult that the ycan't keep their story straight for more than a few sentences?

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Oops I deleted the bit where he calls her his wife, I put it back in. Is lying really so difficult that the ycan't keep their story straight for more than a few sentences?

He says "wife to be", as in not yet his wife, but soon, after he marries her.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Actually that says wife to be.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sneaksie Taffer posted:

He says "wife to be", as in not yet his wife, but soon, after he marries her.

Mr E posted:

Actually that says wife to be.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Don't worry, it's still complete bullshit.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Can someone please explain to my poor, dumb brain how having two kids fits into the set?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Wait, my fiancee's dad is a legit ex-SEAL. Do I get a free play anywhere on the Bingo board?

He served in Vietnam as a 'frogman' (before they were the now-infamous SEALZZZ), and actually retired from the military as some stupid high Navy rank with his SEAL trident. Dude is probably the nicest, most unconfrontational guy I've ever met. No war stories, no threats to me about his precious baby girl, and you'd never know he's legit killed people (something he's NEVER bragged about) unless you were told.

This is why I laugh at the STDH stories about people who's dads/uncles/cousins are "SEALs" and like to start fights, and are super aggressive towards everyone. Uh, yeah. No.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
"Ex navy SEAL" is the adult version of "uncle who works at Nintendo".

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

EZipperelli posted:

Wait, my fiancee's dad is a legit ex-SEAL. Do I get a free play anywhere on the Bingo board?

He served in Vietnam as a 'frogman' (before they were the now-infamous SEALZZZ), and actually retired from the military as some stupid high Navy rank with his SEAL trident. Dude is probably the nicest, most unconfrontational guy I've ever met. No war stories, no threats to me about his precious baby girl, and you'd never know he's legit killed people (something he's NEVER bragged about) unless you were told.

This is why I laugh at the STDH stories about people who's dads/uncles/cousins are "SEALs" and like to start fights, and are super aggressive towards everyone. Uh, yeah. No.

Yeah I dunno, sounds to me like your fiancee's dad was probably a pussy then. I did some volunteer role-playing for some trainees when I was in (the navy), and occasionally I was able to sit around with the instructors while they were bullshitting and they were trashing Mack from future weapons (former seal) and the guys who knew him said he though of himself as a pretty boy and that he was a pussy too.

I worked with a guy who was special forces in Vietnam too and while he was the nicest guy ever, he would often tell us when he entered the room that we shouldn't sit around a table like we did: too easy to take us all out with a grenade. He brought in photo albums of some gory crap and radio recordings of him in firefights. Dude was awesome. unlike your pussy potential father-in-law.

Blackchamber has a new favorite as of 06:12 on Jan 24, 2015

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Shintaro posted:

It's okay that he paints nails, see, because he also as an enormous penis.

But does he use his penis to paint their nails?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blackchamber posted:

Yeah I dunno, sounds to me like your fiancee's dad was probably a pussy then. I did some volunteer role-playing for some trainees when I was in (the navy), and occasionally I was able to sit around with the instructors while they were bullshitting and they were trashing Mack from future weapons (former seal) and the guys who knew him said he though of himself as a pretty boy and that he was a pussy too.

I worked with a guy who was special forces in Vietnam too and while he was the nicest guy ever, he would often tell us when he entered the room that we shouldn't sit around a table like we did: too easy to take us all out with a grenade. He brought in photo albums of some gory crap and radio recordings of him in firefights. Dude was awesome. unlike your pussy potential father-in-law.

source your quotes please.

e: both of you

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Blackchamber posted:

So basically you cosplayed in the Navy? :waycool: And as far as your Vietnam guy, I can't remember the last time a random grenade was thrown through a window of my house, but hey, I also don't live in Fallujah. Matter of fact, you should buy him an account and direct him to this thread. Lifehack! Don't want everyone killed? Don't cluster around a table!

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 07:42 on Jan 24, 2015

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

EZipperelli posted:

So basically you cosplayed in the Navy? :waycool: And as far as your Vietnam guy, I can't remember the last time a random grenade was thrown through a window of my house, but hey, I also don't live in Fallujah. Matter of fact, you should buy him an account and direct him to this thread. Lifehack! Don't want everyone killed? Don't cluster around a table!

No reason to get so upset man. He was just joking obviously, its easy to misunderstand. Perhaps you also misheard your future father-in-law and what he meant was he did a lot of 'double frogman' stuff back in Nam.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I am so angry at you all that I'm literally shaking!

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

nucleicmaxid posted:

Don't worry, it's still complete bullshit.

Yeah even the pics of his fiancee's various scars seem kinda...well, decide for yourself:

http://imgur.com/gallery/AvOv8

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

turnways posted:

Yeah even the pics of his fiancee's various scars seem kinda...well, decide for yourself:

Woman with literally no definition to her arms/shoulders/legs and scars that look like she either grew up in the country or maybe crashed her bike a couple times as a teenager = NAVY SEAL HYPERMARINE VETERAN.

lol

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

turnways posted:

I especially like the pimple that's the result of "small arms fire"

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Das Boo posted:

I am so angry at you all that I'm literally shaking!

Can you link to that story please? It was hilarious and I need a good laugh after touching all of this drat Chris Kyle poop on my twitter.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
Bully bullshit.

quote:

RANDOM STORY
ADD A STORY
Bullying The Bully Into Submission
SECONDARY SCHOOL | KENT, ENGLAND, UK | BAD BEHAVIOR, BULLY, TEACHERS
(During my first year of senior school there is a girl that doesn’t like me. She does things like hide my bag, take the band out of my hair, etc… Some teachers are good about it and punish her, but most tell me to ‘ignore her and she’ll stop.’ When we start school the next year my former head of year is with us again. He has been useless at sorting problems out and knows the situation with me. He is giving a talk about bullying and asks if there were any questions.)

Me: “What do you count as bullying?”

Teacher: “Anyone who hurts or upsets another pupil physically, emotionally, or verbally.”

Me: “And how will the bully be punished?”

Teacher: “That depends on the situation.”

(He tries to carry on the assembly but I’m not letting him off that easily.)

Me: “Let’s say, for example, someone did things like pull my hair, take my stuff, hide my books—”

(The girl starts crying but I just talked louder.)

Me: “—what if, for example, she wasn’t allowed to go to the toilet on her own during P.E because she would move my bag and uniform. If I told a teacher would she get in trouble and be punished?”

(The teacher glares at me, knowing full well what I am doing but also knowing that he didn’t do anything to help me last year.)

Teacher: “Of course. Anyone who bullies will be punished.”

(The girl is still crying, quite loudly now.)

Me: “By every teacher? No matter how many times she did it?”

Teacher: “Yes.”

Me: “I don’t suppose it’ll be a problem now though.”

(Neither the girl nor that teacher spoke to me for the whole year. Lots of other teachers and pupils thought what I had done was brilliant though!)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So why does the Bully just break down crying? Like what's the deal with that?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Testekill posted:

So why does the Bully just break down crying? Like what's the deal with that?

She was being completely owned by the protagonist's superior control and logic!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

She was being completely owned by the protagonist's superior control and logic!

And everyone stood up and clapped while he revealed he was John Galt and she was a lesbian Albert Einstein who later changed sides and married him.

EDIT: Best part is, I saw on Facebook they are independently wealthy from Bitcoin!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

From the soldier one I posted earlier, this is her scar from being hit by and IED.

Tbh americans must be soft cunts if they're afraid of IEDs if that's all they do

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That "IED" must have been a small firecracker a child threw that knocked up some pebbles and her lip got nicked.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, those scars linked kind of don't really add up to the story. I've got much worse scars and that's just from being a kid who grew up in the country (including some sweet-rear end barbed wire scars on arms, my brother has four big lines from the same across his face). Somehow, I'd expect a Marine who survived getting a "nearly severed right leg" to be a bit more roughed up. And, uh, a bit more athletic looking.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Khazar-khum posted:

Bully bullshit.

A bully is someone who consistently hurts and abuses someone else, as well as threatening repercussion if they try to fight back (whether physically or trying to get help from third parties). :eng101:

A bully isn't just "someone who hurts someone else", with that lovely logic I was assuming the story would be him calling the teacher a bully or something because he gave him a F grade or something.

nucleicmaxid posted:

Woman with literally no definition to her arms/shoulders/legs and scars that look like she either grew up in the country or maybe crashed her bike a couple times as a teenager = NAVY SEAL HYPERMARINE VETERAN.

lol

It's stdh yeah, but I prefer to imagine it's the gullible boyfriend who shes spinning all this poo poo for "Oh yeah I'm an ex-marine, saved the president, rescued kids from burning fires, you know :sparkles:" and the boyfriend can't believe his luck and brags about it on the net. Most of those scars look like self harming to me. :shrug:

KiddieGrinder has a new favorite as of 14:39 on Jan 24, 2015

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

turnways posted:

No one is going to mention the naked firing range picture?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dienes posted:

No one is going to mention the naked firing range picture?

:shrug: I honestly just chalked it up to Americans being American :911:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Gridlocked posted:

:shrug: I honestly just chalked it up to Americans being American :911:

I think shooting is one of the few situations where being naked is not a good thing. It's like that Seinfeld episode - nobody wants to see a naked sneezing person, or someone buffing out a floor naked. Some things are better done clothed.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

turnways posted:

And all the comments are 100% buying it.

There even is one going "from an IED tech : sorry we don't find them all" :patriot:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

EZipperelli posted:

I feel kind of bad for actual ex-Navy SEALs because I automatically assume someone is full of poo poo when I hear that.

nucleicmaxid posted:

lol

The one former Marine I knew was a huge fatass because when he got out he basically rebelled by saying "gently caress it" and letting himself go. Scar girl is definitely a load of poo poo, but there are a lot of fat soldiers out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

KiddieGrinder posted:

A bully is someone who consistently hurts and abuses someone else, as well as threatening repercussion if they try to fight back (whether physically or trying to get help from third parties). :eng101:

Meh, I could still buy the bully-teacher angle since I've seen my fair share of really lovely ones when checking out places for my kids. I'd change your definition of bullying to be coming from someone that holds power over someone else. Yes, that power usually comes from explicit/implicit threats of violence if the bully is a peer, but a kid can feel just as helpless against adults without there threat of violence (one of the big reasons statutory rape exists as a charge in the first place and can be applied to non-child victims)

• Locked thread