Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

EroticBlacksmith posted:

This was the highlight of the stream. Steve got super butthurt when Rebecca dissed the Rakta Ballistica, and Scott even said that it would be looked at (expect nerfs considering when he looked at Ember).

The take away I got from it was... Steve has no loving idea how to balance the game, and should stay far far far far away from that aspect. He's the same guy who things that the changes to Ember were "positive". You know, the changes that made her worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Brainbread posted:

The take away I got from it was... Steve has no loving idea how to balance the game, and should stay far far far far away from that aspect. He's the same guy who things that the changes to Ember were "positive". You know, the changes that made her worse.

Steve and Scott just shouldn't be allowed near anything involving numbers or design.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Steve and Scott just shouldn't be allowed near anything involving numbers or design.

Rebecca tends to offer the most useful insight anyways. Maybe she can take over at lead design?

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011

Brainbread posted:

Rebecca tends to offer the most useful insight anyways. Maybe she can take over at lead design?

Thats because she's actually playing the game, which I doubt the other two are or they would know how poo poo the Ballistica is.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Dammit you jerks, farm some bacon so I can do a round of keyshare with trustyworthy folks :argh:.

edit: Holy poo poo found some pubbie hosting free runs.

editedit: I thought it was gonna be that easy...:negative:

Drakes fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jan 24, 2015

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Guys...

I think I need an intervention.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
holy poo poo

Just how much were you buying those for?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Fish Noise posted:

holy poo poo

Just how much were you buying those for?

30-40p. There was a mad rush to the bottom in the middle of the day.

I also picked up a decent stack of that new glaive mod. I figure that I'll either end up rich or earn a hard lesson about speculating on fake guns.

Russian Remoulade fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 24, 2015

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ill buy one :v:

Also sorry to the goon I accidentally stood up today for the serration mod, looks like my poo poo laptop is too lovely for warframe even.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

The Crooked Warden posted:

I also picked up a decent stack of that new glaive mod. I figure that I'll either end up rich or earn a hard lesson about speculating on fake guns.

Yeah I very much doubt you'll be able to unload those Gorgons are not all that popular.

Edit: Well pubbies are still dumb so it might work, managed to unload the Soma for a lot more than the going rate a few days ago.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 24, 2015

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

To the goons I just ran a capture with : Warframe is being Warframe right now, carry on without me~

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Well, I'll buy one off you if you still some spare. Not enough time in the day to grind ducats right now.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

I'd love to get one if you're willing to part with them. I can't be bothered to grind the ducats this weekend.

e: nevermind, picked one up in the trade chat.

and a big thank you to all the pubs that buy over-priced mods from me so I could afford it, you are the best, never change.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 24, 2015

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Syndicate procs are free ults with other bonuses attached(such as +energy) and as such pretty OP(all of them should probably be nerfed and/or reimagined).

The Rakta Ballistica, sans proc, is trash.

The Synoid Gammacor, sans proc, is loving amazing.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

I'll buy one for 60 if you're looking to part with some now and not looking for too big of a gain, I'd rather avoid trade chat. :v:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

OK I shoved 5 forma down the Prisma's throat and it kinda fuckin' owns regardless of how you build it, plus it looks better than basically every other gun in the game.

Everyone should get one of these if they can, the fact that they don't suck and look amazing is probably going to push the price up significantly after the trader departs.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Guys...

I too will toss up some plat for MAH MASTERY if you still got a spare one.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Count me in as another dude who'll trade plat for an awful Gorgon. Just give us a name to contact so we can give you our BLOOD PLATINUM.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Denzine posted:

OK I shoved 5 forma down the Prisma's throat and it kinda fuckin' owns regardless of how you build it, plus it looks better than basically every other gun in the game.

Everyone should get one of these if they can, the fact that they don't suck and look amazing is probably going to push the price up significantly after the trader departs.

Everyone else is bitching about how bad it is and how it's not worth 600 ducks. Not sure what to think, right now.

Well, I got one anyway. Might as well try and make it good.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

This game is cool as hell, the bow is the most satisfying sniper I've ever used. I tried to buy the Rhino for smash balls, but it's EXP locked to level 2. I'm level 4 but it's still locked.
How do I see what rarity a mod is and if I add one called "+45% heat damage" will it give my weapon heat damage or does it only work with premade heat weapons?

And where's the slots you buy for platinum?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Spergminer posted:

This game is cool as hell, the bow is the most satisfying sniper I've ever used. I tried to buy the Rhino for smash balls, but it's EXP locked to level 2. I'm level 4 but it's still locked.
How do I see what rarity a mod is and if I add one called "+45% heat damage" will it give my weapon heat damage or does it only work with premade heat weapons?

And where's the slots you buy for platinum?

What's locking weapons/frames/whatever from you is your mastery level, not frame level or anything else. You have to level up all your weapons and frames and beat new missions to increase your mastery score, then take a test to increase it. Look at your profile and it'll tell you how close to a rank test you are.

Mod rarity is determined by what color it is, common = copper, uncommon = silver, rare = gold.

Those elemental damage mods add damage of that type to any weapon.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Denzine posted:

Syndicate procs are free ults with other bonuses attached(such as +energy) and as such pretty OP(all of them should probably be nerfed and/or reimagined).

The Rakta Ballistica, sans proc, is trash.

The Synoid Gammacor, sans proc, is loving amazing.

Also, I think it's tied to affinity so when you have the booster it goes off more. Or was I imagining that?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sprecherscrow posted:

Also, I think it's tied to affinity so when you have the booster it goes off more. Or was I imagining that?
This used to be the case, but was patched out a few weeks ago.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Goddamn man. :stare:

Put on the list for a person who wants one of those, I'd be more then willing to part with some plat for it.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Helter Skelter posted:

This used to be the case, but was patched out a few weeks ago.

Weird. Yesterday afternoon, I was rocking the vaykor and had the proc going off near-constantly on tower D's. Made it kinda hard to aim when I'm blowing up every 3-4 seconds.

Logged in today and my framerate somehow went from a steady 60 unless there's a kohm mirage to mid-20s even with everything dropped to Low. Made navigating capture rushes an exercise in frustration.

Lamadrid posted:

Also someone tell me if the oberon is really worth the potato or selling prime stuff to get more warframe slots.

The oberon has a guaranteed-knockdown, insta-hit first ability that can also hit 5 other targets for decent damage, it's ult is a literal space-dunk that does hilarious amounts of damage to groups of enemies, and it's got a healing ability for NM runs. Oh and in PVP (if you ever play it), it's 1 ability knocks down players-if it doesn't instakill them, you have a ton of time to finish them off while they're trying to get up. It's basically an excal with a lower-range ult and a usable damage-dealing ability in it's first slot. I'd rank it quite a bit higher than poo poo like nekros/valkyr, etc, especially as a damage frame.

Also it looks like a deergod of some description: a deergod that megadunks motherfuckers. :cmon: Potatoed mine, and probably gonna forma it for MORE DUNKING.

E: To put it another way, did an ODD with a lvl 0 weapon, no melee, and no sentinel, and still ended up #2 in damage just dunking fools.

It's not part of the ~ideal set~ (Mesa/Excal/Saryn/Nova), but it's pretty loving good.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 24, 2015

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Denzine posted:

Well the Soma P just came out so that's an extremely hard sell.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
The prisma doesn't look good when you compare it to the best of the best, but very little does. It offers a solid 300 sustained DPS unmodded (for reference, the boltor prime has 412 and the synoid gammacor 439) and has no glaring flaws. It sucks if you only care about using the best gun ever, but if you like to have fun and switch it up it's a big shiny bullet phallus that will pull its weight at any level of content.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The issue people have with it (and that I agree) is with tying a powers abilities/effects/what the gently caress ever to something that should be purely cosmetic.
I find this direction to be in direct opposition to making helmets not affect combat stats.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
How much plat do the previous Void Trader items go for nowadays?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Well the Soma P just came out so that's an extremely hard sell.

No it isn't, Prisma Gorgon makes Soma Prime looks like a yellow turd.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

If you still have one of those Prisma Gorgon's I will happily give you plat for it. forest_spirit IG.

Also, is anyone voice chatting often? Warframe has become my podcast game, where if I have downtime I'll turn on Harmontown and play a couple of mindless defense levels.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Xun posted:

Also sorry to the goon I accidentally stood up today for the serration mod, looks like my poo poo laptop is too lovely for warframe even.

I still don't have one so you can make it up to me later!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

necrobobsledder posted:

I find this direction to be in direct opposition to making helmets not affect combat stats.

Also a good point. If you're going to be making cosmetic poo poo affect Frame stats again, then what was even the point of doing away with stat-hats?

:ninja:Edit: I too would like one of those Prisma Gorgons but I don't have any plat at the moment. If you still have one by this Wednesday let me know, I get paid then.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I picked up a Prisma Gorgon because I'd like to have options for competitive DPS in high level missions without resorting to the usual boring weapons of Somas, Boltor Prime, Amprex, or Kohm. Aside from Boltor Prime, the top-tier weapons tend to look really ugly. The mere fact you can shove some forma into this to get pretty competitive DPS is enough to warrant getting I'd say because not every weapon is terribly great with lots of forma in them. I can't even bother leveling up my Panthera to 30 let alone to forma it multiple times, hell.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Amprex may not be pretty but it's super fun to use.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
The Oberon is still not good. In regular games I can finish with 80-90% damage done with the Ember just using ult and not firing my weapon once, doesn't make it good. Even after the changes horrible as they may be I'd still rather play Ember than Oberon when I'm just trying to mix it up since that's at least different from does what Saryn does but worse.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Denzine posted:

Jeez, how do you level a gun six times in two days? What's the secret?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

kafziel posted:

Jeez, how do you level a gun six times in two days? What's the secret?

With a booster active (and there's a free 3-day right now) you can go 0-30 on leeched XP in a single high level 4-wave interception, which takes about 15-20 minutes.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Male Man posted:

With a booster active (and there's a free 3-day right now) you can go 0-30 on leeched XP in a single high level 4-wave interception, which takes about 15-20 minutes.

Even without a booster you can take two weapons (the third being unequipped) from 0-30 in two waves iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Guys...

I'll take one off your hands if you still have any.