Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

are waffle pod slabs a thing in america? I only worked for a house buildrr...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Rebar caps are great and anyone working around rebar for any length of time will probably grow to love them. Using a cutoff wheel on rebar? Nice razor sharp burrs on the side. Clipping it? Nice sharp razor edge on the point where it was clipped. Even if your not looking at a full on impalement scenario brushing up against or drawing your arm against a piece of cut off rebar can still slice you up pretty good. That said, I am pro rebar cap.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I worked as a rebar monkey for a couple months and most of the conversation in the crew was about how to use hand lotion and a condom to make a prison mattress fuckable.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

This is exactly the sound effect that played when I was a kid and dicking around in some construction site. The rebar went rolling and i landed on some nice fresh concrete :v:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

G-III posted:

This is from the world's greatest workplace safety video. Enjoy the flying cannisters but stay for the torn off fingers, crushed legs, and severed limbs.

http://youtu.be/BswkYHQSLrQ

pretty good, but its no staplerfahrer klaus

http://youtu.be/-oB6DN5dYWo

(german w/ english subs)

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Lutha Mahtin posted:

This is exactly the sound effect that played when I was a kid and dicking around in some construction site. The rebar went rolling and i landed on some nice fresh concrete :v:

Most of the clips itt need cartoon sound effects in fact it should be our sole purpose to add them

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

The-Mole posted:

I'm not terribly affected by most depressing poo poo on the internet, but that picture always gets to me.

Those two guys are fine, a different two guys died in the fire but people assume it was them because of poor translation.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Das Butterbrot posted:

pretty good, but its no staplerfahrer klaus

http://youtu.be/-oB6DN5dYWo

(german w/ english subs)

It's also no "Think About This". I think the lady singing might be drunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GXcbReCYwM

(RIP North Bus Duct 1982-1993)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Nation posted:

Most of the clips itt need cartoon sound effects in fact it should be our sole purpose to add them

Just load up Yakety Sax on repeat when you read this thread.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

VelociBacon posted:

I worked as a rebar monkey for a couple months and most of the conversation in the crew was about how to use hand lotion and a condom to make a prison mattress fuckable.

...go on...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

:stonk: how did that even get up there?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

With moxy.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

VikingofRock posted:

:stonk: how did that even get up there?

Obviously like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyjxCP_eOko&t=29s

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

ExecuDork posted:

It means you work in Saskatchewan. I'm sorry.
Why sorry. Its great here. Much better than Australia.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Don't use a forklift as an elevator, folks.

quote:

Three men were injured Thursday afternoon following construction accident on State Street, police said.

Three men fell about 30 feet from a lift at the construction site, the police department said. They were taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital after sustaining serious injuries.

According to the fire department, the accident happened at 2335 State Street at about 2 p.m.

The workers, according to police, were climbing off of a building roof and the lift shifted causing the workers to fall.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006

I wonder how the conversation leading up this event including when the told the driver he's gonna need to wreck poo poo with a loader a few stories up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Seriously, though, how did it get up there?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

haveblue posted:

They put it on the roof when the building was small, and now that the building is big and strong the excavator is all the way up there.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

haveblue posted:

Probably with a crane :shrug:

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

they make things called cranes that lift poo poo did you guys know

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
:nms: REBAR!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

:stonk: Jesus Christ. That is a very literal use of NMS tags.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Chinese Phineas Gage

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ok, how does this even work? Dig some poo poo then toss it over the side? How does a 1st world country do this, besides implosion?

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

Ok, how does this even work? Dig some poo poo then toss it over the side? How does a 1st world country do this, besides implosion?

Just taking a little off the top.

You know, don't want the building to be too tall.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

Implosion. Putting a dude on top with instructions to work his way down is just a liiiittle unsafe.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Implosion. Putting a dude on top with instructions to work his way down is just a liiiittle unsafe.

Would make a good video game though.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Darth123123 posted:

looks like that's in china, not a 1st world country

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

"I got you bro"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Minrad posted:

"I got you bro"

"You got your light dirt in my dark dirt!"

"You got your dark dirt in my light dirt!"

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Minrad posted:

"I got you bro"

It's like young Biff and Wild West Biff ran into eachother.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Aren't zip lines supposed to be at an angle less than 45 degrees?

Wasn't there a Goon awhile back who was designing/building a zip-line-of-death and he got called out that the thing was a complete deathtrap?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Three-Phase posted:

Wasn't there a Goon awhile back who was designing/building a zip-line-of-death and he got called out that the thing was a complete deathtrap?
So he succeeded?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Three-Phase posted:

Aren't zip lines supposed to be at an angle less than 45 degrees?

yes, and also you dont jump onto a zipline like that, you start out with your dangly thing taut.

And yes, that was an interesting thread. They had already built this huge platform to run the zipline from, and were trying to figure out how to make it work and based on the postings of a few goons who knew what they were talking about, there just wasn't any possible way to use the platform and still have a safe line. At all.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
If someone has an animated GIF of Hank Venture jumping off the roof with an umbrella, please post it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Three-Phase posted:

If someone has an animated GIF of Hank Venture jumping off the roof with an umbrella, please post it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

VelociBacon posted:

I helped a friend move stuff from his mom's house for ONE DAY, and most of the conversation between two other dudes was about this exact same thing during beer-break when the job was done. I dont know if its some sort of loving ex-con meme or what, but it was bizarre as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

Leperflesh posted:

This really isn't the case.

I mean, yes, rebar is often used to form a grid, but it's also often exposed in upright positions.

This sort of thing:

which is why they make these:

And it's OSHA required to use them now.

e.

Really? You'd rather fall on an exposed bar than one of those caps? I'm no expert but it looks to me like if someone trips and lands squarely on a cap, it'd save them from impalement.

I always thought of them more as a don't-poke-your-eye-out prevention measure

• Locked thread