Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

whatshesaid posted:

Why do people buy liquid caffeine like this when you can simply take a caffeine pill? Serious question, not being a smartass. I drink coffee daily, because it's a ritual, and it's awesome. But beyond that, when I need more caffeine, I take a pill. I've been taking caffeine pills for nearly 20 years, in addition to my one mug of coffee. Because it's convenient. Look for Vivarin. It's 200 mg per pill. Actually, don't buy Vivarin. Buy the store brand of it. It's 200 mg of caffeine and nothing else. No added poo poo to worry about, no weird side effects, just pure caffeine. Isn't that the point?

... That looks like a bottle of 100 200mg caffeine tablets??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:
poo poo, really? My bad. I thought it was an energy drink-shot. Couldn't read it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Yeah, it's a bottle of 200mg caffeine pills.

I'm purchasing it to try and break my addiction to pop, energy drinks, and other sugary garbage. I figure that if I drink those things for the caffeine, why not cut out the middle man and just have some caffeine pills. Much better value since the two bottles will probably last me half a year, at the cost of a handful of drinks, and like you said, not full of other random poo poo that's probably killing me.

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007
Am I the only one a little disturbed that people caffeine pills every day for like, 20 years? Or at all? Sure, it's not heroin or anything but it's still a drug.

Back on topic I bought forza 5 and now I want a steering wheel.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jefinabox posted:

Am I the only one a little disturbed that people caffeine pills every day for like, 20 years? Or at all? Sure, it's not heroin or anything but it's still a drug.
Are you disturbed that people drink coffee every day or at all?

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah, if they feel they need it. Perhaps disturbed is over strong but I do find it a little odd that folk will happily take a drug purely to alter how their brain works and think nothing of it.

I don't want to attack anyone over it, I know no-one's going on coffee fueled grannie beating sprees or anything. I wonder if it's a cultural thing. Living in rural England it just seems really alien to me.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Jefinabox posted:

Yeah, if they feel they need it. Perhaps disturbed is over strong but I do find it a little odd that folk will happily take a drug purely to alter how their brain works and think nothing of it.

I don't want to attack anyone over it, I know no-one's going on coffee fueled grannie beating sprees or anything. I wonder if it's a cultural thing. Living in rural England it just seems really alien to me.

I went on a training day with the boss of my boss and I witnessed him drinking at least five extra large Dunkin Donuts lattes. It wasn't even 4 pm and he'd been constantly skulling them back all day. I like my caffeine and all, but that poo poo disturbed me. So much milk.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jefinabox posted:

I do find it a little odd that folk will happily take a drug purely to alter how their brain works and think nothing of it.

Oh they do think something of it, they think coffee is cheaper than cocaine.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Oh they do think something of it, they think coffee is cheaper than cocaine.

I wonder what the cost difference is for enough cocaine to stay awake for 48 hrs vs. enough coffee to stay awake 48 hrs. Or meth.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Timbuk2 alchemist laptop messenger bag

I had one of their classic messengers, but I was looking for something a little bigger with zippers to access pockets while the flap is closed. This fit the bill and I am really happy with it so far.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

One year subscription. Hopefully it is as cool as I want it to be.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Jefinabox posted:

Living in rural England it just seems really alien to me.

Do you drink tea every day? And if so, do you feel like you would be missing something if you stopped?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Didn't England drug China with opium so they could get spices and tea?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have a ton of bottles of caffeine pills at one time. One in each car, one under the seat of the motorcycle, one on my desk, one in the kitchen, I think I still have some in the medicine cabinet in the upstairs bathroom...

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Jaramin posted:

Do you drink tea every day? And if so, do you feel like you would be missing something if you stopped?

Yeah I don't really see British people as having a lot of room to talk when it comes to compulsive caffeine consumption.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Solid purchase. I loved using my friends.

Just picked up a Surface Pro 2 + keyboard cover for $475. Just going to be using it for note taking, so hopefully it performs well in that regard.

QuasarIntheMist
Sep 4, 2011

11x17 poster for an excellent film, plus frame. Now I just need one for Wake in Fright.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Ishamael posted:

Yeah I don't really see British people as having a lot of room to talk when it comes to compulsive caffeine consumption.

I think a lot of people have trouble with the idea of "pills" since then there's no way to lie to yourself. You're doing it purely for the caffeine and are basically drugging yourself so you can be more energic alert. Our societies have a great stigma against drugs so it's not seen as a good thing.

Coffee/tea is something you can drink for taste, tradition, as a social activity or whatever. Sure, if you make all coffee/tea caffeine free the consumption of these beverage will plummet dramatically, but it still doesn't give away the same image.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

tea is way lighter on caffeine.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

App13 posted:

Just picked up a Surface Pro 2 + keyboard cover for $475. Just going to be using it for note taking, so hopefully it performs well in that regard.

It's pretty great.

Also a lot of people use caffeine pills as an energy booster for workouts. It's not like they're just a utilitarian coffee substitute.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Trillest Parrot posted:

It's pretty great.

Also a lot of people use caffeine pills as an energy booster for workouts. It's not like they're just a utilitarian coffee substitute.

That sounds like it's a utilitarian coffee substitute though?

vvvv Yeah, exactly.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 20:55 on Jan 24, 2015

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
You don't usually pound a grande mocha before doing 2x body weight squats unless you really want to throw up

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I want to do some hiking come Spring and my old pack is no where near as nice.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Trillest Parrot posted:

I never thought of using them for that. I actually tend to get hopped up on caffeine before I write/paint, something about my brain being on fire helps creativity.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

XIII posted:

My gf and I were considering getting the double to serve as our couch because we live in a basement apartment and getting just about any kind of furniture that can't be completely taken apart is out of the question. Would that be viable? (we are both pretty short, fwiw).

Just chiming in to answer this. The Double is actually two Max's with a massive cover. So you can literally take it apart.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

kannonfodder posted:

I never thought of using them for that. I actually tend to get hopped up on caffeine before I write/paint, something about my brain being on fire helps creativity.
Caffeine is a stimulant after all, so it's good for lots of different stuff, including frightening the squares in this thread.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Tim Whatley posted:

Just chiming in to answer this. The Double is actually two Max's with a massive cover. So you can literally take it apart.

Yeah, I'm aware. We even considered getting two Max covers as well. I'm just not convinced it would be a suitable replacement for an actual couch.

Basically, talk me into it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Caffeine is the main stimulant in all pre workout mixes for working out so you can save a lot by just buying a 5 dollar bottle.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Corsair 750D Full Tower Case. This thing is MASSIVE!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

SaltLick posted:

Caffeine is the main stimulant in all pre workout mixes for working out so you can save a lot by just buying a 5 dollar bottle.

And the rest of the ingredients are symbolized by a little cross to remind you that you're getting hosed over like Jesus. Watch Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

McSpergin posted:

Get hosed, I literally bought the exact same 6 beers on Wednesday, how good are they all??!

Sadly I didn't buy them, I was detailing what was in your earlier post for someone who wanted to know.

Great beers though, had most of them myself.

Salty Licorice
Nov 2, 2008
Switchblade Switcharoo

Excellent choice. It's beautifully designed for what it does.

Salty Licorice
Nov 2, 2008
Switchblade Switcharoo

Backordered, so I won't get them until April or so, but I'm pretty excited.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
Am I supposed to get this?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Salty Licorice posted:

I just watched a demo of them, these look incredible.

They're synthesizers by the way.

Jigg
Jul 6, 2004

It's these guys, Teenage Engineering pocket synths.

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.

Starhawk64 posted:

Corsair 750D Full Tower Case. This thing is MASSIVE!

I love mine. It's really huge but with two quiet 120's pushing air out the top, it's dead silent, plus the front filter is a big help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Salty Licorice posted:

These look cool, but I hope the Cheap Monday sponsorship (?) doesn't mean they break down after a couple of days.