Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Can we grant Aegis Shield explosive resistance yet

That's all I really want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
They can do whatever they want since GTA 5 is theoretically coming out for PC next week. Run this poo poo into the ground!

e: looks like it got delayed again :lol:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Can we grant Aegis Shield explosive resistance yet

That's all I really want

That would be fine since apparently they're going to be buffing ZOE.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Winner is Jew posted:

That would be fine since apparently they're going to be buffing ZOE.

Yep, so far they're like 0/9 with ZOE changes so once this goes live it's game over for anybody who played last time around

Enjoy your 80% server pops again VS

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

Yep, so far they're like 0/9 with ZOE changes so once this goes live it's game over for anybody who played last time around

Enjoy your 80% server pops again VS

BAX will really hate us now.

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!
MAXESFORBAXES

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Mustarde posted:

ZOEMAXESFORBADDIEBAXES

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Well, since Zen got booted from BAX we might need a new catchphrase

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

So this happened last night...

Mustarde posted:

MAXESFORBAXES

#JusticeForBAX.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Party Alarm posted:

Well, since Zen got booted from BAX we might need a new catchphrase

We should let him into the platoon.

His application is that he has to post a pic of himself wearing a home made, cardboard max suit.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

Oh god you totally should, that would be the best thing.

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Jan 23
Daily sale: Amerish Forest Camo
Members sale: TS2 Inquisitor / LA3 Desperado / Cerberus

The Winquisitor and Desperado are really good guns, try them out if you have funbux to burn.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Spanish Manlove posted:

His application is that he has to post a pic of himself wearing a home made, cardboard max suit.

He gets booted if he ever stops being in a MAX suit as well.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

So Planetside2.com has been flagged as "malicious" by Steam. If you click a killboard link or something through Steam, it won't even link filter you with a click through. It just tells you this site is malicious and that's that. :lol:

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Has the patch hosed anyone else's subscription level up? I'm SURE I had more than I did left and it's bumped me from aurax to copper, which is weird; I bought 12 months in like Sept last year.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Westy543 posted:

So Planetside2.com has been flagged as "malicious" by Steam. If you click a killboard link or something through Steam, it won't even link filter you with a click through. It just tells you this site is malicious and that's that. :lol:

URL reputation hits happen with some frequency unfortunately, it just means whatever they are using as their "bad url" datafeed marked that url as bad.

Virustotal doesn't show anything malicious and there's various ways a URL can get marked as malicious. I suspect they'll clear it up in a few days with steam, I'd imagine steam has a override that they can use for false positive URL blocks.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Clamps McGraw posted:

Has the patch hosed anyone else's subscription level up? I'm SURE I had more than I did left and it's bumped me from aurax to copper, which is weird; I bought 12 months in like Sept last year.

Yeah they pooped up. You should totes be auraxo for the entire year. Don't worry they'll fix this soonish and maybe give you something special for their gently caress-ups.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

fknlo posted:

They can do whatever they want since GTA 5 is theoretically coming out for PC next week. Run this poo poo into the ground!

e: looks like it got delayed again :lol:

Isn't GTA online still broken? Like almost none of the features they promised (multiplayer heists!) are actually in the game?

Also that medictool change, will the ammo for it be replenished by ammo packs? Cause if so they may as well just pretend that the ammo doesn't exist, cause there is always an ammo pack. And if an infil EMPs the ammo pack away the engineer can just press F and mouse 1 and promptly drop another one with no penalty.

Fogie
Mar 1, 2003

Crossposting from the GOKU thread because I know some non-VS folks were interested last time:

:siren: Marxo Voice Pack v2 :siren:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7f0r6r2wb8c7rkn/marxopack.zip

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Did the last patch bump up implant drop again? I got a Charger, 1x level two and 2x level one implants in twenty-six minutes of play today.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That was a fun alert.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Nookovian-Red posted:

Magrider already has turbo so you can sort of belly flop on people.

Don't forget to ram people. Ramming people to death is probably 1/3 of all my vehicle kills.

Why does everybody assume a tank melee attack is just for infantry? I'm talking about an anti-harasser pincer attack or something.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

rarbatrol posted:

Why does everybody assume a tank melee attack is just for infantry? I'm talking about an anti-harasser pincer attack or something.

It's called ramming the enemy tank with your battlebus. Try it some time. Seriously, it's the battlebus' most powerful attack.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Guys guys guys, the Vanguard is the most balanced tank

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

o muerte posted:

I watched Fleischwolf pull almost exactly the same numbers in his stream tonight with his Magrider

CHECKMATE

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I watched Fleischwolf pull almost exactly the same numbers in his stream tonight with his Magrider

CHECKMATE

Yeah, it's not hard to do this in any tank.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

o muerte posted:

Is this a double weekend or something? That or I was on my fuckin game tonight, I got those numbers on foot

Well ok, just the 200k SPH, kayderr was more like 3.3

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

o muerte posted:

please post a kpu oracle stats link to go with this, thanks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Westy543 posted:

Don't forget to cross reference it with the 0.8% of total Vanguard kills that are aircraft

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Westy543 posted:

I'm sorry, I don't really understand stats requests posts that don't come with an SOE developer dicks sucked per hour proof of fanboyism.

e: Please reformat your question in the form of a SHLURP SHLURP SLURP SHLURP

o muerte fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jan 24, 2015

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
magriders skill ceiling is so high, nobody can reach it

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

AOD is a goddamn blessing https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428041429994150369/killboard that lightening run was me rushing their skydock sundy at full loving spawn.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Arghy posted:

AOD is a goddamn blessing https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428041429994150369/killboard that lightening run was me rushing their skydock sundy at full loving spawn.

Playing PS2 and watching video killstreaks are a metaphor for humanity. Where the gently caress are my meds?

Every one of those players are probably looking forward thinking to himself, "someone will take care of that."

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I was on top of the sundy shed and i would pretty much die when 8 of them would run in all directions then turn around and try to shoot me haha i could only kill 6-7 of them before i ran outta ammo! I killed this HA 3 times in under 1 minute, he would be crouched by this tree and every time i killed him he would get rezzed and go right back to the same loving tree. AOD does have some quality LA's though--stopped me from totally stomping the ground because i had to watch the roof.

AOD needs to create a feeder outfit, the usual poo poo zergfit then a medium sized quality outfit where they separate the decent guys from the shitters.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Jan 24
Daily sale: Infiltrator Skull Helmet
Members sale: Esamir Ice Camo

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Arghy posted:

AOD needs to create a feeder outfit, the usual poo poo zergfit then a medium sized quality outfit where they separate the decent guys from the shitters.

Maybe they have "fun" playing together? Weird concept in this MLG pro shoot man, but it's entirely possible.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...

fknlo posted:

Maybe they have "fun" playing together? Weird concept in this MLG pro shoot man, but it's entirely possible.

*phwweeeet*

Yellow card for arghyuing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Do not put your hands in the Arghy cage. It is fine to feed the Arghy, but only from a distance and with small servings.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
On the PTS now

quote:

The Zealot Overdrive Engine, Aegis Shield and MAX lockdown are receiving some adjustments:

Aegis Shield: Sticky and anti-vehicle grenades will no longer stick to a MAX unit that has their Aegis shield active.

Lowdown: Time required to lockdown is being reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second.

Zealot Overdrive Engine: ZOE damage at extreme close range is being increased while damage will decrease over range more rapidly and eventually become lower than normal.

For anti-personnel weapons, Zealot overdrive now increases the damage of the weapon to require ones less bullet to drop an infantry at 10 meters, but sometime after 15 to 20 meters, damage is reduced.

Quasar VM1
Max damage while ZOE increased from 184 to 200.
Min damage while ZOE decreased from 143 to 125.
Min damage range while ZOE decreased from 75 meters to 25 meters.

Blueshift
Max damage while ZOE increased from 158 to 167.

Nebula
Max damage while ZOE increased from 158 to 167.
Min damage while ZOE decreased from 112 to 100.
Min damage range while ZOE decreased from 50 meters to 20 meters.

Cosmos
Max damage while ZOE increased from 184 to 200.

For anti-tank weapons, Zealot overdrive now increases damage within 10 meters but sometime after 30 to 40 meters, damage is reduced for the comet, and sometime after 50 meters damage on the vortex is reduced.

Comet
Zealot max damage increased from 375 to 400
Zealot max damage range decreased from 15 to 10
Zealot minimum damage reduced from 315 to 100

Vortex
Zealot charge 1
Max damage increased from 184 to 200
Maximum damage range reduced from 300 to 10
Minimum damage reduced from 100 to 50
Zealot charge 2
Max damage increased from 239 to 300
Minimum damage reduced from 130 to 75
Zealot charge 3
Max damage increased from 311 to 400
Minimum damage reduced from 169 to 100

The Burster will receive a flat damage increase for the flak. Previously only the projectile direct hits received a small benefit. This benefit is also being slightly increased to make it require one less bullet to kill infantry.

Burster Direct Hit (Non Flak)
Max damage increased from 110 to 125
Minimum damage range reduced from 50 to 10
Minimum damage reduced from 20 to 5

Burster Indirect Hit (Flak)
Max damage increased from 56 to 60

Anti-Vehicle Weapons

For the longer range weapons, we want to ensure they are effective around the 200 meter then effectiveness drops to the 300 meter mark. We also want to ensure they are more comparable to each other in terms of range and defending yourself against infantry.

NCM3 Raven

The raven is having its range brought in by around 50 meters by lowering its maximum velocity. In addition the blast damage produced by the Raven is being reduced to bring it closer to the Fracture.

Max velocity reduced from 85mps to 70mps
Inner blast damage reduced from 115 to 75

MR1 Fracture

The Fracture has the lowest effective range of the secondary MAX AV so we are pushing the range out by about 25 meters with the following adjustments:

CoF reduced from 0.2 to 0.1
Gravity reduced from 2 to 1.5

Vortex

We’re massaging some of the numbers on this weapon to get rid of some of the wrinkles. This includes changing the resist values on some vehicles and upping the max and min damage of the charge.

Charge level 2
Max damage increased from 217 to 250
Minimum damage increased from 130 to 150

Charge level 3
Max damage increased from 282 to 300
Minimum damage increased from 169 to 200

The Faction Specific abilites are pretty underwhelming, though a 1 second lockdown makes the Pounder even more hilarious.

Flak got buffed. Prepare to catch the tears of air autists.

Ravens still bullshit good at AI.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
What is the point of making an AV or Burster max better at short range, when they are mostly long-range focused? ZOE will still be completely useless even after these changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
ZOE needs an overhaul. I like the concept of VS abilities tending to be more toward "changing modes" since VS prides itself on adaptability, but ZOE as it conceptually stands is either underwhelming or overwhelming, no middle ground.

[arghyposting intensifies]

Perhaps ZOE should modify just the weapons, instead of MAX attributes? ZOE ought to increase the damage alpha of weapons, at the expense of more ammo expended per shot and more recoil. It could be particularly useful during a MAX crash, sweeping in and clearing rooms of enemies. However, ZOE has a cooldown like the sprint and isn't simply a toggle like it was before. Overcharging the weapons requires extra power from the ZOE module, which recharges when unused, like a Heavy shield.

• Locked thread