Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
So wait... From the way you're telling the story line he's basically now a homeless wino wandering around pretending he's still a reporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Monaghan posted:

while we're talking about sovereign citizens everyone should read this decision (including the footnotes) because it is hilarious.

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/oncj/doc/2013/2013oncj160/2013oncj160.pdf
To continue the derail this is the judge's finding of a case involving a freeman. Also it goes into detail of the tactics they try to use and how to deal with it (since the judge thought it was becoming too common to ignore) with some zingers like

quote:

“[t]his teaching is not only wrong in the sense that it is false. It is wrongful. That is, it is full of wrong.”

also A brief court transcript from Australia involving similar people

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

This needs more attention because :drat:

I think it'd take Two Bulls to have the guts to do an equivalent about Americans.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the death of King Abdullah – Abdullah bin Abdilaziz Al Saud, king of Saudi Arabia, has died at the age of 90"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Sir David Wilkie.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jesus God:drat:

How did Abott even get elected in the first place?
He might be just about the most hated PM of Australia.

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Stephen Collins is usually produces some Twee nothings about some corner of modern society but this, this is pretty good.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Cameron has to pee.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Interestingly, approximately 90% of people trying sovereign or sovereign-type crap give up and go away the first time they get smacked down. They never try it again. It's only a very small proportion who persist after failure. If you slam them early and hard most will never try it again.

One of our local judges has a great way of dealing with them when they won't identify themselves, which is basically to say 'Oh? They're not here? Ok, warrant for their arrest issued.' Most then promptly say they are present.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

duz posted:

Up until a few years ago, he got fired from being a reporter then his girlfriend dumped him. Since then it's been duck-in-the-void 24/7.

So the Duck Reporter isn't even a reporter anymore....

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

There was a storyline in which rabbits began to fight against being eaten by using guerrilla tactics and crude carrot-shaped-stake-thrower guns (because RABBITS, haw haw, Holbrook joke). This was treated as horrifying terrorism. It ended when a protagonist rabbit sacrificed her life to destroy the resistance forces and ensure that her kind could continue to be killed, sold and consumed en masse. This was treated as ultimate heroism.

But don't worry, the parallel-dimension human version of that character fell through a weird portal and became a rabbit, quickly and completely replacing the one who died, except now she bluntly points out how differently animals do things compared to humans (HOLBROOK COMEDY :master:).

I don't remember why Hal Holbrook is fair game for the newspaper comics thread, because he is webcomics compressed into human form, but I've read way too many loving "Kevin and Kell" strips and experienced way too many metaphors that don't make sense even before factoring in the setting's legalized genocide.

Goddamn, for some reason I was auto correcting Holbrook to Hal Holbrook and I was so confused as to how the funny old guy who does a pretty good Mark Twain impression was connected to a lovely comic. But Bill Holbrook and Hal Holbrook are, in fact, not related. Thank god.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

forbidden lesbian posted:

So the Duck Reporter isn't even a reporter anymore....

Nope. Just some drunk weirdo yelling at the TV or imaginary strawpeople.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He's the Australian W in almost every way. He's like Mirror Universe Crocodile Dundee.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

duz posted:

Up until a few years ago, he got fired from being a reporter then his girlfriend dumped him. Since then it's been duck-in-the-void 24/7.

Wait, that really happened? I thought that was just in Deep Hurting's Mallard Swillmore parodies.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I saw a collection of Stephanie MacMillan's cartoon strip today and had a brief flick through. The art was all terrible and the foreword was by Rall, but I saw at least one funny joke even if I cannot now remember it.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

That was amazing :allears:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

He's the Australian W in almost every way. He's like Mirror Universe Crocodile Dundee.

The AusPol thread is a treasure trove of Abbot hate. He's practically AUS Tea Party. During a recent national disaster in...China I think Australia at first promised aid, then Abbot publicly took it back gleefully with some bullshit racist rant about those countries deserving it.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

"Some considered him to be a good king". Citation needed?

"... was said to be aged about 90". That... baffles me. We don't know for sure how old the head of a major country / dynasty actually was?

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Cameron has to pee.

That's a deliberate reference, Cameron has said previously that he often uses Enoch 'Rivers of Blood' Powell's "full bladder technique" at important meetings and events.

This is not a joke.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

pkfan2004 posted:

Ohhhh, lemme tell a little story 'bout a man named Zed,
Got two(?) lumpy children and his waifu's hair is red,
Used to be a badass sniper fighting in a foreign war,
Also used to be hand drawn but that don't happen anymore.

Photoshopped, he is. GIS, blur and trace.

What's ol' Zed up to now? Well no-one really knows.
He mostly fucks around and is helped by Portago.
The gubmint wants to kill him and they do the best they can,
But it's hard to do your job when you're made of straw, man.

That Obama, man. No penis, fat wife.

Would you really want to hang around with Zed and all his kin?
His best friend is just like him 'cept for color of his skin.
And Black Guy's wife, a Russian boy and feisty Israeli gal,
But Muir makes them unlikable and the plot will always stall.

Y'all get off my loving land, y'hear?

I want to combine a clapping gif with the guy chewing hay, I think.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

The New Black posted:

That's a deliberate reference, Cameron has said previously that he often uses Enoch 'Rivers of Blood' Powell's "full bladder technique" at important meetings and events.

This is not a joke.

lmao holy poo poo

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Bosch Fawstin usually just produces faux-Miller pee pee doo doo illustrations of Muslim terrorists (IE EVERY MUSLIM WHO EVER LIVED), but this is worth sharing just for its Ramirezian spittle-flecked rage labelling.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Of course this happened in Alberta. Though to be fair the other one was in Ontario, albeit he actually got tasered instead of given a soap box as in Alberta.

That's more like it. :awesome:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Gary McCoy drew this thing.

And then he made a "corrected" version.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

What's the difference between them? Like I keep switching between them and I can't find one.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Uhh, what did he "correct", exactly? I've read both over a bunch of times and if there's a difference I'm not seeing it.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Why would you do this? you're a horrible person.

edit: oh good lord.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
you seriously made me study a loving gary mccoy cartoon for 20 minutes. that poo poo should be bannable.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Broken Loose posted:

you seriously made me study a loving gary mccoy cartoon for 20 minutes. that poo poo should be bannable.

Only 2 minutes before I gave up, but yeah. I am offended.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Isizzlehorn posted:

Of course this happened in Alberta. Though to be fair the other one was in Ontario, albeit he actually got tasered instead of given a soap box as in Alberta.

That's more like it. :awesome:

But wait there's more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH4E1gYjL2M

I can't stop watching. So much crazy.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

duz posted:

I think you're confusing it with Mallard Swillmore

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 24, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Broken Loose posted:

Why would you do this? you're a horrible person.

edit: oh good lord.

For those without GIF creation skills, the same effect can be achieved by opening both cartoons in new tabs and quickly switching between them. (This is actually what I did when I couldn't immediately spot the difference. I have zero patience, especially for a Gary McCoy cartoon.:v:)

For actual commentary: look at those goddamn hands. How can someone be such a bad artist when their job is drawing cartoons? You can't even use the "it's his art style" defense, because those hands would be badly drawn in any art style.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Stephen Collins is usually produces some Twee nothings about some corner of modern society but this, this is pretty good.
When he does political stuff it's usually pretty good:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Consistently? Yes. At his lowest? 6th. But he's the only one there where the full reason is "He is a dickhead and everything he does is poo poo".

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

When he does political stuff it's usually pretty good:

I also love this one.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

El Scotch posted:

I also love this one.

Yeah, that one's great. Here's a bigger version for the myopic among us: http://i.imgur.com/t1K95Ms.jpg

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Crain posted:

Goddamn, for some reason I was auto correcting Holbrook to Hal Holbrook and I was so confused as to how the funny old guy who does a pretty good Mark Twain impression was connected to a lovely comic. But Bill Holbrook and Hal Holbrook are, in fact, not related. Thank god.

Nope that's my fault, I definitely said Hal. Massive apologies to Hal Holbrook, who is not, as previously reported, webcomics compressed into human form. Bill Holbrook, on the other hand, can go jump in a lake, like frogs do! What a hilarious animal joke I just made!!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah, that one's great. Here's a bigger version for the myopic among us: http://i.imgur.com/t1K95Ms.jpg
But why does Stephen Collins hate Islam :colbert:

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Labor rendered themselves toxic. To the extent that Abbott seemed voteable. Even with compulsory voting that's quite impressive, really.

Oh, and no-one thought to vote for the Greens instead, because eh.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Pilchenstein posted:

isn't he the one who gave us putin's rack and Mamon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Nope that's my fault, I definitely said Hal. Massive apologies to Hal Holbrook, who is not, as previously reported, webcomics compressed into human form. Bill Holbrook, on the other hand, can go jump in a lake, like frogs do! What a hilarious animal joke I just made!!

Uh, huge slam on frogs out of nowhere in this post? They don't even represent a particular political party or concept unless they're specifically labeled, like maybe a panel with Kermit singing about rainbows and being labeled GAY AGENDA or realizing he's got a hand up his butt and saying "I don't think I like this Obammercare!" Leave frogs alone, you jackass.

• Locked thread