Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Thyrork posted:

Im pretty sure Treecaptiator isn't client side, but gently caress it im posting about Veinminer anyway:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1292260-1-5-x-1-6-x-vein-miner-quickly-mine-veins-of-ore

Its better then Treecap, it works on trees, veins, pretty much anything. Its configurable too so if you dont give a rats rear end about "Balance" you can config it so anything can be veinmined BY anything. Yes, this means you can shift a desert with your hands alone, i hope you like hunger! :haw:

Works wonderfully with the various mods that add new kinds of stone. Run upto vein of Marble, whack with veinminer on, explore the new cavern you just made!

Just dont accidentally mine your entire house out. :ssh:

Edit: While im here, anyone know of anymore nice "movement" altering mods in Minecraft? I cant remember the only one i can think of's name but it'd let you climb up ledges and the like.

tinkers now has some stuff like that - explorers gloves etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Do enchanting plus and better anvils count

enchanting plus adds a different table but the only mechanics it adds is letting you choose enchantments instead of the rolling dice and wasting levels

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
All of a sudden whenever I try to open my Technic Launcher, I get this message.

It was working fine a few hours ago, what is the deal? What happened?

Edit: Also, it seems my launcher exe turned into an empty folder that won't do anything if I open it. The hell?

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 21, 2015

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I really wish Smart Moving was stable enough to become an almost vanilla feature

The ability to navigate 1x1 holes and climb up 2 high ledges is beyond handy

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Blind Duke posted:

I really wish Smart Moving was stable enough to become an almost vanilla feature

The ability to navigate 1x1 holes and climb up 2 high ledges is beyond handy

On a similar note: any mod that gives you step-up is amazing. The world becomes so much easier to navigate when you're not constantly hopping over single tiles.

The Dark Steel Boots in EIO are one of many, many reasons I love that mod. I simply walk over single blocks and have a 2-block high jump with them. The fact that they also give immunity to fall damage, diamond level protection and take the majority of their damage as easily recharged RF instead of durability are also nice.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Botania has two items that use pre-nether non-enderman materials that are cool like that and go in a baubles slot instead of taking up equipment slots.

Sojourners sash lets you walk over 1-high blocks, jump two blocks, and speed around without even sprinting. This is great when combined with a snowflake bauble that freezes water you walk on. So now you can run across the ocean. Though there's issues when the next part of the ocean's being generated but they seem minor. Botania's immediately gone into my personal list of mods I don't want to go without for those alone and I haven't even gotten to the parts that require a melon or netherwart.

That last part was in Hexxit's falling meteors, and were one of the features I wanted in later mods. (most of which are from legend gear)

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Acne Rain posted:

Botania's immediately gone into my personal list of mods I don't want to go without for those alone and I haven't even gotten to the parts that require a melon or netherwart.

Generally how does Botania fit into your early game? Like, the first seven game days or so.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I like to start fresh sometimes because there's some rush with doing all the initial discoveries, and I'm still vulnerable to getting my rear end kicked by everything. However, I really only get into the earlier Tinker's Construct stuff, as well as use whatever I can get for quickly beating up trees. Sometimes I'll use a redwood tree as a base since it's such an easy way to be enclosed while still having access to wood, but that assumes I find one around. And finally I often exploit Natura to get berries I can farm indoors, and it's great to find a bunch of cotton and barley while wandering around.

Usually after the first hour, I have my smeltery, a shaft going straight down to Y=12, and I've found enough goodies to make a Project-E condenser. I used to make a bumrush for the digital miner, but its material cost has gotten much higher, and having that little detour lets me convert materials around that I need (diamonds...).

I guess there are some areas where I've assumed there are better ways to take care of things:
1. Is there anything that makes it quicker to build above-ground structures? I'm kind of getting tired of backing myself into holes in stuff. I guess if the builder's wand was an early-game thing, this would be less of an issue.
2. Is there anything that makes finding diamonds easier? That just opens up the rest of the game very quickly.
3. Is there some early-game magic stuff I should do? I still am only dabbling in magic once I am well into everything else, so there's usually no reason to use any of it.
4. What about pre-AE2 storage improvements?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Most of these mods I don't quite know yet, and there's probably a lot in them that has a point that I haven't figured out yet. But the things I mention just need 3-5 diamonds along with some more common materials like sugar cane and bonemeal.

Probably the other useful thing it has pre-nether (but which would require some time and a good setup) is an enchanting station that just uses mana instead of your levels. It uses enchanted books and does not consume them, so if you have diamonds and some enchanted books that's helpful.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

McFrugal posted:

/hqm edit
Then use that cheaty book to reset all your quests.

Thanks a ton! And how do I make a party?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Edit: Also, it seems my launcher exe turned into an empty folder that won't do anything if I open it. The hell?

That sounds like a virus or something, dude.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Thanks a ton! And how do I make a party?

Can't help you there. Check the ingame help?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I like to start fresh sometimes because there's some rush with doing all the initial discoveries, and I'm still vulnerable to getting my rear end kicked by everything. However, I really only get into the earlier Tinker's Construct stuff, as well as use whatever I can get for quickly beating up trees. Sometimes I'll use a redwood tree as a base since it's such an easy way to be enclosed while still having access to wood, but that assumes I find one around. And finally I often exploit Natura to get berries I can farm indoors, and it's great to find a bunch of cotton and barley while wandering around.

Usually after the first hour, I have my smeltery, a shaft going straight down to Y=12, and I've found enough goodies to make a Project-E condenser. I used to make a bumrush for the digital miner, but its material cost has gotten much higher, and having that little detour lets me convert materials around that I need (diamonds...).

I guess there are some areas where I've assumed there are better ways to take care of things:
1. Is there anything that makes it quicker to build above-ground structures? I'm kind of getting tired of backing myself into holes in stuff. I guess if the builder's wand was an early-game thing, this would be less of an issue.
2. Is there anything that makes finding diamonds easier? That just opens up the rest of the game very quickly.
3. Is there some early-game magic stuff I should do? I still am only dabbling in magic once I am well into everything else, so there's usually no reason to use any of it.
4. What about pre-AE2 storage improvements?

I suppose it depends on the mods you have,

Ars Magicka = the dig spell is a great help
Thaumcraft - I still have no idea what the point is except golems.
Botania - flower power....???

for me I build a cave in the side of a hill, then dig down to y=12 and look for diamonds
4 machines i need from my mod pack (Sag mill, Alloy Smelter, Metallurgic Infuser and Crusher) - later i need osmium compressor as well but that's about it that I need.
then just build some advanced solar panels,
EIO Capacitors for power storage
Basic Energy conduit
then mine away until i can make a digital miner
then mine mine mine
still, about to reset the server and i have mystcraft but will make it Admin only so the other mod will do the job.

Admin creates new mystcraft world,
Admin places Stargate in new world,
Admin adds gate address to spawn gate list
<have fun>

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 22, 2015

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Ah, I found out why changing the TE config to disable sounds didn't work. There are TWO configs that have sound options. I changed the one in ThermalExpansion.cfg, but I needed to change Client.cfg too! Or maybe only client.cfg needed to be changed? I don't know, whatever.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

then just build some advanced solar panels,
Have you ever played with the survivalist generators? I usually make something like 8 of them when I'm about to start playing with the machines. At that point I'm generally just doing one-off stuff so they tend to work out, especially if you feed them planks.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Back to this.

McFrugal posted:

Oh, well, if there's a guide for it that relies on it working, then it should work! From that guide I have a better understanding of how everything goes together... it really should work so I don't know what's going on. Is the version you're using the same version as in the guide?

Having built this a few times, I think it could be done differently. However, the emitters just don't work. I've never gotten a signal out of them while the crafting operating is running--at least as-is. What is really getting to me is the ME interface block and all the crap happening around it. I am going to try instead an ME interface panel going to a chest to dump out the seed. If that changes the signal, I'll then import off the other side of that chest, and it should make it into the formation plane. But.. I have to go to bed.

If you're on mechaet's server, I started sketching this setup next to the farms in the goon base.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Have you ever played with the survivalist generators? I usually make something like 8 of them when I'm about to start playing with the machines. At that point I'm generally just doing one-off stuff so they tend to work out, especially if you feed them planks.

I usually have one to power the sag mill to start

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

TheresaJayne posted:

I suppose it depends on the mods you have,

Ars Magicka = the dig spell is a great help
Thaumcraft - I still have no idea what the point is except golems.
Botania - flower power....???

ars magica is about mana shield, abusing "appropration" spell (stores blocks and deposits blocks without breaking them including spawners, and most monsters, also BREAKING SOO MANY THINGS), abusing the arcane repairer, and cursing stupid magic creature spawn. Oh, and horribly breaking servers.
Botanica has some interesting inter-mod compatibility,
Thaumcraft is mostly about warded blocks, wand of equal trade, dropping tainted nodes in your enemies friends bases, and freaking out as multiple elderitch guardians appear from no-where and attacking you and anyone near you. Oh and staring at your screen clicking like a madman, while cursing your lack of research sperg points.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Two stupid mod questions
Tried to brew the mutating sprig in witchery, the cauldron just bubbled red and didn't do anything for half a night, when scooped out with buckets the brew was nameless. What went wrong? Altar nearby had 1000+ power, and it doesn't let you put ingrediants in in the wrong order really. Netherwart, sprig, mutandis extremis. Getting another sprig legit isn't that much of a hassle but eh, it'd be nice to know what happened.

(E: before leaving the house I turned on creative in a new flat world and even with a decked out altar charged to 2000 and a chalk circle around the cauldron I still can't get the Mutating sprig recipe to work, help would be appreciated)

Other one: Atum in 1.7. I've used it in 1.5 with no problem but the gate just won't trigger. I made it to the specifications, deleted any other possible blocks, made it out of sandstone, no dice, the scarab just refuses to whisk me to egyptland. what's the ish.

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 22, 2015

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I haven't played in quite a while and am looking to setup a server for some friends of mine. What is the go-to kinda kitchen sink modpack these days? I'm looking for a good mix of techy/magic/more dungeons and whatnot.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SugarAddict posted:

ars magica is about mana shield, abusing "appropration" spell (stores blocks and deposits blocks without breaking them including spawners, and most monsters, also BREAKING SOO MANY THINGS), abusing the arcane repairer, and cursing stupid magic creature spawn. Oh, and horribly breaking servers.
Botanica has some interesting inter-mod compatibility,
Thaumcraft is mostly about warded blocks, wand of equal trade, dropping tainted nodes in your enemies friends bases, and freaking out as multiple elderitch guardians appear from no-where and attacking you and anyone near you. Oh and staring at your screen clicking like a madman, while cursing your lack of research sperg points.

I can't speak to Botanica, but there's some early stuff I'd like to point out. Thaumcraft has the Shock Focus for your wand, which is essentially :science:, and Runic Armor, which makes you pretty close to invincible with just the chestpiece alone.

Ars Magica has the leap spell, which allows you to make crazy high jumps (imagine the Jump spell from Morrowind) and it synergizes amazingly well with, say, a hang glider.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
how would you guys go about powering, planting and harvesting a 112x112 area full of gardens, linked to its own AE network? I got a bit disenchanted when my first attempts in creative to set up the AE network hosed up hard and kind of haven't played the game in a few weeks - I don't care about cheating in tesseracts for chunk management but I'd like to at least have some kind of legit power loop rather than needing creative energy inputs.

The inspiration was a book I got for Christmas showing this series of squares, I wanted to have each square fit its own garden:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Pidmon posted:

how would you guys go about powering, planting and harvesting a 112x112 area full of gardens, linked to its own AE network? I got a bit disenchanted when my first attempts in creative to set up the AE network hosed up hard and kind of haven't played the game in a few weeks - I don't care about cheating in tesseracts for chunk management but I'd like to at least have some kind of legit power loop rather than needing creative energy inputs.

The inspiration was a book I got for Christmas showing this series of squares, I wanted to have each square fit its own garden:

For a farm of that size, the easiest way to power it would almost certainly be a Big Reactor - relatively easy to build, easy on the lag, and if properly built, able to put out more RF than anything else.

The hard part is going to be the planting/harvesting. EnderIO farming stations can only be configured for 7x7, 11x11, and 15x15 farm plots. MineFactory Reloaded planters work a 3x3 plot by default, but can be cheaply upgraded to work a 5x5, 7x7, 9x9 and so forth, up to a 25x25 plot. They don't do plots with even-numbered sides, but you can make an even-sided plot by having four planters spaced around the grid. They can also be downgraded to work only a 1x1 plot, which is what you're going to have to do to use them to work that tiny 2x2 square, or the 4x4 one. MFR planters are also nice because they are placed under the ground, and are thus invisible from the surface, so you can do all your wiring and cabling down there.

The downside with MFR is that it uses a different block to harvest, and THAT block has to be at ground level, on the side of the plot you want to harvest. This means you'll have harvesters dotted around inside your 112x112. You can run the cabling for the harvesters under the ground, so the harvesters will just be sitting up there, but that might look bad for the MFR Harvesters work off the same upgrade system that planters do, so they go up to 25x25 as well.

As for the cabling for this mess, the only option I can realistically see is EnderIO cables, since those can carry items and power both in the same blockspace. EnderIO cables are very intelligent, and you can put filters on them so that the correct seeds go to the correct planters, and then just hook all your cables together in one big underground network, and then dump seeds into the network and let the filters sort them for you. I'd have all the Harvesters dump their harvested crops into a single output chest, which is pulled into the AE network via an import bus. Otherwise your AE network is going to have a lot of trouble running out of channels, with so many planters and harvesters all needing to be connected by an individual import/export bus each. As for getting seeds back to the planters, EnderIO filters can be set with different priority levels, so just have your planters be set to priority 1, so all the seeds and saplings that come out of the Harvesters go back into the planters. You can then set a trash can at priority 0, so once your planters fill up, any excess seeds just get voided rather than clogging your AE system.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Pidmon posted:

Eventually I end up doing on-demand growth of magic crops with a solid bed of lilypads of fertility underneath them. So in your case, each cell gets its own dedicated lines of farming equipment--with magic crops compatibility in mind--separated from the rest. If you can use MFR, you can stuff cobblestone into all the slots but one, which will help keep each patch homogeneous. Maybe the 50 patch can be your overflow where you leave it unrestricted. After that, set up level emitters on all the byproducts of these crops and they'll just fire off to different patches as your demand for their resources arise. This gives you the perk of being able to use all garden patches for a huge, emergency job.

If you're afraid that's going to lead to long periods of bare patches when there's no demand, but still want to do on-demand farming, then set up each garden at a different height so you get some texture in everything.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Pidmon posted:

Planters work fine since you can put them under your crops. Just have an Export bus on each planter, and you won't even have to use cobble or anything, at least for the squares that a planter's radius can fit perfectly into. Harvesters will NEVER be able to cover an area that large without taking up crop space, but golems can! You can use vacuum hoppers (or some other similar block) or just have golems place harvested items into chests floating just above the crops.

If you use harvesters for the edges of the square or something(which is probably a good idea since golems are entities and thus laggy), you won't have to restrict them in any way to a particular block of crops. The planters are the only ones you need to mess with. A 2x2 area would require four cobblestone-upgrade planters and some way of rationing seeds, or a surplus of seeds so one planter can't hog all of the seeds.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I performed some experiments for the sprig.

1) So the altar requires plants around it to have power. But you need a variety of them, because too much of the same plant has diminishing returns, and trees seem to give the most. Though I'm not entirely sure about all that, I will need further experiments. It seems just plopping an altar down in a forest without knowing what the gently caress wouldn't do it, because at first I had a bit of trouble getting the power up to where it needed to be.

2) Upon successful completion, the brew stayed red so red does but there were a lot of sparkles and they did a little swirly dance. The failures end up with just black smoke particles. So I guess you need particles not turned off to tell what's happening.

3) I made a new altar setup that seemed to not be as extreme in terms of plant usage (though I used a wither skull for the higher multiplier)

which was good because I was going to test it against the old one but awwwwww poo poo

4) The sprig needs 3000 power, and if you have the altar right clicked you see that it uses it all at once (subtracts from total power) exactly when crafting happens. So not only are power requirements for cauldron crafting sometimes high and not documented any place I could find, there's also no way to know them until you successfully craft something!

The mod's nice for the most part, with lots of potential for multiplayer cursing prank hijinx but this is kind of annoying. Later I might try to figure out how the gently caress the altar works. I mean, yeah, magic mod it's not a machine but how can you plan out an attractive and functional altar setup with limited uncheated resources if all you know is "lots of plants" and not too close to the loving firepit :doh:

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Is this going to be a garden, something built primarily for the looks and a little function just to make it not simply a hollow facade, or a big old golem slave plantation?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Acne Rain posted:

I performed some experiments for the sprig.

1) So the altar requires plants around it to have power. But you need a variety of them, because too much of the same plant has diminishing returns, and trees seem to give the most. Though I'm not entirely sure about all that, I will need further experiments. It seems just plopping an altar down in a forest without knowing what the gently caress wouldn't do it, because at first I had a bit of trouble getting the power up to where it needed to be.

2) Upon successful completion, the brew stayed red so red does but there were a lot of sparkles and they did a little swirly dance. The failures end up with just black smoke particles. So I guess you need particles not turned off to tell what's happening.

3) I made a new altar setup that seemed to not be as extreme in terms of plant usage (though I used a wither skull for the higher multiplier)

which was good because I was going to test it against the old one but awwwwww poo poo

4) The sprig needs 3000 power, and if you have the altar right clicked you see that it uses it all at once (subtracts from total power) exactly when crafting happens. So not only are power requirements for cauldron crafting sometimes high and not documented any place I could find, there's also no way to know them until you successfully craft something!

The mod's nice for the most part, with lots of potential for multiplayer cursing prank hijinx but this is kind of annoying. Later I might try to figure out how the gently caress the altar works. I mean, yeah, magic mod it's not a machine but how can you plan out an attractive and functional altar setup with limited uncheated resources if all you know is "lots of plants" and not too close to the loving firepit :doh:

I think its range is a lot larger than that.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Apparently it's "14 blocks every direction" but again I don't think you can just spam oak logs and get to 4000, though I don't know the formula either.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Blind Duke posted:

Is this going to be a garden, something built primarily for the looks and a little function just to make it not simply a hollow facade, or a big old golem slave plantation?

I was testing it as just floating platforms out the back of the first floor on ME^3's main floor in creative mode, which I might restart to do a proper go at them - like I said in the post to avoid lag with pipes and suchlike I'm going to cheat in tesseracts.

I can take photos of what I've got when I get home, but basically it's A) MFR planets and harvesters, each hooked up to a tesseract; B) each square is at a different height (4x4 is the lowest I've got so far, with reeds, pumpkins and melons underneath a hovering 2x2 jungle wood setup

I jammed in MFR and Pam's Harvestcraft into the pack because I kind of wanted to do this in Agrarian Skies at first but my laptop overheats too easy and isn't really working as far as getting AgSkies going.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Acne Rain posted:

Other one: Atum in 1.7. I've used it in 1.5 with no problem but the gate just won't trigger. I made it to the specifications, deleted any other possible blocks, made it out of sandstone, no dice, the scarab just refuses to whisk me to egyptland. what's the ish.

It's only possible to create the portal in creative (or adventure) mode right now. According to the config, requiring creative to make a portal is an option but actually changing that setting doesn't do anything, it's apparently a bug. If you pop into creative real quick the scarab will work and the portal will remain when you go back into survival.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Do you have to do something to get runed tablets to spawn in Thaumcraft dungeons? I find the capstone room, but there is never a tablet on it.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Halibut Barn posted:

I was getting that too. I managed to fix it by loading level.dat in an NBT editor, searching for those values, and deleting the K: and V: tags it finds associated with them.

Can I get some more help with this? I got my level.dat in NBTExplorer.

Falcon24
Sep 9, 2004
Does anyone have any experience with building unnecessarily large Big Reactor turbine farms on a multiplayer server? Wondering about server impact. I run an old 1.6.4 server for a couple of friends and I'm in the process of creating a big turbine room in my underground science base, but I've noticed that if I run more than six turbines, the server's tickrate takes a poo poo. I'm not sure if this is a result of Big Reactors or due to how I've set the turbines up.

All of the turbines are 9x9x14 and I have them receiving and sending fluids/energy via tesseract. The reactors powering them are in a separate room.

The reactors are 29x29x3 with about 280 fuel rods in each. I was planning to run about 12 turbines off each reactor. Only the top one is running right now because I haven't yet created the turbines for the other two. The ultimate goal was to make a ton of power so that I could fully power about 40 or so mining lasers up on a space station (because I can).

The server normally runs at a steady 20 TPS. I've found however that if I run more than 7 turbines at once, the tickrate steadily drops. If I have all 12 going, the server drops to 8-10 TPS. I'm unsure if this is a byproduct of using too many turbines, from using tesseracts to supply them, or something else entirely. The only other really heavy stuff going on is a massive AE system that I have snaked through the base which runs a 5x Mekanism auto processing system. I haven't observed any performance problems from it. No one else has really built anything that would impact server performance. There are only two chunkloaders on the server and they're set to very small areas, neither of which cross the turbine room.

Am I just building too large? Do I need to scale back to keep the server from crapping itself?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
If you don't use windows the turbine blades don't render

Which is a shame, but if you are building massive numbers of turbines in a grid power and server resources are more pressing than aesthetics

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

greententacle posted:

Can I get some more help with this? I got my level.dat in NBTExplorer.

(Edit: Couldn't hurt to make a backup copy of your save first, too.) Click on the top 'level.dat' node in the tree (you have to do this each time to tell it where to start searching), press Ctrl-F to search, and enter the name you're looking for as the Value to search for, with its checkbox on.

It should find an entry that looks like this (the V: number will probably be different but that's okay):

Click on the parent '2 entries' node just above where it was found and click on the red 'X' in the toolbar to delete that node. Repeat for each of the names it was complaining about (you'll have to search twice for two of them to find all of them). Save, and it should be able to load the world now.

Halibut Barn fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 24, 2015

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Falcon24 posted:

Does anyone have any experience with building unnecessarily large Big Reactor turbine farms on a multiplayer server? Wondering about server impact. I run an old 1.6.4 server for a couple of friends and I'm in the process of creating a big turbine room in my underground science base, but I've noticed that if I run more than six turbines, the server's tickrate takes a poo poo. I'm not sure if this is a result of Big Reactors or due to how I've set the turbines up.

All of the turbines are 9x9x14 and I have them receiving and sending fluids/energy via tesseract. The reactors powering them are in a separate room.

The reactors are 29x29x3 with about 280 fuel rods in each. I was planning to run about 12 turbines off each reactor. Only the top one is running right now because I haven't yet created the turbines for the other two. The ultimate goal was to make a ton of power so that I could fully power about 40 or so mining lasers up on a space station (because I can).

The server normally runs at a steady 20 TPS. I've found however that if I run more than 7 turbines at once, the tickrate steadily drops. If I have all 12 going, the server drops to 8-10 TPS. I'm unsure if this is a byproduct of using too many turbines, from using tesseracts to supply them, or something else entirely. The only other really heavy stuff going on is a massive AE system that I have snaked through the base which runs a 5x Mekanism auto processing system. I haven't observed any performance problems from it. No one else has really built anything that would impact server performance. There are only two chunkloaders on the server and they're set to very small areas, neither of which cross the turbine room.

Am I just building too large? Do I need to scale back to keep the server from crapping itself?

Put opis on your server. BR and AE are some of the best performance tech mods of there though, I am skeptical that they would hit the the tickrate so hard (although that reactor is.... Very big), my guess would be mechanism.

Falcon24
Sep 9, 2004
You were right - I ran opis and found out someone had put a few ICBM laser turrets down by their base. I removed them and the performance went back to normal. I also did what Blind Duke recommended and removed all the turbine glass, which helped as well. Thank you!

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

You got beta'd! I'd switch to the stable stream if you're not cool with weird poo poo just happening sometimes. That should be fixed now, though.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Is there a limit to how big or complex and Archimedes ship can be? I don't want to accidentally try to build something that makes it impossible for me to get back into my save because it crashes so hard. I was thinking of converting one of those small pirate ships into an airship, but I don't know how the game would react since some of their blocks are underwater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

ToastyPotato posted:

Is there a limit to how big or complex and Archimedes ship can be? I don't want to accidentally try to build something that makes it impossible for me to get back into my save because it crashes so hard. I was thinking of converting one of those small pirate ships into an airship, but I don't know how the game would react since some of their blocks are underwater.

2048 is I believe the biggest the ships can be by default. If it gets bigger than that, it just won't accept it as an airship. Archimedes' may be one of the most stable mods I've seen nowadays which is funny because of what it use to do.

• Locked thread