Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I feel like at this point, the next movie pretty much has to involve a demon, a supernatural entity cursed with immortality, begin in some vague historical period, and end in 2014.

(Come to think of it, even the Animation Damnation fits into this, since like Adam Frankenstein, Dracula, and Russo-Irish gangster/horse-whisperer Colin Farrel, the Simpsons too are cursed to still walk the earth in 2014, long after their time should have passed.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'd say Johnny Depp pretty easily fits into the demon category in Transcendence.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I hope they really are making a shared universe with the Universal Monsters so we can get a remake of Drak Pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmkh95oWODA

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Gyges posted:

I'd say Johnny Depp pretty easily fits into the demon category in Transcendence.
The trailer for this looked hilarious and I really want them to do another Depp movie after Secret Window but I still hope it's Tusk.

Both because they've never done a Kevin Smith movie but more importantly because gently caress Tusk.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gyges posted:

I said it before but there's no way Steve will let Transcendence fly.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that they chose to do Dracula Untold (ANOTHER stupid monsters-demons-etc movie) rather than, say, Men Women and Children, or The Other Woman, but I haven't listened to the episode yet so for all I know it could be hilarious. It just seems a bit samey picking movies that are bad in exactly the same way, I'd prefer it if Worst of 2014 were more of a mix of different kinds of horrible. Fingers crossed for a not-demon movie next week.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Infamous Sphere posted:

I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that they chose to do Dracula Untold (ANOTHER stupid monsters-demons-etc movie) rather than, say, Men Women and Children, or The Other Woman, but I haven't listened to the episode yet so for all I know it could be hilarious. It just seems a bit samey picking movies that are bad in exactly the same way, I'd prefer it if Worst of 2014 were more of a mix of different kinds of horrible. Fingers crossed for a not-demon movie next week.

I was forced to watch The Other Woman the other day and all I could think about was "I hope this was the hint for this week". As good as the episode was, I was legit disappointed that it was Dracula Untold. The Other Woman may have been the worst thing I've ever seen...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Grapplejack posted:

I said it before but there's no way Steve will let Transcendence fly.

They mentioned that as a stay tuned. I forget which one said they just rewatched it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Three Days to Kill was the worst movie I saw last year and I'm outraged that they haven't covered it

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

GPTribefan posted:

I was forced to watch The Other Woman the other day and all I could think about was "I hope this was the hint for this week". As good as the episode was, I was legit disappointed that it was Dracula Untold. The Other Woman may have been the worst thing I've ever seen...

Yeah, my comment about Nicholas Coster Waldau was some wishful thinking. That was a rare turd of a movie.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Transcendence was literally nothing more than, "Frankenstein, but with computers," so unless they surprise us somehow I'm pretty sure that's next week's episode.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Infamous Sphere posted:

I, Frankenstein was an obvious pick because it's lively and goofy and terrible. Winter's Tale is something special and definitely not the same as Drac and Frank; it's a magical realism style romance. If anything, it's Dracula Untold that's the odd linking factor here.

It's probably Transcendence, but I'll take the outside chance with a guess and say it was a reference to Robert de Niro and he only had one film in 2014: The Bag Man.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Did they really pick Dominic Cooper for the role of some turkish general? drat.
Does not help that Dominic Cooper and Luke Evans look interchangeable.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Random Stranger posted:

I, Frankenstein was an obvious pick because it's lively and goofy and terrible. Winter's Tale is something special and definitely not the same as Drac and Frank; it's a magical realism style romance. If anything, it's Dracula Untold that's the odd linking factor here.

It's probably Transcendence, but I'll take the outside chance with a guess and say it was a reference to Robert de Niro and he only had one film in 2014: The Bag Man.

What about Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit as it was directed by Kenneth Branagh

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

What about Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit as it was directed by Kenneth Branagh

The clue was Frankenstein's monster so Branagh escapes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just re-listened to the Abraxas episode and goddamn that was hilarious. God bless WHM. I can listen to episodes tons of times and still find comedy.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I've listened to the first ten episodes of The Worst Idea In The World Podcast, which makes it about four hours of reviews of The Grownups 2.

I'm hoping to finish out the whole thing in time to catch the last couple episodes as they come out.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Djeser posted:

I've listened to the first ten episodes of The Worst Idea In The World Podcast, which makes it about four hours of reviews of The Grownups 2.

I'm hoping to finish out the whole thing in time to catch the last couple episodes as they come out.

I started this and got to about 10 in but they just started getting drunk every episode and it seemed less funny as it went on. I do kind of want to finish it though, I already had a weird fascination with GW2 (and I've seen it like a dozen times myself :ughh: ) before I heard of the podcast thanks to the WHM episode about it.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Listening to WHM's Animation Damnation. God drat, just when you think the well of Goofy v. Pluto jokes has run dry...

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Djeser posted:

I've listened up to 10 as well, and goddamn it, I laugh every time they describe the Adam Sandler clarinet scene. I know if I actually saw it I wouldn't laugh, but the way they describe it and their disgust at how half-hearted it is, as well as the lameness of the "garage band loop", I couldn't stop cracking up.
It's incredibly hard to ring humour out of unfunny comedy movies, but they're managing it. The podcast is way more fun than I thought it would be, but again, only 10 eps in. Waiting for ice cream scoop woman to show up.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I'm up around 20 so far, right now one of them is in Europe so they're skyping in and the other has moved to a new home with a projector in his room just for Grownups 2.

The episodes are kind of blurring together but the only one where I really had trouble following it was the one where they were wandering around in some big NZ city while recording and mostly talking about their logistics for the next watch.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
WHM loves doing white person saves a black high school movies so much, but why have they never done Dangerous Minds

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Al! posted:

WHM loves doing white person saves a black high school movies so much, but why have they never done Dangerous Minds

Coolio went after Weird Al over Gangsta's Paradise and they fear a Coolio confrontation as a result.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It started as a good episode of the Flop House this week, then they hit the sponsors and it became the best episode of the Flop House.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
To me, the shot of a man's rear end--and I think I speak for all women--does nothing.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
Holy hell, the second advertisement on today's episode of The Flophouse is fantastic.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Al! posted:

They would if Dangerous Minds involved Michelle Phiffer getting a baseball bat and beating the black youth into submission.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

To me, the shot of a man's rear end--and I think I speak for all women--does nothing.

June is the best. The absolute best.

I swear I go back and listen to her Monkeyshines rant at least twice a week, and I still can't exactly figure out her problem.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ArtVandelay posted:

June is the best. The absolute best.

I swear I go back and listen to her Monkeyshines rant at least twice a week, and I still can't exactly figure out her problem.

The monkey wasn't credited as playing a ROLE but rather just 'whatever the monkey' and they made it seem like monkeys just go on violent rampages...I think?

June is a national treasure.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The monkey wasn't credited as playing a ROLE but rather just 'whatever the monkey' and they made it seem like monkeys just go on violent rampages...I think?

June is a national treasure.

I thought it was that because they used six monkeys instead of one that people might think that one monkey was capable of doing all the things that the monkey in the film did rather than requiring a gang of coordinated monkeys.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
It's a bit of both. She feels that if you credited all the monkeys it would be more revealing of the artifice of it all, which would then make it clear that there is no actual monkey that is capable of evil plotting and premeditated murder.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Beeez posted:

It's a bit of both. She feels that if you credited all the monkeys it would be more revealing of the artifice of it all, which would then make it clear that there is no actual monkey that is capable of evil plotting and premeditated murder.

The best part of that whole thing was how June was legitimately worried that people would draw the conclusion that, because the monkey actor did all this, non-actor monkeys were also capable of this level of evil.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I think she was just vaguely upset about anthropomorphizing animals and had a hard time putting it into words.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Mostly it was instance that monkey's can't act, thus crediting the performance of a troop of monkeys instead of an individual monkey would properly convey the inability of a monkey to do acting and, to a lesser extent, of a monkey to perform all the actions in Monkey Shines.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
So I've heard a couple of episodes of WHM, but I can't really tell the dudes apart, so I'm not sure who we are complaining about. There's the dude with the distinct voice, sounds vaguely like Mordecai from Regular Show and 3 generic white dude voices.

Is there a particular episode where they poo poo on the one dude so I can figure out who everyone is talking about?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

ElGroucho posted:

So I've heard a couple of episodes of WHM, but I can't really tell the dudes apart, so I'm not sure who we are complaining about. There's the dude with the distinct voice, sounds vaguely like Mordecai from Regular Show and 3 generic white dude voices.

Is there a particular episode where they poo poo on the one dude so I can figure out who everyone is talking about?

I mean, they say their own names at the beginning of each episode, so you could try matching them up then.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, they say their own names at the beginning of each episode, so you could try matching them up then.

It's not a crazy issue. They commented on it themselves at the beginning of the I, Frankenstein episode.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Eric has the deepest voice, Steve is the most nasal. I feel like they're both fairly distinct. Andrew and Chris both have generic white voices but Andrew is the host and talks the most so you can catch on to him quickly.

By the time you get to know their personalities well enough to actually form opinions you'll probably figure the voices out. I doubt people would comment as much if all 4 were in every episode but everyone seems to have a favorite that sometimes isn't in an episode so that makes them grumpy. I don't really have anything against Chris, he's more articulate and even funnier than many other podcasters I've listened to, it's just that I absolutely adore Steve and Eric and hate when one is missing.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Jupin has more of a New York accent than Chris, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

WHM episode went up early, and I didn't see this one coming

Hint: not Transcendence :confused: