Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
TSM stands in a warded bush. Hai and Lemon throw out two completely missed ults. Balls jumps in then turns into mini Gnar. Bjergsen fires a whole missed spell rotation and BOTH TEAMS RETREAT.

What a battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Why does meteos have more farm than wreck sigh on elise lmao cmon meteos.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
METEOS!

But then they lose the fight handily. :negative:

Cloud 9 seriously looks like they haven't practiced much since San Jose and it's costing them dearly. Ripperino.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
TSM afraid of spiders

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Elise is decent in the new jungle, the new items are sweet on her too. Plus the buff she got in the last patch helped clear time and her kit is still flexible.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't know if Lustboy is godlike or C9's initiation was just awful but WildTurtle was completely untouched and Balls was completely ineffective and drat I need that replay.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Holy poo poo Cloud 9 what are you doing?

Well this game is over, bring out the rest of the clowns.

Edit: Ok they still have some life in them I guess.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't know if Lustboy is godlike or C9's initiation was just awful but WildTurtle was completely untouched.
Lustboy was a top 5 support in Korea when he left. This a region where you still had players like Mata, too.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
drat that pit fight

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
TSM? Better at teamfighting?

Also why the gently caress is Rek'Sai so loving loud?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

TSM was dominating and then just lets C9 get a Baron AND a Dragon?? What the gently caress?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

TheModernAmerican posted:

TSM? Better at teamfighting?

Also why the gently caress is Rek'Sai so loving loud?
All the new champs are loud as gently caress, it started from around like, Yasuo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cloud9 manages to take 1 for 2 and a Baron from behind. They wouldn't have lost Balls if Hai hadn't taken the Lantern from him

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Man Hai's ults are like 1for 5 this game.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Flameingblack posted:

Cloud9 manages to take 1 for 2 and a Baron from behind. They wouldn't have lost Sneaky if Hai hadn't taken the Lantern from Sneaky.

Sneaky flashed the wall, that was Balls that died.

Cloud 9 is lovely at teamfighting and lovely at rotations this game, what is this?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Man Balls is a bad Gnar. E: Lol Hai walks into the flame chompers, Zhonya's and still gets hit by the Jinx ult.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Huh, just noticed the live stats feed is a couple minutes ahead of the live stream.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sushipants posted:

Man Hai's ults are like 1for 5 this game.

As much as people say Lemonation is the weak link on C9, every since the collapsed lung Hai's play has seriously suffered. He's had a small champion pool for a long time, too.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I am kind of astounded at how completely safe WildTurtle is in every team fight.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hai is bad lmao

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Flipswitch posted:

Man Balls is a bad Gnar.

Or maybe Gnar isn't as useful as the LCS teams think he is. Everything about his kit is so situational and it's too easy for these guys to play around it.

TSM legitimately looks like the best team in North America right now and I don't think we'll be seeing Cloud 9 retake first place this split. :saddowns:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
These are among the worst Fizz/Gnar games I've ever seen played competitively. C9 will still win though when they hit Dragon stacks.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

Or maybe Gnar isn't as useful as the LCS teams think he is. Everything about his kit is so situational and it's too easy for these guys to play around it.

TSM legitimately looks like the best team in North America right now and I don't think we'll be seeing Cloud 9 retake first place this split. :saddowns:

Gnar is pretty much 100% pick/ban and 1 terrible game from Balls doesn't suddenly change this.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Yeah, some of these teamfights look waaaaay to similar to my silver placement games.

Good dragon control by C9 though, not that it seems to matter.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

I am kind of astounded at how completely safe WildTurtle is in every team fight.
To be fair it's Jinx who can toggle to rockets to stay back if she needs to and TSM does have a Rek'Sai and an Irelia barreling into every teamfight with Bjerg's Ahri demanding attention. It doesn't help that Hai is making GBS threads the bed this game hardcore as well.

Lightning Knight posted:

no it's that Balls is terrible at Gnar. There are plenty of games to showcase how good Gnar is competitively.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

RIP Sneaky KDA

Conclusion: Ban Janna.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Asema posted:

Gnar is pretty much 100% pick/ban and 1 terrible game from Balls doesn't suddenly change this.

Every single time Gnar would've gone into Mega Gnar form and been relevant TSM just walked away. TSM just put a clinic on how to make Gnar completely irrelevant by never fighting when he could do anything that matters.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
balls got banned out he should invent another teamfight ap to go with rumble and lissandra. their comp is so ill suited for lategame with 3 utility tanks (as a nunu main i know all about what happens when you have 3 utility tanks in lategame).

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Big ups to the terrors of midlane, the ultimate team Bjergson and Hot Man Six Pack, the Danish Duo.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
Santorin is a very handsome man.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

LOL JOHN CENA TSM WINS

On the bright side I have Lustboy on fantasy and he'll be the only player in NA to give me points this week.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Hypocrisy posted:

Yeah I wanted to wait until the end of the game to post this but Turtle played that game the way he should every game. If he keeps that up TSM is going to be really good this split.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

TSM is getting so multinational that they look like the BK Kids Club.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

No wonder Hai lost it for them, look at that awful earring he is wearing. I feel like I'm in some 1990s wayne's world dream scape.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dyrus had a really good game when you consider how rough a start he had to the game.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Asema posted:

Balls is really bad on some other champ right?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hai is one of the best shotcallers in the world, but he has bad nerves and isn't the most solid midlaner. Just replace Lemon with Hai to keep the shotcalling, move Lemon to coach, and find a new midlaner.

TheModernAmerican posted:

Balls is really bad on some other champ right?
Balls is a godawful Lissandra and Lulu, but he still picks them often.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Every single time Gnar would've gone into Mega Gnar form and been relevant TSM just walked away. TSM just put a clinic on how to make Gnar completely irrelevant by never fighting when he could do anything that matters.

No, actually. The first fight in mid-lane he was in Mega Gnar and despite being in position to hit multiple people (Dyrus, Santorin, Lustboy, maybe WT) with his ult he didn't use it. Instead he waited for like 5 seconds, then flashed and only got WT.

He's just not a very good Gnar.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
IT HAPPENED! IT loving HAPPENED! gently caress YES! TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM! WHERE YOU AT CLOUD NINE?! WHERE YOU AT?!

gently caress YES that was so good. Those rotations man! Love 'em! Love 'em to bits! Santorin leveled up, just like they needed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
Phreak kinda looks like he should be tying someone to railroad tracks.

• Locked thread