Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

rscott posted:

I hear it's a good time to get into oil

The nice thing about oil companies is that they pay dividends, so even if the stock stays flat, there's still some income. That said, I don't want any more exposure to oil, it's too volatile. At least I didn't jump in before the crash, or worse, buy futures a few months ago.

Edit: and perhaps the least-AI thing ever -- I've been watching craigslist for a cheap Prius, especially one that needs a battery pack. I think with the glut of cheap gas, people are going to be short-minded and go back to gas hogs... and I doubt that cheap gas is going to be a long-term thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
First car behind the wall in the race is an Audi. See, racing is just like real cars!

bend
Dec 31, 2012

Fo3 posted:

I guess the other petrol station I filled the jerry can up with had bad fuel (which is also nice to know).
Other good news is the fuel filter for the ute is the same as my old car and I already had one spare for that.

If you topped it off from a jerry can it might be worth checking that the can doesn't have a bunch of crap in it that's ending up in the tank before you decide the other joint has crap petrol. I've had a new plastic one i bought that had a heap of plastic swarf in the bottom, and a metal one I hadn't used in a while that rusted up pretty badly.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Nah, it was a jerry can I use a lot for lawn mowers, or even used to keep spare fuel in for my ute before. Completely empty and clean when filling. I had in the the ute empty just in case because I know I was pushing the limit, but had no choice because I was late for a medical appointment.
Ute ran out of fuel on the way home from that appointment, so I took the well used and clean can and walked to the nearest petrol station to where I was and filled up 5 L and walked back. Ute started but ran like poo poo. I suspected maybe fuel pump dying and started prepping for a pump change but then thought it's a bit odd that it starts fine if the pump is dodgey. That's when I thought today it may be worth buying some fuel elsewhere before buying a fuel pump.

Maybe the pump is on it's way out, oh well, at least I got all the bolts lubed, and I'm not putting the canopy back on anyway (only had it because of the roof rack for ladders and locking away toolboxes and gas bottles etc inside. But I'm not running a business anymore any way).
Besides, an open top ute is more useful for tall things and rubbish dump trips which is probably what I'll be using it for more now these days, plus a lot more visibility when driving.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 24, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ, they said a black man in power needed to be put in his place. You can argue it all you want, they were just shy of saying he should be lynched.

Jesus.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Powershift posted:

Have i got the solution to all your problems!

*girly scream*

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
It's 61 outside. WTF. We have almost no snow pack. Summer is going to be hot and dry. Thanks Oregon.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

So I found the coolest thing for 10 year old me and bought two for our bikes. I still like it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Oh God, Breaker! Breaker! Chuck Norris driving a 4x4 Econoline with massive eagle mural airbrushed on the side. :911:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ, they said a black man in power needed to be put in his place. You can argue it all you want, they were just shy of saying he should be lynched.

Jesus.

Racists are complete loving idiots, Redditors are just loving idiots, MRA's are bigoted loving idiots, SJW's are racist privledged loving idiots, Tumblr's are stupendous loving idiots, Comic book nerds are Rainbow Sparkles loving idiots, pretty much everyone else is a lesser loving idiot to various degrees that can be vaguely tolerated.

Humanity has no hope. Blow it all up and let the cats take over.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

wallaka posted:

So I found the coolest thing for 10 year old me and bought two for our bikes. I still like it.

A fat bike? Hell yeah. :hf:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

MrChips posted:

Also investment properties are almost universally a terrible idea. Ask yourself this; what level of profit is acceptable for dealing with complete fucktard tenants?
That's why you do investment automobiles:science:

iwentdoodie posted:

I really don't know what it is about them. I saw a couple when I was in Japan for a few days, and just fell in love.
Agreed, I love goofy little trucks. Always on the look out for a deal on a VW Caddy, Datsun Pickup or something similar.

iwentdoodie posted:

Edit: don't forget, Rolex 24 is starting on Fox here in a minute.
Time to see if I can find a live stream, thanks for the reminder

Powershift posted:

Love It :gay:

rscott posted:

I hear it's a good time to get into oil
I've done a little oil, a couple companies have started buying our computers so I figure what the hell.

Holy poo poo productive day for once. Fixed the rear axles, installed rear axles and new bearings, rebuilt remaining CV joints and installed, installed shift linkage stuff, driveshaft in, differential in, all fluids currently draining and a harbor freight run. Tomorrow is brakes (lines/calipers/flush), refill fluids, install at least the exhaust headers then see if the fucker will start:getin: drat I'm sore.

Now I think it's time for another massive batch of chili.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If you are serious about that datsun comment, my sister is looking to sell her '80 720 I've posted some pics of occasionally. L20B engine, RWD manual, I've done some work on it. It was an Arizona truck until a couple years ago, has been in the northeast for a few years but has no serious rust issues, just a little staining in a few spots. Runs and drives aside from a clutch slave cylinder that will be replaced before purchase, she's looking for $1500.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Cat Terrist posted:

Humanity has no hope. Blow it all up and let the cats take over.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

kastein posted:

If you are serious about that datsun comment, my sister is looking to sell her '80 720 I've posted some pics of occasionally. L20B engine, RWD manual, I've done some work on it. It was an Arizona truck until a couple years ago, has been in the northeast for a few years but has no serious rust issues, just a little staining in a few spots. Runs and drives aside from a clutch slave cylinder that will be replaced before purchase, she's looking for $1500.
Anyone ever tell you your timing is lovely? Between throwing money at the E21 and the car I'm looking at Friday I'll be out of the cheap pickup truck market for a bit.

Rolex 24 at Daytona Stream - http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Powershift posted:

Ok, time to look up the car websites for a Mighty Boy

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Got a nice cold beer, and 24 Hours of Daytona on the big TV. Gotta love seeing fancy 911's missing bumpers and taillights and still having the absolute poo poo beat out of them.

I can't loving wait to go down to 12 Hours of Sebring this year. :getin:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Anyone ever tell you your timing is lovely? Between throwing money at the E21 and the car I'm looking at Friday I'll be out of the cheap pickup truck market for a bit.

Rolex 24 at Daytona Stream - http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

dammit! Had I known I would have posted about it sooner. Oh well.

I'd love to see it go to a good home, rather than some idiot stancetard who will ruin the gently caress out of it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

quote:

Japanese Classics is a licensed automotive dealership and importer based in Richmond, VA.

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD IM GONNA BE POOR NOW

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fox sports app has all kinds of in car views of the Rolex, Im in the 911 now :)

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Nooooo I missed the stupid Deltawang break. My favorite part of endurance races is watching that thing inevitably get shunted into a wall or break.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Holy poo poo: http://bringatrailer.com/2015/01/24/impressive-build-1970-volkswagen-baja-bug/

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Wow that is really well done!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

quote:

the big 2110cc VW motor runs functional A/C
:vince:

That is, like, the perfect desert toy.

E:

quote:

A big, twin-muffler exhaust should minimize unwanted attention on the freeway, though a spring-located quick change means swapping out for a straight-pipe bee stinger would be a few minutes work.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Also being a landlord sucks don't do it meatpimp or it will end in tears. If you must at least hire a property manager or they'll find you in a shed with a hibachi.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

meatpimp posted:

I'm going to look at a duplex to buy for an investment property. :fingerscrossed:

Let me know how this turns out and if you like it once you get into it. I want to eventually do something similar.

Are you on BiggerPockets? They've got a great podcast.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
So I decide to give Tinder a shot and have been pleasantly surprised. I have gotten a bunch of matches in just a day and chatting with all these women has been great to pass time at work. Now I just need to get some time off to go out.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Adiabatic posted:

Please buy that Sunny

T-Square
May 14, 2009

drat Ferrari-driving French-men! :argh: The Aston sounded so good too.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Anyone near Oakland looking for a job? There's a new pizza shop in Oakland that needs drivers with clean driving records (and in-store staff too). I know one of the owners, good guy.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Will they let bikes deliver? Because gently caress yiss moving there(ish) in two weeks.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

cursedshitbox posted:

Will they let bikes deliver? Because gently caress yiss moving there(ish) in two weeks.

Yes, motorcycles should be fine... I'll PM you with details.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

Fuuuuuck, it's a good thing I'm already poor, I had no idea an importer was that close. It'll be a few years before the cars I really want are legal anyway...

In other news, I deleted Yik-Yak off my phone because it was only a daily reminder of how stupid, petty and closed minded people are. Bring on the nukes/meteor/zombies.

Cat Terrist, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty :(

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
For fucks sake Ford, design a thermostat housing that won't drop the thermostat during installation.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

CommieGIR posted:

For fucks sake Ford, design a thermostat housing that won't drop the thermostat during installation.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Goes in from the front of the car. :smug:

but if you try to take the engine support crossmember off the bolts all shear off from rust fuckin thanks ford you shits

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
The ice cream truck has been pretty much circling the block all day doing it's annual drug run mysterious annual ice cream run. There's a whole town out there. gently caress off!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

The subaru ones are actually pretty reasonably designed. Shock, awe, etc.

On the other hand, 3VZE Toyota water necks / thermostat housings go through the timing belt idler pulley.

THEY GO THROUGH THE loving TIMING BELT IDLER PULLEY.

Like, the pulley bearing loving rides on it. If you need to replace that part (and the thermostat housing cover/hose barb thing goes over two little tiny studs in it and is held down with nuts, so you better bet it's going to happen eventually when the nuts seize and the studs break) you have to gently caress with your cam drive synch!

e: here it is in all its glory

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just had Thai food. I like it really hot. My wife, with her great sense of humor, ordered mine and in special instructions she put "as hot as possible. No, hotter than that. Yeah, that hot."

I'm loving dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I'm at a lovely bar in North Dakota, watching my parents dance. Now I know who I inherited my horrible awkwardness on my feet from.

• Locked thread