Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pigeon is such a drunk rear end in a top hat bastard, I love it.

EDIT: PLEASE tell me Tingle will be a recurring character.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Holy Crap, that Venture Bros special was amazing.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shoutout to the dudes that suggested 1PM it's serious ownage

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lineup changes! Tomorrow, Toonami will run from 11:30-5:30, and from next week on, it will run from 11:30-5:00 for the forseeable future. What this means for us is things will be half an hour earlier. So Goonami will probably be half an hour earlier as well.

Tomorrow:

11:30 – DBZ Kai
12:00 – Naruto: Shippuden
12:30 – Inuyasha the Final Act
01:00 – One Piece
01:30 – Gurren Lagann
02:00 – Deadman Wonderland
02:30 – Bleach
03:00 – Space Dandy
03:30 – Cowboy Bebop
04:00 – Ghost in the Shell
04:30 – IGPX
05:00 – Samurai Jack

Next Week:

11:30 – DBZ Kai
12:00 – Naruto: Shippuden
12:30 – Inuyasha the Final Act
01:00 – One Piece
01:30 – Gurren Lagann
02:00 – Deadman Wonderland
02:30 – Attack on Titan
03:00 – Bleach
03:30 – Space Dandy
04:00 – Cowboy Bebop
04:30 – Ghost in the Shell

Demarco confirmed that this is due to rating, but that they aren't going anywhere. Also Kill la Kill is still set to air, but its actual airing time is TBD.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 23, 2015

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Well I guess that means so long IGPX and Samurai Jack then.

Rediculous that they're still sticking Bleach in there though. Think it'd be more cost efficient to put a show they own there instead of Bleach reruns but :shrug:.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Kill la Kill is still set to air, but its actual airing time is TBD.

I saw the line up stuff on the tumblr, but not this. So it's not the seventh of next month anymore?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm not sure and I don't think they are either. This seemed to hit them pretty suddenly.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
drat, that's such a downer. Hopefully it'll be soon, and at least they're still hanging in for now.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
the longer we go without KLK, the better

please God let them acquire something that is actually good in 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Things I Want Toonami To Get:

Jojo
Baccano
Tiger & Bunny
Jormungand

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waffleman_ posted:

Things I Want Toonami To Get:

Jojo
Baccano
Tiger & Bunny
Jormungand
If we're talking poo poo that doesn't even have a dub yet Hunter x Hunter would be nice

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
If we're adding series that toonami will probably never pick up, you might as well add Mushishi.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
JoJo would be great for Toonami if whoever was dubbing it had done more.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Oh wow I was actually kinda dreading a 2/7 premiere. It's already gonna be a very busy day for me.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Toonami should acquire the rights to Yakitate!! Japan and air the greatest bread shonen ever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Toonami should acquire the rights to

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

agreed.

New Mike Tyson is brilliant; how many episodes are in this run?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beef Waifu posted:

Hmmmmmm

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

BIRD UP! The WORST show on television!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kill La Kill

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

OneDeadman posted:

If we're adding series that toonami will probably never pick up, you might as well add Mushishi.

Before I read that they would only do action shows Mushishi was the number one thing I wanted on Toonami.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beef Waifu posted:

Kill La Kill

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqrJBgPrevk

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Cerony posted:

Oh wow I was actually kinda dreading a 2/7 premiere. It's already gonna be a very busy day for me.

Nope it's still coming 2/7, it just sounds like they're changing the show's timeslot.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Argus Zant posted:

BIRD UP! The WORST show on television!

SNAIL DOWN Just got renewed for 8 seasons!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rabbit Sideways

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

HorseRenoir posted:

Nope it's still coming 2/7, it just sounds like they're changing the show's timeslot.

Makes sense, 11:30 seemed unrealistic to me.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

HorseRenoir posted:

Ah ok. Really as long as it's after midnight I should be fine :)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

DBZ Kai: After three weeks, Goku succeeds in catching Bubbles. He is then issued his second challenge, to hit Gregory, the flying grasshopper, with a large mallet. After two weeks of trying, Goku succeeds and fully masters the planet's gravity in the process. King Kai then proceeds to teach Goku his signature technique: the Kaio-ken. On Earth, Gohan's training with Piccolo comes to a close, while the rest of the Z Fighters finish their training with Kami and go their separate ways.

One Piece: As Spandam is shaken by the Strawhats' decalaration of war, Franky reveals that he had the blueprints of the weapon Pluton hidden in his body, kept by him and the previous shipwrights as a countermeasure against another weapon revived by the World Government. Franky decides to gamble on the Strawhats' resolve and burn the blueprints right in front of Spandam. When the Franky Family reveals that they're there too, Franky gets distracted and is shoved off the balcony by Spandam. Kokoro launches Rocketman up the half-lowered drawbridge as the Strawhats jump on, hitting Franky and crashing into the Tower of Law.

Gurren Lagann: As the Anti-Spirals attack, Simon searches for Nia, who reveals that she was chosen as the Anti-Spirals' messenger through a fluke of genetics. Meanwhile, Rossiu completes work on his secret project, a biocomputer powered by Lordegenome's head.

LAST WEEK ON GOONAMI

Slayers Next: The gang visit the two sorcerers in jail, who surmise that the slimes were summoned by the previous head of the Sorceror's guild, Halciform, who was studying immortality. Well, it turns out dude's a lich who made a contract with a Mazoku to keep his girlfriend alive and we gotta get his pledge stone. When his pledge stone is destroyed, his girlfriend is revived and begs for death, which he gives to the both of them. Then Martina comes along, falls in love with Goury, and curses Lina's poo poo.

The Hero Yoshihiko: Yoshihiko becomes an idol and we kick some animal people's asses.

This week on Slayers Next, you can't make an omelet without slaying a few dragons.

This week on Yoshihiko, Hisa's adventures and the Demon King's Castle.

Edit: By the way, end of the month, so the Toonami Q&A is tomorrow.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 24, 2015

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Edit: By the way, end of the month, so the Toonami Q&A is tomorrow.

Q: Why has God forsaken us

also, Jojo when

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Argus Zant posted:

Q: Why has God forsaken us

also, Jojo when

There's always next year

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Zant, you have groaned more about KLK than those of us who have watched it.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Zant, you have groaned more about KLK than those of us who have watched it.

i kinda needed to get it in now before it aired since i will pretty much have nothing to say once it starts

actually, one final thought: if KLK isn't the Big Acquisition that they put into the 2330 slot to pull viewers, what they hell could they get that would fill it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
DBZ

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

no, i mean like, what could they get in 2015 that would be fresh & exciting enough to pull viewers but wouldn't have too much objectionable content to bar it from being shown before midnight

like, Space Dandy started 2014 in that slot because it was the New, Exciting, World Premier Hotness and they wanted everybody to see it
then they got Attack on Titan, which was the New, Exciting Hotness that Everybody and Their Mother had been clamoring for
then both of those shows finished their runs and went into repeats, but they didn't have anything Brand loving New to replace them in the 2330 slot, so they kept AoT

now they've just gotten KLK, which was another New, Exciting Hotness that Everybody and Their Mother has been clamoring for literally since last year
but they're not putting it into the pre-midnight slot, likely because it's too skeevy to show then
so instead we get DBZK, which is I think several years old already, not to mention it's already been running on the block since November

so what would/could they get in 2015 that would be

A)Relatively recent/new
B)Unobjectionable for airing at 2330

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

^^ Psycho-Pass?

Yeah, it's probably gonna stay DBZ, which is honestly a better fit for that slot because it's something everyone can enjoy.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Two Fridays from now is "Dinner With Family With Brett Gelman and Brett Gelman's Family."

Also, the pre-Toonami lineup has changed for the next two weeks:

8-9:30 PM no changes
9:30 Rick and Morty
10:00 Robot Chicken
10:30 Family Guy
11:00 American Dad

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Argus Zant posted:

now they've just gotten KLK, which was another New, Exciting Hotness that Everybody and Their Mother has been clamoring for literally since last year
but they're not putting it into the pre-midnight slot, likely because it's too skeevy to show then
so instead we get DBZK, which is I think several years old already, not to mention it's already been running on the block since November

Is that really much of a problem? I wouldn't think KLK would need much editing to be any worse then anything else shown on Toonami or Adult Swim, outside of a particular scene or two.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Consider this: Pretty much the entire supporting cast spends the last quarter of the series rear end naked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Absolutely incredible season finale from Eric Andre. Bird Up! is one of my favorite bits of his.

• Locked thread