Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Points for honesty?

LRC is such a great place that I took more caps of pubbies examines!

The last three are :wtc:

This isn't an examine text but what the gently caress

Ok, I swear this is my last edit but I found that dudes twin except this guy has 2 Defence. Account ruined. :reject:

Terces fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Getting 99 Hunter at Grenwalls, in addition to about 30M in spikes, gave me about 12M in herbs.

Do Grens, make bank

E: I just sold the profits of my last push from 98 to 99 Hunter and doubled my cash stack

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 24, 2015

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

I was talking to Pizza Lady about this strange dude in LRC. No, not like the above pubbies with the lovely/weird examines - a different kind of strange. This guy is following the rocktail swarm around, but he doesn't fish with us. He just stands nearby. And when the rocktail shoal moves, so does he. Just standing next to it. Staring into the distance. Plady said I should cap him so here he is.

I examined him, and discovered why he does not fish...

Oh Sara. :stare:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Terces posted:

I examined him, and discovered why he does not fish...

Oh Sara. :stare:

You're in his ol' stompin' grounds I reckon.
Still, some people should do that. Stand around in relevant areas with 200M in skill experience.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Did some dominion tower. That's my progress from today - also unlocked dominion sword and cbow. Got a sword as a drop too, looks really fly.

Gonna try for all gloves. What's better for grinding out 500 kills, climber, endurance or something else?

(also i'd be down for attempting rumble mode with goons)

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

Did some dominion tower. That's my progress from today - also unlocked dominion sword and cbow. Got a sword as a drop too, looks really fly.

Gonna try for all gloves. What's better for grinding out 500 kills, climber, endurance or something else?

(also i'd be down for attempting rumble mode with goons)

Climber. You get to use all your poo poo so you'll rack up kills faster, and if you get some kind of horseshit boss you have beaten already (nomad, pest queen, sigmund??) you just exit and restart from round 1.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
So seeing as how only one person bothered to actually take pics to enter that tournament, I'm going to take that as a sign of total disinterest and scrap it.

Instead, let's do something that should be :effort: that we get at least four entries. Please?

:siren:Pubbie or Weeaboo? Guessing Game Contest/Fundraiser:siren:

INTRO

Do you know your pubbies? Do you know your weeaboos? Sometimes they mix, like everything else, and we call those Spergie Samas. But here, our goal is to simply put people into one of two categories - Is this person exclusively/more into Runescape, or exclusively/more into anime? If you're really good at this, you might win some money!

HOW TO PLAY

This is your test sheet:

See all the pubbies and weeaboos numbered from 1 to 47? Your job is to guess each one - pubbie (P) or weeaboo (W)?

Here is your answer sheet:

quote:

Using the answer sheet, answer what you think each person is. Either write in 'pubbie' or 'weeaboo' for each one. If you're lazy, P and W are fine too. Either post it in the thread with your Runescape username with the answers in spoilers, or PM/email it to me (themataaa @ gmail). I trust Goonscapers won't give a poo poo about cheating, and not that it really matters, just make your own drat answers. I won't say how many are pubbies and how many are weeaboos, and which are which, until the end.

PRIZES/FUNDRAISING

The initial prize pool will be 20m. If you're asking, Pizza Lady! It was 50m before, why did you reduce the starting prize pool by so much?, then my answer is it's because you're all nerds. :mad: However, I will continue to take any donations for the citadel fund if people are willing, and the rich generous goons can say how much they want to go into the prize pool and how much to go to the citadel.

First place will get 60% of the winnings. Second place gets 30%. Third place gets 10%. In the event of a tie, winnings will also be split accordingly.

If someone manages to get all answers right, I will increase the prize pool by 20m.

Given there is enough donations to the contest prize pool, I will also set aside a portion of those donations to giving everyone who entered a consolation prize! How kind of me. :3:

DEADLINE

You have until the end of January to enter. Just enter by whenever Saturday is wherever you are and you'll be fine. I will take donations for a few more days after while I determine who the winners are, then I'll post results.

Get crackin!

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Spergminer posted:

- Jewellery with 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, whatever charges can be noted and given to Murky Matt the pirate at the Grand Exchange. He'll decant them all into the highest charge, so for a 3 and two 6 charge games necklaces you'll get a full 8 charge and a 7 charge necklace.

This owns, but he doesnt seem to like noted rings of duelling. Not sure about other jewelry.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Answers:

1. Pubbie
2. Pubbie
3. Pubbie
4. Pubbie
5. Pubbie
6. Pubbie
7. Pubbie
8. Pubbie
9. Pubbie
10. Pubbie
11. Pubbie
12. Pubbie
13. Pubbie
14. Pubbie
15. Pubbie
16. Pubbie
17. Pubbie
18. Pubbie
19. Pubbie
20. Pubbie
21. Pubbie
22. Pubbie
23. Pubbie
24. Pubbie
25. Pubbie
26. Pubbie
27. Pubbie
28. Pubbie
29. Pubbie
30. Pubbie
31. Pubbie
32. Pubbie
33. Pubbie
34. Pubbie
35. Pubbie
36. Pubbie
37. Pubbie
38. Pubbie
39. Pubbie
40. Pubbie
41. Pubbie
42. Pubbie
43. Weabo
44. Pubbie
45. Pubbie
46. Pubbie
47. Pubbie

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

trick question, all pubbies are weeaboos

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Bonds for Permanent F2P Servers on OldSchool

Live stream on the RuneScape Twitch.tv channel right now concerning OldSchool and the future of F2P servers. From what I've gathered, there's going to be a (likely controversial) poll running very soon on the topic. The trade-off proposed by the development team is allowing membership bonds to be introduced into the game in exchange for permanent F2P servers.

Essentially, the bonds will be locked to membership use only (no MTX shops ever, according to Mat K) and the income from bond sales will be used as a supplement/replacement for the old advertising revenue stream. An advertising/rebranding campaign would also be taken on as a task if the poll passes, in an effort to differentiate OldSchool as a wholly separate service and drive new players to the game. Restrictions are likely to be placed on F2P servers in an effort to prevent rampant goldfarming, yew trees and lobsters are likely to be made members-only resources.

E:An official news post has been made covering the subject in detail.

I'm not a fan of the data chart in this post, given that OldSchool's membership has actually been growing (faster than RS3 surprisingly, according to Mod Mat in a recent livestream) and the graph with it's unlabeled units of measurement uses data extrapolated from RS3's membership over time. Despite the fact that both games share a development history, OldSchool and RS3 have taken divergent development paths and are definitively different games with unique userbases.

I don't think it's fair to project future membership trends for OldSchool based on those of the main game. It would be like claiming Ubuntu's popularity will follow the same history as Debian over time, simply because they're both branches of the linux operating at their core.

I feel like this offer is potentially opening the floodgates to further MTX stuff in OSRS, but it's going to pass a vote anyways so gently caress it, bonds in oldschool, woo!! Hopefully we'll get some actual cross-game clan chat support or some quests/additional developers out of this whole ordeal.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 25, 2015

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Soulhunter posted:

Bonds for Permanent F2P Servers on OldSchool

Live stream on the RuneScape Twitch.tv channel right now concerning OldSchool and the future of F2P servers. From what I've gathered, there's going to be a (likely controversial) poll running very soon on the topic. The trade-off proposed by the development team is allowing membership bonds to be introduced into the game in exchange for permanent F2P servers.

Essentially, the bonds will be locked to membership use only (no MTX shops ever, according to Mat K) and the income from bond sales will be used as a supplement/replacement for the old advertising revenue stream. An advertising/rebranding campaign would also be taken on as a task if the poll passes, in an effort to differentiate OldSchool as a wholly separate service and drive new players to the game. Restrictions are likely to be placed on F2P servers in an effort to prevent rampant goldfarming, yew trees and lobsters are likely to be made members-only resources.

This is just too legit. People already transfer what they've got on RS3 to the new client... so I don't see a too big of difference other than the swappers no longer making a profit from bond trading?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
In an alternate universe... where Dread Queen and Pizza Lady were never born... two other souls have taken their place instead... and on a very fateful day, they came into contact with one another...

A Tale of Two Neckbeards

"Hoh my! That's a lovely neckbeard you have there my friend!" A neckbearded fruity chef man says to a neckbearded armoured man.

"Hoh why, thank you!" The neckbearded armoured man says to the neckbearded fruity chef. "I must say, your beard, it is simply fabulous! Why, I've never seen such an exquisite neck warmer, Mr..."

"Pizza. Pizza Sir."

"Why absolutely delighted!" The neckbearded armour man replies. "I, am Dread King."
"Charmed." Pizza Sir replies. "Ah, Mr. Dread King, I don't mean to sound too forward, but.."
"Oh no no no!" Dread King interrupts. "Do go right ahead."
"I was hoping you and I could... have a little dance?"
"A dance, oh a dance!" Dread King laughs with a clap. "Yes yes, I do love a good dance, I am quite curious what a neckbearded chef such as you could conjure up, if I do say so myself!"

With that, our two alternate universe neckbearded heroes walked outside, where Pizza Sir, Dread King, and Dread King's pet hawk, Finnigan, found themselves in a nice quiet forest pathway, where Pizza Sir began the art of seduction...

"Hoh hoh goodness!" Dread King laughed with delight as Pizza Sir began to tweak and tilt his hips and elbows, allowing the subtleties of his movements to cause his neckbeard to swish from to and fro.

"Just look at him go! Isn't it amazing, Finnigan?!" Indeed, Pizza Sir knew how to dance. A true chef's delight, especially that neckbeard of his! Especially... that neckbeard...

"Milord, perhaps this isn't too forward again but..."
"Oh no no, go right ahead!"
"Might we..."

"...Rub our neckbeards together?"
"Oh... oh my. That is..."
"I'm sorry, perhaps that was too-"

"...I'd love to."
"!"

Warning, if you are not 18 or older, turn your beards away now! This story is about to get extremely bushy!

Pizza Sir and Dread King's neckbeards scruffle and ruffle together. The curly neckbeard hairs send very slight signals to neckbeard hair roots, causing a very tingly and manrubby sensation.

"Hohhggghh, Pizza Sir, your neckbeard is marvelous." Dread King says, trying to keep his cool.

"Thank you, Dread King. Hoooggghhh, your neckbeard is of the finest curls and quality too!" Pizza Sir says, starting to lose his own neckbeardy cool.

"Pizza Sir... can... can we...?" Dread King says, making starry eyed doe eyes at Pizza Sir.

"Dread King... that... that level of intimacy..!!" Pizza Sir stammers.

"Yes... please, Pizza Sir!" Dread King says as he begins to undo his manly armour. "Please..." He begs, letting the armour clank to the floor, exposing a stained wifebeater underneath, which he also rips off to expose his hairy chest. "Do it Pizza Sir!"

"I...!" Pizza Sir can't hold back! That dreadfully royal neckbeard... that dreadfully kingsome chest! Without a second thought, Pizza Sir thrusts his neckbeard forward, rubbing it into Dread King's hairy chest!

"Hauhhohoahohoh!" Dread King moans in ecstacy.

"Hnnnnrggghhh!" Pizza Sir grunts as he rubs his neckbeard all over Dread King's chest!

"Oh Pizza Sir! Those curly hairs all over my beating heart!"

Pizza Sir's neckbeard grazes left and right over Dread King's chest!

"P-Pizza Siuhuhuhuhrrr!" Dread King blubbers as he shakes his head rapidly, his neckbeard swishing along with it. "Your curly neckbeard hairs are rubbing my nip nips!"

Pizza Sir and Dread King rub and rub their curly neckbeards and hairs in ecstacy. Together forever, forever together, our two neckbearded heroes have discovered the true magic of being two neckbeards in love, embracing the twisting bushy grass growing from their upper lawn. Truly, never has such a tale of love been woven into our time.

The End

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Pizza Lady you are sick in the head

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

:shlick:

uh

i mean

How Rude posted:

Read
Dec 21, 2010

For what it's worth, I was interested in the tournament I'm just an awful procrastinator and my head is full of other deadlines :(. I will come up with my guesses in time for this though!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

How Rude posted:

kary why

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

oh hay

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
:fap:
What?
I mean, good job on Goonkey Madness! Group Goon questing is best questing.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

the best part is you can cash out the 6.5 mil, buy a regular one and come out ahead.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

mcclay posted:

:fap:
What?
I mean, good job on Goonkey Madness! Group Goon questing is best questing.

I remember that quest was utter hell to go through.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

i did it

I DID IT

I NOW OWN AN ASCENSION CROSSBOW

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Doc Friday posted:

I remember that quest was utter hell to go through.

Yeah, it was not great. And I'm not looking forwards to going back to free the Monkey King. gently caress Recipe for Disaster.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Anyone else run RS3 on low? As graphically sound RS3 is these days, I find it so hard to find crap on screen; turning it on low to get rid of the lovely dull textures and lighting is so much better.

Kinda looks like OSRS too but better! In pog form

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

simosimo posted:

Anyone else run RS3 on low? As graphically sound RS3 is these days, I find it so hard to find crap on screen; turning it on low to get rid of the lovely dull textures and lighting is so much better.

i usually play on low and only turn setting sup for new content (quests, bosses im doing for first time, etc) and screenshots

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

SleepingPizza posted:

i did it

I DID IT

I NOW OWN AN ASCENSION CROSSBOW

wow, look at this nerd, proud of his pointless accomplishments. what a nerd haha :awesome:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

New Ports update! Time to repost this handy dandy calculator! http://www.tip.it/runescape/pages/view/pop_voyage.htm

And now, stealing from the HLF, here's how to do the new Clue Voyages, because jagex didn't explain them!

quote:

A new mission is a "clue" voyage, which works like story voyages. Finish the set and you unlock rewards, like random resources every day (Exile) or scrimshaws or t85 darts or an outfit (Tengu) or removing bad traits from captain (Memory). The others just give effects (Whaler, Trapper, Chef).
If you do them wrong, you have a 75% chance to fail and waste the mission.

How to Do

One Upgrade Totem Spot is the Map table. It highlights certain eastern islands when you investigate, in different ports regions.

The Map table

Investigate example 1

IInvestigate example 2

While your clue voyage adventurer is in the port (You cannot edit destination after sending them off), you can focus a destination for them.

In the bar

Choose the one from above then send away your magical mission.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
jesus christ i want to play this again, someone help me

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

simosimo posted:

This is what I run it with:

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

Themata posted:

Beardfic

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
The selfies thing added to the orb of occ is very underwhelming

It just basically lets you take a closeup shot of your character from any possible angle. That's it. No facial expressions, poses or over the shoulder like Wind Waker or GTA, your character is always doing your standing pose in the center of the screen. You can't even emote for the pic. Very pointless feature, not enough to it to make it worth using.

EDIT:

Someone asked about angles, this is the lowest I could get. So yeah, its the normal camera with more freedom and more zoom, not exactly a "selfie"

If you want to do selfies, you're better off using the rpe existing "gaze into" free camera mode

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 26, 2015

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

Wish I hadn't JUST used the massive :stare:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It's cool you can re-use it

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Augster posted:

New Ports update! Time to repost this handy dandy calculator! http://www.tip.it/runescape/pages/view/pop_voyage.htm

And now, stealing from the HLF, here's how to do the new Clue Voyages, because jagex didn't explain them!

An update to this Clue Voyage info: you can only get the island hint from the map table every day if you have 4 map tables built. Otherwise it's one clue per 2/3/4 days. Which kinda sucks. A couple early tests indicate that it is possible to have the same island today as it was yesterday, so maybe get out that Notepad if you don't want to use 4 tables.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
So I just recovered an old account of mine, but either it was wiped, or it is not the one with my $10,000 worth of party hats on it. Still, the last logged in date is pretty good:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
summary of the tuska stream. This is ALL the tuska info released, stopped watching when they started talking about boss practice mode and demon flash mobs

Main info:

-you play as a part of a faction
-only armadyl, zamorak, saradomin and the godless are represented.No zaros/etc
-astronomy-centered wizards have spotted tuska hurtling towards the world
-tuska is hurtling through space and to fight tuska you have to teleport to her back
-tuska wont actually be on the main game overworld
-to fight tuska you do various skilling/combat junk to get a godsword-like lance
-to deal damage to tuska you stab her in the face with the lance
-each day players must deal a certain amount of damage to win that day, if they don't tuska wins
-at the end whichever side has the most days won wins the event
-vorago will feature in the event and fight tuska
-possibly 3 endings - winning, losing and a super seeekrit one

Rewards include a tuska "war priest" set;

skills include...
-woodcutting
-mining
-agility (!!!!)

will the over world be effected? possibly.

requirements to participate = none

You can not fight "for" tuska but apparently you can sway the fight in her favor

other notes:
-ironmen can participate
-it is a safe event
-combat is optional
-zaros is apparently too busy to help which is why you cant fight for him. he will apparently be slightly involved though
-inter-god conflict is not a focus. zamorakians can not fight saradominists, etc
-however the faction that deals the most damage will "win" the event

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 27, 2015

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
At the end of the stream they said that they will be working on Raids after Tuska. Time to gear up clan!

It's up on youtube if you want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ggkIEfkcU

Balls to the Mall fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 27, 2015

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
:getin:
Gonna make me some bacon pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Thrilling photo from my ongoing fight caves run.