Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Morglon posted:

The Oberon is still not good. In regular games I can finish with 80-90% damage done with the Ember just using ult and not firing my weapon once, doesn't make it good. Even after the changes horrible as they may be I'd still rather play Ember than Oberon when I'm just trying to mix it up since that's at least different from does what Saryn does but worse.

How do you finish something with 90% damage done? Do you only run with people using unranked weapons or something? I'm not trying to start a slapfight, but you're joking if you're comparing it to ember of all things. It's "not optimal," but it's far from ember/hydros/nekros level bad. Extra health drops, an ability that can be made to cost 3 energy that does respectable (1000 on target, 5 hits of 640ish for my build) damage and stunlocks your target while hitting others, and an ult that stuns and does a ton of radioactive damage to all targets in range is pretty goddamn decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

kafziel posted:

Jeez, how do you level a gun six times in two days? What's the secret?

The free booster, equipping only it, and having someone else to carry Yursa for like 5 hours or whatever.

I made 1.6mil in credits by the time I was done, then tested it out on Lephantis a bit and it just shredded him. It's a Good Gun and it looks amazing.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Male Man posted:

With a booster active (and there's a free 3-day right now) you can go 0-30 on leeched XP in a single high level 4-wave interception, which takes about 15-20 minutes.
Assuming you find anybody to run them with.

Denzine posted:

The free booster, equipping only it, and having someone else to carry Yursa for like 5 hours or whatever.
How do you not die of boredom. I can barely go for 40min or so before I am literally falling asleep on the keyboard.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kyte posted:

Assuming you find anybody to run them with.

How do you not die of boredom. I can barely go for 40min or so before I am literally falling asleep on the keyboard.

You can do that in yursa and some other defenses by bringing an excal or a saryn. Excal's RJ will handle yursa pretty easily, especially if you have another person with a decent gun to take out the eximi that show up wave 5.

E: Or bring an obe/saryn/excal to ODD and do the same thing, like I did with the Soma, which will push a single-weapon setup 0-30 in about 15 waves with the booster.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
That presupposes the "find anybody to run them with". If you go alone you'll just shove all the XP on your frame, not your weapons.

And still boring as poo poo.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Kyte posted:

That presupposes the "find anybody to run them with". If you go alone you'll just shove all the XP on your frame, not your weapons.

And still boring as poo poo.

Host Draco groups in recruiting as a roar bot rhino. Pubs may be dumb as poo poo, but there are a million trins and excals looking for rep runs. Then press 3 every 30 seconds while you watch TV.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

Turns out it was only around 2.6 hours of actual game time, plus some bullshitting in clanchat and faffing about with mods.

Also I bought a bunch of prisma gorgons in tradechat for ~50p. Here's hoping prices skyrocket.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

The Crooked Warden posted:

Host Draco groups in recruiting as a roar bot rhino. Pubs may be dumb as poo poo, but there are a million trins and excals looking for rep runs. Then press 3 every 30 seconds while you watch TV.

The matchmaker hates me. Even in Cerberus or Yursa I rarely find groups.

I found a p great pub who helped me with Yursa for the last hour or so though, so it's not that bad. Then I had to stop because my left wrist hurts like a bitch.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Kyte posted:

I found a p great pub who helped me with Yursa for the last hour or so though, so it's not that bad. Then I had to stop because my left wrist hurts like a bitch.

Draco seems to be really popular with pubs for some reason. It's always being spammed in recruiting chat, check there.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

My adopt a pubby program marches on. My pet idiot after a month of playing didnt know that you could sell weapons to clear slots. He was using mk-1 gear after at least 3-4 weeks of playing long after mastering them. He does not know that mods are built up by fusing them. He assumed he had terrible drops and asked me for a higher ranked serration. I tried to explain mod fusion to him and he completely did not understand. Then crashed.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My adopt a newbie program doesn't seem to extend beyond giving them a bunch of mods, a rhino prime frame and a bunch of void runs. They seem to pick things up pretty quickly. Isn't there a bit in the tutorial about fusing mods? This game is poo poo for explaining even basic mechanics, but I thought I remember learning that when I started. Otherwise I'd probably still be using damaged ones :P

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
The last pub I adopted nearly fellated me for explaining that matching polarity gives more xp when fusing. This game does a really bad job of explaining mechanics.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Denzine posted:

No it isn't, Prisma Gorgon makes Soma Prime looks like a yellow turd.
Disagree and also talking about how good of a weapon it is you enormously latent dweeb!

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kyte posted:

You could always ask in clan? I have yet to have a problem finding people for something popular, and i'm on at weird hours a lot.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Isn't the Prisma Gorgon's DPS higher than Soma Prime's? I remember reading something of the sort, but I could be remembering wrong.

Naturally Selected posted:

You could always ask in clan? I have yet to have a problem finding people for something popular, and i'm on at weird hours a lot.
Out of misplaced loyalty to my original clan, I'm yet to jump ship even though 90% of the time there's nobody to run missions with. The temptation is strong, but I'm a creature of habit.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

winterwerefox posted:

My adopt a pubby program marches on. My pet idiot after a month of playing didnt know that you could sell weapons to clear slots. He was using mk-1 gear after at least 3-4 weeks of playing long after mastering them. He does not know that mods are built up by fusing them. He assumed he had terrible drops and asked me for a higher ranked serration. I tried to explain mod fusion to him and he completely did not understand. Then crashed.
I await the next installment of these misadventures. :allears:

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kyte posted:

Isn't the Prisma Gorgon's DPS higher than Soma Prime's? I remember reading something of the sort, but I could be remembering wrong.

Out of misplaced loyalty to my original clan, I'm yet to jump ship even though 90% of the time there's nobody to run missions with. The temptation is strong, but I'm a creature of habit.

Ah. Yeah, this game would be pretty horrendous if you just had to rely on matchmaker/pubbies to get anything done.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I imagine whoever posted the screenshot with a bunch of Prisma Gorgons was either just showcasing what he was gonna use to fleece pubbies in the coming weeks, or was generous enough to sell them to goons, but ran out of trades at this point.

So on that note does anyone have a spare they'd be willing to sell? I don't really have the time currently to farm ducat fodder constantly, and while I don't care about the mods, I try to grab the weapons and accessories.

EDIT: The goonerosity is real. Thanks again kind goon who hooked me up with one!

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 25, 2015

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Charles Bukowski posted:

My adopt a newbie program doesn't seem to extend beyond giving them a bunch of mods, a rhino prime frame and a bunch of void runs. They seem to pick things up pretty quickly. Isn't there a bit in the tutorial about fusing mods? This game is poo poo for explaining even basic mechanics, but I thought I remember learning that when I started. Otherwise I'd probably still be using damaged ones :P

I appreciate you running some stuff with me the other day as I go on my newbie quest of spending credits on wasteful poo poo. I never got a rhino prime though so I feel cheated.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Naturally Selected posted:

How do you finish something with 90% damage done? Do you only run with people using unranked weapons or something? I'm not trying to start a slapfight, but you're joking if you're comparing it to ember of all things. It's "not optimal," but it's far from ember/hydros/nekros level bad. Extra health drops, an ability that can be made to cost 3 energy that does respectable (1000 on target, 5 hits of 640ish for my build) damage and stunlocks your target while hitting others, and an ult that stuns and does a ton of radioactive damage to all targets in range is pretty goddamn decent.

90% is super easy in pub groups if you never stop moving, especially with Ember if you can keep your power up.Of course most of the time there it also works with Saryn walking at a brisk pace and just being able to aim while moving. The thing with your Smite is that it's slow and needs line of sight which World Of Fire does not and if you can keep up with or stay in front of your group this can even happen in goon groups.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Disagree and also talking about how good of a weapon it is you enormously latent dweeb!

I have a giant, shiny, golden gundick and you can too!

Kyte posted:

Nah that post was talking about unmodded damage.

Unless I hosed up something(don't bet against this) my noncritbuild is sitting at a bit under 13k dps sustained, 21k burst. Meanwhile Soma Prime here http://goo.gl/goRuKr with a slightly suboptimal build is actually sitting at 25k burst and 19k sustained. I'll shove my prisma build into it when it updates and see what it actually is.

There's zero question that Soma Prime and Boltor Prime are fully better than Prisma Gorgon in DPS, my love for this thing is based on the fact that it's usable comfortably through 99% of the game and also looks excellent.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lord Wexia posted:

I appreciate you running some stuff with me the other day as I go on my newbie quest of spending credits on wasteful poo poo. I never got a rhino prime though so I feel cheated.

You left without saying goodbye, sadly cutting our partnership short. I have most of a Rhino Prime set sitting in my inventory, talk to me when I'm on and its yours.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any tips for which mods to use with Valkyr? Power Duration and Strength seem like they would be no-brainers and I see a lot of people use Steel Charge with her, so that seems like it would be good too. But otherwise I have no idea what to put in there. Is that Prolonged Paralysis syndicate card any good?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
you want 'Rage' , that's a must. Beyond that you can mod her a number of ways. I personally just run Steel Charge, Intensify, Steel Fiber, Vitality, Narrow Minded, Rage, Flow, Rush, and Streamline.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Denzine posted:

Nah that post was talking about unmodded damage.

Unless I hosed up something(don't bet against this) my noncritbuild is sitting at a bit under 13k dps sustained, 21k burst. Meanwhile Soma Prime here http://goo.gl/goRuKr with a slightly suboptimal build is actually sitting at 25k burst and 19k sustained. I'll shove my prisma build into it when it updates and see what it actually is.

There's zero question that Soma Prime and Boltor Prime are fully better than Prisma Gorgon in DPS, my love for this thing is based on the fact that it's usable comfortably through 99% of the game and also looks excellent.

Is it just me, or do all the weapons on that warframe builder website have incorrect stats, it lists soma prime as having 19.2 base damage per shot while it's actually just 12.
Additionally, assuming I did my own numbers right, I had the prisma gorgon as being about 83% of the "burst" dps of a soma prime.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Denzine posted:

I know your ways and therefore know you just want to sit on it, you huge 'mo

I'm formaing mine now, because I always thought it looked badass, but until now it's been the biggest piece of poo poo of all time so this is probably one of the most enjoyable weapon editions seen yet in game.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've only tried this with a Penta so far, but did you know the regular rifle ammo mutation mod works with it? It was slurping up sniper ammo for me all afternoon long.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Einwand posted:

Is it just me, or do all the weapons on that warframe builder website have incorrect stats, it lists soma prime as having 19.2 base damage per shot while it's actually just 12.
Additionally, assuming I did my own numbers right, I had the prisma gorgon as being about 83% of the "burst" dps of a soma prime.

By default the builder shows expected damage per shot, which takes into account multishot and crit values. There should be buttons to change to pre-crit and per-projectile calculations.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

I've only tried this with a Penta so far, but did you know the regular rifle ammo mutation mod works with it? It was slurping up sniper ammo for me all afternoon long.

This is because the penta used to use rifle ammo instead of sniper. They never switched what ammo mutation mod worked with it because : DE :.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Never ever tell them :P

(I don't have a sniper mutation mod)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

EroticBlacksmith posted:

This is because the penta used to use rifle ammo instead of sniper. They never switched what ammo mutation mod worked with it because : DE :.

Holy poo poo, that's amazing :laffo:

At this point (~2 years in), I really think it's things like this that keep me interested in this silly game.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

EroticBlacksmith posted:

They never changed it because mod compatibility is completely related to ammo compatibility. The mod enables ammo mutation for the weapon it's equipped on, nothing more. Rifle Mutation is set to fit to 'AssaultRifle' and children, Sniper Mutation is set to fit to 'SniperRifle' and children and you can't just change an object's parentage without loving up a dozen other things down the line.
In the game data, a launcher like the Penta is an AssaultRifle that accepts SniperAmmoEx. (Similarly, the Angstrum is a Pistol that accepts SniperAmmoEx).

It's actually fairly good design, with unrelated roles decoupled from each other allowing them to mix and match characteristics and whatnot. It just makes for goofy things when they suddenly decide to change the weapon's apparent nature.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Morglon posted:

90% is super easy in pub groups if you never stop moving, especially with Ember if you can keep your power up.Of course most of the time there it also works with Saryn walking at a brisk pace and just being able to aim while moving. The thing with your Smite is that it's slow and needs line of sight which World Of Fire does not and if you can keep up with or stay in front of your group this can even happen in goon groups.

You keep talking about "moving." That means you're doing something other than defense/intercept. That means you're suboptimal. :smugbert:

I see what you mean though, and for actual missions that aren't infestation, he's not the best by any measure. Still wouldn't put him as "bad" though. Again, motherfucking DUNKING EVERYTHING.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Kyte posted:

It's actually fairly good design, with unrelated roles decoupled from each other allowing them to mix and match characteristics and whatnot. It just makes for goofy things when they suddenly decide to change the weapon's apparent nature.

That's actually fairly neat to learn, that said it doesn't exactly take a genius to think that they might have needed an explosive weapon set ahead of time. Really though they should just switch everything over to Archwings ammo system, it's much more elegant.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Einwand posted:

Unclick critical/bullet, it modifies the visible numbers. And yeah, ~21k is ~83% of ~25k so hooray our numbers agree pretty much!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
So is this new gorgon better than the wraith one?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Chat says yes.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Normal/Prisma/Wraith
Damage: 25/25/27
Wraith has a heavier damage bias towards Impact. (85-10-5 vs 75-15-10 IPS)
Proc: 5%/5%/15%
Crit Chance: 10%/15%/10%
Crit Mult: 1.5/2.0/1.5
Reload: 4.2/3.0/3.0
Fire Rate: 12.5/14.16/13.3
Spindown: 0.75/1/0.75
Spinup: 15/12/10
Ammo Cap: 540/840/540
Magazine: 90/120/90

I think both Prisma and Wraith are more accurate than the regular one but I wouldn't know how to compare them to each other. You judge which one's better.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If anyone is doing goonsales of the prisma, I'll buy one probably. It looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Sign me up for a Gorgon Prisma too if a goon is selling it.