Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm trying to find a .gif of the triple eye sparkle at near the end of Bayonetta 1 but I can't. Shame, because that was also cute as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Literally none of this is cute.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

noirstronaut posted:

Literally none of this is cute.

shut up retard

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

How does it feel to have no soul

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I don't know what suburb of Kansas I have to grow up in to think anything about Bayonetta is cute. It's basically a game using some goth kid's sketchpad.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

noirstronaut posted:

I don't know what suburb of Kansas I have to grow up in to think anything about Bayonetta is cute. It's basically a game using some goth kid's sketchpad.

What is with this needless antagonism against Kansas.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

noirstronaut posted:

Not really? It's a pretty upbeat and lighthearted game considering it's all about murdering angels and killing God

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

No, that's a Playstation game.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Strange Quark posted:

What is with this needless antagonism against Kansas.

Have you ever driven through Kansas? I think this is the only time he's been even remotely correct this whole conversation.

Conclusion: Bayonetta is that special sexy type of cute that can only be found on the Wii U. Buy one today.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

how many times do you think kamiya has jerked it to bayonetta

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

noirstronaut you either haven't played Bayonetta or just plain unobservant. You don't have to be ashamed to like campy things, that's what camp is.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Scholtz posted:

noirstronaut you either haven't played Bayonetta or just plain unobservant. You don't have to be ashamed to like campy things, that's what camp is.

he is a literal retard and your words are wasted on him. he is like this (this being extremely bad) in every thread.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ImpAtom posted:

No, that's a Playstation game.

David Jaffe just gets Jaffier and Jaffier as the years go by, doesn't he?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If it is a rape joke then yeah it's in poor taste, but to put it into context I beat all of Bayo 1 on every difficulty, and I'm in the process of doing the same with Bayo 2, and I still didn't unlock that Rodin fight

Like it's a super super super optional thing, you have to farm up more currency than it takes to buy everything else in the game combined just to unlock this one fight. I think the majority of the people who play that game will never see that fight.

Austrian mook posted:

Isn't it pretty out of character? Rodin seems like he's friends with Bayonetta, at least generally.

Again it's an optional fight, in Bayo 2 it's a ticket that costs 9,999,999 that you buy straight from Rodin himself

majormonotone posted:

Kamiya has described Bayonetta as being partially based on Joseph Joestar

So at least 5 times, look at those muscles

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

David Jaffe just gets Jaffier and Jaffier as the years go by, doesn't he?

He is literally off hunting ghosts right now.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Again it's an optional fight, in Bayo 2 it's a ticket that costs 9,999,999 that you buy straight from Rodin himself

Yes, it's extremely hidden content and the "rape" interpretation of it is, in my humble opinion, comically exaggerated by the same crowd who has a vested interest in somehow finding an excuse to declare Bayonetta some sort of misogynistic emblem of oppression or some poo poo.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

noirstronaut posted:

it's time to start talking about not letting you post here anymore.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Yes, it's extremely hidden content and the "rape" interpretation of it is, in my humble opinion, comically exaggerated by the same crowd who has a vested interest in somehow finding an excuse to declare Bayonetta some sort of misogynistic emblem of oppression or some poo poo.

In my observation, it's more often people who like Bayonetta, but think this part of the game is bad and sours a thing they're trying to enjoy.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

BottledBodhisvata posted:

He is literally off hunting ghosts right now.

wtf are you talking about

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

majormonotone posted:

wtf are you talking about

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/20/4728152/the-man-behind-god-of-war-is-working-on-his-new-game-and-hunting

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

noirstronaut posted:

One of you should make a Bayonetta thread since this thread is reserved for cute and rape isn't cute. Rape jokes aren't cute either. Hell, none of Bayonetta is cute.

rape jokes are the poo poo son

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

just like bayonetta

and also metroid, but not other m or fusion

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Kewpuh posted:

just like bayonetta

metroid prime hunters owned, i played that demo a shitload in school when i got a ds

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Kewpuh posted:

just like bayonetta

okay what the gently caress

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Dieting Hippo posted:

metroid prime hunters owned, i played that demo a shitload in school when i got a ds

what i liked about hunters was that it had voice comms so i could talk poo poo to my little brother

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

also it was the only reason to ever use the ds thumb stylus that came on the strap

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

you want to know what's more interesting then that dumb horseshit

Spike is playable in Mario Party 10 aren't you all thrilled. Here's some new screenshots of bowser killing everyone and poo poo no one cares about cause MP10 is going to suck

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Kewpuh posted:

also it was the only reason to ever use the ds thumb stylus that came on the strap

That thing was legit awesome and smart.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Metroid Fusion isn't the best game in the series. But that's ok because it's still good despite its faults. It's fine, decent, might go play it since it can be beaten under 2 hours fairly easily.

Also Splatoon is looking to be my GoTY.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

bladeworksmaster posted:

Metroid Fusion isn't the best game in the series. But that's ok because it's still good despite its faults. It's fine, decent, might go play it since it can be beaten under 2 hours fairly easily.

Also Splatoon is looking to be my GoTY.

What is the best game in the series? Do we distinguish between the 2-D and 3-D Metroids?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Spike is playable in Mario Party 10 aren't you all thrilled.

No.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Fusion is my favorite metroid game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

you want to know what's more interesting then that dumb horseshit

Spike is playable in Mario Party 10 aren't you all thrilled. Here's some new screenshots of bowser killing everyone and poo poo no one cares about cause MP10 is going to suck

Why is it going to suck? I've never played a Mario Party game but I can't argue against getting the opportunity to play as Bowser and kill everybody.

I'm also not sure if I should know what that Spike thing is or not.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
It's an enemy from Mario 3 that has been appearing in Mario games again lately.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

raditts posted:

Why is it going to suck? I've never played a Mario Party game but I can't argue against getting the opportunity to play as Bowser and kill everybody.

All the boards are using that cart thing from 9. In previous games (even the lesser ones) you were allowed to go your own routes, set traps for people, steal stars, land on spaces that jumble everything up and it was fun. 8 introduced (maybe it was 7) new types of boards with different rules and each worked differently and it was good.

Then 9 happened and it got rid of all the random stuff, got rid of all the items, got rid of the stars, got rid of a lot of customization and just watered everything down removing all the flavor. Now all characters are stuck together and nothing ever happens.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

raditts posted:

It seems to be using the same basic mechanics as 9, which is a terrible idea. It will probably be better than 8 or 9 though (and probably 1, 4 and 6 for that matter), not that it's a high bar.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, playing online with a friend. Lagiacrus put the Lag in itself. My friend was helping me since I was brand loving knew. We got him weak while fighting then all of the sudden I get dropped from his game and now I'm absolutely alone against this fucker. All I have above the default gear is some pair of snow daggers or something.

So another 30 minutes pass of me beating on this guy over and over and over again. Fainted twice because he one-shots me out of the blue. Finally think I have him, he's gone limping and running. I knock him down twice, I cut his tail. He then enrages and insta-gibs me.

There was no loving way I was going to kill this thing. And apparently this is supposed to be something I'm ready for according to the difficulty curve? loving gently caress that. Guess I'm back to farming the single player for mega potions.

I don't know why I'm in Florida and my friend in LA and we keep getting disconnected from each other. And I think it's MY end because I'm the one getting the "Disconnected from online play" messages and he's still in online play. And yet we're in mumble with absolutely no loving problem.

Most frustrating hour of my time in this game, for sure.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Mario Party 5 is still, to this day, the best Mario Party.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

majormonotone posted:

About 1/64th as many times as he's jerked it to Jeanne.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Who wants to listen to Rainbow Curse music some more? Just from the random unlock songs you can find to use

Crowned (Return to Dreamland)

Lollypop Land (Triple Deluxe)

Fever! (Mass Attack)

Boss fight! (Kirby's Dreamland)

Top Ride Medley and City Trial Kirby's Air Ride

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 25, 2015

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

Nolgthorn posted:

For some reason I convinced myself rainbow curse was built in 3D and made to look like clay. Not that a whole bunch of Japanese people sat around a table having fun building Kirby stuff. Does anyone have any more making-of.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_news/150121/kirby_making/index.html

So awesome.

Really late to this but if ever there was a time for an Iwata Asks, this is it. :3:

Hopefully the game will have a bunch of special features to unlock like making of videos and concept art and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

All the boards are using that cart thing from 9. In previous games (even the lesser ones) you were allowed to go your own routes, set traps for people, steal stars, land on spaces that jumble everything up and it was fun. 8 introduced (maybe it was 7) new types of boards with different rules and each worked differently and it was good.

Then 9 happened and it got rid of all the random stuff, got rid of all the items, got rid of the stars, got rid of a lot of customization and just watered everything down removing all the flavor. Now all characters are stuck together and nothing ever happens.

IMO after Mario Party 1's minigames causing literal bleeding palms by playing them correctly were taken out the series has been catering to casuals

• Locked thread