Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Wenger paid £5m over his initial offer which IMO should mean he meets the criteria

Wenger was able to con permits for Song and Denilson but couldn't for Campbell so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

AVFCOfficial: BIG PLAYER NEWS: Exciting announcement pre-match. Be in your seats and fix your eyes on the stadium screens at 2.50pm. #AVFC

:iiam: but usually these things are underwhelming.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

straight up brolic posted:

AVFCOfficial: BIG PLAYER NEWS: Exciting announcement pre-match. Be in your seats and fix your eyes on the stadium screens at 2.50pm. #AVFC

My sources suggest it's Messi. Remember you heard it here first.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

It's you, the Aston Villa fans.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

my sources are telling me that it's that Vlaar's resigned, which is indeed underwhelming, but ends one of the season's transfer sagas.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

my sources are telling me that it's that Vlaar's resigned, which is indeed underwhelming, but ends one of the season's transfer sagas.

I imagine you mean re-sign, because him resigning would be bad for Aston Villa.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

philmcnulty: Fabian Delph signs a new four and a half year deal at Aston Villa.

:getin: x 10000000

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

He's a good loyal lad, proper footballer, understands whats important.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

holy poo poo how? how!?

we're absolutely poo poo

he could easily go to other clubs that are far more promising and fit right in

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
#jesuishowson

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A new contract makes sure the club gets more money when the player leaves. The mean nothing in terms of actually keeping a player if a bigger club is interested.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Blimey

sassassin posted:

A new contract makes sure the club gets more money when the player leaves. The mean nothing in terms of actually keeping a player if a bigger club is interested.

Still, this is unexpected

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

sassassin posted:

We were supposed to sell him to liverpool for 4 million loving pounds today

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

Could also include a release clause. For a player in Delph's position, signing a new contract with bigger wages and a release clause could make a lot of sense.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bony banked an extra £20k a week for about 8 weeks to get rid of his release clause. Swansea got an extra £6/7 million out of City for it.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

triple sulk posted:

Is this a good transfer? Did Wenger do ok?

paging tortilla maker to the thread since he's the big villarreal fan round these parts, but the brave boys of sevilla have had no problem getting goals by him

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

This is like a new signing imo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Not bolding yet just to be sure but Barcelona are reportedly doing a medical on Howson, they consider him a Messi replacement

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Delighted to hear Delph signed a new deal, if it lessens the chances that Liverpool will sign him.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Mickolution posted:

Delighted to hear Delph signed a new deal, if it lessens the chances that Liverpool will sign him.

Really? I'd have loved it if Liverpool got him

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I think we have better and would like to see us aiming higher.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Perhaps, but I do think he'd do well alongside Hendo at pressing all over the pitch and breaking at pace. Who do you think is better in his position out of interest? I loved Coutinho within the diamond last season but that never felt like a long term position in my view, probably wrong.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Mickolution posted:

I think we have better and would like to see us aiming higher.

delusional kopite

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
According to the telegraph, Darren Fletcher is going to be released by Man United so that he can join West Ham on a 3.5 year deal.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

delusional kopite

this lol

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

According to the telegraph, Darren Fletcher is going to be released by Man United so that he can join West Ham on a 3.5 year deal.

Man Utd about to lose their toilet paper sponsors.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Forever blowing brown bubbles

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Sometimes you have to poo poo or get off the pot

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sad to see him go but a good move for him imo.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
He does love a good movement.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
The perfect Allardyce crap signing, he'll add some presence in the dressing room, make a mark on the pitch, I'm making GBS threads up the thread, etc.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Wenger was able to con permits for Song and Denilson but couldn't for Campbell so who knows

That's probably because Song has a french passport. Denilson actually had potential before he became a poster boy for the backwards pass. If Paulista does get a work permit, the bribe should be added to his transfer fee.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

what does this mean for big winston

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Your Weird Uncle posted:

what does this mean for big winston

That'll be two people making GBS threads themselves.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Vinestalk posted:

a poster boy for the backwards pass.

Is this a euphemism?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I like how Big Sam accidentally put a good team together that plays decent football and now he's going to gently caress it all up by signing a bunch of poo poo cloggers.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Ewar Woowar posted:

I like how Brendan accidentally put a good team together that plays decent football and now he's going to gently caress it all up by signing a bunch of poo poo cloggers.

Fixed

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
No Big Brendan?

Boo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mapou Yanga-M'Biwa had his 20th appearance for Roma today so they'll be signing him permanently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

8raz posted:

No Big Brendan?

Boo

I think you mean Brenda

It's a woman's name you see

• Locked thread