Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

STAC Goat posted:

Sarah Palin clearly thinks she's the smartest person in the world so its not surprising that she thinks that when some people spend a weekend calling her an rear end in a top hat for letting her kid stand on her dog in Palin's mind that's a national scandal that is displacing ISIS in the news. Instead of just a weekend where a bunch of people got annoyed in passing at an rear end in a top hat doing an rear end in a top hat thing.

I'm not convinced Palin is a true believer. She's doing what she does to bilk idiots out of their money - I suspect she'll flirt with running but not actually try because that's not what she wants. She wants money, and attention gets her money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Aliquid posted:

If anyone's weirded out by this, she's medicated on uppers of some sort and it's obvious. It was obvious when Perry was on opiates and it's obvious now.

She's on uppers and probably double-doses on speech days. In my experience, it's like trying to route the volume of a 5-inch water pipe through a 2-inch aperture when I'm at peak effect, my mind is like "SAY <PARAGRAPH>" when a sentence or less will do. Indulging in the need to say everything that comes to mind would probably end up with an explanation of axial tilt and pressure gradients when asked about the weather.

Now apply that to someone who exists in an intellectual cesspit of bumper sticker zingers and distilled spite, and gets lauded by the echo chamber cohabitants when she says anything. It's pure unregulated id.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah, having a Vyvanse prescription makes me do this (mentally, I catch myself before it comes out and it's annoying for a moment until I remind myself I wouldn't sound like the megagenius I'm thinking I am at the moment, just a verbose rambling rear end in a top hat) when it's at its peak. If it ain't speed (how prevalent is it in that part of Alaska? It's quite rural I assume but is it just too far out there to have the problem of hickborne meth?), she's on a major stimulant but without the requisite self-control to interact with people properly while under its effects.

She is 100% valley trash and that part of Alaska is meth central.

I mean - it IS called 'valley trash' for a reason.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Delta-Wye posted:

She is 100% valley trash and that part of Alaska is meth central.

I mean - it IS called 'valley trash' for a reason.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
She's probably on some jogger "pep pill" poo poo from a plastic surgeon with a moustache.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SedanChair posted:

She's probably on some jogger "pep pill" poo poo from a plastic surgeon with a moustache.

Hiya Sarah Palin, its Doctor Nick here to tell you the joys of unliscenced medical practice!

I'd go with methhead plus a bit of alcoholism or heroin to take the edge off in public.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think we're all ignoring the possibility she is just very very stupid.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

My Imaginary GF posted:

Hiya Sarah Palin, its Doctor Nick here to tell you the joys of unliscenced medical practice!

I'd go with methhead plus a bit of alcoholism or heroin to take the edge off in public.

I had to click to see what you said because I have blocked you. The reason I blocked you is because you're a terrible poster who makes 'facts' up in their head and then posts as if they are real things in real life. Please stop posting forever. Sincerely, me.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Possibility is not a strong enough word. She's definitely stupid and she probably also has a drug problem now too.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chadderbox posted:

Possibility is not a strong enough word. She's definitely stupid and she probably also has a drug problem now too.

The keyword there was just. That she is stupid is not in dispute, it whether dtupidity alone is enough to explain her behavior.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.
I have to say I kinda assumed you guys were joking or being ridiculous about her maybe being on something but then I watched a few bits of that speech and holy poo poo, it is completely insane, I actually could believe it.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Guys, you're just confused. It clearly says on the itinerary, "Sarah Palin Beat Poetry Hour."

The drugs thing seems to fit, but I still think she's just doing her own cargo cult oratory. She sounds like a real dumb person attempting to be very profound by using metaphor, but she doesn't know about metaphor really so it's just a bunch of hackneyed cliches.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Yo, actually listen to the speech, she's slurring her words a lot and kinda has the verbal tic I can't quite describe. its kinda like she talks really fast and then suddenly talks slow and then back to fast.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
I think this is a combination. Uppers, booze, and stupid.

please run please run please run please run please run

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Someone replaced her teleprompter script with the Kodos-as-Clinton Treehouse of Horror scenes

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
If she's not on drugs, she is seriously deranged. That made no loving sense, and yet, people are hailing it as a slamdunk on the Dems. An 800 pound Elephant? What the hell. I just...

Acrophyte
Sep 5, 2012

Respect me like Pesci
and if rap was hockey
I be Gretzky

FAUXTON posted:

In my experience, it's like trying to route the volume of a 5-inch water pipe through a 2-inch aperture when I'm at peak effect, my mind is like "SAY <PARAGRAPH>" when a sentence or less will do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loIqkxCTEik

Last thing I post on this topic, I swear.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

Babylon Astronaut posted:

If she's not on drugs, she is seriously deranged. That made no loving sense, and yet, people are hailing it as a slamdunk on the Dems. An 800 pound Elephant? What the hell. I just...

We're gonna smash them liberal Democrat Party of the tax n spenders with a tiny elephant!

This guy's going to be the Pawlenty of 2016, but it doesn't mean he can't be weirder in the process:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...pm_politics_pop

quote:

But Jindal's keynote address at the event came as he has been courting Christian conservatives in advance of a possible run for president, meeting with pastors in the early battleground states of Iowa and New Hampshire. Former Texas governor Rick Perry hosted the same event, known as "The Response," in 2011, just before announcing he was running for president.

Hell of a track record there. And here's one of his co-participants:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/cindy-jacobs-i-have-power-revive-dead-children

quote:

The bible says the same power is in us that raised Christ Jesus from the dead. I see someone; you literally had a child that just died. And I speak to the spirit of death in that child in the name of Jesus and I command you to lead that child. I speak to the spirit of infirmity that caused the child’s death and I say “Live in Jesus name! Live!’ And I see a child coughing, waking up, oh we saw that in Pakistan, we saw a little boy raised from the dead, just like that

He's going to get high on painkillers and use the exorcism stuff as a part of his pitch, isn't he?

I really hope he runs because I really think he can outweird Santorum with their weird Catholic-Millenarianism hybrid. Throw in some "NOT MY POPE" bashing and you've got yourself a stew going.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Flobbster posted:

Someone needs to create a Markov chain generator seeded with actual political speeches and use it to create a randomized "real Palin or fake Palin" quiz. I bet the results are indistinguishable.

If someone gives me a dump of a bunch of her speeches I can do this. I wrote a few 'ebooks' bots and wouldn't mind unleashing another one on Twitter.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Chadderbox posted:

The rumor is diet pills and her alleged abuse of them goes way way back. Probably OTC back around 2008 election time but by 2012 she had clearly been prescribed something much stronger.

I doubt it's meth but whatever it actually is certainly isn't far removed from meth. She's tweaked as gently caress at almost every public appearance these days.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Good Citizen posted:

The rumor is diet pills and her alleged abuse of them goes way way back. Probably OTC back around 2008 election time but by 2012 she had clearly been prescribed something much stronger.

I doubt it's meth but whatever it actually is certainly isn't far removed from meth. She's tweaked as gently caress at almost every public appearance these days.

I'm pretty sure she is on amphetamines of some kind.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

SedanChair posted:

I'm pretty sure she is on amphetamines of some kind.

Diet pills basically are housewife amphetamines

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I honestly would not be surprised if she was a heavy cocaine user as well. She and Todd do not strike me as the type to avoid cocaine when they get a little money.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Nice, loving the discussion about the various hosed up drugs the lady who disagrees with me is on

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Cross posting from marriage equality because Freedom Summit! :parrot:

Ben Carson posted:

What I have a problem with is when people try to force people to act against their beliefs because they say 'they're discriminating against me.' So they can go right down the street and buy a cake, but no, let's bring a suit against this person because I want them to make my cake even though they don't believe in it. Which is really not all that smart because they might put poison in that cake.

Yes, offend a bakers deeply held religious beliefs about gays and they may try and murder you and your other party guests. I'm seriously wondering if Ben Carson is suffering form some sort of late onset mental disorder.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Nice, loving the discussion about the various hosed up drugs the lady who disagrees with me is on

She's the Boris Yeltsin of the new millennium.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

In this case it's more a discussion about the various hosed up drugs the lady who talks really weird is on. It's rather hard to disagree or agree with complete gibberish.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Three Olives posted:

Yes, offend a bakers deeply held religious beliefs about gays and they may try and murder you and your other party guests. I'm seriously wondering if Ben Carson is suffering form some sort of late onset mental disorder.

I'm more fascinated by the 63 year old black guy wondering what the big deal with being refused service is.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Three Olives posted:

Republicanism?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Have you watched the video? We're not saying this about Ben Carson or Joni Ernst. Palin is on drugs. Now take the stick out of your rear end.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

SedanChair posted:

Have you watched the video? We're not saying this about Ben Carson or Joni Ernst. Palin is on drugs. Now take the stick out of your rear end.

I don't even know that there is much to agree or disagree with Palin on at this point, 99% of what she says is just complete jibberish.

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.
You all weren't kidding, she switches topics in mid-sentence throughout the whole speech.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Wahhh, you're criticizing a person harshly, I'm too stupid to know the difference between substantive and bullshit criticism. We're the same as the right wing :qq:

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

De Nomolos posted:

We're gonna smash them liberal Democrat Party of the tax n spenders with a tiny elephant!
That's what I'm saying. For all her folksy bullshit, she has no idea what livestock weighs. Quick Sarah, what's bigger a cow or an elephant? I think the real tell is she cannot control the volume of her voice. It's not even for emphasis, she has no control of the volume or cadence of her speech and she speaks in public for a living.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
Oh man, Sarah Palin is a terrible presidential candidate. She has literally no mic presence at all & sounds like a paranoid housewife. Not what you want in your president. IIRC her previous try in 2012 went off the rails because of her lack of national awareness. Here we go again..

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

forbidden lesbian posted:

Yo, actually listen to the speech, she's slurring her words a lot and kinda has the verbal tic I can't quite describe. its kinda like she talks really fast and then suddenly talks slow and then back to fast.

It doesn't help that she talks like the mom from Bobby's World. I think part of it might be that it seems like she's talking off the top of her head. So she's not coming across weirdly partially since she's making it up as she's going along. The clear sign of this is when she starts talking about Bristol's teacher, and goes off on a weird tangent about her name.

Also, I laughed at her idea to decentralize the federal government.

Acrophyte
Sep 5, 2012

Respect me like Pesci
and if rap was hockey
I be Gretzky

Cemetry Gator posted:

she talks like the mom from Bobby's World.

You've never met a woman from MN or WI I take it?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Acrophyte posted:

You've never met a woman from MN or WI I take it?

I have, since I live in WI.

I was just saying that the shrill voice, mixed with the somewhat strong accent, and her style of speaking makes her hard to stomach.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Palin-Bobby Jindal 2016, but Bobby has to come riding onstage for all events on a tricycle with that crazy circus music theme playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

De Nomolos posted:

Palin-Bobby Jindal 2016, but Bobby has to come riding onstage for all events on a tricycle with that crazy circus music theme playing.

Needs more Uncle Ted (Cruz).

• Locked thread