Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Two Finger posted:

you sure? you get to firebomb browns and shoot unarmed villagers, seems like a recruitment tool for the military to me

definitely shot the gently caress out of those villagers at the end of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i had an SAW at that point i unloaded almost the entire belt at them

kill browns

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mike-o posted:

what was that game that was coming out back in 2008 or some poo poo that got retards in the military all riled up and something about banning it from the PX? was it Battle for Fallujah or some poo poo?

Pretty sure it was Medal of Honor when they brought it out of ww2 and into modern times to try and compete with calladooty

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Pretty sure it was Medal of Honor when they brought it out of ww2 and into modern times to try and compete with calladooty

The one that starts out shooting up an airport or something. I remember everyone getting their panties in a bunch that you weren't shooting Nazis or browns in poo poo hole countries anymore.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Guess i was confusing a few things. First I was thinking of Six Days In Fallujah, where there was all this bullshit controversy about setting a game in a modern battlezone and actually naming real places/groups. Yeah, the second thing I was thinking of was the Medal of Honor game because retards got their panties in a bunch when you're actually fighting the Taliban and not just generic browns as usual. Something about the PX banning it or some gay poo poo.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

The one that starts out shooting up an airport or something. I remember everyone getting their panties in a bunch that you weren't shooting Nazis or browns in poo poo hole countries anymore.

This was one of the COD games. Black Ops?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Godholio posted:

Modern warfare 2

:goonsay:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Modern Warfare 2. (^^ gently caress u bitch i got video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7vBol8wud0

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Mike-o posted:

Guess i was confusing a few things. First I was thinking of Six Days In Fallujah, where there was all this bullshit controversy about setting a game in a modern battlezone and actually naming real places/groups. Yeah, the second thing I was thinking of was the Medal of Honor game because retards got their panties in a bunch when you're actually fighting the Taliban and not just generic browns as usual. Something about the PX banning it or some gay poo poo.

i remember that

also sucks the blackwater game was apparently awful

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Two Finger posted:

you sure? you get to firebomb browns and shoot unarmed villagers, seems like a recruitment tool for the military to me

Don't forget the white phosphorous.

So much white phosphorous.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Godholio posted:

Yeah, the first black ops.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Master Bateman posted:

Yeah, the first black ops.

no it was def mw2

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

justice4trayvawn posted:

no it was def mw2

Oh yeah

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

95% of spec ops is smoking american soldiers, then the other 5% is dumping willy pete on some cowering muds so i guess if the military thats using it to recruit is in iran or whatever then fair enough

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive SSD $206 (w/ VISA Checkout) - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/143700

:getin:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

95% of spec ops is smoking american soldiers, then the other 5% is dumping willy pete on some cowering muds so i guess if the military thats using it to recruit is in iran or whatever then fair enough

welp, gonna have to go play it again now it's finished downloading

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Driveclub had a weather update back in December. The game looks like a billion times better than pretty much anything else out there on the PS4.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

welp, gonna have to go play it again now it's finished downloading

rah

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

your assessment is not quite correct though

you spend the first four levels at least shooting muds then the american military opens up on you while your guys scream EVER HEARD OF FRIENDLY loving FIRE

it's probably been two years since i last played through it and again i'm struck by just how atmospheric the entire game is

right from the start it sets you up with this weird sense that something just isn't quite right and keeps building on that

the intel pickups are incredibly well done

and on the first goddamned level there's a billboard with a picture of konrad

gently caress i love this game

gently caress i love shooting browns

gently caress i love wp

:911:

can i get a namechange to nostalgia4wp

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Two Finger posted:

If you want to be in the cool kids name change club, you have to pay your :8bux: like everyone else.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Two Finger posted:

fairly loving epic

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

fairly loving epic

nostalgia4negroes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

justice4trayvawn posted:

nostalgia4negroes

nostalgia4jimcrow

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

only people that are nostalgic for negroes are fine upstanding southern gentleman drinking their sweet tea on a hot georgia afternoon with a big stack of delicious ribs beside them and a bigass cotton field needing to be serviced by only the finest carbon zero workers

gently caress it i can't do that post as well as shim

also spec ops owns because the more brutal you are the more ammo you get

they give you a grenade launcher early on and as long as you husband the ammo and execute every fucker in sight you can pretty much explode everything

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i actually liked spec ops but being a sarcastic oval office is kind of my raison d etre

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

a spec ops run with the mindset of "the troops did nothing wrong" is actually pretty tempting

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

a spec ops run with the mindset of "the troops did nothing wrong" is actually pretty tempting

that's actually the moral of the game i'm pretty sure
you get intel towards the end where they're instructed to be as welcoming as possible towards browns

and delta just rocks in and smashes everything in their path

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
nostalgia4nukes

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Godholio posted:

nostalgia4nukes

nostalgia4DLC
nostalgia4ucmj

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Hey, one of you nerds mentioned that you were streaming on twitch. Who was it? Pm me your twitch poo poo and I will watch, I kind of like watching streams when I'm drunk dammit.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

that's actually the moral of the game i'm pretty sure
you get intel towards the end where they're instructed to be as welcoming as possible towards browns

and delta just rocks in and smashes everything in their path

The CIA infiltrated dubai and decided to incite the locals to kill and destroy the troops in order to bury the truth. So "The browns did nothing wrong" is also right.

So the moral of the story is that we are all bastards, but the CIA are double bastards.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjI3DgyOqM

loving finally

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Fuuuuuuuck

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
loving finally

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hell yea. Only a month away.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I am rock hard right now.

And pre-ordered.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:getin:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I came.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Never played it. Is it a rts or like space shooter sim thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Never played it. Is it a rts or like space shooter sim thing?

me neither.

• Locked thread