Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I don't think I've ever seen a Chik-Fil-A. Is this a Midwest/Southwest kind of thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a Chik-Fil-A. Is this a Midwest/Southwest kind of thing?

The South, more than anything. It's from Georgia.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Chic-Fil-A does make some drat good chicken sandwiches.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

GreyPowerVan posted:

They do no such thing.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

GreyPowerVan posted:

Deep fried lovely chicken a good sandwich does not make. Sorry dude that your tastebuds are ruined.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Who puts pickles on a chicken sandwich? Honestly...

Their only redeeming item was the Lemonade.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They exist in California too, but I first saw them out in Virginia. They do have really tasty sandwiches and fries, but the problem is that if you live in California, you can always just go to an In-N-Out instead, and their food is much better.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Wendys Chicken Sandwich is way better without the terrible politics.

Please don't anyone say Wendys supports Fracking or the death penalty or something. :ohdear:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I tried it once out of curiosity. It was pretty good, just not "moral-compromising" good. You can get a comparable chicken sandwich at Wendy's or whatever.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TheJunkyardGod posted:

Please don't anyone say Wendys supports Fracking or the death penalty or something. :ohdear:

Wendy is named after Wendi Riefenstahl, Leni's daughter. It has always been owned by Nazis. I'm sorry. :sympathy:

Just kidding!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

kittenmittons posted:

I tried it once out of curiosity. It was pretty good, just not "moral-compromising" good. You can get a comparable chicken sandwich at Wendy's or whatever.

I felt ill after eating there. It is the distilled essence of American food: salt and fat and drat anything else. Also deep frying in peanut oil is an abomination.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

kittenmittons posted:

I should probably clarify that the last time I ate at a Chick-Fil-A was before all the moral stuff came to light. Granted, I've eaten fast food once in the past two years, it's not like me not eating there is sending them any sort of message.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TheJunkyardGod posted:

One of their biggest franchise owners is a poo poo.

The head office told him to remove the signs though, but you're still supporting him if you eat at one of his franchises.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jack in the Box also has good chicken sandwiches.

The one thing they have above Chick-fil-a is that you can get mini-churros as a desert item from them too.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Fast food in general is horrible what is wrong with you people. :negative:

Find a local hole in the wall place and enjoy better food at about the same price.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I ate at the campus Chik-Fil-A all the time when I was in college, before their lovely politics came to light. I honestly didn't think it was as good as everyone says it is, I was just lazy. They were basically mass-producing chicken sandwiches on an assembly line back there, and there was always a big stack of pre-bagged sandwiches and fries sitting there under the heat lamp for me to grab and go. On the plus side, my horribly unhealthy freshman eating habits have left me completely burned out on their sandwiches, and I wouldn't want to eat one again even if their politics were unobjectionable.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

Fast food in general is horrible what is wrong with you people. :negative:

Find a local hole in the wall place and enjoy better food at about the same price.

Some of us live in suburban hellholes. Most of the meals I eat I make from scratch, anyway.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kittenmittons posted:

Some of us live in suburban hellholes. Most of the meals I eat I make from scratch, anyway.

Even if you do I am sure there is a local place run by the whitest most american mom-and-pop people you can find that know how to make a drat fine burger.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

TheJunkyardGod posted:

They were apparently, by name, the only fast food company to refuse to Fair Food tomatoes which is a program to make sure farm workers get paid enough and under safe enough work conditions to actually live. It would cost the average american $.23/ year between groceries and fast food, most of the county's grocery stores (even the bastion of liberalism Wal Mart) and all fast food locations except and Wendy's have agreed to do this. Take that for what you feel it's worth.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I love Chik-Fil-A sandwiches (yes, I know).

Still, after the whole "Conservatives come out in droves to support Chik-Fil-A" I will not buy their anything. It fills me with dread.

I still put gas in my car, though.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

Even if you do I am sure there is a local place run by the whitest most american mom-and-pop people you can find that know how to make a drat fine burger.

There are a few, but it gets really old eating from the same place all the time.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kittenmittons posted:

There are a few, but it gets really old eating from the same place all the time.

How often do you eat out that qualifies as "all the time" ? I eat out like, twice a month at most.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I used to love Jelly Bellys, but after I heard about their anti LGBT donations and practices, I absolutely swore off the stuff.

What? None of the fast food franchises that make it to Australia support any terrible positions here.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ratbert90 posted:

How often do you eat out that qualifies as "all the time" ? I eat out like, twice a month at most.

Is getting premade rotisserie chicken from the supermarket considered "eating out"?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hey man sometimes you live in a tiny town in the South and want a friend chicken sandwich.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is getting premade rotisserie chicken from the supermarket considered "eating out"?

If you eat it there and don't put it in anything maybe?

I take 10 - 15 minutes out of my day to actually make my food, and I work 50+ hour weeks and have been doing so for over two years. It's not that hard to throw a salad or a decent turkey wrap together. You get the benefits of not consuming 1,000mg of salt per meal as well plus a shitload of sugar and simple carbs.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

As I said before, I make most of the meals I eat. Variety is important, even if variety is "mexican" from taco bell instead of a burger from a local place. Sometimes you just don't feel like a burger.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kittenmittons posted:

As I said before, I make most of the meals I eat. Variety is important, even if variety is "mexican" from taco bell instead of a burger from a local place. Sometimes you just don't feel like a burger.

Local Taco truck. :colbert:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

Local Taco truck. :colbert:

Non-existent here.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

TheJunkyardGod posted:

Wendy's Wants Consumers To Know It's Fine With Gays, Disapproves Of Interracial Marriage

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kittenmittons posted:

Non-existent here.

What kind of hell hole do you live in where "Taco Bell" is considered Mexican? (It's not, it's Texmex at best. [also tacos aren't Mexican either.])

Also what kind of hell hole do you live in where there isn't at least one Taco truck?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF00qCIGe04
Never had their food, but this continues to amaze me.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

What kind of hell hole do you live in where "Taco Bell" is considered Mexican? (It's not, it's Texmex at best. [also tacos aren't Mexican either.])

The part of Pennsylvania between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh where nothing good ever happens.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kittenmittons posted:

The part of Pennsylvania between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh where nothing good ever happens.

I'm so sorry. :smith:

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007
I have been to several small towns in Alabama where "downtown" is a Chick-Fil-A, a bank, and a sheriff's office/volunteer fire department. In one of them the sheriff's office shared a building with the gun store. No other businesses in town, though. They serve Chick-Fil-A in public schools here, there is a Chick-Fil-A inside the Community College, we are completely inundated with Chick-Fil-A...

And it is my guilty pleasure food.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
a good arnold palmer from a chik-fil-a is delicious but I feel bad at thje same time

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

also tacos aren't Mexican either.

What the heck are you talking about? Mexicans were eating tacos (corn tortillas wrapped around spiced meat/fish/bugs) before the Spaniards landed.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Demon Of The Fall posted:

a good arnold palmer from a chik-fil-a is delicious but I feel bad at thje same time

A medium arnold palmer has 6,700mg of sugar.

Staryberry posted:

What the heck are you talking about? Mexicans were eating tacos (corn tortillas wrapped around spiced meat/fish/bugs) before the Spaniards landed.

Excuse me sir but Yukio Hattori told me they are TexMex. At least in the beef form. According to wikipedia the fish variety is the OG taco.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 25, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ratbert90 posted:

A medium arnold palmer has 6,700mg of sugar.

Luckily, it tastes good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

GreyPowerVan posted:

Luckily, it tastes good.

6.7 grams isn't that much sugar all things considered