Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I've seen loot pop in, such as eating a MRE off a counter, going into the next room, go back and there is another one of a different type there. Also have seen rifles spawn in on countertops in much the same way, walk a little bit away, come back, boom it's there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
The hardest part of H1Z1 is actually getting the game to load you in.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I logged in one a PVE server after the patch and it was packed with loot. Despite a ton of people around, I quickly had a full set of clothing, 1000 inv backpack, 2 guns, 3 pairs of goggles, a hammer, and all the food I could eat. Sounds like it's more an issue of respawning after time.

Also you can't get metal scraps from hitting a car with a hammer, it just explodes.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
My buddy and I set up a sweet ambush the other night using one of those big rear end smoke flares (the ones that look like air drops).

We let one off in one of the main cities and hid in opposite office buildings with our bows drawn. Two pubbies turned up to check out what the hell was going on and we rained arrowy death on them. :black101:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

I logged in one a PVE server after the patch and it was packed with loot. Despite a ton of people around, I quickly had a full set of clothing, 1000 inv backpack, 2 guns, 3 pairs of goggles, a hammer, and all the food I could eat. Sounds like it's more an issue of respawning after time.

Also you can't get metal scraps from hitting a car with a hammer, it just explodes.

I assume it's because you're hitting an actual car? You're supposed to hit a wrecked vehicle, the static ones that spawn on highways and stuff, and it might only work with crowbars.

Also another easy way to get loot is to go somewhere with high PvP concentration like Pleasantville and kill a few zombies, usually a pretty decent amount of them are players who have been killed in PvP there as I've gotten some leftover weapons, ammo, and clothing from them before.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Theres a big pubbie base on Requiem @ x=1332.190, z=-1482.330, 4 foundations with walls and shacks built in each, players definitely active. I'm thinking there's another base north or northwest of there belonging to a separate group as well based on the fighting I was seeing.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Some dudes heading southbound from that Cranberry town (south-southwest of ranchito) in a car tried to hit me earlier tonight. I kinda just sidestepped it, they backed up and tried again but their car fell into a ditch. I kinda just watched as they kept trying to hammer up the embankment but the car just couldn't make it. They then floor it into a campsite and flip the car - scramble out and watch the car explode gloriously.

I ran for it after it happened, I could only imagine they'd blame me for their misfortune. This was on Requiem, I hope it was goons but I kinda doubt it. Oh and there's some sort of half assed base built in that Cranberry place too, it has nothing in it but it's there for some reason.

Don't know why I thought the place started with T. Towns name was Cranberry

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 25, 2015

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I just found a campfire that I am pretty sure was placed by a player. It was in the middle of nowhere in dense woods and was right up next to a tree with no other art assets around it, it didn't look natural. When I opened it I found an event ticket.

How long do player placed campfires last? Could you go out to a remote location and place 20 then come back later and get a few tickets? Can we setup a goon campfire ticket farm?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Looks like all the storage boxes that were made since the last ones up and vanished have now also vanished. Luckily I saw this coming and kept all my poo poo in barbecues and furnaces.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

D-Pad posted:

I just found a campfire that I am pretty sure was placed by a player. It was in the middle of nowhere in dense woods and was right up next to a tree with no other art assets around it, it didn't look natural. When I opened it I found an event ticket.

How long do player placed campfires last? Could you go out to a remote location and place 20 then come back later and get a few tickets? Can we setup a goon campfire ticket farm?

Tickets seem like a (chance * time since last ticket) calculation, they can show up in any container you check, even ones you've checked 3 seconds prior. I don't think they can be farmed any faster but one could probably come up with a bot that checks the same container every 5 seconds.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Knightmare posted:

Tickets seem like a (chance * time since last ticket) calculation, they can show up in any container you check, even ones you've checked 3 seconds prior. I don't think they can be farmed any faster but one could probably come up with a bot that checks the same container every 5 seconds.

That explains why I found one in a gooncamp chest.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

So is the item spawning fixed yet? Is it actually possible to find poo poo in containers now, other than rotten meat in fridges?

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

ModeSix posted:

So is the item spawning fixed yet? Is it actually possible to find poo poo in containers now, other than rotten meat in fridges?

I just logged into an office bulding and found a ton of items ammo food guns spread through the building

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

ModeSix posted:

They did a patch Friday that seemed to fix it for a while (or because the server restart made items plentiful again) but loot doesn't seem to respawning, especially not in containers. The stuff spawned in the open seems to be working but only if no one has been around it for a while. They are addressing it tomorrow according to the twitter.

In the meantime, play Battle Royale because that poo poo is fun. Scroll down to the B's in the server list and every couple of minutes you should see a Battle Royale server pop up.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Knightmare posted:

They did a patch Friday that seemed to fix it for a while (or because the server restart made items plentiful again) but loot doesn't seem to respawning, especially not in containers. The stuff spawned in the open seems to be working but only if no one has been around it for a while. They are addressing it tomorrow according to the twitter.

In the meantime, play Battle Royale because that poo poo is fun. Scroll down to the B's in the server list and every couple of minutes you should see a Battle Royale server pop up.

Does it work the same way as Arma 2/3 BR? Everyone spawns right next to each other then runs away to find a gun/ammo and are then enclosed to a circle?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Dvsilverwing posted:

Does it work the same way as Arma 2/3 BR? Everyone spawns right next to each other then runs away to find a gun/ammo and are then enclosed to a circle?

I haven't tried it but it's by the same guy, and the only significant difference I've seen noted is the addition of a dynamic toxic wall or something.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Dvsilverwing posted:

You spawn in the air with a parachute, and have slight control of where you land. Press 'S' or level off your descent at the end otherwise you'll hurt yourself on landing. Everyone spawns in different areas and can glide down to a decent radius. Houses are full of premium loot - AR15s, shotguns, pistols, camo clothing and backpacks. Sniper rifles are rare. It's really easy to load up almost instantly depending where you choose to go - cities are plentiful but lots of people will be in them.

After a certain amount of time (15 minutes?) the toxic gas is dropped. This won't hurt you at first, this shows up on the outskirts and you'll have to head inland before it starts hurting you. Then at about 5 minute intervals, the toxic gas pushes inward which in turn pushes people closer together to certain parts of the map. The "clear zone" isn't the same every game so you can't always hide at the mountain for example. I think eventually the gas covers the entire area to try to force a winner.

Random tips -

Find a car if you can. The toxic gas pushes inward faster than you can run, people with a car have a bit of an advantage even with the risk of being more noticeable.
Carry as many first aid kits and bandages as you can (tear up clothes you find to make bandages) The gas ticks about one health per second, and these heal you at about one per second which counteracts the gas for a time.
All doors are spawned shut at the beginning of the game. If you come across an open door in the beginning you may not be alone.
If you're in the gas and not sure which way to run, look for which way the hit marker is pointing and run away from it (keep hit marker at bottom). Alternately there should be a blue clearing in the sky indicating the "clear zone" direction.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
Arma 3 BR is awesome so I'm looking forward to H1Z1 BR. Does it use event tickets yet?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

BR is free to early access players for the time being, doesn't use tickets yet. It also rewards all players with a mystery bag (usually, unless rewards bug out) just for playing.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Knightmare posted:

BR is free to early access players for the time being, doesn't use tickets yet. It also rewards all players with a mystery bag (usually, unless rewards bug out) just for playing.

Does the mystery bag contain cosmetic items that you keep on your account or something?

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
I'm gonna take a break till this combat glitch poo poo gets fixed. i'm getting very tired of killing people only to have them zerg rush you because they are bad then die to attrition

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

iamthehans posted:

I'm gonna take a break till this combat glitch poo poo gets fixed. i'm getting very tired of killing people only to have them zerg rush you because they are bad then die to attrition

yeah i made that decision earlier myself. i dont give a poo poo if everyone is running around with duped crap because they can still get owned. dudes that insta ressurect where they drop with all their gear on is just stupid.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

iamthehans posted:

I'm kind of surprised that this hasn't been fixed. If health is handled server-side, then why not just have the server save character data when that character's health is less than or equal to zero or something? It may not fix duping, but it would fix the infinite respawn thing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dvsilverwing posted:

Does the mystery bag contain cosmetic items that you keep on your account or something?

Theres at the very least a "Battle Royal" and "Battle Royal Loser" shirt skin you can get from them.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah i made that decision earlier myself. i dont give a poo poo if everyone is running around with duped crap because they can still get owned. dudes that insta ressurect where they drop with all their gear on is just stupid.

same here, as soon as I see that this bit is fixed I'm back with it right then

just sucks killing a guy and knowing he is going to be back within 30 seconds still fully geared

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Same. I parked myself with a night's collection of loot and plan to come back the day that is fixed.

Having to wipe a group 4+ times in one fight is nuts.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
So since I am playing this game despite it being fantastically broken in the traditional SOE manner I figured I would try to find some of you jerks for adventures. Is requiem the server everyone is generally using?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Theres at the very least a "Battle Royal" and "Battle Royal Loser" shirt skin you can get from them.

I just played two rounds, didn't get either of those. I got a hat skin and a shirt skin, so basically everyone should just abuse this while they can and get free cosmetics that will likely be from crates/keys later on.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Man that day when we had the first Goonfort operational before the dupe was found as rad was hell. I hope they fix that crap soon and wipe the servers so we can go back to that. I wanna build more rad forts and scavenge for parts while murdering every unlucky soul that crosses our path.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Jimb posted:

So since I am playing this game despite it being fantastically broken in the traditional SOE manner I figured I would try to find some of you jerks for adventures. Is requiem the server everyone is generally using?

I felt a bit lost starting yesterday, and I'm still learning it, but the games pretty functional. Also it's a total alpha still so yeah.

DarkStryke
Jun 7, 2006

Psyker posted:

I felt a bit lost starting yesterday, and I'm still learning it, but the games pretty functional. Also it's a total alpha still so yeah.

It's very janky and that throws people off, especially with melee. Having to spam /loc (although the compass is easy to make) can also make things not as fun.

Landmines though buggy are exceptionally fun right now.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

DarkStryke posted:

It's very janky and that throws people off, especially with melee. Having to spam /loc (although the compass is easy to make) can also make things not as fun.

Landmines though buggy are exceptionally fun right now.

After about 15 hours or so I learned the map enough to only need to /loc once an hour or two.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Knightmare posted:

Battle Royale is amazing. I finished 3rd in one yesterday after everyone converged on the radio mast. Immediately after me and 2 pals had an amazing run where we finished 4th and 5th ending with a huge fight in the gas at the end. Getting sniped from all sides and blowing up cars as they flew past.

I think I'll just play that until there's more of a reason to set up/defend/invade bases and they aren't easily glitched into.

Only problem is you have to wait at least 15 minutes for a new server to pop up, and then it's rammed with 200 players and there's a good chance you won't get in or you'll spawn in a weird empty world or you'll fall through the ground :v:

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Battle Royale is fully sick, can confirm. It's as boring or as fun as you want it to be---we had great success setting up in the approximate center of the gas as soon as it spawned. We made it there before anyone else and set up in a house, which we managed to hold until the gas forced us out in one of the last couple of waves. Then it was just running around blasting cars and people until it the very end, where we settled it with a round of glorious fisticuffs.

Definitely where it's at until they add some more stuff to the base game.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

They should make event tickets for something else and make Battle Royale a free alternate gametype. Make event tickets for like a loving race gamemode or something, I imagine a lot of people would buy this game just to dick around in the Battle Royale gamemode.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Eh, they have to make money somehow when this game goes F2P at launch and I can't imagine people will keep spending money on airdrops when they realize they'll only actually get the airdrop about 5% of the time.

Finding tickets is pretty easy, and you win a ticket back for placing top 5 I believe which shouldn't be too tough when they fix the BR servers to only allow 32 people in instead of 200.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Knightmare posted:

Eh, they have to make money somehow when this game goes F2P at launch and I can't imagine people will keep spending money on airdrops when they realize they'll only actually get the airdrop about 5% of the time.

Finding tickets is pretty easy, and you win a ticket back for placing top 5 I believe which shouldn't be too tough when they fix the BR servers to only allow 32 people in instead of 200.

There are also crates like TF2/CS.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Akion posted:

There are also crates like TF2/CS.

Although, like I said, at the moment if you want a bunch of cosmetic stuff just play BR while it's free and you get skins.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Do we really get to keep anything done during Early Access? I figured that when they are done with EA they would flip us all back to how we started account-wise. That would be more in line with how stuff like this is usually done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Do we really get to keep anything done during Early Access? I figured that when they are done with EA they would flip us all back to how we started account-wise. That would be more in line with how stuff like this is usually done.

Wiping server instances sure, but wiping actual cosmetics for players would be pretty lovely. Its not like theres normal "progression" in this game.

• Locked thread