Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
go keith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Transient People posted:

Because she can't win you a game unless you have literally perfect positioning. All she brings is shootmans. Compare to how Sivir gives you waveclear and completes chasecomps, Graves gives you the strongest botlane and AD burst, Corki provides waveclear and allows a mid ADC while being insanely safe, and Ezreal is uncatchable and hypermobile. Caitlyn doesn't have anything that can turn a game on its head. Jinx is just a better version of her in pro play because she brings a stronger root, more brutal poke, rocket and the teamfight power of switcheroo.

Caitlyn has waveclear as well, can single-handedly take the opposing midlaner down to half-hp before a fight, has good mobility, range and late-game dps. Jinx has no mobility outside of resets.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Wasnt it the bloodthirster change that pushed Caitlyn out of competitive play? She was widely picked in S3 and early S4. I think not being able to get that big damage boost in your autos made her less cool, and hyperer carries started coming into vogue and of course Corki had to come back for Worlds.

Not to mention Lucian being released and getting buffed until he became the most dominant ADC in the game.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Caitlyn is fine and has good tools. But she couldn't bully old lucian and was worse than old trist and currently her main advantage is she can punish sivir. I think that kind of super rangey champ is probably pretty good right now because of how easy it makes it to play around most of the current top laners. Except like lissandra I guess.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

Xpecial being real about the language issues with Piglet.

It almost sounded like he's having trouble working with Piglet and isn't too happy about having to work with him.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I wonder if C9 will have another Complexity this split, the bottom team that they inexplicably lose against.

Rudager posted:

It almost sounded like he's having trouble working with Piglet and isn't too happy about having to work with him.

Good thing Piglet can't speak english or he'd be suffering through a lot of passive aggression.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Hai, I love you sweetie, but that earring has got to go.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm hoping c9 has a bad split finally

don't know why i am hoping for this

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Firebert posted:

Caitlyn has waveclear as well, can single-handedly take the opposing midlaner down to half-hp before a fight, has good mobility, range and late-game dps. Jinx has no mobility outside of resets.

No, Cait does not clear. Piltover Peacemaker stops erasing waves midway through the game unless you're outrageously fed and have Dragon 2. And Ace In The Hole poke works considerably less well if you're facing something like kassadin or a guy who hangs back instead of LB. Being mobile (a bit) and having range (a bit) and having pre-fight poke (a bunch) is useful, but at this point the game doesn't really ask for a carry generalist. Teams begin their botlane draft by asking this question every time: 'How does our botlane complete our top, mid and jungle picks?'. Botlane is the bitch role. It's subservient to the teamcomp the rest of the lanes establish, it's not what you base your team around unless you're running Protect The Kog style comps. Can you name three really strong mid/top/jungle champions Caitlyn gives a huge power boost to?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Cait completes literally any team comp by being able to auto attack, as a part of that team comp.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Transient People posted:

No, Cait does not clear. Piltover Peacemaker stops erasing waves midway through the game unless you're outrageously fed and have Dragon 2. And Ace In The Hole poke works considerably less well if you're facing something like kassadin or a guy who hangs back instead of LB. Being mobile (a bit) and having range (a bit) and having pre-fight poke (a bunch) is useful, but at this point the game doesn't really ask for a carry generalist. Teams begin their botlane draft by asking this question every time: 'How does our botlane complete our top, mid and jungle picks?'. Botlane is the bitch role. It's subservient to the teamcomp the rest of the lanes establish, it's not what you base your team around unless you're running Protect The Kog style comps. Can you name three really strong mid/top/jungle champions Caitlyn gives a huge power boost to?

Cait doesn't need the level of peel Jinx does, she works with literally any team that wants to siege.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I feel like cloud 9 is going to struggle as long as they're being coached by a real life anime.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Cait completes literally any team comp by being able to auto attack, as a part of that team comp.

So does every other carry. She doesn't have any outstanding edges to really push a comp to the next level.

quote:

Cait doesn't need the level of peel Jinx does, she works with literally any team that wants to siege.

Sure, I'll give you that. If you want to siege why not take Tristana though? She has a slightly weaker laning phase but scales much harder and sieges even more safely. If that's your game taking Trist is just a safer bet.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Transient People posted:

So does every other carry. She doesn't have any outstanding edges to really push a comp to the next level.

Incorrect. Most other carries spend the fight running away before cleaning up.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I feel like cloud 9 is going to struggle as long as they're being coached by a real life anime.

His suit doesn't fit him right and it's really obvious when they keep zooming in on him. :v:

I'm glad to see they remembered that Hai plays a mean Ori, Sneaky can carry if you give him a strong carry and Meteos is the best jungler in NA when you give him a jungler who hasn't been nerfed into the ground from orbit.

I also can't believe Gravity let C9 first pick Rek'Sai... to ban Hai's Fizz. :psyduck:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You're right; however, she's also extremely safe and can force diving champions to dive reaaaly far to get to her.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Derailing from this, uh, derail for a sec, man, this is a weird draft. Protect the kog + Reksai vs Corki + Dive Comp. I dunno what C9 went for, really.

EDIT:

quote:

You're right; however, she's also extremely safe and can force diving champions to dive reaaaly far to get to her.

Yeah, this was why Liquid picked her up there. She completed a very specific kind of teamcomp because she had two wall ults to keep her safe (and Annie stun as deterrent) vs Sivir, who Cait absolutely does take a poo poo on. You couldn't run this comp with as much success against something like Syndra + Trist, but against Rengar Siv it worked wonders.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Did Cloud 9 really say they moved to Nor Cal because having to fly to LCS makes them take it more seriously? :psyduck:

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I don't like either of these comps but c9s is generically better and they're going to have to try pretty hard to lose this. Just In My Opinion.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Previous Jesus posted:

Did Cloud 9 really say they moved to Nor Cal because having to fly to LCS makes them take it more seriously? :psyduck:

Nobody gives a gently caress about anything they can drive to so this makes perfect sense.

redegglamp
May 24, 2008
Janna coming back into vogue has probably contributed to people picking less safe carries

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That's some next level Sion play.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lmao balls blows

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

That's some next level Sion play.

The next one wasn't though.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

exethan posted:

lmao balls blows

That was completely baffling. :psyduck:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Transient People posted:

Sure, I'll give you that. If you want to siege why not take Tristana though? She has a slightly weaker laning phase but scales much harder and sieges even more safely. If that's your game taking Trist is just a safer bet.

Tristana's laning phase is absolute balls compared to Caitlyn's early-early midgame, and she doesn't compete with Caitlyn's AA range until around level 15 IIRC? And Caitlyn still has amazing scaling with IE/PD/LW/BT. If your comp needs a safe source of long range single target damage Caitlyn is probably your best bet if you don't have the peeling comp for Jinx's lack of mobility. Her waveclear is also very solid.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

I don't like either of these comps but c9s is generically better and they're going to have to try pretty hard to lose this. Just In My Opinion.

Yeah, like Balls giving up a dumb FB. :v:

How Rude posted:

Tristana's laning phase is absolute balls compared to Caitlyn's early-early midgame, and she doesn't compete with Caitlyn's AA range until around level 15 IIRC? And Caitlyn still has amazing scaling with IE/PD/LW/BT. If your comp needs a safe source of long range single target damage Caitlyn is probably your best bet if you don't have the peeling comp for Jinx's lack of mobility. Her waveclear is also very solid.

Level 11/12. Draw A Bead is 9 range a level IIRC, past level 1, so 550+(9*10) = 640. Not that late really.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm amazed anyone wants to pick kassadin top against C9 because they handle laneswaps better than anyone else, not taking into account balls suiciding for no reason

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
That was certainly a fight.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
8th, 9th, 10th place teams this split:

8th: Team 8
9th: Cloud 9
10th: Dignitenth

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Hai leaving much to be desired this game yikes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ranking teams in terms of how strong they looked in Day 1 and most of the way through day 2:

TSM
Liquid Gaming
Coast
Winterfox
Cloud9

What the poo poo

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
C9 has looked awful in teamfights (in two games, granted)

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
C9 clearly did not respect the Vi/Zed/Kass combo when they picked that Kog. :stare:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Hai has been dogshit the last 2 days

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Balls and Hai are playing like garbage. Hai's shotcalling from behind and ability to adjust to each game is still good, but his mechanics are the absolute worst now.

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
C9's objective control and map awareness is still on par but their team fights are simply not there.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

C9 clearly did not respect the Vi/Zed/Kass combo when they picked that Kog. :stare:
Kog'Maw isn't the problem, it's a feeding Orianna and an invisible Sion.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't know how you are watching this game and think Kogmaw is the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Hai's always been horrible on Ori, he has no sense of where the ball is.

• Locked thread