Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Sneaky is unquestionably the best player on C9 right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

TheModernAmerican posted:

Hai's always been horrible on Ori, he has no sense of where the ball is.

Or Balls

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
loving jesus, getting motion sickness watching this camera jump around everywhere.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
C9 looks like a team that has played zero league of legends since worlds.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

No one on C9 is playing well...except Sneaky I guess.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
So I guess Gravity will get a free teamfight in 7 min.

Edit: Double 7 zero Agent Hai

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 26, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Sion looks really bad in competitive no matter who is playing him. He's just like a big lumbering dumb champion who misses most of his poo poo and then runs into a wall.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Libertine posted:

Sion looks really bad in competitive no matter who is playing him. He's just like a big lumbering dumb champion who misses most of his poo poo and then runs into a wall.

Naw he has had some monster games in korea. He gets really, really hard to kill.

Balls has been really disappointing top lane since like half way through season 4 to now though.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Jerkface posted:

Naw he has had some monster games in korea. He gets really, really hard to kill.

I know I've seen like one or two good Korean Sion games, but lots of bad ones there as well. I want to see RoA Sion again.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Savage Cracker posted:

So I guess Gravity will get a free teamfight in 7 min

With the wave control they have, this game will be long over before Dragon and Baron respawn.

This team does not look like the same team that got rolled by Winterfox yesterday. And C9 doesn't look like the same team at all that was at San Jose (neither, for that matter, did TSM). I'm really curious how that happened.

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
C9 looks like they haven't played in months, Hai seems like he doesn't know what game he is in.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Did not see that coming. I guess no longer sitting in the same room when they play means that C9 can't teamfight for poo poo anymore. That's the most shocking thing, really - in both games, C9's core strength as a group has been nonexistent.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Savage Cracker posted:

So I guess Gravity will get a free teamfight in 7 min.

Edit: Double 7 zero Agent Hai

Too pessimistic a prediction. Jesus christ C9. Are we gonna see TSM lose to Team 8 too?

Lightning Knight posted:

With the wave control they have, this game will be long over before Dragon and Baron respawn.

This team does not look like the same team that got rolled by Winterfox yesterday. And C9 doesn't look like the same team at all that was at San Jose (neither, for that matter, did TSM). I'm really curious how that happened.

'Saint isn't on Lee', basically.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
"Welp all our inhibs are down, better do Baron! :downs: "

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Now T8 upsets TSM.

Rudager posted:

"Welp all our inhibs are down, better do Baron! :downs: "

Might as well. Sitting in base and letting Gravity get Baron + 5th Dragon is conceding the game regardless. Why not go for a miracle play?

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

I knew you had it in you, Keane :unsmith:

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Hai has been absolute garbage for two LCS splits. They are literally playing 4 vs 5 while he feeds.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
well this loving sucks

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Hypocrisy posted:

Now T8 upsets TSM.

Please god don't let this happen, I need a little bit of normalcy in my LCS.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Whats wrong with cloud 9. Like from the very start when balls killed himself or when they repeatedly tried to out rotate and run away against a team they should have been able to just fight.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Transient People posted:

Dig lost in less 30 min earlier.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Whats wrong with cloud 9. Like from the very start when balls killed himself or when they repeatedly tried to out rotate and run away against a team they should have been able to just fight.

Balls misread the mobafire guide. He thought he had to suicide in lane after suiciding at the jungle camp.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe it's time to have a conversation about replacing the weak links in your lineup C9

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
That dual assassin comp from Gravity was executed well, credit where credit is due, but C9 looks like such a mess compared to their IEM form.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Transient People posted:

But if they do I win my fantasy matchup.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

Dig lost in less 30 min earlier.

I know. :shepicide:

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I still think C9 is going to be a top 3 team. They look mostly the same as they always did, just playing in a meta that doesn't favor them right now and more importantly with no communication, which honestly doesn't surprise me that much after the massive downtime since worlds and with such a garbage scrimming environment with most good teams being in flux or missing players for the vast majority of the time since worlds. The lower level teams OTOH have been playing together to get into LCS so their communication is in better shape than the major teams, and a team like C9 that so heavily depends on good communication is going to get extra hosed by that differential.

Gravity is also better than people were giving them credit for yesterday. They aren't going to be a top tier team, but they also are not Team 8 garbage and they will win some games.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Thank god we have the two titans of gaming, the Danish Duo, the Denmark Death Guard, Bjerg "cmon" son and Good Abs Flex Guy, to ensure that TSM will reign for 10,000 years atop the LCS while cloud 9 falls into the muck and mire...

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Having C9 go 0-2 in week 1 was not what I expected. Looks like this split is going to be pretty interesting in terms of standings.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Libertine posted:

I know I've seen like one or two good Korean Sion games, but lots of bad ones there as well. I want to see RoA Sion again.

I dont think Sion is some OP must pick in top, but he is certainly viable and brings some cool things to the table. Duke had back to back really good Sion games in preseason IIRC.

Duke may have been the only one who played a good Sion so far, and Ssumday this week.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I dont know what sion needs in terms of team comp but I feel like you can just ignore him extremely hard a lot of the time.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
At least Cloud 9 can talk over their loss on the plane ride home.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Thank god we have the two titans of gaming, the Danish Duo, the Denmark Death Guard, Bjerg "cmon" son and Good Abs Flex Guy, to ensure that TSM will reign for 10,000 years atop the LCS while cloud 9 falls into the muck and mire...

As a Dane I'm excited to watch my fellow countrymen beat up some North Americans while I build a Lego castle.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

K8.0 posted:

I still think C9 is going to be a top 3 team. They look mostly the same as they always did, just playing in a meta that doesn't favor them right now and more importantly with no communication, which honestly doesn't surprise me that much after the massive downtime since worlds and with such a garbage scrimming environment with most good teams being in flux or missing players for the vast majority of the time since worlds. The lower level teams OTOH have been playing together to get into LCS so their communication is in better shape than the major teams, and a team like C9 that so heavily depends on good communication is going to get extra hosed by that differential.

Gravity is also better than people were giving them credit for yesterday. They aren't going to be a top tier team, but they also are not Team 8 garbage and they will win some games.

I don't think you should really be worried about C9. They had a rough start in S4 summer too but ended up taking first place.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

I dont think Sion is some OP must pick in top, but he is certainly viable and brings some cool things to the table. Duke had back to back really good Sion games in preseason IIRC.

Duke may have been the only one who played a good Sion so far, and Ssumday this week.

Duke is the best top laner to watch in all of pro league. I mean the dude has been playing top lane Morgana.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
This is what happens when you don't have LMQ to keep people honest.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

I dont know what sion needs in terms of team comp but I feel like you can just ignore him extremely hard a lot of the time.

Another Bruiser Bro (not Reksai, like a jarv or a lee or a leona or braum). Sion works really well if you have a shitton of slows in particular because he makes that soft CC into hard with his Q. But yeah...I dunno. He's bad against an uberdive team.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't think you should really be worried about C9. They had a rough start in S4 summer too but ended up taking first place.

I wouldn't be worried about them either if I could just say they took first retroactively.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I wouldn't be worried about them either if I could just say they took first retroactively.

They finished first in the split. You're thinking of the playoffs where they lost to TSM.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

They tied for first in the split, and lost to TSM in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
C9 and TSM both struggled the last split to the point where I thought neither would finish in the top three, but that all proved meaningless. None of these games really mean anything about the teams ability to perform at this point.

• Locked thread