Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Huh. I thought that Iron Sky already was the poor man's Iron Sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Not to derail the annoyance at the "Look at how wacky we are!" concept here since it is well deserved, can we talk about how terrible the posters are? I had trouble identifying what the first poster even was, let alone how the gremlin from that Twilight Zone episode got inside the plane. And what kind of quote/tagline is "Kill all enemies". Yeah, people are going to be referencing that all the time. And then there's the "What the frog" poster.

I'm not going to say that you can't make a fun and funny movie starting from this premise, but step one would be to be funny and these people clearly aren't...

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Flying Nazi Sharks, huh? Oh dear, my sides have split somehow.

To rebut:

Now THAT's how you make a flying killer fish poster.

(Too bad the movie is bloody awful, partially-James Cameron directed or not...)

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Is that where his love of the sea started?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I honestly thought the name of that film was Sky Shacks until I scrolled down.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Party Boat posted:

I honestly thought the name of that film was Sky Shacks until I scrolled down.

That's the Massachusetts themed version

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
That's pretty much a guaranteed watch from me. But then again I've seen all the Lake Placid sequels so...

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I didn't see Piranha 2 until a few years ago, and it was such a huge disappointment. Everything about it seems funny kind of bad, but it turned out to be just boring kind of bad.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Veib posted:

I didn't see Piranha 2 until a few years ago, and it was such a huge disappointment. Everything about it seems funny kind of bad, but it turned out to be just boring kind of bad.

Truer words never spoken. My friends and I chatted through half the film, missed most of the dialogue, and were still able to make sense of it, because NOTHING HAPPENS!

Then some flying fish kill everyone.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Amphigory posted:

Is that where his love of the sea started?

I think it would be more correct to say that it's where his love for being in absolute control during a movie production started.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

70: Hey jerks! I'm BACK FROM trying to figure out how to steal Christmas.

Back from the Dead

Back from Eternity

The other tag line for this one is "Ooh that Eckberg!" and I can see why (hubba hubba!)

Back from Hell (1993)

Bleeding Skull have a neat write up about this one here

Back from Hell (aka Ex Inferis)

Mr Bones 2: Back from the Past

Bruce Lee Fights Back from Beyond the Grave

Featuring Shaquille O'Neal as the head of a giant bat

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Quick, someone shop in the Kool-Aid Man.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jackie Chan battles the Ninja Turtles with his magic 3-D crotch ray.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

ShufflerZero posted:

Back from Hell (aka Ex Inferis)

Did Mr Rubik live here?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ShufflerZero posted:

Back from Eternity

The other tag line for this one is "Ooh that Eckberg!" and I can see why (hubba hubba!)

Without seeing the film, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Fred Clark, Bealuh Bondi, and Jesse White didn't make it out.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good news, everyone! The verdict on our favorite trainwreck is in, and it's not a huge surprise:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm glad January is almost over.

Edit: Hahahaha, it's not even one of those Rottens that the audience likes despite the critics.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mobby_6kl posted:

Good news, everyone! The verdict on our favorite trainwreck is in, and it's not a huge surprise:

It's surprising to me that it was even able to get 12%.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Who exactly is the audience for Mortdecai? It seems far too niche for its 60M budget. It's based on a 40-year old cult book series by an author who's been dead for 30, and Lionsgate thought they were going to get a franchise out of this character.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Who exactly is the audience for Mortdecai?

Johnny depp fans.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Who exactly is the audience for Mortdecai? It seems far too niche for its 60M budget. It's based on a 40-year old cult book series by an author who's been dead for 30, and Lionsgate thought they were going to get a franchise out of this character.

I could have seen it having some sort of appeal if they marketed it as a quirky art heist movie instead of whatever the gently caress they did. It would have probably helped if the marketing actually made it seem fun, funny, or in any way entertaining.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It seems far too niche for its 60M budget
Ahahahahaha gently caress, what a waste of money :negative: That could have been put to such better use.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Ahahahahaha gently caress, what a waste of money :negative: That could have been put to such better use.

It's made 4 mil so far.

Edit: Movie Posters - Pulling a Mortdecai

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 25, 2015

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Lionsgate could have funded 10-15 cheapo horror movies with that budget. Have they got any other franchises up their sleeve seeing as The Hunger Games wraps up this year?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They got Power Rangers next year.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Waffleman_ posted:

They got Power Rangers next year.
........what :stare:

Power Rangers was such a 90s property. How is that even going to work in the year 2016?

(I'm sure the answer is "It won't.")

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Fun fact: the female Power Rangers wore skirts because their stunt actors were usually dudes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Power Rangers/Super Sentai is still going on today, and it works.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Waffleman_ posted:

Power Rangers/Super Sentai is still going on today, and it works.
That sounds incredibly Japanese and I'm sure the only reason it works is because Japan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, yeah. Power Rangers is adapted from a Japanese series that has been going strong since 1975. The most 90s part of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers was the story Saban wrote around the suit footage. That'll most likely get updated, and aside from that, it's just a superhero movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That sounds incredibly Japanese and I'm sure the only reason it works is because Japan.

Oh, I'm sure Americans would never fall for endless, cheap looking superhero crap.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The TVIV Power Ranger thread is an amazing embarrassment. 30 year old dudes know way too much about that show. There's enough people out there like that to make the movie profitable.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not only that, it is a property that debuted in America in the 90s. 90s nostalgia is loving big now.

I will probably watch it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The only thing I have nostalgia for is 90's toys. I mostly watched 80's movies all day as a kid. :shrug:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lionsgate could have funded 10-15 cheapo horror movies with that budget. Have they got any other franchises up their sleeve seeing as The Hunger Games wraps up this year?

The last two Hunger Games movies were the highest grossing films of their years (even though they came out in November.) Lionsgate doesn't have to worry about money for quite a while.

Also gently caress the people behind Power Rangers, the first Blue Ranger quit the show because the producers constantly harassed him for being gay.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Jose Oquendo posted:

TVIV is an amazing embarrassment.

Yeah.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was just at Lionsgate Friday filming some pickups for a sizzle reel for La La Land directed by Damien Chazelle, who just directed Whiplash.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

oldpainless posted:

Johnny depp fans.

I feel like Johnny Depp passed his prime about a decade ago. He's far too old for teenage girls these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cacator posted:

I feel like Johnny Depp passed his prime about a decade ago. He's far too old for teenage girls these days.

Yeah, he's totally a scrub now. It's annoying seem him in anything these days.