Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Man slowbeef every time I watch you play Nuclear throne I'm reminded why I play this game with mouse & keyboard and not with a controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

When I watched his first stream of that game I was painfully aware that I had a right click.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I just randomly saw some of his RE4 Mercenaries videos, and while I think he's ok to listen to/watch, he is not that good at this whole 'staying alive' thing. Odd how you had just mentioned him, and I happened to come across his stuff.

Eh, nobody's perfect. And I think he mentions in one of the videos that he hadn't played in a long time. At least he doesn't blame the game for his faults, like some youtubers do.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Going back to Don't Starve videos, YouTube directed me to a user named Volx, who seems interesting. His playthrough of the game starts off with his very first time playing the game, his only prior experience of the game being watching videos of the game and browsing the wiki. I'm 11 video videos into the playlist, and he's been significantly more successful at this game than I ever have and possibly ever will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHW8MdB2ft8&list=PLUMceWJE6vS6gh1N4T2-5P29txEUQcemj&index=1

He's still uploading videos of the game today. Aside from that, his playlist is mostly made up of Terraria, with a couple other games in the mix too. It's a newer channel.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So I decided to check in with everyone's favorite youtube celberity and see what he's been doing lately and guess what?

He now has a patreon account.

DarkSydePhil posted:

I am a former competitive Street Fighter player who, in 2008, decided to goof around with a camera while playing video games. I inadvertently became an innovator of the YouTube gaming scene for my unedited, raw "full playthroughs" of the newest games. I now live stream daily on my gaming channel DSPGaming as well as do several other vlogging/creative series.

Of course withing hours of this going up the Sons of Kojima donated literally one dollar and apparently ruined what phil was going to do for everybody so he's not going to be doing those things anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHoZIJUOBI8

Also his forums are back up now.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 22, 2015

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

David D. Davidson posted:

Of course withing hours of this going up the Sons of Kojima donated literally one dollar and apparently ruined what phil was going to do for everybody so he's not going to be doing those things anymore.

And all it took was $1 :allears:

Such a manchild, he is.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

David D. Davidson posted:

So I decided to check in with everyone's favorite youtube celberity and see what he's been doing lately and guess what?

HE now has a patreon account now.

Those forums are a real joy, too. He'll regularly delete entire pages of posts that are civil but disagree with him, and then close the thread immediately after writing a gigantic post about how everyone was slandering and bullying him. So, business as usual.

He also banned someone who reported one of his posts, saying "I don't have to follow the rules, I AM the rules."

Today he spent a 15 minute video and a couple hours on his forums throwing a fit because he accidentally picked easy difficulty in the Resident Evil re-release and blaming Capcom for confusing difficulty descriptions, then rage quit the Gat out of Hell DLC.

That's this week's DSP report.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Psychepath posted:

then rage quit the Gat out of Hell DLC.

Hahahahahahaha how the hell do you suck at that game?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

This motherfucker can't even pick difficulty levels without choosing the wrong one. I'm surprised he can hold the controller right-side up.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Easy, you be DSP.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

This motherfucker can't even pick difficulty levels without choosing the wrong one. I'm surprised he can hold the controller right-side up.

TARDISman posted:

Easy, you be DSP.

I know he's an idiot but holy gently caress. I want to see him Let's Play Solitaire. Not even a weird version of it or anything, just the one everyone has on a windows box and watch him fail about 4 or 5 times then rage about how the deck was trolling him.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Windows Solitaire has changed. It's different now.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

Windows Solitaire has changed. It's different now.

I remember on Windows 98 when Solitaire was considered a T rated game. Times have changed :smith:

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!
I watched the "This is how you don't play Resident Evil 4" video and saw him die to the first enemy and it kind of got me thinking. Why is DSP like how he is? How can a human being sincerely act like a one-dimensional embodiment of ignorance and mindless wrath? With the camcorder, the whining, and the constant failure, you would almost think of this as some sort of parody or joke, but it's not. It's almost cartoonish, it can't be real. Did he have a bad childhood or something? Maybe he has some sort of complex? I just don't know, I don't think I'll ever understand DSP much like anyone else probably can't.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I remember on Windows 98 when Solitaire was considered a T rated game. Times have changed :smith:

I just wish the M rated Minesweeper game wasn't cancelled.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I dunno about bad childhood but he told one story about it where he begged his parents for a toy, called them stupid when they said no, then bitched about it when he did get it for his birthday the next year.

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!

ChaosArgate posted:

I dunno about bad childhood but he told one story about it where he begged his parents for a toy, called them stupid when they said no, then bitched about it when he did get it for his birthday the next year.

Wait, that actually gave me a terrible thought: Maybe DSP wasn't weened from breast milk until the day he moved out of his parents house and is why he acts like such a baby all the time. Because if he was a spoiled brat then, chances are good he's going to be a spoiled brat now.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Why doesn't DSP just lock that suuuuper-special content behind a monetary tier that SOK aren't willing to pay? One dollar isn't gonna keep the meanies away, Phil! Like, are they willing to shell out $10 for slightly earlier access to vids? Fans of his (whoever those are) might wanna pay that much, but anti-fans might not. Why doesn't he do this?

Oh wait it's because it's DSP :( I'm surprised he knows how money works in the first place, given that there's no hand-holding tutorial for it.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

ChaosArgate posted:

The way he told it, he was complaining about not getting the "first run" when he got it later on. Because that's totally something kids think about. Getting the first run of a toy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

VoidBurger posted:

Oh wait it's because it's DSP :( I'm surprised he knows how money works in the first place, given that there's no hand-holding tutorial for it.

$20 says the cashiers at his local grocery store constantly have to remind him to insert his debit car in the machine and use a 4 digit code. Or that monopoly money isn't real currency.

MGN001
May 12, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

$20 says the cashiers at his local grocery store constantly have to remind him to insert his debit car in the machine and use a 4 digit code. Or that monopoly money isn't real currency.

What do you mean it's worthless; it says 500 dollars right in the middle there!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MGN001 posted:

What do you mean it's worthless; it says 500 dollars right in the middle there!

It's even got the picture of our fourth Prime Minister Scrooge McDuck! :downs:

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Thought I'd go ahead and mention, that the article VoidBurger was working on, in relation to AdSense, was posted on Polygon a couple days ago. It's a good read, and if nothing else goes to show how much patience she has, considering how long she had to deal with being on GOOGLE HOLD....haha.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

BMS posted:

Thought I'd go ahead and mention, that the article VoidBurger was working on, in relation to AdSense, was posted on Polygon a couple days ago. It's a good read, and if nothing else goes to show how much patience she has, considering how long she had to deal with being on GOOGLE HOLD....haha.

Oh yeah, haha. That happened. :downs:

Sadly, my Adsense didn't get reinstated minutes after the article went up, which was exactly what happened to Nick Reineke, when he was interviewed on Kotaku about the same thing! :( Still waiting to see if that's going to happen or not.

And thanks again for interviewing with me, BMS! You were most helpful! I'm only sad that I wasn't allowed to put more of your words in there, but alas - editors have a big say in word count...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

BMS posted:

I bet you only linked it because you were in it. Good read, though, and good luck with your Google woes, VoidBurger.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blind Sally posted:

I bet you only linked it because you were in it. Good read, though, and good luck with your Google woes, VoidBurger.

It's about the ethics in posting links to opinion pieces discusses YouTube Let's Play monetization.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's about the ethics in posting links to opinion pieces discusses YouTube Let's Play monetization.

Good name/post combo.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suspicious Dish posted:

Good name/post combo.

It has yet to fail me.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blind Sally posted:

NO WAY!!!! Did you like, comment, and subscribe?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Wanna watch BillyMC LP Simon, the memory game?

No?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69HL3jgmxRU

Spoiler alert he loses the first game after 6 rounds

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
So raocow started a Patreon around 24 hours ago and he's already getting 840bux a month.

I'm so happy that raocow is happy.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 26, 2015

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

raocow truly is the best and more people should support him. And correctly spell his name with a lowercase "r".

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Stink Terios posted:

raocow truly is the best and more people should support him. And correctly spell his name with a lowercase "r".

my bad. I don't know how I screwed that up.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Stink Terios posted:

Truly the next e.e. cummings.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jsor posted:

Truly the next e.e. cummings.

What LPs have they done?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've never gotten this down perfectly. I barely remember the code to bold and italic stuff.

How do you link Youtube videos in the comments section so that the title shows up as a link?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Like this

code:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXSn1cPz9eg]Like this[/url]
(At least I think that's what you're asking).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

Like this

code:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXSn1cPz9eg]Like this[/url]

DAMMIT. I left one word out!

How do I do that in Youtube comments?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Why would you ever want to make youtube comments?

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

Why would you ever want to make youtube comments?

What if someone in the video comment section is wrong about something? I need to be able to correct them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Cool. Dude needs to never stop making videos.

• Locked thread