Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

They had the same record as LMQ but won the head to head so they got first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'm insanely mad that lmq got hosed because they were the best team by a fwiggin mile.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
will the hottest guy in the league assert his dominance over maplestink and the boys???? tune in now. (or in 15 minutes when they're done with analysis round two and done with P/B)

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'm also Laughing Out Loud at gravity's team uniform, you can beat cloud 9 but if you don't get a sick hoodie or jacket or something with an actual color scheme I don't see them going anywhere... Hell I'm the biggest saint fan around but I can't get behind this shirt.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Im curious as to how C9 will shape up, because the meta should actually favor Hai atm with LB, Fizz, and Zed being good picks, but its pretty obvious he bad.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I'm also Laughing Out Loud at gravity's team uniform, you can beat cloud 9 but if you don't get a sick hoodie or jacket or something with an actual color scheme I don't see them going anywhere... Hell I'm the biggest saint fan around but I can't get behind this shirt.
I was behind Winterfox when I saw their logo and bought an icon. Then they won yesterday and I bought a hoodie. If they finish top 3 this split I might even buy a stupid loving overpriced $35 rubber phone case. Is this what it feels like to be a TSM fan

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

maplestreet is one of those people who you can just look at and know he hasnt taken a shower in a few days

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Someone call Montie and tell him that Loco is biting his style...

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flameingblack posted:

I was behind Winterfox when I saw their logo and bought an icon. Then they won yesterday and I bought a hoodie. If they finish top 3 this split I might even buy a stupid loving overpriced $35 rubber phone case. Is this what it feels like to be a TSM fan

you've fallen real hard for a team that's going to be fighting to not get regulated this split

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Jerkface posted:

Im curious as to how C9 will shape up, because the meta should actually favor Hai atm with LB, Fizz, and Zed being good picks, but its pretty obvious he bad.

I am not convinced that his shotcalling is so good that it can justify being the worst mid laner in the NA LCS. His champion pool is terrible and you can't count on him to win his lane or even land basic abilities. There was a point in time where he could go toe to toe with Bjergson, but that was a long, long time ago.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Asema posted:

you've fallen real hard for a team that's going to be fighting to not get regulated this split
But their logo isn't obnoxious so I won't be embarrassed wearing it out in public.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
winterfox is going to have a good split

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

:ohdear:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flameingblack posted:

But their logo isn't obnoxious so I won't be embarrassed wearing it out in public.

That's super true and one of the reasons the liquid brand is pretty strong as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

No matter what happens, Bjergson is going to win that match just based off CS numbers alone.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Rengar is still not convincing me that he's a good pick for NA judging from his summer split winrate (loving 21% winrate) and the past two days' performance

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

I miss when junglers were powerful enough and laners were bad enough that people actually died to jungle ganks and it didn't require this 4-man insanity.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

How Rude posted:

Rengar is still not convincing me that he's a good pick for NA judging from his summer split winrate (loving 21% winrate) and the past two days' performance

Yeah I also don't think he's a power pick in a lot of these guys hands. He relies on having a perfect team engage, perfect vision control, so many things have to go right for him to have one of those Rengar games. He's deceptively powerful on the top end but rarely gets to it.

Maple's positioning has been real good in some of these fights. That LeBlanc dive defense was flawless. It would be hilarious if OddOne was a sleeper agent and gave Maple all the TSM strats.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Libertine posted:

Yeah I also don't think he's a power pick in a lot of these guys hands. He relies on having a perfect team engage, perfect vision control, so many things have to go right for him to have one of those Rengar games. He's deceptively powerful on the top end but rarely gets to it.

Maple's positioning has been real good in some of these fights. That LeBlanc dive defense was flawless. It would be hilarious if OddOne was a sleeper agent and gave Maple all the TSM strats.

Bros before Bay? Surely not!!!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

i just find it baffling that teams keep picking him like he's a super important and powerful pick that gets good results when that happens nearly every one out of five games he is picked

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

TEAM EIGHT DONT gently caress THIS UP

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

You can't underestimate Team 8 because Slooshi and Calitrollz are actually pretty good. The way you should be beating this team is by playing smarter.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Jerkface posted:

Bros before Bay? Surely not!!!

OddOne: "Listen bro, bring out the old TSM playbook: Nocturne Jungle. The Nocto for the Octo."

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Rurea posted:

TEAM EIGHT DONT gently caress THIS UP

Yeee!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
stop picking rengar NA you are not good at him :geno:

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
Santorin looks completely lost out there.

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
Rengar seems super slow, even with mobility boots. Did his movement speed get nerfed or something?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i just got home, how the gently caress is T8 winning

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Luna Was Here posted:

i just got home, how the gently caress is T8 winning

slooshi and calitrololz are rolling the poo poo out of TSM

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
T8 isn't that bad, TSM isn't that good. None of the NA teams are really looking dominant this split. Will be exciting, but I don't think it'll play well at Worlds.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Redmark posted:

T8 isn't that bad, TSM isn't that good. None of the NA teams are really looking dominant this split. Will be exciting, but I don't think it'll play well at Worlds.

They have a year to stop being poo poo and find their synergy, it's just a little early to even be thinking about how they'll do at Worlds.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Even accounting for that, though, it just doesn't feel like any team has that much room to improve with the players they've got. Mayyybe Liquid, and maybe C9 if they can somehow exceed their peak. Of course this is relative to the rest of the world, in absolute terms the scene is better every split.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Please please please Team 8 don't gently caress this up
e: Yes! Team $8000 will rise again

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Congrats to the best team in north america, Team Liquid.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
What a bizarre weekend.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Redmark posted:

It's the first week of the spring split, trying to guess how anyone will do in the rest of the split (let alone worlds) is dumb

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

That was an insanely bad team comp and t8 played like retardos the entire game but it didn't matter at all because all they had to do was walk around near each other and tsm couldn't do much but lose.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yeeeees, the dream lives! :unsmith:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Well, this confirms it, we fell through a hole into bizarroland. C9 loses to TSM and then Gravity, TSM loses to Team 8, and The Team Formerly Known As Curse is first. What a world we live in, ladies and gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Hahahaha there was only a smattering of applause when they won and walked out on the stage

• Locked thread