Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Raserys posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors when?

God I hope so, and whether smtxFE is dead or not, the fact that it was even considered makes FE warriors sound very possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Internet Kraken posted:

Any character that when played optimally involves spamming a single move is poorly designed.

Xu Shu actually makes Gauntlet Mode possible to beat with his R1, so I'm gonna disagree here.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Jibo posted:

Yeah TK loves their sequels, and aside from DW6, Gundam Reborn and Kens Rage 2 they are always substantially improved over their predecessors. If Nintendo is up for it we could have a sequel early next year.
This is music to my ears. :allears:

I would be crushed if Hyrule Warriors didn't get a sequel.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kirby Warriors 2016

All of Kirby's textboxes are question marks and poyo!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Next game should just be called Wariors

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Internet Kraken posted:

How to Agitha;

-Summon the beetle
-dodge cancel
-repeat

That's it. As far as I'm concerned that is the optimal way to play Agitha since that beetle is way better than all her other moves and you can stunlock entire crowds of officers with it when you play properly. A bunch of people complain about her level 3 because a horde of Dinolfos charge you at the beginning, but that's a good thing for Agitha. You can just summon the beetle over and over and crush them all with it. If you try to play Agitha like a normal character she sucks, but if you abuse the hell out of her AOE moves she's actually pretty drat strong.

She's still boring as gently caress though. Any character that when played optimally involves spamming a single move is poorly designed.

If you want to actually have fun, mix this up with the beetle that charges forward, or launching enemies with the whirlwind and then comboing them in the air with the butterfly before doing a divebomb into the nearest group of enemies. The shorter beetle summon can give you the time needed to do the longer combos if you're fighting something aggressive.

Also break weak points whenever possible, because her weak point attack is really good.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Ah what, i've been spamming the whirlwind thing with her followed by the butterfly stomp into them. It's awkward as hell but it was the quickest thing i saw that cleared out the forts.

So i should just spam the static beetle drop? It didn't really seem to do that much damage. In fact most of her standard attacks seem to do gently caress all in in terms of damage.

Also, my thumbs are getting sore from playing this game too much. I can't believe how addictive and good it is.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kirby Warriors 2016

And people complain about Link having all the weapons...

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

C3 (the beetle drop) and C5 (the beetle charge) are her best tools for large groups that include one or more captains. In one on one situations against a captain/PC, the C2 butterfly juggle, dodge cancel after the last hit into another C2 is the way to go. She isn't great at taking keeps but the C4 tornado or C5 beetle charge are probably your best bet there.

Also, if you want to be fancy and you get the range right, C5~strong attack to get on the butterfly, then weak weak weak strong for the full butterfly combo into divebomb is cool.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Internet Kraken posted:

How to Agitha;

-Summon the beetle
-dodge cancel
-repeat

That's it. As far as I'm concerned that is the optimal way to play Agitha since that beetle is way better than all her other moves and you can stunlock entire crowds of officers with it when you play properly. A bunch of people complain about her level 3 because a horde of Dinolfos charge you at the beginning, but that's a good thing for Agitha. You can just summon the beetle over and over and crush them all with it. If you try to play Agitha like a normal character she sucks, but if you abuse the hell out of her AOE moves she's actually pretty drat strong.

She's still boring as gently caress though. Any character that when played optimally involves spamming a single move is poorly designed.

I found the best way to do that level was to just turn the gently caress around, ignore the dinolfos, and go capture all the keeps until you get a warning about your base being attacked, clear out anything attacking your base that has a healthbar (or at least get them really low so NPCs can finish them off), then beeline to Link and spam Weak Point Smashes because he's dumb and uses his combo finishers all the time.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Dynasty Warios

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Excels posted:

Dynasty Warios

BBBBY: fart in he own mouth. A shameful wario

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kirby Warriors 2016

I would not want a Kirby Warriors because it would involve the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Waddle Dees, and that is a terrible thought.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
So exactly what Kirby already does, then? :B

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Neopie posted:

So exactly what Kirby already does, then? :B

kirby is actually powered by racism. it's Canon

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Excels posted:

kirby is actually powered by racism. it's Canon

This is hosed up and I thought there were moderators around here.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is hosed up and I thought there were moderators around here.

why do you think it is that the honorable black kirby wears a mask

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
There's probably too few characters at this point for me to hope for an Empires spinoff. :smith:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If we do get Hyrule Warriors 2, I hope it's in the Wind Waker style so they can bring in characters from literally every Zelda instead of just, like, three of them.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Animal Crossing Warriors.

Unlimited DLC options, and finally you can show that bastard Nook the what for.

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.

Bean posted:

Animal Crossing Warriors.

Unlimited DLC options, and finally you can show that bastard Nook the what for.

The Terrible Secret DLC will be available in 2018.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Can someone elaborate a bit more on what was wrong with Hokuto Musou 1? I liked it a lot when I played it but skipped over the second one when I heard they got rid of the special move subtitles outside of story segments and either got rid of the character-specific super moves or turned them into normal specials, not being allowed to listen to English voice actors struggle to pronounce Japanese move names wasn't a bonus either. I assume it's partially because it has by far the lowest number of playable characters in any Warriors game?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

AnotherGamer posted:

Can someone elaborate a bit more on what was wrong with Hokuto Musou 1? I liked it a lot when I played it but skipped over the second one when I heard they got rid of the special move subtitles outside of story segments and either got rid of the character-specific super moves or turned them into normal specials, not being allowed to listen to English voice actors struggle to pronounce Japanese move names wasn't a bonus either. I assume it's partially because it has by far the lowest number of playable characters in any Warriors game?

Turns out that making people explode isn't really as awesome when literally every single enemy you kill pops like a blood bubble regardless of what moves you finish them with

also the trailers chained together some really nice shots where special moves hit like 30 dudes and look badass, in the actual game it's so much slower and shittier

e: it's a shame too because graphically it looks quite good. it's just dull as dishwater to actually play.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

AnotherGamer posted:

I really liked it but I think a lot of people were upset that it wasn't musou enough while also not exactly being as fleshed out as your typical non-musou game. It was slow, you only killed like maybe 100 dudes per stage, and there were QTEs and some platforming along with a tiny roster.

TK definitely seems to have figured out the right amount of typical musou gameplay to bring into spinoff games now.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Agitha's biggest problem is that her third attack in her normal combo, the whirlwind that lifts her into the air, is hideous garbage that lasts forever for no damage and leaves her open to basically every enemy in the game. She wouldn't be good even without it, but it's what dumps her into the bottom of the list below even Zant.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So I've done more of the Twilight Princess DLC. I think for the most part, its pretty fair. Its harder to A rank, but its definitely not impossible. I'm glad its harder since once you get to the higher levels, A ranking most of the normal maps is pretty effortless. You rarely need an A rank to progress anyways so its not that bad unless you absolutely need to A rank every map on the first try for some reason. I'm having fun with it at least.

There is one pretty big exception though; these "balanced attack" mission. These are the worst loving thing. I have no idea what the hell you're expected to do in these missions. "Use simultaneous attacks!" the game will say. Well, I'd assume getting all 3 enemies in my special would qualify but they literally heal the second after the damage ends. Before I can even get out of the animation, the game is yelling at me for not attacking them simultaneously and now they've healed back to full. So am I supposed to juggle all 3 enemies with normal attacks, not missing a single beat for the entire time it takes to chisel away their ridiculous health? Well I doubt I could pull that off. I've managed to beat the higher level ones through what feels like pure luck, with the game simply allowing me to win because for once the enemies didn't heal while I hit them with 3 specials and a focus spirit. Its really, REALLY bad.

kvx687 posted:

Agitha's biggest problem is that her third attack in her normal combo, the whirlwind that lifts her into the air, is hideous garbage that lasts forever for no damage and leaves her open to basically every enemy in the game. She wouldn't be good even without it, but it's what dumps her into the bottom of the list below even Zant.

I feel that way about Zant and his hand. Sometimes I accidentally use that move and its awful. Super long animation you can't cancel where Zant just stands perfectly still, letting every enemy hit him in the back.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

If we do get Hyrule Warriors 2, I hope it's in the Wind Waker style so they can bring in characters from literally every Zelda instead of just, like, three of them.

Really I want Koholint Warriors. Or some sense of acknowledgement that the dev team knows there are non-3d zelda games.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

kvx687 posted:

bottom of the list below even Zant.

Whoa whoa now.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Eh, it's debatable. Agatha is weirdly good at taking out boss meters with her butterfly, but everything else in her arsenal is ridiculously slow, has a small area of effect, and/or is hard to control. Zant at least can take out mobs and keeps in less than ten minutes, even if his captain/boss fights are pretty terrible.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

kvx687 posted:

Zant at least can take out mobs and keeps in less than ten minutes, even if his captain/boss fights are pretty terrible.

Zant is terrible at giant bosses, sure, but he's about on par with everyone else for killing captains/commanders. C2 your way to victory.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Internet Kraken posted:

There is one pretty big exception though; these "balanced attack" mission. These are the worst loving thing. I have no idea what the hell you're expected to do in these missions. "Use simultaneous attacks!" the game will say. Well, I'd assume getting all 3 enemies in my special would qualify but they literally heal the second after the damage ends. Before I can even get out of the animation, the game is yelling at me for not attacking them simultaneously and now they've healed back to full. So am I supposed to juggle all 3 enemies with normal attacks, not missing a single beat for the entire time it takes to chisel away their ridiculous health? Well I doubt I could pull that off. I've managed to beat the higher level ones through what feels like pure luck, with the game simply allowing me to win because for once the enemies didn't heal while I hit them with 3 specials and a focus spirit. Its really, REALLY bad.

You must have missed one of them, they only heal if you do too much damage to one and not another. There's no restriction on using specials on them, that's probably the most effective way to do it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

why do you think it is that the honorable black kirby wears a mask

Uh excuse you but Mirror Kirby is free to do what he wants!!

Also Meta Knight is blue

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

13/f/cali posted:

Really I want Koholint Warriors. Or some sense of acknowledgement that the dev team knows there are non-3d zelda games.

Agreed. Wizzro is awesome and having him use the magic rings as weapons was a nice way of bringing more things from the original Legend of Zelda back. I like how you can end is weak combo with the big energy wave thing from the original LoZ also. I'd love to see more of the classic enemies brought back like that. Darknut is already in as an enemy but the 2D version of Ironknuckle could be awesome. He has that awesome floating horse armor thing too. I hope they keep the trophy collecting thing for crafting too. I love the concept of Lana or Link or whoever happily wandering off the battlefield carrying a bunch of moldy Redead bandages, Fi's stockings, moblin flank, etc. :wtc: It's a nice inadvertent callback to how morbid the two NES games could be* and their perfect combination of charm and menace.

*In the red/green dungeons in LoZ1 that's not lava, it's rivers of blood. The monsters are after Link in Zelda II because they need his blood to complete the ritual to revive Ganon, etc. etc. etc.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

Excels posted:

Turns out that making people explode isn't really as awesome when literally every single enemy you kill pops like a blood bubble regardless of what moves you finish them with

Well that sort of depends: the Ujoken kills were pretty amusing at times with people being lifted into their air by heavenly light or gyrating wildly as their crotches glowed before they popped. But yeah, the whole part about everyone getting blackened out before being slashed to pieces was pretty lame as well although still better than nothing I suppose.

Jibo posted:

you only killed like maybe 100 dudes per stage

Yeah, in retrospect, the amount of kills per stage was pretty low overall: I remember having to struggle to get 1000 kills before the time'd run out in one of the Free Mode maps I used to grind my characters.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Suaimhneas posted:

You must have missed one of them, they only heal if you do too much damage to one and not another. There's no restriction on using specials on them, that's probably the most effective way to do it.

Swear to god I saw them healing before my special even ended and I made sure to hit all 3. I bunched them together, hit my focus spirit, then hit my A and "THE DARK LINKS HAVE HEALED EACH OTHER! USE SIMULTANEOUS ATTACKS! :byodood:". I was playing with my brother but I don't see why that would change anything.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Do you have to unlock everyone's 8-bit weapon to unlock the purple skills? I finally got everyone's 1/2/3 weapons and the drat kill counter still isn't moving! AHHHHHHH

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

enojy posted:

Do you have to unlock everyone's 8-bit weapon to unlock the purple skills? I finally got everyone's 1/2/3 weapons and the drat kill counter still isn't moving! AHHHHHHH

You have to do the Master Sword one first, and then it unlocks everyone else's.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Takoluka posted:

You have to do the Master Sword one first, and then it unlocks everyone else's.
Yeah. To clarify: it should say "WEAPONS COMPLETE" or something like that on top of the regular Adventure Mode Map. If it does say that, then you can start the counter of the Master Sword. I'm only a little over half way done with Master Quest, but I have 5,000/25,000 kills done with Link.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I really wish Legendary (The non-Master Sword equivalent skill... sorta) was like 5k and still locked behind Evil's Bane completion. Having to do 25k on each weapon is a loving ridiculous chore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I really wish Legendary (The non-Master Sword equivalent skill... sorta) was like 5k and still locked behind Evil's Bane completion. Having to do 25k on each weapon is a loving ridiculous chore.

Is it a set skill you get on the weapon or is it a random "ultimate" power?

• Locked thread