Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I understand that instant deaths suck, but PS2 is full of them and nothing short of bringing back the PS1 TTK will fix it. Complaining about the NC max killing you when you get close to one is stupid because in that situation you probably would have died 9 time out of 10 to any of the other maxes. If I walk up to a blueshift max and die I don't complain about how OP they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

what happened posted:

NC maxes actually explode if they try to shoot something more than 10m out

I'm talking about shotgun arms without slugs.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
so was i

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

So you think the shotgun arms compare well with the other factions AI arms at longer range?

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
when did i say that????

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

what happened posted:

when did i say that????

Periphery posted:

And be useless at anything past 10m while the other maxes only perform slightly worse at the extreme close range fights but outclass the shotguns at everything else.

Why did you laugh at this?

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
its p. funny

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Westy543 posted:

Make sure to harvest your a2am tears while you can, Higby wants to make them easily dodgeable by ESFs so that they're anti-lib / anti-gal torpedoes. Coyotes will be the "air shotgun" skill equalizer weapon, and he's gonna take another look at them too. Also Valk buffs.

Guess higby flies more than I thought!

Seriously though, if they really want to make lockons into SKYTORPEDOS (why??) for use against lib and galaxies maybe they'll end up doing more damage and actually be worth shooting at said targets, and you can still hit esfs with luck!

Just kidding, they'll be the same but even slower in the air. Nosegun airautist supremacy shall reign once more

Synnr fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 26, 2015

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

what happened posted:

its p. funny

Why?

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
i think its pretty self evident but i guess some people just dont understand humor

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

what happened posted:

i think its pretty self evident but i guess some people just dont understand humor

rofl

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I love this thread

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Synnr posted:

Guess higby flies more than I thought!

Seriously though, if they really want to make lockons into SKYTORPEDOS (why??) for use against lib and galaxies maybe they'll end up doing more damage and actually be worth shooting at said targets, and you can still hit esfs with luck!

Just kidding, they'll be the same but even slower in the air. Nosegun airautist supremacy shall reign once more

It also sounds like Coyote buffs, so they'll just start crying about those again.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
i dont think easymode weapons are the answer to the state of the airgame

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...
:shrek:

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

sticky grenades should lock onto heavy assaults like coyotes

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Westy543 posted:

I love this thread

:gooncamp:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ndub posted:

EMP grenades should lock onto heavy assaults like coyotes

ftfy

what happened posted:

i dont think easymode weapons are the answer to the state of the airgame

There isn't an answer because no two people can agree on what the question is

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
guys our max is only the best at like 100% of possible scenarios BUT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HOW HARD IT IS

- the NC, forever

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

go3 posted:

guys our max is only the best at like 100% of possible scenarios BUT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS

- the NC, forever

Actually I believe this was the argument from last page

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

Actually I believe this was the argument from last page

Party like it's page 486.

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVx28g4rlLA

The beginning of this video actually shows one of the best examples of what most people mean when they talk about movement meta, from SirCerealBox, probably one of the top NC infantry players in the game. No coincidence he is also part of Recursion

He actually doesn't do it much in the video so you don't need to watch the whole thing unless you enjoy baron + slug ownage.

I forgot to add that looking down a bit really makes your head hitbox distorted and near impossible to tag so if you are trying to be as slippery as possible, look down a bit too

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Mustarde posted:

I forgot to add that looking down a bit really makes your head hitbox distorted and near impossible to tag so if you are trying to be as slippery as possible, look down a bit too

This is hilariously effective, if a bit disorienting. The player model actually tracks camera movement (your mouse movement) pretty well, including "realistic depictions" of looking down - and by that I mean hiding your head because the model has animated it down to shoulder level while you look at your feet.

You can do some really entertaining things by moving erratically, jamming medkits, and staring at the ground while panicking to dodge bullets.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
http://ps2alerts.com/Alert/2373

And thus concludes my reign of terror on VS. Until next double XP weekend! With any luck the Light PPA will continue to be hilariously overpowered. :ccb:

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

YoursTruly posted:

With any luck the Light PPA will continue to be hilariously overpowered. :ccb:

With any luck idiots will continue to hover while shooting it so I can get those sweet, sweet Air Deterrence ribbons.

The fact that I can only play for an hour or so on weekends is why I didn't buy membership for so long. Shame, this weekend felt broken as gently caress, I spawned in for a base defense, dropped an ammo pack for a pair of Infiltrators hanging out in the spawn room and got shot half way to the point - 60 certs earned...somehow.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Wait if i designed A2AM's they would be fire and forget with prox fuses but all ESF's would have flares AND chaff with ammo as default. Nose cannons would be a knife fight weapon that was absolutely useless at range. The air game would be a 500-600m missile war with each ESF only carrying 2-4 with the ability to equip a max of 8 if you sacrificed a slot like nade bando. You would lock an ESF by moving your reticule over them, get a tone then fire a missile and hope that your target has used all his counter measures.

Have 2 types of missiles, heat and radar with heat being faster and shorter range and radar being more accurate and longer range.You will get a radar lock warning when a radar tracking missile is in the air and when a plane is locking on to you--you get no warning when a heat seeker is on you. A direct hit by a missile will basically kill your ESF unless you can land it and repair--no FS or auto repair to instantly bring you back into the fight. The good news is missiles will have tracking and damage stats so a good pilot can evade missiles. The nose gun is a weapon of last resort when your out of missiles or when you want to finish off a wounded enemy.

My airgame would be fast and brutal with skill being only a small factor. The biggest factor would be the rock/paper/scissors balance, proper loadouts will dominate other loadouts with mixed loadouts being encouraged. ESF's would have a life expectancy of 2 minutes in a fight, you either win or you die. You would have intense dog fights that end very quickly with you either killing the guy or him killing you then you would return to rearm. Getting jumped with no missiles or empty counter measures would basically mean your dead unless you manage to out fly your opponent.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So A2As are going to become Hornets? Slow, lovely, and useless, got it.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Jan 26
Daily sale: M-77B / Gauss SPR / XM98 (these are only 100 certs)
Members sale: Urban Forest Camo

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

sitchelin posted:

So A2As are going to become Hornets? Slow, lovely, and useless, got it.

Hornets are neither lovely nor useless.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

How to fix the air game: select ESFs, press delete. Watch the spergs spontaneously immolate. Bring marshmallows.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Mustarde posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVx28g4rlLA

The beginning of this video actually shows one of the best examples of what most people mean when they talk about movement meta, from SirCerealBox, probably one of the top NC infantry players in the game. No coincidence he is also part of Recursion

He actually doesn't do it much in the video so you don't need to watch the whole thing unless you enjoy baron + slug ownage.

That's a good example of what I meant when I said the Zuka, the guy in my gif, stopped too early. You can see cerealbox goes 'back and forth' 3 full times before stopping.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Gonkish posted:

How to fix the air game: select ESF's A2G weapons, press delete. Watch the spergs spontaneously immolate. Bring marshmallows.

ftfy

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

No no, Gonk had it right the first time.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I dunno Fuzz, I think it might actually be funnier to watch skygods slowly wither away when the realize they can't easily farm infantry any more.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Keeshhound posted:

I dunno Fuzz, I think it might actually be funnier to watch skygods slowly wither away when the realize they can't easily farm infantry any more.

Keesh has got the right of it. Let the autists suffer, and if they really want to shoot infantry they can get good and do it with a nosegun that doesn't have splash. I still take offense to the idea that all ESF pilots are useless and will fight you irl over it :colbert:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Valk buff idea: nitro boost that goes in the flares/fire suppression slot

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'd be happy if every AI nosegun got nerfed down to the level of the Banshee, but we'd just see a rise in A2G rockets again (which are still comically effective vs. infantry but for some reason aren't used that often any more).

Delete all AI noseguns, remove splash entirely from A2G rockets.

Make fire suppression a single-level upgrade which only brings the ESF's health just barely back above being on fire, regardless of when it's used (instead of being a flat heal maxing out at 25% which is abusrd).

Remove NAR from ESFs entirely (get hosed bailassaults) :unsmigghh:

Then do some stuff that makes AA more effective at close range but not as effective at dinging air at long distance I guess, relegate ESFs to anti esf/lib/valk roles mainly.

Manslaughter posted:

Valk buff idea: nitro boost that goes in the flares/fire suppression slot

Valk should just get default afterburners a la the ESFs

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Move the AI nose gun and Secondary ESF weapons to the Valk.

Add a modified Koltyr map where you can only spawn ESFs and can't capture territory.

Airspergs can gently caress off to their own little poo poo sty, everyone else gets better gameplay.

Everyone Wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The problem with air is that we're supposed to have ESFs as air-superiority fighters, Libs as bombers, Gals as big tough support craft, and Valks for close-in infantry support. Instead we have ESFs as air-superiority, ESFs as bombers, ESFs as big tough support craft, and ESFs for close-in infantry support.

Oh and all four of those are the same loadout.

• Locked thread