Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Eh, it's good, but it's not as good as the one that made me buy my current title.

I'm willing to let most red texts that I've gotten just chill out for a while, but putting an 'ironic' Nazi joke on my avatar while also being weird about me being Jewish was just... too drat weird and unpleasant. I think the furry part comes from them not knowing that Sinestro is a comic book character or something and not a word I came up with myself or something, but v:v:v

Guess what I got it for! Defending Norman Borlaug and science as a way to stop starvation instead of neoprimitivist bullshit in D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Holdbrooks posted:

Sitting here at work eating some bomb rear end vegan chili. Would have never guessed I would be saying that a few months ago, but it is seriously one of my favorite foods now.

Some of the best chili I've ever had was vegan chili from a company party.

I really need to learn how to make chili.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Makin' chili is easy as gently caress. I need to make some more powder again since I want to make a batch before I go snowboarding this year. I think I'm going to go for a sweet and spicy turkey chili this time around (so goooood).

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

goatse guy posted:

It's all about that fuckin quinoa man.

It really is, I can't believe I have never had it before last week. I am going to try and incorporate it in to a lot more of what I eat now.

Not sure I can ever go full vegan because neat is pretty tasty, but seeing the seas of cow in northern Texas at the factory farms was pretty sad.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm sure making chili isn't that hard but every recipe I look at has this long list of ingredients and it kind of scares me away., as silly as that may sound.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

mariooncrack posted:

I'm sure making chili isn't that hard but every recipe I look at has this long list of ingredients and it kind of scares me away., as silly as that may sound.

Chili is easy, because you're basically just throwing a bunch of stuff in a pot. If you have a good tomato base and cheat with some Bush's Chili Hot Beans, you can add fresh onion and bell pepper, plenty of garlic pepper, and the rest is to your liking -- chili powder, ground beef, kidney beans, black beans... go crazy, it's your chili.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

mariooncrack posted:

It's a lot of stuff but that's waht makes it so good. Making it is super easy since all you have to do is dump that poo poo in a pot and cook it.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Phone posted:

Makin' chili is easy as gently caress. I need to make some more powder again since I want to make a batch before I go snowboarding this year. I think I'm going to go for a sweet and spicy turkey chili this time around (so goooood).

Not a fan of turkey chili tbqh. I don't care what Texas folk say, beans in chili owns, corn too. Having a home made chili powder for easy crockpot chili owns though.

For that matter, crockpots own. I need to get a ricecooker.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Rice cookers are great. If you buy a nicer one, you can make things like soup.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Alternator rebuild Sunday!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
if you eat quinoa you're driving the price of it up so high that poor people in south america can't afford to buy it anymore and can't make traditional dishes as a result

quit being loving hipsters

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

Chili is easy, because you're basically just throwing a bunch of stuff in a pot. If you have a good tomato base and cheat with some Bush's Chili Hot Beans, you can add fresh onion and bell pepper, plenty of garlic pepper, and the rest is to your liking -- chili powder, ground beef, kidney beans, black beans... go crazy, it's your chili.

I have been moving towards more beans and less beef on my chili. Not full on vegetarian, but I just bean the poo poo out of it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rscott posted:

if you eat quinoa you're driving the price of it up so high that poor people in south america can't afford to buy it anymore and can't make traditional dishes as a result

Or you can just buy some that's grown here

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Fucknag posted:

Complete shot in the dark here: Be a woman on the internet. (Because the internet is terrible.)

It's not completely inaccurate.

rscott posted:

Never.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

rscott posted:

And as a non-picky eater I think the texture is just weird.

Thanks, I am going to use this to guilt trip the fiancé about eating it.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

mafoose posted:

And as a non-picky eater I think the texture is just weird.

Thanks, I am going to use this to guilt trip the fiancé about eating it.

I'm have plenty of texture issues with food but strangly none with this.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

God damnit BavarianAutosport. Went to order a $7 oil pressure switch for the E30, here I am $120 poorer.

Also, totally buying an AKG Motorsport Quick Shifter when my tax return hits my bank account. Gonna beat the hell out of this car on the ice, if it ever gets cold enough, and I get motivated enough to do some work on it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0DpURNDvX0

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

some texas redneck posted:

I know I'm only the 2nd owner of my car (Carfax says 3rd, but looking at Carfax, it looks like they applied for a Texas title a few days before trading it in)

My car has an interesting ownership history

Turns out it was bought by the Council and almost immediately fraudulently sold to an individual who then sold it back to the original dealer who then kept it for a while before changing ownership to another dealership under the same umbrella before finally being sold to another individual who kept it for five years.

So on paper 7 owners (including me)

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

rscott posted:

It's sooo good though!

I'm a weirdo and my favorite type of cereal is bran cereal (no joke) with just a touch of sugar. My favorite has quinoa and a bunch of other crazy poo poo in it that I don't care about but it all comes together to make a super crunchy cereal that stays crunchy in milk: http://us.naturespath.com/product/heritager-flakes

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
My favorite type of cereal is whiskey.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I eat kashi golean. Wish it had a little less sugar though and might have to start cooking eggs or something. Way to many people get the WHO daily recommendation of sugar at breakfast.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

I really just want one with a timer so that poo poo can be done when I get home from work and I can have a quick meal. I love brown rice, I hate starting it 45 minutes to an hour before I cook everything else.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I usually eat Kashi Golean Crunch myself. Good poo poo.

... just don't do what I did one night and smoke a bunch of :420: and eat an entire box of it in one sitting. I was ripping rear end so loud all night that I kept waking myself up.

mariooncrack posted:

Even a cheap rice cooker is awesome to have. Takes all the guess work out of it. Dump in rice, dump in water (1:1.5 ratio for most white rices with my cooker), turn it on, wait until it switches from cook to warm, enjoy.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 26, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So is the Ecotec series prone to burning oil and I got lucky, or has everyone I've known with the same engine been super neglectful?

My boss has an 04 Ion 2.2 - L61. 130k, it needs a couple of quarts between 3k oil changes. No significant leaks. The metal parts of the body are mostly rust though.
Friend has an 05 Ion - same L61. 140k. It seized a few weeks ago, needed several quarts between 5k oil changes. Left a few drops on the ground when parked. Oil light came on about a mile before it seized, according to her. :doh:
Coworker has an 06 Ion - again, same L61. 80k. She took it for an oil change the other day (it'd been 3k). They told her it had nothing showing on the dipstick, and that less than 2 quarts came out (it holds 5 quarts).

I've gone over 10k on a single oil change, and in that time, the level on the dipstick got down to a little above the "add" mark. I generally do 7k-8k with Mobil 1. Think I'm going to cut it back to 6k after this though; all 3 of these people always go by the oil change reminder.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My mother in law's HHR doesn't burn or leak a drop. I change the oil when the light comes on :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I go a little beyond, but more because I'm just too busy to change it when the reminder comes on. Also has a lot to do with why I run either OEM or Wix filters, and why I've only used Mobil 1 synthetic oil. I'm thinking of trying Pennzoil Ultra Platinum next time, if I can find it on sale.

The reminder came on a couple of days ago. Waiting for a new debit card to show up so I can actually get cash to change it..

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I use wix and mobil 1 too and could probably go longer with it, but she freaks out and will take it too jiffy lube if I wait too long.

It's been a great car besides the whole possible ignition failure killing you thing :v:

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008

dissss posted:

My car has an interesting ownership history

Turns out it was bought by the Council and almost immediately fraudulently sold to an individual who then sold it back to the original dealer who then kept it for a while before changing ownership to another dealership under the same umbrella before finally being sold to another individual who kept it for five years.

So on paper 7 owners (including me)

OH poo poo. We were talking about this in the tea room at Uni before christmas.

I though that guy was being a little more discrete about his fraud. Ie selling them at 45k km not twenty. He was totally hosed if it went to court, hence why he offed himself.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
The milages in the history are comical!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Hooray for getting up at 4AM to get to the NY border for 7AM, getting back at 5:30PM and going to class from 6PM to 9PM.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Just got anwers to a test bank we did regarding metasizing in my organs....

i wrote a longer reply but the TL:DR is...im scared and angry.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

mariooncrack posted:

I really need to learn how to make chili.
Chili is pretty easy to make and hard to screw up, I made up a recipe a couple weeks ago and it turned out pretty good. Made another batch this weekend. Think the ingredients were basically: 3.5lb burger, 1.5lb cheap steak, 2 bell peppers, 2 onions, can of beer, 1 big 1 small can diced tomoatoes, 1 can kidney beans, couple spoon fulls diced garlic, 3 packets chili powder then let sit in slow cooker on low overnight:effort:

You also need to make garlic bread to go with it. So buy the cheap frozen ready to bake kind.

T-Square posted:

God damnit BavarianAutosport. Went to order a $7 oil pressure switch for the E30, here I am $120 poorer.

Also, totally buying an AKG Motorsport Quick Shifter when my tax return hits my bank account. Gonna beat the hell out of this car on the ice, if it ever gets cold enough, and I get motivated enough to do some work on it.
Ah the joys of E30 ownership. I'm a big fan of going to order a $5 part and ending up with $100+ in parts. Ice racing an E30 is fun as hell, I ran out chump car last winter a couple times. I'd recommend a car with windows, roof and a heater though...convertible was loving cold.

fjelltorsk posted:

:glomp: gently caress cancer

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I missed Goatse Guy's avatar, what was is?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
5lbs of meat and one can of beans, lol what's the point of the beans
Mine goes something like 3 lbs of 85/15, 1 can each of black, red and kidney beans, 1 large onion, chopped, 2 bell peppers, 2 cans of diced tomatoes with chiles, a 6 oz can of tomato paste and a cup of beef broth. Spice as needed with your favorite chili powder mix

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

fjelltorsk posted:

:sympathy:

gently caress cancer

I really wish I had something more eloquent to say, but I'm poo poo with words.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

rscott posted:

...1 large onion...

Speaking of onions (:v:), here is The Onion's guide to winter driving. I think you will find it most accurate.

• Always tow a spare car behind your car in case yours breaks down.
  • Watch the weather app on your phone constantly as you drive so you can get any updates immediately.
  • If your car begins to skid wildly toward a group of five pedestrians on the side of the road, but you have the option to steer it toward a single bystander nearby, utilitarian moral theorist John Stuart Mill says you have an obligation to steer toward the lone pedestrian in order to do the least harm to the least number of people.
  • Try your best to remember the winter road safety lecture your father gave you 15 years ago when you weren’t paying attention.
  • Wrap your tires in snow chains so your car can feel the same way you do.
  • AAA advises motorists to drive slowly and exercise extreme caution while traveling on icy or snow-covered highways, but AAA doesn’t need to haul an 18-wheeler full of Maytag washer/dryers to Tulsa-town by 7 a.m.
  • Clear snow away from your vehicle’s hood ornament so other motorists can see that you’re a big shot driving a Mercedes.
  • Drink plenty of ice water to prove to the ice and snow on the streets that you are one of them.
  • poo poo. Just keep driving. He came out of nowhere. There was nothing you could do. Just get out of here before somebody sees

It's certainly extremely accurate around here on the rare occasions that we do get any snow to speak of.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

KozmoNaut posted:

I missed Goatse Guy's avatar, what was is?
The album art of Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell with the red-text claim of her being the "Genghis Khunt of AI"

I have no idea either.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

InitialDave posted:

The album art of Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell with the red-text claim of her being the "Genghis Khunt of AI"

I have no idea either.

Haha holy poo poo, that's something else.

I mean, we're pretty much all shitheads here, so somebody must really have taken offense at something completely trivial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

fjelltorsk posted:

NitroSpazzz posted:

:glomp: gently caress cancer

Not much more to say other than that. Keep strong.

• Locked thread