Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

my friend had the first, it's an rts in space and he said it loving owned but i had a lovely old p75 so i couldn't play it

i'll pick it up i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Space RTS, and a re-master of both games at that price is a steal. Gameplay, story, music...all fantastic. Completely worth it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

alright i preordered it, guess i'll see for myself if it lives up to what everyone says

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
This LP is well done and shows off the original.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident is an awesome space fleet strategy game worth picking up while you wait for homeworld

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I got that off GOG a while ago actually and enjoyed the first few levels. I'll start playing it again once I'm done tearing my way through the Damned 33rd.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Space RTS, and a re-master of both games at that price is a steal. Gameplay, story, music...all fantastic. Completely worth it.

Homeworld is legitimately good science fiction.

bloops fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 25, 2015

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I've spent like 25 hours on Dragon Age: Inquisition so far and just got to Skyhold

I'm getting the feeling I've barely scratched the surface on this game

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Homework is legitimately good science fiction.

Yeah, I always liked how the protagonists weren't exactly good people. They were exiled for being violent oppressive conquerors, and that violence and ruthlessness never really left them. They kill a poo poo load of people with absolutely no mercy to reclaim their birthright. T

http://www.scribd.com/doc/97870330/Homeworld-Manual-PC#scribd

The og manual owns. 40 pages of well written backstory.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My question is, did they change it so you do not have to capture every single loving ship possible to have a shot at winning?

edit : is has a 93 metracritic and its not even released yet? lmbo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ded posted:

My question is, did they change it so you do not have to capture every single loving ship possible to have a shot at winning?

You really only need to do this when you want to steal it for research. It's more challenging if you don't just salvage rush everything you possibly can for the first few missions, but you really only NEED to steal a handful of ships the entire campaign.

edit: like i steal all the ion frigates or whatever in the third? fourth? mission, and that's the last time i really focused on stealing ships.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I just hope they addressed the enemy fleet scaling mechanic from HW2. It wasn't fun coming into the space station mission loaded for bear only to have an endless stream of capital ships thrown at you.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I just hope they addressed the enemy fleet scaling mechanic from HW2. It wasn't fun coming into the space station mission loaded for bear only to have an endless stream of capital ships thrown at you.

This. Homeworld AI was brutal.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I've spent like 25 hours on Dragon Age: Inquisition so far and just got to Skyhold

I'm getting the feeling I've barely scratched the surface on this game

how many tranny elfs have you banged so far?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

how many tranny elfs have you banged so far?

there's one who's a tumblr poster with a face like this character from tim and eric:

and i only keep her around to drop negs on her constantly

for my romance i'm thinking dorian because he's pretty

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

there's one who's a tumblr poster with a face like this character from tim and eric:

and i only keep her around to drop negs on her constantly

Sera. She's loving terrible.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:buddy::hf::buddy:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ffxiv is a cool game

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

:siren: gay agenda confirmed :siren:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ffxiv is a cool game

Helldump Immunity. posted:

:siren: gay agenda confirmed :siren:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Square got a lot of flack for putting scantily-clad twinks in the new FF game

My question is where were these people for all the other FF games

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is anybody picking up Dying Light? It looks pretty rad from the footage that's out, but I'm waiting for people to get the retail version in case there's some Terrible Secret youtubers aren't allowed to disclose.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Not planning on it. Did watch an IGN video last night which made it seem like Far Cry 3 with zombies.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

Not planning on it. Did watch an IGN video last night which made it seem like Far Cry 3 with zombies.

So Far Cry 1 then.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
Pretty good duffel blog article.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/01/gamer-isis-syria-iraq/

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
If anyone still isn't too sure about grabbing Homeworld when it gets re-released, this video should help convince you that it will be worthwhile.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you don't buy Homeworld Remastered, you're a dirty communist.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

If you don't buy Homeworld Remastered, you're a dirty communist.

I heard all this poo poo about Elite Dangerous too and that game is unfinished and boring as gently caress.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I heard all this poo poo about Elite Dangerous too and that game is unfinished and boring as gently caress.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
lol

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Homeworld is a complete RTS game that just being remade into a higher resolution for cool space dads. Also is two games being sold as one for a cheapish price.

ED is an incomplete space trucker game that is being slowly made but its feature complete for boring space dads. Also is one game being sold at full price.

Edit: The worst is that Cataclysm is not getting an HD remaking :smith:

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 27, 2015

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Speaking of RTS games...

Total Annihilation. That was the good poo poo.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
myth 1 and 2 were extremely my poo poo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

can they be bought online anywhere?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Two Finger posted:

can they be bought online anywhere?

http://projectmagma.net/what/

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

myth 1 and 2 were extremely my poo poo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bungie are incredible. They've never once done anything revolutionary but everything they've done has been at the very top of its relative genre.

When I was in high school I played a pretty good Warhammer (not 40k) game demo. It was a town under siege by the undead. Anyone know what game that was or where I could get it?

Bearing in mind that I was in high school late 1999 through to 2004 or so

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 27, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

It's one of the best single player games I've ever played and I still play through them once a year at least.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Bungie are incredible. They've never once done anything revolutionary but everything they've done has been at the very top of its relative genre.

When I was in high school I played a pretty good Warhammer (not 40k) game demo. It was a town under siege by the undead. Anyone know what game that was or where I could get it?

dark omen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Two Finger posted:

Edit- It is Dark Omen. I am just old...

Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat. It came out in 1995 for PC and was ported to PSX. It's considered Abandoned Ware and a quick google search will bring a possible solution to acquiring it. Getting the game to run on modern systems may prove a little more difficult.

• Locked thread