Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I think all video games are an inside joke about how stupid various parts of Fez are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Fez owns.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i dont own a device capable of scanning qr codes.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

why does arfjason get to be cutest gamer. thats not even his real avatar.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Excels posted:

why does arfjason get to be cutest gamer. thats not even his real avatar.

ask widestancer and her weird hosed up asian custom of liking boys 10 years younger than her

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
genetic predisposition

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

ask widestancer and her weird hosed up asian custom of liking boys 10 years younger than her

If I bought you an AV it would be Lo Mano not that thing

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

can i have a new av, i would replace it but i need that :10bux: to feed my cat.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

If I bought you an AV it would be Lo Mano not that thing

LA MANO YOU loving RETARD
IS YOUR BRAIN A GODDAMN DISHRAG DRENCHED IN HIGH CONCENTRATE BLEACH

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

LA MANO YOU loving RETARD
IS YOUR BRAIN A GODDAMN DISHRAG DRENCHED IN HIGH CONCENTRATE BLEACH

Que

La Mano

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

My girlfriend and I just bought a Wii U. I am happy.

congratulations. merry smashing and treasure tracking, game player.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

congratulations. merry smashing and treasure tracking, game player.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't have Treasure Tracker yet, but it's on my list.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I also never played anything on the Wii, so I need suggestions of good games that I missed.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i skipped the wii entirely as well and of the wii games i've played the following appear worth it

-metroid prime
-super paper mario
-xenoblade (if you like jrpgs)
-mario galaxy 2
-the wii zelda games if waggle controls don't piss you off

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the first mario galaxy is also really good. i'd recommend playing that before the second one.

Mons Public
Jun 22, 2006

Sometimes I look for Rupees.
I don't have work because of the impending blizzard. I haven't played games in forever, and I was thinking about getting Civ 5. Does it suck?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RobBorer posted:

I don't have work because of the impending blizzard. I haven't played games in forever, and I was thinking about getting Civ 5. Does it suck?
It's ok only with expansions. I'd suggest to take a look at Endless Legend instead, it is fairly similar yet good out of box.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

RobBorer posted:

It's good with the expansions IMO, has that "one more turn" feel of its predecessors and some cool art.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

RobBorer posted:

Civ 5 is fun and I like a lot of what it tried to do (less micromanagement, better UI, minor power politics, more interesting factions), unfortunately it's got terrible AI and the dominant strategy is throw food at everything. If you were super hardcore Civ 4 player then you might not like it, but it doesn't suck and it's got some cool stuff to play with.

e: yeah get the expansions

e2: also don't get beyond earth

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, Civ IV (w/ expansions, of course) was better mechanically and also the music selection for it was way better in my opinion (I always look forward to when Slavonic Dances starts, as opposed to in V where like you can stuck with the original game music instead of the cool classical score if you play as some nations), but it's still a good game and the Art Deco thing makes it look real pretty.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Baba Yetu owns and The People Are The Heroes Now is cool but honestly I like Civ V's music better. And the narrator is better than Nimoy :colbert:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
every time I try to play a new Civ game I'm like "wait a minute, this is just a reskin of Civ 2 with new buildings and units and the same buildings and units still own"

never again, sid LIAR

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Baba Yetu owns and The People Are The Heroes Now is cool but honestly I like Civ V's music better. And the narrator is better than Nimoy :colbert:

Ha, yeah, okay, cool. I suppose you also enjoy scratching your nails on a chalkboard and have a recording of that which you listen to instead of say, a beautiful symphony. Great taste, StashAugustine.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

Ha, yeah, okay, cool. I suppose you also enjoy scratching your nails on a chalkboard and have a recording of that which you listen to instead of say, a beautiful symphony. Great taste, StashAugustine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4vlAsnvinA

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

That the august Leonard Nimoy should be thus insulted. Shameful.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

precision posted:

every time I try to play a new Civ game I'm like "wait a minute, this is just a reskin of Civ 2 with new buildings and units and the same buildings and units still own"

never again, sid LIAR

try endless legends

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Reminder that the Metroid Prime Trilogy will be on sale in eShop in a few days for like 11 dollars. 3 whole amazing games for the price of a big mac combo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

Reminder that the Metroid Prime Trilogy will be on sale in eShop in a few days for like 11 dollars. 3 whole amazing games for the price of a big mac combo
Do you need a wiimote to play 3?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pretty sure you need a wiimote to play any of them.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

You'll probably need a wiimote for all 3 games. the Prime Trilogy was this elusive Wii compilation thing that went for crazy prices on eBay. as soon as this deal comes out the value will plummet though

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No GC control for 1 and 2? I liked the lock-on system

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

No GC control for 1 and 2? I liked the lock-on system

i bought a HORI GC pad that plugs into the wiimote, i guess we'll see if it accepts that

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

i bought a HORI GC pad that plugs into the wiimote, i guess we'll see if it accepts that
I can't afford a gamecube adapter and controller anyway, so not sure why I asked.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

precision posted:

never again, sid LIAR

National borders are kind of huge imo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Civ 3 where the other nations would just send settlers into the one mountain that wasn't covered by your national borders and there wasn't poo poo you could do about it cause they'd bankrupted themselves building archers :negative:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

When you think about it a Civ movie would be pretty cool, because we could watch a badass action hero spearman destroy a tank.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I always end up with one city in the year 1997 or whatever that is still being defended by a lone Archer unit.

Because it kills everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't afford a gamecube adapter and controller anyway, so not sure why I asked.

Nintendo sells refurbished wiimotes and nunchucks on their website for $25. Totally worth it for Metroid Prime, etc.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150198

• Locked thread