Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Just got my trinity out of the oven, anybody got any good builds for her? I heard blessing got nerfed and wasnt the way to go anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Bob Wins posted:

Just got my trinity out of the oven, anybody got any good builds for her? I heard blessing got nerfed and wasnt the way to go anymore.

The most common one is Power Strength, Range, and minimum Duration for Energy Vampire spamming on farming missions. In that case, its

Overextended, Stretch
Fleeting Expertise
Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage, Intensify
Flow
Redirection/Vitality.

You can also swap out Blind Rage (like I do) for a second defensive mod, since you'll be pumping out so much energy as is - the increased Power Strength won't really add much when you're filling their pools in one go.

Energy Vampire restores 25 energy (affected by power) per pulse. It pulses 4 times over whatever its duration is. So if you have no duration mods, it pulses on cast, and then 3 more times over nine seconds. If you have max duration, it'd be a pulse on cast, and then 3 pulses over... 25 seconds. So with minimum duration, you get all four pulses over 1.2 seconds or so. Which is much better.

Brainbread fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 26, 2015

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Trinity is one of the few frames where you can basically ignore efficiency, because of vampire. Draco builds for her start with max range, including overextended, then strength, then cram in whatever duration you can without hurting the other two (so no narrow minded, but the more Link duration you have to get yourself out of tight spots, the better). It lets you vampire things from across the map and keep your whole team topped off constantly.

If you aren't doing Draco, you can dump some range for duration and give yourself more survival power from Link. (The duration thing from Vampire mentioned above is a thing, but whatever you put vampire on will automatically release all remaining energy ticks on death, so just bring a decent gun and shoot whatever you put energy on to get around the duration problem.)

Trinity is a really good support frame in a game that doesn't place any emphasis on support roles except in a few niche places. She doesn't really need any design changes, she's one of the few frames where all four of her abilities are (mostly) good, what she needs is mission type and enemy AI changes. I hope they add more pure support frames in the future..

Coldbird fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 26, 2015

Khorne
May 1, 2002

That's how I build my trin for farming. I don't know if I've ever formad the frame, but definitely don't copy my polarities if I have. Besides the aura being a -, which is a given on every single frame. With this build you can swap redirection for vitality depending on what you're doing, and you pretty much aim at a point and press 2 until 30 minutes later when the mission ends. Quite exciting. If you forma trinity more you can put in intesify or vitality or primed flow+quick thinking, and if you're not space lazy like me you could have max transient foritutde and max blind rage.

In the event you have a dumb party where the excals don't stand together, you can also swap between points and use your gun's zoom to make sure you hit those sick e.vamps.

There's another build where you use Well of Life (1) and then Energy Vampire (2) right before it expires to instant kill mobs of any level. It scales well into pretty much anything on endless missions (even wave 100+), but I don't play trinity outside of draco. The traditional build where you use link and/or your ultimate pretty much sucks. I mean it's okay for a while but you're better off playing a crowd control or damage frame.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 26, 2015

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
Wow, so, the weapon that's in the Nova Prime pack is... really darn good. Leagues better than my Braton.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Dumb question(s) from a noob:

Do I have to unequip mods whenever I swap weapons? So if I have something built for Grineer and something for Corpus and they use the same mods, do I have to remove all and refit the other weapon whenever I swap?

Similarly, do I have to unequip a weapon before I sell it?

I just got all the component blueprints for a Rhino and they came out of the oven today. It looks like I have a couple of extra sets of blueprints which I could use to make more. Is there any reason to keep those and make more or should I just sell the extras for credits?

Thanks!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

No, no, and you can sell them.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Lord Wexia posted:

Do I have to unequip mods whenever I swap weapons? So if I have something built for Grineer and something for Corpus and they use the same mods, do I have to remove all and refit the other weapon whenever I swap?

Nope. Rifle mods can be used across all rifles you have without needing to equip them. If you level a mod beyond the capacity of one of your saved configurations, the game will warn you about this.

Lord Wexia posted:

Similarly, do I have to unequip a weapon before I sell it?

Nope.

Lord Wexia posted:

I just got all the component blueprints for a Rhino and they came out of the oven today. It looks like I have a couple of extra sets of blueprints which I could use to make more. Is there any reason to keep those and make more or should I just sell the extras for credits?

No. Sell those blueprints.
But if you get any prime parts or prime blueprints, keep those as those can be traded with players or sold for ducats.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Regarding mods on weapons you sell, wasn't there some stupid poo poo a while ago where you did lose those?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Brackhar posted:

Wow, so, the weapon that's in the Nova Prime pack is... really darn good. Leagues better than my Braton.

Yeah congratulations, you now have one of the best weapons in the game.

Build it for crit and it will serve you well.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Brackhar posted:

The Soma Prime is the premier top tier weapon. It's a great thing to invest in, if a bit boring. Make sure you're taking advantage of its redonkulous crit stats.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

SSNeoman posted:

Nope. Rifle mods can be used across all rifles you have without needing to equip them. If you level a mod beyond the capacity of one of your saved configurations, the game will warn you about this.

Nope.

No. Sell those blueprints.
But if you get any prime parts or prime blueprints, keep those as those can be traded with players or sold for ducats.

Thanks! It's a good QoL decision not to have to fiddle with mods that much. Now I just need to hit Mastery 4 so I can get another drat loadout slot.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW posted:

What else do I have to do?
You have to tell us your PSN name so we can play with you and give you things. I got tons of spare staple mods.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

The Crooked Warden posted:

The Soma Prime is the premier top tier weapon. It's a great thing to invest in, if a bit boring. Make sure you're taking advantage of its redonkulous crit stats.

It always baffles me that in a game where you can get weapons that shoot lasers, cubes, giant nails, toxic sludge, streams of deadly confetti or even Sith lightning people still go for the ones that just straight up shoot bullets. Yeah the Soma is good but I can't stand how plain unexciting it is.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Morglon posted:

It always baffles me that in a game where you can get weapons that shoot lasers, cubes, giant nails, toxic sludge, streams of deadly confetti or even Sith lightning people still go for the ones that just straight up shoot bullets. Yeah the Soma is good but I can't stand how plain unexciting it is.

People like having the biggest numbers. It's the human condition.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

BarkingSquirrel posted:

You have to tell us your PSN name so we can play with you and give you things. I got tons of spare staple mods.

PSN is Gestalt88.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Brainbread posted:

Energy Vampire restores 25 energy (affected by power) per pulse. It pulses 4 times over whatever its duration is. So if you have no duration mods, it pulses on cast, and then 3 more times over nine seconds. If you have max duration, it'd be a pulse on cast, and then 3 pulses over... 25 seconds. So with minimum duration, you get all four pulses over 1.2 seconds or so. Which is much better.

Except you don't need to minimize duration since EV will still replenish energy if you kill the marked target with a gun.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

In my time playing the game (on and off like a year) almost every week I've gotten the 75% discount in plat.In fact I got two in the past week.Thinking really hard buying the 370 plat thing

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Morglon posted:

Yeah this was the main reason I "downgraded" from a Soma to a four-forma Quanta. Shooting bullets at people is so boring.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
There's room in my heart for bullets, lasers and explosions.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The problem with shooting bullets is that you're not pinning enemies to walls with arrows.

I heard there's an automatic rifle that will do that. If there is, what's it's name? I want it.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Renegret posted:

The problem with shooting bullets is that you're not pinning enemies to walls with arrows.

I heard there's an automatic rifle that will do that. If there is, what's it's name? I want it.

That's the Boltor and the Boltor Prime. The pistol variants are the Bolto, Akbolto, and the syndicate version, the Telos Akbolto.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Boltor Prime is the other top dog for rifle DPS.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

tlarn posted:

That's the Boltor and the Boltor Prime. The pistol variants are the Bolto, Akbolto, and the syndicate version, the Telos Akbolto.

is it as amazing as it sounds?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Boltor prime also happens to be one of the best weapons in the game, about even with the Soma P.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.

Renegret posted:

I use Boltor Prime not because of it's amazing damage, but because you can send ragdolls flying at high speeds to the nearest wall. I love it.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Renegret posted:

Pinning people to the walls and floor never stops being funny, and like others have said, the Boltor Prime is up there for one of the best weapons in the game with the added bonus of being way more ammo-efficient than the Soma Prime.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
As someone who only started playing a couple of weeks ago, I don't have a huge amount of forma/potatoes to make subpar weapons useful. So I would want to have a weapon that I knew was good for doing high level tower etc before I started loving around with the more exotic stuff. I made a quanta and enjoy using it, but the default polarities suck and I only have so many formas.

Not that I actually have a soma. I can't even get hikou prime parts together :(

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I've had way too much with the Paris so far, just launching dudes into the nether.

Wordybird posted:

I use Boltor Prime not because of it's amazing damage, but because you can send ragdolls flying at high speeds to the nearest wall. I love it.

There's nothing quite like sending an arrow into a row of mans in a choke point and clearing a straight line through them, as a pile of bodies go flying off into the distance. I still laugh when I get a particularly brutal kill with it, I hope it never gets old.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Cicadalek posted:

As someone who only started playing a couple of weeks ago, I don't have a huge amount of forma/potatoes to make subpar weapons useful. So I would want to have a weapon that I knew was good for doing high level tower etc before I started loving around with the more exotic stuff. I made a quanta and enjoy using it, but the default polarities suck and I only have so many formas.

Not that I actually have a soma. I can't even get hikou prime parts together :(

The reason you see people talking about sticking tons of Forma into crap weapons to make them "good" is because all of them are people who have been playing forever and have tons of Forma BPs from raiding the towers for every drop so that have literally nothing else to throw those Forma into. It's okay. :shobon:

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Renegret posted:

I've had way too much with the Paris so far, just launching dudes into the nether.

There's nothing quite like sending an arrow into a row of mans in a choke point and clearing a straight line through them, as a pile of bodies go flying off into the distance. I still laugh when I get a particularly brutal kill with it, I hope it never gets old.

It doesn't. The good news is, there's a stat that can make other weapons do the same thing-Punchthrough. So you can shred a line of people with the boltor or soma and have it go through a column of people.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm switching between a Braton Prime and the Prisma Gorgon from last week, both seem good if not ~the best~. I have half a Soma Prime that I'm tempted to just flip into a full prime warframe or two.

Having played for a few weeks I'm coming to the conclusion that I should be putting more effort into getting/leveling mods than into getting new guns, but it all kinda happens at the same time anyway

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 26, 2015

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
So I did 2 T4S's yesterday. One as a client that went to 40 no sweat and another as a host that went to ~31 where I was dropping (i.e. shot to pieces after ~18 minutes) constantly after a certain point. Couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong in the second considering that build had 2-3 dedicated survivability mods compared to the previous build's 0. Turns out it may have been the enemies perfect accuracy for shooting the host.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381733-hosting-causes-drastic-increase-of-enemy-accuracy-please-read-de/

Apparently DE is now investigating this phenomenon, but from what I am seeing they seem to be able to reproduce the results. Apparently all the ninja flipping in the world doesn't help you much if you are hosting the game.

Panzerkin3D fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 26, 2015

plustwobonus
May 3, 2007
Anti-productive
Shout out to Denzine, Panzerkin3D and another goon whose name I forgot for carrying me through two runs of the Tactical Alert yesterday. I've been playing with Kestrel + Astral Twilight since then and having way too much fun.

General question: I'm hitting the mid game point where I've cleared most of the planets (everything except Ceres and Pluto), and want to start doing void stuff regularly. I've got some plat (~60 or so) left over from when I first picked up the game and payed $20 in closed beta (after which I forgot about it for a year) - is it worth it to buy a "top tier" weapon (Boltor Prime, Latron Prime, etc) now, or should I pump potatoes/forma into normal weapons that I've built while farming for prime parts. Checking price lists, it looks like I can afford a Boltor Prime and maybe a corrupted mod or two with the plat I've got. I'm not short on frame/weapon slots yet, so it's kinda tempting to jump straight to the good stuff rather than attempting T4 missions with mediocre gear.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
I'd suggest grabbing one of the higher end Market BP, Clan Tech weapons, or Syndicate Weapons (Kohm, Quanta, Synoid Gammacor, other I am forgetting...) and tricking those out for void runs. They are good to have around anyway, and it helps you conserve plat for reactors/catalysts as needed.

Also, check with clan chat to see if anyone has a spare set of something lying around that they don't mind parting with. Less likely than it used to be (due to the Void Trader), but a lot of people still have plenty of spares of things like the Latron Prime.

Edit: No problem on the Tac Alert! That is what Goons are for.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

plustwobonus posted:

Shout out to Denzine, Panzerkin3D and another goon whose name I forgot for carrying me through two runs of the Tactical Alert yesterday. I've been playing with Kestrel + Astral Twilight since then and having way too much fun.

General question: I'm hitting the mid game point where I've cleared most of the planets (everything except Ceres and Pluto), and want to start doing void stuff regularly. I've got some plat (~60 or so) left over from when I first picked up the game and payed $20 in closed beta (after which I forgot about it for a year) - is it worth it to buy a "top tier" weapon (Boltor Prime, Latron Prime, etc) now, or should I pump potatoes/forma into normal weapons that I've built while farming for prime parts. Checking price lists, it looks like I can afford a Boltor Prime and maybe a corrupted mod or two with the plat I've got. I'm not short on frame/weapon slots yet, so it's kinda tempting to jump straight to the good stuff rather than attempting T4 missions with mediocre gear.

It's not the worst idea, but Towers really aren't as crazy as you've probably built them up to be in your head. Pluto's roughly the same difficulty as T4 stuff (before corrupted nullifiers and bombards I'd have said Pluto was harder). I will say this, I farmed nearly everything you could get from the void with a plain 'ol Soma and a Rhino, so don't go thinking you need absolutely bonkers weapons for tower runs.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ask me in game for a free Boltor Prime set.
And yeah Towers really don't require that much prep. Mediocre equipment is better than what I usually use :v:
T4 is the only time I actually bother to cobble together a set of good equipment. T3 and under can be easily done with goons.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Also anything under T4 is way easier than you're probably thinking and goons are just fine with people who are not using the "ideal" loadout. Requiring an absolutely min-maxed party with 6 forma weapons to even attempt a tower defense is something dumb pubbies do.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Its me, I was the dumb newbie who over prepared going into void towers. The game didn't do much to steer me in the right direction. And lack of match making for the void made it seem less appealing. Even through its pretty much trash in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plustwobonus
May 3, 2007
Anti-productive
I've done a bit of T1 and T2 stuff with goons, but part of the build up in my head is that everyone was so built out I was essentially being carried the whole time. I guess the answer is just to play with goons instead of dealing with pubbie elitism (which is usually the right answer in every game).

I just started working on Cephalon Suda rep for a Synoid Gammacor, but that's a ways off. If I see one of you gents in chat I may bug you for a prime set, but I'm not going to stress about it.